It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Town Rallies to Support Man Convicted of the Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a 4 yr old Boy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I know his attorney, met with her one time. Patricia Cummings, she's smart and works hard against the corruption in Williamson county. But even she can not always sway jurors that are not given the full truth of the case.

I would be most interested in reading the transcripts.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Without real DNA evidence, its just a young child without any concept of consequence's word.
a reply to: Unity_99

THIS kind of thinking is exactly why our society is filled with sexual predators.
It is notoriously difficult to convict a sex offender because we all know 'children lie'. IF convicted, sentences are extremely lenient,usually a short probation for first offense, unless extreme psychological or physical damage is proven.

Jury's weigh a ton of evidence before coming to a decision. Four-year-old's don't normally have detailed knowledge on how oral sex is performed, so I'm betting that was a big factor in filing charges AND convicting the town 'hero'.

As far as 'profile' of sexual predators, the main profile is how WELL they fit into society; they have perfected the art of appearing the least likely to commit such an act...and they're not just old men. Most don't get caught until they're old men, because many victims don't come forward until later in their adult life.Some victims never do.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

" Wanted him to be healed, loved, counseled, given courses, learn meditation, tai chi, camping trips, joy, happiness, healing healing healing. I love him too!"

That is all very Christian of you and I'm not mocking you just so you know. But now lets see what the statistics are on sexual deviants:

The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) reports the results of a 2004 Harris and Hanson study which indicates that rapists have a 24% rate of re-offense, child molesters targeting girls 16%, and child molesters targeting boys, 35%. Offenders with a previous sex offense conviction have a 37% re-offense rate. 1

Rapists repeat their offenses at rates up to 35%; offenders who molest young boys, at rates up to 40%; and those rates do not decline appreciably over time. 2

“Reported recidivism rates vary widely depending on the length of follow-up period employed, the methods used to calculate recidivism, and, perhaps, the sample size of the study.” 3

“In his study of 561 sex offenders, Dr. Gene Abel found pedophiles who targeted young boys outside the home committed the greatest number of crimes with an average of 281.7 acts …m olesters who targeted girls within the family committed an average of 81.3 acts…” 4

46% of rapists who were released from prison were re-arrested within 3 years of their release for another crime: 18.6% for a violent offense, 14.8% for a property offense, 11.2% for a drug offense and 20.5% for a public disorder offense. 5
www.parentsformeganslaw.org...

And these are the known molesters. Now think how many are running around and their victims haven't said a word. The FBI estimates that 1-10% of all victims will never report their assaults. When it comes to sex crimes, they really haven't found a way to 'cure' the perpetrators. And think how many even in this study did crimes they got away with. Do you really want to 'heal' them and turn them back loose? I don't.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Jury's do not weigh a ton of evidence, certainly not in Williamson County Texas. The DA's control the evidence and they have a solid reputation of presenting twisted, sometimes false evidence and hiding the stuff that will exonerate. You have no idea how the backward, and corrupt courts of Williamson County operate.

I had seen many cases where evidence that was held back would have let free their target. One case in particular where a 3 year old child had been interviewed by a case worker that named her own father as her abuser, but they already had the childs uncle under lock and key, so the childs video taped interview was never disclosed to the defense and never saw the light of day. The uncle went to prison, the father who committed the crime did not. I was the first to see it after petitioning the appellate clerk to round up all the case evidence. That is only one case of many where we found cause for reversal.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They must really love their football in Texas....WOW....I am speechless....

Here are my thoughts. Take them or leave them. I have known little kids to lie but I have never known a little kid to ever lie or make up a story about having a guy make them perform oral sex. Maybe a he touched me when he didnt but never he made me perform oral sex.

Personally I think he is guilty. He has a lawyer not a public defender. His lawyer most likely knows if he is guilty or not. If his lawyer believes he is not guilty there is no way he advises to take that plea deal. No way. Everyone is saying he is only being convicted on hearsay. If that is the case the lawyer would know that hey if this kid is innocent the appeal would be easy to overturn since its based on hearsay. Based on that alone I would have to say he is guilty.

edit on 27-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is sickeningly similar to the Penn State crap in that people are fanatics about their sports heroes ..especially football in Texas.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

The DA, if in deed did posses any real proof, would have not even presented a plea offer. They never do. Kinda of explains the DA's plea addition of "no appeal". Appeals often times expose the innocence and the corruption of the courts.

You would be surprised of how many folks take agreements because they have exhausted their financial resources.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This kind of crap surrounds many atheletes who are considered stars -- be that high school, college or professional. Think of the Stuebenville rape scandal. Or Kobe Bryant, Mike Tyson, Sandusky, and a slew of others.

It's astounding that normal people are even able to justify or overlook criminal behavior if it involves their favorite players or could affect their favorite teams.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He will be forgotten and support shall evaporate.

As the world turns.

Don't drop the soap? or do?

Try not to end up on anti-psychotics, or do?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I have been there. When I was younger I was pressured into taking a plea deal on a charge that I was innocent of. I had witnesses and everything. All the evidence was in my favor. However this was my first time in county jail. I was in there six days before I went before a judge. My public defender told me to take the deal or I would be in jail for another 20 days before I got before the judge again. And I would have to be in county jail until my case was decided.

They hit me with a ridiculous bail amount. A female family member was involved in the incident and she actually did what she was being charged with lol. The police saw her and everything. She was out the very next day on 3000 dollar bail which she had to pay 300 dollars. My bail was 50,000 of which I would of had to pay 5000. How was that fair. This was my first and last time with being charged with anything. They said we did the same thing. No one saw me do anything. Multiple witnesess said I did nothing. I did not have the money and did not want to be in jail any longer. So I took the plea deal. It was for a misdemeanor which makes it even more ridiculous. Oh and to add insult to injury the charges were eventually dropped from my family member who actually did it. I know all about this stuff.

I still think he is guilty.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is the problem with Texas and their corruption - a guilty or innocent verdict means nothing.

I followed another case in Texas and read up on how things are done down there and it's one corrupt State.

I don't know enough about this case to have an opinion on guilt or innocence.

But I DO KNOW the Texas system is so corrupt, the outcome is meaningless.

And for those of you who say you would never accept a plea may feel differently if you were 19 and could spend the REST OF YOUR LIFE IN JAIL. That's really not proof of anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is sickeningly similar to the Penn State crap in that people are fanatics about their sports heroes ..especially football in Texas.

That's not the Niner way. At least it didn't used to be. Let a Pro Bowl QB go because of a DUI. We need more of that again.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Seems like this guy must be part of an "important" family and his family and friends bullied this kid on social media and elsewhere to try and sway the truth and public opinion. It's a tactic. If he was innocent then he would've fought tooth and nail and plead NOT GUILTY - damn the consequences. You don't plead guilty and admit guilt when you're innocent unless you're an idiot. There should be a re-trial.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

What makes you think that he is guilty?

I don't know either way, he may be guilty. I only know that the plea agreement is suspect and know first hand how corrupt the system is. I only have my doubts.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Any legal system has the potential to be corrupt.

As far as the outcome of this case goes, in Texas, it is the exception and not the rule. The Lone Star state is a pro-Capital punishment one. Crimes of a sexual nature are taken seriously, and those that involve children are considered especially heinous.

What happened here is not a problem of corruption in the system. It is simply the nature of the crime.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

What happened here is not a problem of corruption in the system. It is simply the nature of the crime.

The meaning of this quote escapes me. Are you trying to say that they offered the plea agreement in order to not have to raise the issue of executing him?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I guess I do not know beyond a shadow of a doubt. I just know I would never take that deal if I was innocent. And as I have stated I have taken a plea deal before. So I know the pressure he could be under. I do not remember reading if he was in jail the whole time through his case or if he was out on bail. Either way I would not take that deal.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No. The reason he was aggressively prosecuted and sentenced was because this was a sex crime and the victim was a child.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

If they had any full proof evidence, then aggression during the prosecution stage would not be necessary.

Within the OP source link there are a few more links giving cause for doubt. I wonder what a good appellate attorney would find.

A videotaped interview between a child advocate and the first alleged victim was shown to the jury. In the video, the child says that Greg would punch him and repeats the same accusations his mother testified to on the stand.

kxan.com...

The second child testified that Kelly had not assaulted him. But of course that child can't be believed. A childs colorful memories and the need to please adults can and often times have convicted innocent people.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dang there sure are alot of opinions about football being the factor behind his support from the community without any of his stats being givin. Maybe i missed the part that showed he was not just another person. Personally i think there has not been enough evidence presented to convict him of being a football player much less a rapist. If the football thing plays such a big part in his support then how did they find 12 people that don't keep up with football. I think his conviction came the same way it did in this thread. It is a good thing no one was in front of all you when your knee jerked.
edit on 27-7-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join