It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women the true spiritual leaders?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Woman are from Venus and Men are from Mars.

Women are better at creating civilizations then men, while men are better at making thing go Ka-boom. Woman are better at multi-tasking and organizing, while Men are more single minded, which has it pros and cons.

I do think Men can handle grudges better(well, not all the time) then women can, since when woman fight, they usually stay enemies. While for Men, they can hate each at first, but they could end up being friends the very next day.

It should really come down to the character of a person though. But hey, us men had to go hunt for you pelt boots for the past 100 thousands years. So cut us some slack.

edit on 23-3-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In a word. No.

Putting "insert any group of people" here on a pedestal as being more spiritual, or more evolved, is plain stupid. We all know women who are complete psychos, can hold grudges forever, are mean spirited and cruel. We all know men like this as well. It's nothing more than a stereotype that women are more caring, or men are more emotionally detached. The only exception I think are very young children, before their parents ruin their openness and honesty with their emotional baggage and stupidity.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Great point op. You have to question why all religions put women at a lower level than men. I grew-up catholic and never understood why women were never allowed to be priests. They were allowed to become nuns, but had to wear those dreadful habits. I know the catholic religion is now allowing women to give communion, but they still are prevented from becoming priests. The Vatican is a club for men and we all know how the Muslim religion treats their women.

Even during the times of Jesus, women were still under the control of men. Considering women are much more nurturing, more loving, emotional and comforting, you would think they would be more spiritually connected than men. Why didn't Jesus speak up and condemn men for treating women as slaves to men? I think this is a legitimate question when it comes to putting your faith in religion.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My theory is that, in part, some of our modern religions were created to subjugate women. By modern, I mean some of the religions that predated the Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It wasn't enough that men had more physical strength and size because we all know that you cannot control people with brute strength alone. No, they had to make weave it into all of their religions that men were the supreme beings on earth. Some of the earlier religions like those in Greece had strong female Gods but they were below the Male dominant God. Not bad, but then men saw that that wasn't enough because women could still be strong people and leaders under those religions. No, men refined their religions and made it that God forbid women to be religious leaders, Goddesses or anything that would be an affront to man. Christianity took it a step further, commanding that all women must be subservient to their men ala Paul. Anyway.. it's taken us thousands of years to start to get past that and actually let our women lead us again in all aspects of life. The result is a better world.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To 1 the Spiritual leadership quality is an attribute associated with both female and male energies...

At times it does appear here on EA*RTH that the female energy associated with the Spiritual teachings has been oppressed by the male, reiterating here on EA*RTH for elsewhere within the WHOLE* the female energy may be more dominate... QUEENS. This is why it is logical to exercise FAIR balance in leadership, teachings and co existing for another visiting energy may see or sense the flaw from afar and respond accordingly.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'd say that women were actually chosen to run things but guys decided they could do a better and faster job at screwing things up royally.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i think both sexes can do a good job at it. at an organized level.

but the "true" ones? no.

at Jesus's time, no way would a woman be able to do what He did (or be let to do, is more like it)
it was a man's world. so to speak. hence Son of God.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Without women , none of us would be here,I don't know what spiritual means, theres no clear definition, it means what you want it to I guess. I suppose believing in a spiritual realm would be a requirement and you need to be born to have a spirit right ? So does that mean a woman also created the spirit ?
edit on 23-3-2014 by lotusfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

You don't need to be born to have a spirit - you're spirit before and after you come into physical form. The point of spirituality is to connect with what we were before we were born. That's how I have always understood it - and how it is explained in the literature (our highest selves incorporate spirit, which is transformative - and what we become after death and are before birth - too easily forgotten when in this form). So I would say women kinda screw it up by bringing us into this form if looking at it that way (but men help in that).

It's simply the rest of who we are - that we can incorporate if we make a conscious effort to do so - and since we all have the capacity regardless of gender we all can be a part of transcendence. I would say a good leader should achieve the integration first - if a person hasn't achieved it how can they guide another to do so.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Dianec

Explains the Adam and Eve thing - she made a bad judgement call and therefore was seen as weak - needing to be in a more subservient role. However - it may never have been the intention that all of her good leadership contributions be squashed as well (that is more religiously based so don't want to get off track - just thought I would mention it).

Go wherever you want in my thread, I don't mind, it's all interesting what people think and feel about it all.

And as Eve is always painted as the bad one, perhaps Adam neglected her, didn't pay her the necessary attention she was meant to get in their relationship, which was why she was open to being coerced. Perhaps she felt insecure and they had a breakdown in their relationship not sharing all their feelings and working all their difficulties through on the feeling level first. Perhaps Adam took it upon himself too much, and so caused Eve to do what she thought was right. And perhaps had they talked their feelings through more, she'd have not done what she did, nor he what he did. I'm sure they were both equally at fault, just in different ways. And the fact that she brought about the actual Default on a Technical level, shows that women are the spiritual leaders in this context.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by zuimon

Why didn't Jesus speak up and condemn men for treating women as slaves to men?

He reckon he probably did, but what he said has been edited out.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Let's say you were a high spirit with the power to control humanity on Earth way back when. You were meant to look after and nurture and guide humanity, but for whatever reasons you decided that instead of doing what God wanted you to do, you'd do what you wanted, and so take over. So how would you do it? What influences would you impress upon early men and women so as to ensure they would always look to you as God and not the real Heavenly God?

And so wouldn't you work on denying women by stopping them have their say, whilst at the same time elevating men to think they are better than they are, that they are stronger, and it's only their say that matters.

And so all these years later, what do we have?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah I like that!

And thanks to everyone for contributing.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I'm actually glad to get some feedback on Eve. I think of Lilith as well - the seducing woman who caused trouble. I believe she is more heavenly or mythological. Perhaps it is a woman's power that a man fears with these two - take one mistake and turn it into a character assassination on the entire gender as a way to subdue or feel some sense of control? It could be but God endorsed this thinking to some extent. I believe things have been twisted by people for sure - with men's defects pointed out with just as much chagrin but not as emphasized through years of conditioning. We couldn't even read the bible until fairly recently in the scheme of things (only men could) - so conditioning comes into play. It takes a good deal of time to reinterpret things and put them into proper context.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

It's pretty commonly accepted that we began with matriarchal societies that were led politically and spiritually by women. When this changed, the gods and goddesses of mythology changed alongside the shift. You can see this just by comparing the shift of myths between the Sumerian relationships in their pantheon to the Babylonian ones. The examples continue from there. Even the old testament in the Christian bible alludes to a female counterpart to Yahweh who was virtually erased from history when they cast out the Jews who acknowledged her.

I think the matriarchal society, as peaceful as it seemed to be, wasn't perfect. The patriarchal era that took over is far worse. I believe that era is coming to a close, as well, and the next one will have a balance. Finally. The pendulum will swing back and rest at last.

To answer your question at the bottom of your post, I would simply ensure that the above happened with as little violence and hate as possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

I'd say the true spiritual leader is balanced between the Male and Female principles. The gods were very often Hermaphrodites

Hermes-Aphrodite

Gender is an outward representation of Inner Principles.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Generally, women are not leaders. Most of the time they will prefer a man to take over something that they find risky or hard. This is why generally, women are thought of as being incapable of having certain positions. I'm not saying they are all like that. I'm sure there are exceptions. But in general it really is that way, and if you're in a relationship you'll notice the same pattern.

I don't know if it's the way men and women are raised or whatever, but generally, women care a lot more about shallow things than important things. There are a lot of women that care more about the way their body looks than their health, which is why they like liposuctions over actually excersizing and a good diet to lose weight. That is why they prefer make-up that damages their skin, while generally men find girls with minimal make-up more attractive. That is why they will fill their closets with shoes that hurt their feet after 15 minutes. That is why they will buy a new purse every few months despite them knowing they are contributing to child slavery. Women in general see their lives as direct interconnecting relationships. They fail to see direct physical damage, or other societal damage that's not directly connected to their own social life.

I'm not saying women have no part at all, but, men and women should complement their strengths and weaknesses.
edit on 24-3-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

I'm going to have to disagree with you. There are millions of women leaders in the world. They are prime ministers, senators, CEOs, Generals, Supervisors, Managers, Team leads, Queens, Presidents, VPs, Directors, single Parents. Women do take the hard jobs. You've lived a sheltered life if you don't think women are equal to men in this respect.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

zuimon
Are women the true spiritual leaders? The Urantia Book says they are.

Is it possible that we’ve got it horribly wrong by having men determine the beliefs, structures and ways of our religions and spiritual systems.

Yes it is possible. Everything is possible. I think a better question is, "is it likely that we've got it horribly wrong ... spiritual systems?"

My answer to the above question would be yes. Men being in charge have made a royal mess of things for millenniums upon millenniums.

Should we instead be looking to women for our spiritual survival. What do you reckon?

Possibly, but I could see women being in charge long enough creating some of the same problems that we have now. The sexes will just be reversed. Since women think differently than men, it could also create totally NEW problems that we don't experience in the male dominated religions.

And do you think there is a conspiracy at work here? How is it that men have dominated our spiritual and religious lives for so long? What has happened to keep woman's truth so suppressed? And if women were able to express themselves freely - what would that spiritual or religious system look like?

Because men are stronger (physically) then women. It wasn't until modern times that the whole concept of might makes right wasn't the prevailing way that societies lived by. When you are biologically tuned to be stronger than others, in a society that subscribes to "might makes right", you will dominate the weaker ones. In this case it was women. I guess you could call that a conspiracy, but it's more just men being chauvinistic assholes.

And as a bit of fun for you girls (and guys): If you were suddenly told you are the spiritual leader of humanity, it’s all up to you to ‘save us’, how would you go about it? What would be the first thing you’d do?

I'd quit.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

YES!

lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join