It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard evidence of a Royal plot on the US....if only i had proof.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
slavery was all over the 13 colonies not just the south.

Slavery was mostly in the South and held out there longer when the North and the rest of Europe and the Americas were banning it. Some freedmen descendants may want the South assigned to them as reparations.

Maybe the royals think those freedmen would be well served with a kingdom. Maybe the royals think their own people would be well served by expanding royal power and having coalitions.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

IMHO phoenctian / semitic , my surname can be traced back to to 5-600 AD , I stay extremely close to the old Pictish fort Jane and go a walk there at least once a week .

When my wife and I visited Scotland some years back, we made it a point to try and visit and/or research the Picts.

Fascinating people.

I'm a Scotsman by birth. Both of my paternal grandparents emigrated to the US from Scotland in the late 1920's. They were from a small town called Helensboro outside of Glasgow. I visited there. It was amazing to see the ancient and the modern side by side in so many areas. It's that way in many areas of Scotland we found out.

I'm proud to be a Scotsman!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Maybe the royals think those freedmen would be well served with a kingdom. Maybe the royals think their own people would be well served by expanding royal power and having coalitions.

Enough already!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Were you born in Scotland?

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
I had heard that a few decades ago, a local family in the American South had claimed their daughter was the legitimate heir to the throne of Ireland.

Nevermind .. my question got answered ...

ETA ... and a question ... is Wales a separate country from England?
Or is Wales part of England? I always thought it was part of England
and it was all just called England.

edit on 4/30/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/30/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wales is not part of England. It's part of the UK.

Ie. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I don't know why it confuses me so much ...

So ... Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales are all separate countries.

Is Northern Ireland a separate country? Or is it part of Ireland?

I always thought it was part of Ireland and that it was occupied by England.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"Occupied by England" is a misunderstanding.

A hundred years ago or so, the Liberal Government of the UK came close to negotiating an independent Ireland, but it had to be held up because everybody knew there would be civil war within Ireland if they tried. The problem was that the Protestant population of Ulster in the north desperately and potentially violently WANTED not to be part of a Catholic-dominated Ireland; the campaign slogan was "Ulster will fight and Ulster will be right!", and arms-smuggling exercises made that a real threat. Allowing partition seemed to be the only workable solution.

I'm sure every British government since then has unofficially regarded the Ulster connection as a nuisance, but there was no getting out of it.

So it's hardly fair to call that an "English occupation". Unless we can call Texas "occupied by Washington" because it isn't part of a united Mexico.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

So what is Northern Ireland?
It's own country or part of Ireland or part of England?

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Historically, it is one of the four provinces of the country of Ireland, the other three being Connaught, Leinster, and Munster. But whether it is called a country or not, it is definitely distinct from England, just as Scotland is distinct from England.

What holds them all together is being part of the national state called the United Kingdom.

In effect. this reverses the usage in America, where "state" refers to the local unit, and "country" is more likely to mean the whole national body.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

So ... let's see if I'm getting this right ... Northern Ireland is part of Ireland but they have a separate identity and identify more culturally with England? Something like that?

If they were to send someone to the Olympics ... they'd fly the Irish flag?

Sorry for the questions ... I"m trying to get it ....

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Northern Ireland is country that is part of the UK. It is not occupied by England. Ireland, also known as the Republic of Ireland is a separate country to the south of NI but on the same island. It's not part of the UK.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Just to clarify as nobody has addressed this bit, Wales is its own country, but is a Principality, hence the Welsh flag is not represented on the UK flag. The heir to the British and Commonwealth throne aquires the title of Prince of Wales until they become Monarch.
Scotland, Northern Ireland and England are individual countries and are all represented on the Union Flag, UK flag.
All 4 collectively make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain.
Southern Ireland or Eire is a Republic and borders on to Northern Ireland.
Hope that helps.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The problem comes from the ambiguity of the word "country", which you naturally want to associate with the political entity, but in UK usage really refers to the smaller cultural entities. Or a little bit like referring to Texas and California as "countries".

The confusion comes from the way the United Kingdom was put together, when the previously independent kingdoms were regarded as having become one kingdom, but the original units were still regarded as different countries. It goes back to Jane Austen; one of her characters refers to another who is moving to Ireland as "going into a different kingdom", but then hastily corrects this to "different country" because she has remembered that the two kingdoms have only just been united (1801).

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Simple way to see it is Northern Ireland is British territory and Southern Ireland still belongs to the Irish.

I am not saying i agree with the situation all the same, but its still the colour of the day.

Here is what it's all about really.

en.wikipedia.org... Battle of the Boyne
en.wikipedia.org... Irish Civil War
en.wikipedia.org... TheTroubles

To say its a complicated affair would be to put it mildly.

Now as far as I'm aware sportsmen/women from Northern Ireland would be part of Great Britain's Olympic Team, i could be wrong all the same on that note.

edit on 30-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Playing catch up at the moment, but.....

Hard evidence of a Royal plot on the US....if only i had proof.

Bolding and underlining mine.

How can you have hard evidence of something without any proof?

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
This one too, for that matter;
en.wikipedia.org...
(The Curragh Mutiny)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Solvedit

.....a local family in the American South had claimed their daughter was the legitimate heir to the throne of Ireland.

What 'throne of Ireland'?

Not to mention if they had obtained for Harry the abdication of the Irish and Scottish royal houses to him.

And how would that happen?

Exactly. ireland isnt a monarchy. They havent had an actual king for a couple hundred years. Like, how can you claim something that doesnt exist anymore? Thats like saying you have a claim to the title of Holy Roman Empire.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
"Besides that, Harry happens to be internationally respected and educated for the job..."
1. Is he really?

I didn't say he continues to be as well-liked as just after his marriage. He's not some unknown. It is safe to conclude he has probably received an education befitting a royal.

His family is well-known royalty and they occupy an office which used to be in charge of the South.
edit on 1-5-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I can only guess you're not aware of American sentiment; Harry and Megan are not highly thought of in the US. Harry is thought of as a brow-beaten, low IQ husband married to a gold-digging shrew.

They may like that. The liberals will like one of their own gaining royal status. They probably wouldn't have it any other way.

It may have been as planned as the interracial angle.

Could none of you see how people who want to be assigned equal outcomes might want to have a king or a leader?

While you were busy making up irrelevancies about the UK or Ireland, you forgot the Kings of England used to be in charge of the American colonies. Some Southerners may want a kingdom and may question whether the revolution applied to them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join