It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessed rapist gets 45 days. Judge "14 year old victim wasn't as innocent due to sexual history.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

How many time have you said, does not seem right ? That can't happen, ETC. It seems to happen to me alot. Can't believe it. Something more than meets the eye here. The guy raped her for gods sake ! This country is going to hell on a greased pole. And there seems to be nothing we can do about it. Very sad.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Even if she initiated contact of a sexual nature and begged the guy to do her, she is a minor child who, legally, does not have the right to self-determination. Statutory rape is still rape. There are plenty of people with loose morals (male and female); it's prudent to avoid any who are not of legally consensual age.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

but rape victims have to take more responsibility for their own actions.

i tell my son and daughters not to get drunk in public, not to trust the guys at parties to be gentlemen, and always be aware of their surroundings. predators wait for their prey to be at their most vulnerable state. men and women need to be careful out there. a lot of times the victim knows the predator. it is usually a friend or family member.

children are a different matter. they need protection at all times. they are so vulnerable. it breaks my heart whenever i hear of children being hurt.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: therationalist
a reply to: LadyJae

Regarding your rape, i can never know what happened other than your version of events...

And you have no need to.

I am an intelligent rational woman now. I'm not naive and unsophisticated now. I won't be so easy to overpower now. Unfortunately, a young one does not have those advantages.

J

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Watched that film "kid cannabis" the other day... The dude who organised smuggling weed is doing 20 years! A guy in the same film took someone to the woods and stabbed him in the neck leaving him to die... Premeditated, serving 10 years... Now this... But of course why have murderers and rapists in prison when you can have nice peaceful potheads in there instead.

It's a joke! It's like in the UK there have been cases of people running someone over and killing them on a zebra crossing, kids no less and getting a fine or 6 months or something stupid... Does indeed make you sick!

So I guess if you want to break the law, don't do drugs, do rape and murder instead... ???
edit on 3-5-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Judges are part of certain secret societies a lot of the time and are involved in some really terrible stuff so it makes sense that they would have a delusional sense of reality. Just because someone is a judge does not mean they're a good person and sometimes they can be evil which is how I see this judge. Totally a judicial farce!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
This is sounding more and more like we're dealing with someone with a very third-world, old-testament-style theological attitude towards rape, which has no place in a thread about a case in the American justice system. Take your bigotry and backwards attitude elsewhere, please.

Yes, I tend to agree with you.

At first his comments angered me to no end...now, well I just feel sorry for him.

I feel very sorry for him and if any of you are from the south...When I say "Bless his little heart" ...you should know exactly what I mean by that.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
if any of you are from the south...When I say "Bless his little heart" ...you should know exactly what I mean by that.

Yes, indeed. I was thinking the same thing when I deleted my last comment to him.

J

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
No matter if the women was a prostitite, stripper, wearing a short skirt or wasted drunk, they are the victim. No means no!

I agree with you. No means no! I disagree, however, that the punishment of a rapist of a prostitute should be treated the same as the punishment of a rapist of a virgin.

I am not claiming to be Socrates when I say, "Deny ignorance," but I was trying to underscore that the media does not report all the facts surrounding a case (sometimes because they can't get all the facts).

I might have been a little too hasty with my original statement. I apologize. I will edit my original post because I would be guilty of contradicting myself. I understand why people are outraged over 45 day prison sentence. I personally feel it should be at least 90 days.

I misunderstood what the original poster meant by "outraged." I really did not mean to offend or upset anyone. I read the word "outraged" as meaning something completely different.

The dark ages called. They want you back.

Seriously, go live in the Middle East or some other barbaric socially retarded society, where you will find "morals" more suited to your ignorant backwards beliefs. You obviously do not belong in any rational, moral, decent society.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
if any of you are from the south...When I say "Bless his little heart" ...you should know exactly what I mean by that.

Yes, indeed. I was thinking the same thing when I deleted my last comment to him.

J

I kept my restraint in even responding to his posts because I knew it would only anger me and get me caught up in useless banter.

Some people are just not worth my time or energy and he was most certainly one of them.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

"The dark ages called. They want you back"

I'm still giggling after reading that! Such a simple retort yet, so fitting in this instance.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Wow, that's a scary ass post... The one you replied too I mean... Damn! So if someone decides to charge for say plumbing, I am pretty much in my rights to kidnap them and force them to do my plumbing? But ofcourse it would be awful if I forced someone that didn't know plumbing... WTF is wrong with some people?

If I feel like going out and charging for sex (I'd get sod all lol), they really think it's not so bad if I am raped against my will? My word... Just unbelievable...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: iosolomon

I have to say you are one sick individual, and your views are extremely disgusting and deeply disturbing.

I don't see where you get that. Just because I believe that even a rapist deserves his or her Constitutional rights, you are going to charge me as "disgusting and disturbing"? What are you going to say next that the Constitution is "anachronistic"? (That's what the late Congressman Henry Hyde called it.)

People, I am not some backwards red-neck or barbaric tribesman. I simply believe that the Constitution should apply to ALL. I am sorry that you disagree with your own Constitution. Like I said in another post, the severity of the sentence is what you call "due process."

Go. Read. Constitution.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The dark ages called. They want you back.

Seriously, go live in the Middle East or some other barbaric socially retarded society, where you will find "morals" more suited to your ignorant backwards beliefs. You obviously do not belong in any rational, moral, decent society.

How is defending a criminal barbaric or backward? Do they not have rights to? This is YOUR Constitution.

I was NOT the Judge in this case. All I am saying is that, as much as you hate it for criminals to have rights, THEY STILL HAVE RIGHTS!

The last time I checked the Constitution was written in the 18th-century. But you might be right, maybe it's time fo you to form a new Constitution.

And do not be a fool. You think America is "rational, moral, and decent"? Where do you get that from? You drop bombs on innocent women and children. You lock people up for smoking a herb. Disease, poverty, and corruption plague your Lands. And you want to tell me, your society is the epitome of "rational, moral, and decent"?

Get. Off. Your. High. Horse.

Like I said, I put the Constitution first, and if you cannot see that, that's not my problem. ("Due process" clause is what determines the severity of the punishment, but I bet you didn't know that! You're American!)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You said

"And do not be a fool. You think America is "rational, moral, and decent"? Where do you get that from? You drop bombs on innocent women and children. You lock people up for smoking a herb. Disease, poverty, and corruption plague your Lands. And you want to tell me, your society is the epitome of "rational, moral, and decent"?

And you are absolutely correct. We suck as a country and a society when all we want to do is argue about Benghazi when we are killing innocent children with indiscriminate drone strikes on a daily basis. We absolutely suck. It seems our society doesn't even care that the NSA spys on innocent civilians or that we kill children daily. That we support the Israeli government policy of apartheid. Why are they better than the south Africans? But those are separate issues and not what this thread is about.

The issue is that some on this thread appear to be victim blaming and perpetuating the rape culture in the US. In the US criminals and the accused do have rights. But so do victims. Rape is never okay and no means no and that's what this thread is about. I'm tired of seeing sexual assault cases get swept under the rug. This is not the society I want and I will fight against the rape culture and the victim blaming. Then I'll fight the other issues. One thread at a time here on ATS. One thread at a time.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

"The issue is that some on this thread appear to be victim blaming and perpetuating the rape culture."

I am afraid that would be me. That is why I posted the reply you responded to.

People on here really misunderstood me; in part, because I used a poor choice of words.

I take the road less traveled by, and I will defend the Constitution, even if that means defending rapists. If people on this forum have a problem with that, then they need to change the Constitution.
edit on 3-5-2014 by iosolomon because: small typ

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to: LadyJae

Star for you Lady...well put post,very well put.
edit on 3-5-2014 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
a reply to: amazing

"The issue is that some on this thread appear to be victim blaming and perpetuating the rape culture."

I am afraid that would be me. That is why I posted the reply you responded to.

People on here really misunderstood me; in part, because I used a poor choice of words.

I take the road less traveled by, and I will defend the Constitution, even if that means defending rapists. If people on this forum have a problem with that, then they need to change the Constitution.

I'm sorry but what the hell does the constitution have to do with anything? You are saying that a piece of paper makes all decisions for you? But anyway how is it relevant? He admitted rape... Case closed... The judge is a flaming sicko and most likely a rapist...

See everyone has rights yeah but when you violate other peoples rights then you lose yours! Simple... Everyone has the right to not be shot yeah? But if someone breaks into your house and you find them raping your wife and you have a gun, they getting shot and you would be well within your rights! Why? But the house braking rapist has the right to not get shot... In your twisted view anyway.

You seem to care about the rights of a rapist over that of the victim... THAT is what makes you a sicko...
edit on 3-5-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I guess the message here is take your own justice, cos there isn't any other kind.

Don't even bother reporting stuff, just get whatever measure of vengeance you feel like.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

You seem to care about the rights of a rapist over that of a woman... THAT is what makes you a sicko...

I really do not understand why people are having such a tough time understanding my words. This isn't rocket science.

The rapist was prosecuted and sentenced. Sure, some victims might want to see their rapist stoned to death. Are you saying that we should allow the victim to have her rapist stoned to death because otherwise we would be "guilty" of caring about the rights of the rapist over that of the victim's? That IS exactly what you are saying.

What does the Constitution have to do with this? Well, people on here are calling me barbaric, backwards-thinking, disgusting, disturbing, and now you, "sicko." The Constitution IS the Law of the Land that this crime occurred in. Therefore, I will defend the Constitution, and the rights of the rapist.

Again, you people really need to read more carefully. I am not saying that rapists should be allowed to rape. I am not downplaying the trauma of the victim. All I am saying is that I am NOT a sicko for defending the Constitution. If you really think so, then go and change your Constitution. Simple, no?

Now, is there anyone else who needs me to further educate them about human rights?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join