It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Watch 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Everyday there seems to be new cases popping up, around the world. Maybe it would be a good idea to have one big thread, where we can keep track of this Ebola situation; instead of having to make a new thread, for each case that arises? Here's where things are at, thus far.

Ebola death toll reaches 932; 1,700 cases: WHO

A Nigerian nurse who treated a man with Ebola is now dead and five others are sick with one of the world's most virulent diseases, authorities said Wednesday as the death toll rose to at least 932 people in four West African countries.

Also, does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

Note to add: the above picture is the one that was used for the above article.

Ebola Health Map

ATS Ebola Threads
Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital
IT'S SPREADING: Liberian dies in Morocco of Ebola
Saudi Arabia tests first suspected Ebola case; outbreak worse than people know
Ebola Epidemic Could Become Global Crisis
Ebola - my visual charts & projections based on WHO data
Ebola reported in Lagos, Nigeria, Megacity of 21 Million People
Monsanto & TEKMIRA: The Cure for Ebola
Bill Gates, Soros spreading ebola?
ATS Forums: Diseases and Panademics
edit on 108WedamAugam8 by ImDaMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan
Everyday there seems to be new cases popping up, around the world. Maybe it would be a good idea to have one big thread, where we can keep track of this Ebola situation; instead of having to make a new thread, for each case that arises? Here's where things are at, thus far.

Ebola death toll reaches 932; 1,700 cases: WHO

A Nigerian nurse who treated a man with Ebola is now dead and five others are sick with one of the world's most virulent diseases, authorities said Wednesday as the death toll rose to at least 932 people in four West African countries.

Also, does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

Oh yeah....those masks will definitely keep you safe....

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe If you read the picture, from left to right, you can see a woman not wearing a mask, the man has a mask, but he's not wearing it; 2 workers have masks on, and one is fully protected. WTF is that????

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImDaMan
a reply to: Vasa Croe If you read the picture, from left to right, you can see a woman not wearing a mask, the man has a mask, but he's not wearing it; 2 workers have masks on, and one is fully protected. WTF is that????

Yeah...and from the CDC website:

Special Recommendation for Health Care Workers
Health care workers who may be exposed to people with the disease should follow these steps:
Wear protective clothing, including masks, gloves, gowns, and eye protection.
Practice proper infection control and sterilization measures. For more information, see “Infection Control for Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers in the African Health Care Setting.”
Isolate Ebola patients from unprotected people.
Avoid direct contact with the bodies of people who have died from Ebola.
Notify health officials if you have been exposed to someone with Ebola.

Guess they did not get the memo.....

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well the virus has already killed more then last year and the year isn't even over with. I think we've almost double to old amount.

Vasa is right the masks they have on will do very little for them. Once the virus has reached it's final stage and the infected is becoming more goo. People get a little upset and throwing things, key one being their own infected goo. It's kind of hard to stop anyone from doing without a full bio suit, not the cheap piece meal types they have all over.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here's a screen shot of Coca-Cola's "I Love You Africa" television ad, from 2012.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

I think this is a great idea. I've been thinking that for a few days now, it's hard to keep track of everything when there are 50 different threads. Maybe you could edit your original post to include links to each of the other threads as well, so that none of them fall by the wayside, and that way it is easier for members to follow each of the threads without having to subscribe to them all.

S&F for thinking smarter not harder.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Now I don't know if I am doing this correctly or not, but maybe someone else has a better method.
I am taking the dates of cases reported and calculating a 90% death rate based on those. Then I am looking to see how many days pass before the death rate catches up to the 90% figure.

For instance:
June 5 - 344 cases reported - 90% death rate that equals 309.6 This number of deaths was reported on July 1 at 303. 30 days later, pretty close to the time line of death from onset of 28 days.
Then on:
July 21 - 1048 cases reported - 90% death rate that equals 943.2 This number of deaths was reported Aug 5 at 932. 15 days later, so is this thing speeding up or are the deaths more around 100%?
Maybe this is all wrong, but seems to be close to what is being reported. Also the cases have more than tripled in 45 days and spread beyond the original 3 countries of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
Here is a good Link Health Map

Guinea 485 cases 358 deaths
Sierra Leone 646 cases 273 deaths
Liberia 468 cases 255 deaths
Nigeria 4 cases 1 deaths
edit on 8/6/2014 by whatnext21 because: spacing

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We should link the CDC notes and their maps to the topic as well. I think there are a couple medical papers that would help as well. I'll have to dig a bit to find the link make sure they still work. Also are we only going to cover one strain of Ebola here or all versions of it? Cause right now it's only the one that's setting fire to the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been brought up in any other threads, but human to human is not the only way this is spreading. Animals are carriers as well. Humans eat animals and have to kill and clean them to do so. If this virus is spreading human to human this quick, then how many animals have been infected? Animals aren't aware of the quarantine methodology and travel all over. If you infect the animal population with this is would essentially decimate the area even if they do not die because nobody can consume them.

Further to that, the WHO website even says it can be transmitted by males through semen for up to 7 weeks after recovering from the virus if they recover. I had not heard about this part before.

Ebola is introduced into the human population through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected animals. In Africa, infection has been documented through the handling of infected chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines found ill or dead or in the rainforest.

Ebola then spreads in the community through human-to-human transmission, with infection resulting from direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and indirect contact with environments contaminated with such fluids. Burial ceremonies in which mourners have direct contact with the body of the deceased person can also play a role in the transmission of Ebola. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness.

Source
edit on 8/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning

I think this is a great idea. I've been thinking that for a few days now, it's hard to keep track of everything when there are 50 different threads. Maybe you could edit your original post to include links to each of the other threads as well, so that none of them fall by the wayside, and that way it is easier for members to follow each of the threads without having to subscribe to them all.

S&F for thinking smarter not harder.

That's a great idea. I was thinking of doing that but didn't want to intrude on someone else's work. Here's another EYE OPENER; considering all eyes are on Africa. It starts off saying: "i see one world. i see one voice. I see one love. i see one choice.
I see a New World Order. And here's the chorus:
"The World is Ours
Ooo oh oo o ooh o o o oo
Seven billion stars
Ooo oh oo o ooh o o o oo
The World The World
The World The World is ours
- See more at: www.footballwood.com...

Those lyrics made me think of this scripture:
Genesis 15:5

5 And He brought him forth outdoors and said, “Look now toward heaven and count the stars, if thou be able to number them.” And He said unto him, “So shall thy seed be.”
I really wonder what the "illuminated ones" are up to???

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Star and Flag for the effort in the OP, reply for the notification and the follow.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Breaking News on RT

rt.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: option158
a reply to: Lynk3

Breaking News on RT

rt.com...

here's a clip.

Liberia's president declared a state of emergency on Wednesday to combat the ongoing outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in West Africa, as the country began implementing quarantine checkpoints.
Quarantine checkpoints?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why do i feel like this is some kind of Psy-Op?
It's either that, or very SLOPPY work, regarding such a "deadly" virus.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
CDC issues emergency 'all-hands' call for Ebola response

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday issued its highest alert for an all-hands on deck response to the Ebola crisis in West Africa.
My hands are busy, at the moment. lol

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Bodies dumped in streets as West Africa struggles to curb Ebola

Africans regard Ebola isolation wards as death traps. "They are therefore removing the bodies from their homes and are putting them out in the street. They're exposing themselves to the risk of being contaminated," Brown told Reuters. "We're asking people to please leave the bodies in their homes and we'll pick them up."

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Saudi Arabian man being tested for Ebola virus dies

RIYADH (Reuters) - A Saudi Arabian man suspected of having contracted the Ebola virus during a recent business trip to Sierra Leone died early on Wednesday in Jeddah, the Health Ministry said.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There's been lots of stuff still going on. Surprised no one has made any updates. Anyhoot.

MSF says Ebola outbreak moving too fast to handle

Geneva (AFP) - The Ebola outbreak that has claimed more than 1,000 lives in west Africa is moving faster than aid organisations can handle, the medical charity MSF said Friday.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ty for your updates, i'm following Ukraine, I can't handle another looming treat lol.
I was gonna this on the forum, but I haven't seen to many Ebola updates the past two days. I find this disturbing to say the least.

The cases most be heading towards 3000 or so. Seeing its multiplying exponential.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join