It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessed rapist gets 45 days. Judge "14 year old victim wasn't as innocent due to sexual history.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

just because some of "US Americans" are outraged by the fact that the perp only recieved a 45 day sentence for the account doesn't give you the right to put us down because we feel it is an unjust sentence. Yea there may be more to the story I agree totally. but there are instances in the states where the punishment simply does not fit the crime. Maybe you should practice what you preach...."Deny Ignorance", with your ignorant comment towards Americans. An average citizen of America is punished more harshly for having 1 marijuana seed than a person guilty of 1st degree murder. Granted, they are becoming more lenient on the Mary Jane laws. The point is, be a little more respectful. We are all only human. We are all on this website for the same purpose: To Deny Ignorance. You wouldn't like it if I talked crap about you being from across the pond would you?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
originally posted by: iosolomon

That depends on if you care to tell me the circumstances.

I do not mean to upset or offend anyone. I am NOT saying that rapists should not be punished or prosecuted. All I am saying is that "rape" in this country doesn't really mean rape.

I was where I should have been doing what I should have been doing. I was accosted against my will. That is all you need to know. I have no interest in sharing my pain on an internet forum.

Rape is forced sexual interaction. It doesn't matter which gender is doing the forcing. NO means just that...NO.

Like I said, women need to take more responsibility for their actions.

And do you subscribe to the notion that "boys will be boys" also?

J
edit on 5/2/2014 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
I do appreciate the plight of rape victims, but rape victims have to take more responsibility for their own actions. If someone jumps out of the bushes, and rapes you, sure, slap that person down with the harshest sentence. But there's more to this story than is being released by the press. Don't be such sheep. Doesn't this website say, "Deny ignorance."

You Americans are really a poor breed of sheep. You call someone a rapist when a 14 year-old uses a fake id to illegally have sex with an adult. As if the adult is supposed to know.
Open your eyes, you sheep, there is more to this story than can be released.

Thats a bold first post man.
But I do agree that this is much different than a violent rape and this girl does need to take more responsibility for her actions. Unfortunately it sounds like her parents failed her....I mean, 14 yrs old with multiple sexual partners?! and has already given birth?!!

edit on 2-5-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DilligafMisfit

Now, now, I did not mean to upset or offend anyone.

Rape is an icky topic. Should a person resist, and risk injury? Or silently acquiesce? If they silently acquiesce (without any threats of violence), then the rapist isn't so deserving of a harsher punishment.

Slut says, "No." Rapist continues. Slut does not say anything else.

Slut says, "No." Rapist continues. Slut yells, "NO!" Rapist tells Slut to shut up, and continues.

Who is more guilty? I hope we can all agree the second situation. The rape of a Slut is LESS traumatic than the rape of an innocent chaste girl. Therefore, the sentence SHOULD reflect this.

I am merely expressing my opinion. You can disagree with my opinion if you want, but your country is responsible for enslaving more than half of the world with your "capitalism." I do say, putting all Americans down is warranted. You waste your time getting outraged over the rape of a slut, yet you do not get outraged that 18,000 children under the age of 5 --just the ones under 5-- have died. Your values are highly misplaced. Like I said, Americans are a poor breed of sheep.

And you bringing up the marijuana laws proves my point. Americans are a poor breed of sheep.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The criminal justice system has absolutely NOTHING to do at all with justice.

The entire Judicial system is 100% corrupt joke and has been completely usurped...

It has been 100% re-purposed to protect the elite. PERIOD.

"The court system as it's set up today is not setup as a tool for justice, it's setup as a tool for retribution... Anyone that they want, they can get." Chip Tatum - Black Ops Interview (@ 1 hour 16 min)

Our court system has been infiltrated by members of this secret society sworn to protect each other from prosecution of any criminal activity and to render favorable judgments to its member.

Freemasons Control the Court (And Thus the Legal System)

The Court System And Freemasonry

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Thats a bold first post man.

Yes, I did not mean for it to be my first post. I actually came on here to post a conspiracy theory I have. For some reason, the link won't load.

I don't mean to be bold. I just say it how it is. The problem is not that someone got raped, but rather, that society is still producing rapists.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

edit on 5/2/2014 by LadyJae because: I shouldn't have made the first post.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The problem is that we live in a rape culture perpetuated by ancient religions that tell us that women are second rate citizens and that we live in a society where it is okay to blame the victim or show the victim in a bad light just because we can.

We live in an information age where we can find dirt and bad things on all people. We, none of us, are perfect. When it's okay to blame victims and it's okay to treat women as second class citizens and when we live in a world where machismo is coveted and male rape victims would never ever dare speak out....when that happens, then we live in a rape culture.

I chose to stand up say stop. I chose to support feminism because it will help to end this culture. It's time to change the world people. No means no. Let's stop victim blaming.
edit on 2-5-2014 by amazing because: bad grammer!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae
I was where I should have been doing what I should have been doing. I was accosted against my will. That is all you need to know. I have no interest in sharing my pain on an internet forum.
Rape is forced sexual interaction. It doesn't matter which gender is doing the forcing. NO means just that...NO.
And do you subscribe to the notion that "boys will be boys" also?

I was not asking you to relive any of your pain, I was just saying that I cannot answer your question of responsibility without more details.

In your situation, from the few details you provide, I would understand your outrage if your rapist only got 45 days.

"Rape is forced sexual interaction."

My point is there are varying degrees of rape that should accordingly receive varying degrees of punishment. My heart does not weep for a sexually promiscuous girl who gets raped the same as if a chaste girl does. (I would still weep for the promiscuous girl, but not the same as for the chaste girl. And the punishment should reflect this for the rapist.)

"Boys will be boys"

It depends on the context. If used as a blanket justification, no, I don't subscribe to it. However, if you give a boy a gun, and he shoots it, and injures or kills someone, well, in that case, I would say, "boys will be boys." So it all depends on the situation, and that is how the Law should work.

I feel that the Judge did a good job in this case. My only complaint is that the rapist should have been sentenced to 45 days of hard labor, but this is America, we don't know what Justice is here. We let our emotions guide and sway us, like the original poster who said they were "outraged.' That is my point. Don't be guided by your emotions or feelings. Let the facts and rationality be your guide.

edit on 2-5-2014 by iosolomon because: added [answer]

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Your attitude towards women is absolutely disgraceful.

Women who enjoy sex should be called sluts? Children who've made mistakes deserve to be raped? Paedophile rapists should get lenient sentences? In most cases the victims past behavior is not mentioned in court as it's irrelevant (see rent case of guy shooting multiple robbers in his house) yet promiscuous women should be included as if it means they were asking for it?

Hopefully women will know to stick well clear of you from now on for their own safety.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
well evidently my post came off as me being offended.... for one I am as one American out of 300 million. Im offended at the fact that you think we are all one and the same. Its not my fault that i was born here. As well as the fact that I am currently a victim of finances and unable to leave this country to my ancestral homeland of Ireland. I do agree that our american culture has been dumbed down. We have become a society of sheep, However, your generalized statement that we all are sheep, is merely an opinion as you said and not a fact. Yes America has tried to spread its influence all over the globe. Yes the people in power have turned our country into a bunch of fat lazy slobs. But that only describes America in part. Once again not all of us deserve to be lumped together just because of a majority idiocracy. I agree, where were the parents when this was going on? what was a 14 year old girl doing with an 18 year old guy? there could be more to the situation yes. but sometimes if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck what are you going to call it? A rock? Ok forget my pot allusion. A person caught jay-walking more often than not will be sentenced to a year of jail time. this guy rapes an underage female, confesses to it, and gets a slap on the wrist, 45 day sentence? Ever hear of Rufinol? what about the drug in columbia that is highly suggestive? I cant remember its the .....Devil's something or other. Drinking impairs judgement. does that make it alright if the guy sticks his schmeckle in? does that mean she was asking for it?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Your attitude towards women is absolutely disgraceful.

Au contraire, your attitude towards women is absolutely disgraceful! Since when did Slut only mean women? You are what we would call a bigot.

"Women who enjoy sex should be called sluts?" Not saying that.

"Children who've made mistakes deserve to be raped?" It is NOT rape if the child consents if there was no force, manipulation, or coercion used. (And I'm referring to children who are sexually developed since child can refer to anyone under the age of 18.)

"Pedophile rapists should get lenient sentence?" If they have sex with someone who a) consented, or b) lied about their age, then they shouldn't even get sentenced at all. The responsibility should fall on the parent to teach their child not to have sex with pedophiles.

Actually, in many cases, past sexual behavior is relevant, as it applies to the mens rea (the intent). If someone is a virgin, then that elevates the crime.

"Hopefully women will know to stick well clear of you from now on for their own safety." What is wrong with you? Where do you get that I would rape someone? I mean, really, that was just completely unfair and uncalled for. Shame on you.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

No matter if the women was a prostitite, stripper, wearing a short skirt or wasted drunk, they are the victim. No means no!

So just to clarify since you're talking about denying ignorance. The definition of rape:

The crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will:
Notice no mention about any behavior on the part of the victim.

Very clear definition of rape from FBI:
FAQ: FBI on the definition of rape

I do appreciate the plight of rape victims, but rape victims have to take more responsibility for their own actions. If someone jumps out of the bushes, and rapes you, sure, slap that person down with the harshest sentence. But there's more to this story than is being released by the press. Don't be such sheep. Doesn't this website say, "Deny ignorance." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Americans are sheep? Thats quite the sweeping generalization isn't it? In regards to your comment about the victim pulling out a fake ID, read the story again and quote where that's mentioned..it isn't. Deny ignorance.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: additional info

PS..there's really no need for name calling. It weakens your argument.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added comment

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DilligafMisfit

I hold Americans to the same standard that the Biblical God would hold you to. All Americans are responsible for what their country is and has become. Do you think that there weren't good and honest People when the Biblical God destroyed the world in the past? Hey, we all know the Bible is fiction, but whether it be so or not, I still hold all Americans to that same standard, myself included.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Because you're a victim blaming rape apologist, which makes you far more likely to be a rapist who certainly has little/no respect for women.

She said no and he pleaded guilty, it's rape and a 45day sentence (out in three weeks on good behaviour) is a disgraceful sentence that will make victims less likely to come forward.
edit on 2-5-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
No matter if the women was a prostitite, stripper, wearing a short skirt or wasted drunk, they are the victim. No means no!

I agree with you. No means no! I disagree, however, that the punishment of a rapist of a prostitute should be treated the same as the punishment of a rapist of a virgin.

I am not claiming to be Socrates when I say, "Deny ignorance," but I was trying to underscore that the media does not report all the facts surrounding a case (sometimes because they can't get all the facts).

I might have been a little too hasty with my original statement. I apologize. I will edit my original post because I would be guilty of contradicting myself. I understand why people are outraged over 45 day prison sentence. I personally feel it should be at least 90 days.

I misunderstood what the original poster meant by "outraged." I really did not mean to offend or upset anyone. I read the word "outraged" as meaning something completely different.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Nowhere did I say it was okay to rape. Nowhere did I say the rapist should get off. Nowhere did I say the victim was at fault. But I am going to add an Edit to my original post.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
On that point I completely disagree. 1) I think the bible is the greatest novel ever written. 2) I dont believe in fairy tales and 3) This isnt a theology lesson. The Judge made a ruling, the sentence was implemented, some people scream wrong some say oh it was just. It also says in the bible "EYE FOR AN EYE" does that mean this man should be raped? lol I know what the response would be. The guy outright admitted to raping the girl. In what world is rape of any kind alright?
I If my oldest or hell if my youngest daughter was walking down the street screaming at the top of her lungs "PLEASE RAPE ME!" does that mean she deserves to be raped. Once again if they where at a party in their teens, (not saying I would allow my daughters to go to a kegger but Its bound to happen I cant watch over them 24-7, I cant tie them to their beds till they are 35 either) and some little punk slips a roofy in their drink does that mean they were deserving of rape? I have 3 boys. they rape some little girl I would drag their happy a$$es down to local pokey myself! let them sit in a cell with bubba to get the other end of the stick....Pun intended. and I would let them rot to the full extent of the law. And once again you cannot justify generalizing a whole society because of the actions of some!!!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

More proof humanity still hasn't come out from the Dark Ages

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DilligafMisfit
I have 3 boys. they rape some little girl I would drag their happy a$$es down to local pokey myself! let them sit in a cell with bubba to get the other end of the stick....Pun intended. and I would let them rot to the full extent of the law. And once again you cannot justify generalizing a whole society because of the actions of some!!!

If your children raped someone, that is your fault as a parent for failing them. Your response is typical of an American's.

Actually, the Bible says that I CAN generalize a whole society because of YOUR ELECTED officials. But as you said, this isn't a theology discussion. So don't tell me how I can and cannot interpret the Bible. My interpretation is correct, and you would be foolish not to listen to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join