It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women the true spiritual leaders?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Are women the true spiritual leaders? The Urantia Book says they are.

Is it possible that we’ve got it horribly wrong by having men determine the beliefs, structures and ways of our religions and spiritual systems.

Should we instead be looking to women for our spiritual survival. What do you reckon?

And do you think there is a conspiracy at work here? How is it that men have dominated our spiritual and religious lives for so long? What has happened to keep woman's truth so suppressed? And if women were able to express themselves freely - what would that spiritual or religious system look like?

And as a bit of fun for you girls (and guys): If you were suddenly told you are the spiritual leader of humanity, it’s all up to you to ‘save us’, how would you go about it? What would be the first thing you’d do?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

To answer the quote below, probably, though a lot of the women I have met are very bitchy, they hate other women and probably are far from spiritually enlightened, I say that as a woman (spiritually enlightened, non bitchy).

That said, the removal of women as part of the process of law making and the spiritual processes of society, probably has led humanity on an all too macho path, hence all the wars etc.

The balance needs redressed, though damage has been done to humanity after thousands of years of male dominance and female subservience, which was always doomed and anyone with any intelligence and hindsight should have seen that from the start.

I have met very few people with their spiritual compass pointing in the right direction, most are either unaware of or oblivious to the machinations of spirituality, the Universe, the infinite energy etc regardless of being male or female so it doesn't seem dependent on gender.

It's all about lessening the ego when reaching for enlightenment and recognising true source, the greater power, the absolute truth etc.

Women need bitchy removed from the equation.

Men need machismo removed from the equation.

Humanity needs to learn real spirituality and it's place in the Universe.

Is it possible that we’ve got it horribly wrong by having men determine the beliefs, structures and ways of our religions and spiritual systems.

edit on 23-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I argue the true spiritual leaders should be a conglomeration of the wisest philosophers - regardless of sex. There is good and bad to be found in each, so rather than lean in one direction, unify them and make the best of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Short answer: no.

Reasoning: women are essentially crapped on in most "holy" texts - and the men in charge use that to their advantage.

That being said, I believe (and from my research it seems kind of true) that in ancient times women were often viewed as closer to "God". They bear child, for one. Between my wife and I, she knows who is really in charge.
edit on 2014-03-23T19:34:38-05:002014380334kSunAmerica/ChicagobSun, 23 Mar 2014 19:34:38 -0500 by cosmikDebris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To theabsolutetruth

"anyone with any intelligence and hindsight should have seen that from the start" - you mean women! The men sure haven't shown any intelligence.
edit on 23-3-2014 by zuimon because: didn't post correctly

edit on 23-3-2014 by zuimon because: updated

edit on 23-3-2014 by zuimon because: got in a muddle

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

The gnostic texts show that mary actually should have been the leader of the church, but the men wouldn't have it...

She was his closest follower according to these texts...

The role of women in the church has been destroyed by people like Paul... women are secondary to men according to the bible

which is simply not true...

Women are more compassionate then men, more empathetic as well...

And IF woman actually ran the church from its creation I believe we would have a different world then what we have now

Likely a much better one

S&F

edit on 23-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A true spiritual leader isn't (or shouldn't) be a man or a woman but whomever can best guide people to find truth within themselves - or to transcend and reconnect with their highest good. All have the archetypical male and female within so what we think of as "he" should not have to do with sex organs but rather what the "he" is in all of us - protector, providers, etc.. The archetypical of female is just as important but if none of the male is present in such a leader (those qualities) I'm not sure it would work well. All female spiritual leaders I've known exhibit a nice balance of both.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How about we all just be Humans,

Work on that for a bit, maybe perfect it.

You know, before we all splinter off in our own little self involved cliches claiming moral, intellectual, spiritual, superiority over each other.

These type of threads start off wrong, assuming because of who you are, Male, Female, Race, whatever, that the difference makes us better than the other BLANK.

When the truth is, its what we have in common that makes us a greater whole.
edit on 23-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It is not a question of men and woman as individuals it is a question of the feminine energy as opposed to the masculine energy.

The feminine energy is the primal energy that is blocked in this patriarchal world.

On the average the female is more in-tune( by nature) with the kind of energy that the world lacks ( feminine) so in the end it will be the female species that will be the leaders of humankind because of this.

This feminine energy is the fundamental energy of existence since our reality tends towards the peaceful and settled existence of being where the yin or passive is the primal reality of our being.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't think it comes down to gender at all, but rather understanding and especially empathy for other human beings. Those being the foremost things that are needed to be considered a spiritual leader and without a spec of greed being evident in their persona. As we all have seen what greed has done to not only just leaders but some spiritual leaders in the past.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

The 'frontal lobe' 'act now think later' is a known process of the male brain, good for hunting, not so good for steering humanity.

It is known science FACT, here is a generalisation, though there are more detailed scientific studies. Obviously this branch of science really irks misogynists.

www.livescience.com...

Men and women do think differently, at least where the anatomy of the brain is concerned, according to a new study.

The brain is made primarily of two different types of tissue, called gray matter and white matter. This new research reveals that men think more with their gray matter, and women think more with white. Researchers stressed that just because the two sexes think differently, this does not affect intellectual performance.

Psychology professor Richard Haier of the University of California, Irvine led the research along with colleagues from the University of New Mexico. Their findings show that in general, men have nearly 6.5 times the amount of gray matter related to general intelligence compared with women, whereas women have nearly 10 times the amount of white matter related to intelligence compared to men.

hiddentalents.org...

2. "Feminine Intuition" is Real

(a) Men tend to be very narrow focused so they miss other details around them. What they pay attention to is usually what they are good at.
A man who likes cars will walk down the street thinking about the cars parked along the road -- their make, model, history, horsepower, body rust, paint job, dollar value, etc.

(b) Women with their multiple-focus brains will notice and think about many things.

The old man on the steps looks lonely and hungry, and may have lost his job, and his shoes are untied..

The person in front is carrying books so may be going to the library that is a block away

The woman in the car is sitting away from the driver and frowning so they may have had an argument.

A terrier dog is running across the lawn ....and may run out in front of the car with the unhappy couple...who may not notice the dog and run over it...and the dog may belong to the old man... and he will suddenly jump up and trip on his shoelaces...but the light is yellow so it may turn red and stop the cars in time before the dog is run over.
She might suddenly call the dog to get its attention... which makes him stop running, and none of the accidents will happen. No one gives her credit for preventing the accident, but her husband wonders why she is yelling and why she didn't notice the Jaquar XKE in mint condition they just passed. She smiles at him, not in criticism but with understanding of his maleness, and respect for his special knowledge... yet she quietly stops to comb down the patch of wind-blown hair sticking up from his head and wishes he had worn a different shirt that matched the color of her sweater.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Funny we were just talking about this today. You cannot make life without a man nor can a man have a baby.

Both should be a spiritual leaders each complimenting the other, both together...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The balance needs redressed, though damage has been done to humanity after thousands of years of male dominance and female subservience, which was never a good idea and anyone with any intelligence and hindsight should have seen that from the start.

How about neither? Neither sex should be dominant over the other. We are equals. It annoys me when I see people still think this. A good example, some marriges where a husband/wife has to get an OK from their spouse for everything.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not exactly. There is meant to be a balance in all things.

There can only be one leader, and I think men are meant to take that role with women as the wise counselors at their side.

When you read, it seems clear that while men are to lead, women are to play a role beyond simply keeping house. They are to be helpmates and partners. There can only be one leader, but the best leaders always take into account what their partners say in making decisions.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yeah, than the female brain best step up through years of history.

Oh wait, they where there the whole time but male dominated culture kept them down, sure...

WE are all just people, period,

There is JUST ONE Race, Humans, Male, Female, Black and white, what ever the permutation.

You can try and claim no part in history, but its OUR history. NOT the history of males.

Not the history of Women.

It is the history of Humans, and you can't cope out by saying I wasn't in charge.

WE all got here, and WE all continue to apparently spout the same Divisive nonsense that got us here
edit on 23-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by zuimon

The gnostic texts show that mary actually should have been the leader of the church, but the men wouldn't have it...

She was his closest follower according to these texts...

And what if Mary Magdalene was more than just his closest follower - what is she was actually his soulmate, so his equal.

And what if Jesus came to reveal our Heavenly Father, and Mary came to reveal our Heavenly Mother. And what if they were to introduce us to the notion that God is our Heavenly Parents. So if we'd related to our Creator as our Mother and Father, things would have been very different.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You mean... work together?

Nah, that would never make anything better. Too busy trying to subjugate others under any pretense we can conjure up. There is too much to do, too many people to divide.

We simply dont have the time to work together!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

kx12x

The balance needs redressed, though damage has been done to humanity after thousands of years of male dominance and female subservience, which was never a good idea and anyone with any intelligence and hindsight should have seen that from the start.

How about neither? Neither sex should be dominant over the other. We are equals. It annoys me when I see people still think this. A good example, some marriges where a husband/wife has to get an OK from their spouse for everything.

Yes and no. Out marriage works best because only one of us makes most of the decisions, not because there's anything autocratic going on, but because it just naturally happened that way. He makes the final calls for most things, but he always asks my opinion first. I trust him enough that I usually don't have strong feelings one way or the other, but if I do, he values my opinion and takes it into account, and he knows me well enough to know that if I put my foot down, there's a darn good reason for it. Then, we work it out.

But in general, for reasons of finance among other things, it just works better if only one of us is making major moves.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Well said, good post.

There is already a decline in the male population, as well as a weakening of their genetics.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole gay increase and feminising of men is mother natures way of redressing the balance from all the hideous misogyny.

This subject is something that I have lived with since I was born, a mother that favoured the male. The violent, egotistical selfishness of a male sibling was implanted, nurtured, and rewarded. My childhood was like some sort of hell at 'home' because of this. No wonder I threw myself wholeheartedly into education, work and left that 'home' as soon as I could. I was literally told that females were ''lesser, not the decision makers, unimportant etc'' and forced to do housework from an early age while my male sibling didn't do any and was ran after hand and foot and declared ''head of the house'' before even hitting puberty.

Sounds like the dark ages, Victorian era, some traditional Indian households or the 1800's, but no, average white people of European ethnicity growing up in the UK in the 70's and 80's.

So it isn't just the male attitudes than need challenging it is the attitudes of women that have bought into the male hierarchy and subservience of females.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Perhaps you should read the thing I posted again, perhaps you misunderstood it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join