It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington state will require kid-proof packaging for pot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: tallcool1

Actually, here in Washington state the recreational weed sales begin on July 8th... and from what I understand, for a good quality gram of weed - you're going to pay $25.00.
HIghly unlikely. Considering it is far less than that when purchased legally now, I see no reason it would just 250%.

I don't know, Cap. I hope you're correct, but I heard on local news (I watch KIRO 7 in the morning for traffic and weather before I leave for work) that a gram would be $25.00. Now they could of course be wrong, but I was just passing along what I had heard.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: tothetenthpower

They want kid proof packaging for pot, but it's totally cool to put alcohol in the exact same type of containers we put soda in. In fact we even market alcohol in fun, exciting flavors.

Why Not do the same with Alcohol as we do with Cigarettes, Black out the windows, no advertisements, no fun flavors...

I'm #ing kidding. If you're going to legalize pot, why should it be treated any differently than alcohol? Why is tobacco treated so much differently than alcohol? Yeah, cigarettes are pretty well guranteed to kill you but so is alcohol if abused or misused.

Pot, although I could see causing issues with driving isn't going to kill you unless you ate or smoked nearly your damn weight in it. It will sure make you wish you would die if you use too much but damn.

It's a #ing plant.

You can not die from eating or smoking pot. ((I'm not talking about the chemicals in pot that can kill you, I'm talking just straight pot)) The brain releases a chemical to keep you from over dosing.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1

Actually, here in Washington state the recreational weed sales begin on July 8th... and from what I understand, for a good quality gram of weed - you're going to pay $25.00.
HIghly unlikely. Considering it is far less than that when purchased legally now, I see no reason it would just 250%.

I don't know, Cap. I hope you're correct, but I heard on local news (I watch KIRO 7 in the morning for traffic and weather before I leave for work) that a gram would be $25.00. Now they could of course be wrong, but I was just passing along what I had heard.

I don't know about the states but it has been predicted in B.C (by Dana Larsen) that if cannabis was made legal it would cost $1 a gram.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: g146541

ETA: Also just as important, listing active ingredients, a long with proper lab testing for products, will ensure high quality and keep the less than honorable business owners from peddling pot that could kill you if grown improperly, using the wrong chemicals or a range of other issues.

Could you please show me one example of this?
Or hell show me one example of this Goddess given plant EVER killing at all?
As far as "improperly" growing, I'd think most things that might kill you would kill the plant as well, or are you speaking of something I'm not comprehending?
The ingredients should list: calcium, magnesium, sunshine, dirt traces and sticky icky goodness!

Various moulds grow on the herb in non sterile environments and if not dried properly which can cause deadly lung infections. I've heard of people being hospitalised for Nitrogen poisoning from smoking/eating pot that hasn't been 'flushed' properly and here in the UK the standard hash, soapbar, is about 5% weed, 95% bulking agents like diesel, glue, henna, vinyl, beeswax etc... that no one has a clue what it does to the body as scientists never thought people would be stupid enough to smoke old vinyl records.

Testing is a good thing as it'd weed out the bad growers and criminal types.

Once again, all of these things listed are NOT the product itself but 2nd or 3rd party contamination.
You could just as easily get a contaminated can of tomatoes from your store shelf.
I am simply pointing out that the wonderful product itself has never been responsible for a death.
Molds, fungus, and bugs can easily be avoided with a simple pocket microscope for around 20 bucks US.
I'd hope anyone with a love of floral pursuits has at least one of these.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Guess no one got my grass joke. Well, it is from the 60's.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: MOMof3

Guess no one got my grass joke. Well, it is from the 60's.

My Mom's farming friend calls it Electric Lettuce :

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

They already have that here in Oregon.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

lol that is a new one for me.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

I don't know about the states but it has been predicted in B.C (by Dana Larsen) that if cannabis was made legal it would cost $1 a gram.

BC - I frikken LOVE Vancouver! Not to be confused with Vancouver here in Washington. Years ago (about 16 years ago?), me and my girlfriend at the time, along with her sister and her boyfriend, road tripped to Vancouver to visit the Cannabis Café. I have no idea if it's still there or not - nor do I know the current laws in BC, but it was a strange experience. At the time, here in Washington people who smoked the wacky tobaccy weren't as open about it as they are now because you still could get into trouble for it. So when going to the Cannabis Café in Vancouver, BC - they allowed you to bring your own stuff in and smoke it in the open as long as you ordered food off of the menu. Still to this day I remember it as being so strange to be able to do that in a public setting without anyone giving a crap about it. Now we have the same culture down here, but that was my first "public experience" and it just sticks in my memory.

And, slightly off topic, I haven't crossed the northern border in years (other than a cruise ship stop in Victoria, BC), but the one thing that always stuck in my mind was how glaringly obvious the lack of litter all over the roads was once you crossed into Canada! I always felt that maybe Canada (or at least British Columbia) had the right idea back then - smoke weed, no big deal. Littering, however, would get you fined and ostracized! As it should be.
edit on 26-6-2014 by tallcool1 because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

BC - I frikken LOVE Vancouver! Not to be confused with Vancouver here in Washington. Years ago (about 16 years ago?), me and my girlfriend at the time, along with her sister and her boyfriend, road tripped to Vancouver to visit the Cannabis Café. I have no idea if it's still there or not - nor do I know the current laws in BC, but it was a strange experience. At the time, here in Washington people who smoked the wacky tobaccy weren't as open about it as they are now because you still could get into trouble for it. So when going to the Cannabis Café in Vancouver, BC - they allowed you to bring your own stuff in and smoke it in the open as long as you ordered food off of the menu. Still to this day I remember it as being so strange to be able to do that in a public setting without anyone giving a crap about it. Now we have the same culture down here, but that was my first "public experience" and it just sticks in my memory.

And, slightly off topic, I haven't crossed the northern border in years (other than a cruise ship stop in Victoria, BC), but the one thing that always stuck in my mind was how glaringly obvious the lack of litter all over the roads was once you crossed into Canada! I always felt that maybe Canada (or at least British Columbia) had the right idea back then - smoke weed, no big deal. Littering, however, would get you fined and ostracized! As it should be.

I don't know if that particular Cafe is still open but I know there are lots down there now. I haven't been in one but my younger sister (20yrs old) called my Mom a couple months ago and said "OMG Mom you will never guess where I'm having a hoot? In a store downtown Vancouver!!" My Mom laughed & they talked about how my sister felt odd being in a public place doing what she was but lots of other people were too, it's normal there but we're from a small city so it's abnormal for us.

As for the litter, it's not as great as it used to be but people still try to keep it clean because they are prideful of Vancouver & how awesome it is. Other places in B.C are like that too and it makes me happy that we don't want nature to be dotted with garbage. My town isn't always that great at using garbage cans but there aren't a lot of public ones that aren't on the main drag. I often see cups from timmies or mcdumpster laying on the ground and it's sad. I always carry my garbage on me until I either come across one or arrive home. When we were kids and went on walks back when I lived in Alberta, we would pick up garbage as we walked. I'm pretty sure that plays a big roll in why I don't like to litter, plus I think it's lazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join