It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in advertising: the Russians launched a unique satellite

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

On April 11, the newest heavy launch vehicle Angara-A5 with the Orion upper stage successfully launched from the Vostochny Cosmodrome. It was initially reported that the upper stage would launch some kind of test payload into geostationary orbit. 2 hours after the launch of the rocket, the Roscosmos space corporation published information that the small spacecraft “Gagarinets” was also launched into low Earth orbit. This is what I want to tell you about.

“Angara-A5” launched into space not a small-sized satellite mock-up, but one interesting spacecraft from a Russian private company, which actually challenged Elon Musk and so far manages to get ahead of him.

We are talking about the Skolkovo resident company Avant Space, which created the world's first advertising satellite. The name of the device was given in honor of the 90th anniversary of space pioneer Yuri Gagarin.

“Our spacecraft is part of the test payload of the Angara-A5 rocket. 2013 seconds after launch, our device separates, and then it makes contact over Crimea. This launch from Vostochny is a big event for the whole country and a huge step for us. Everything here is for the first time - the launch pad, the upper stage, the separation system and us,” said Avant Space founder Anton Ossovsky (ampravda.ru).

“Gagarinets” belongs to the spacecraft of the Cubesat 3U format, its mass does not exceed 4 kg. The satellite is equipped with an engine and a laser projection system. Lasers are reported to consume no more than a light bulb, about 150 watts. The device moves in orbit using an engine weighing 1 kg, which over 3 years of operation will consume only 0.2 kg of fuel. After their service life expires, satellites are removed from orbit and burn up in the atmosphere.

“Lasers are completely safe for aviation and do not prevent astronomers from discovering new facets of space,” explained Anton Ossovsky.
He also emphasized that the Gagarinets cubesat is a test satellite and all systems will be tested on it. And it is from this point that the entire constellation of “Constellation” satellites will begin to be built.

Later, “Constellation” will include dozens of similar devices. Each of them will become part of a single symbol. Flying over cities at an altitude of 600-800 km, the satellites will light up and use a laser to project text or an image resembling constellations. According to the creators, after the deployment of the constellation, advertising from space will be visible to residents of multimillion-dollar cities within a few minutes.

“Outdated billboards are harmful to the environment, and LED screens consume 46 times more electricity than the average household and ruin the aesthetics of the urban landscape. We will replace hundreds of thousands of billboards on the planet with one in space. In Tokyo, for example, such advertising can be seen by more than 5 million people per day,” says Anton Ossovsky (habr.com).

A similar project was announced by Elon Musk’s Space X, but so far the Russian private company is ahead of him in this. Probably, launching, in addition to the test load, a real spacecraft is not a spontaneous decision of Roscosmos. It was just not disclosed, because the installation and launch of an aircraft requires certain calculations and preparation.

Now brands have the opportunity to advertise their product from space! The Avant Space company is ready to conclude contracts and by the end of this year offers to place the logo on the first advertising satellite for $1 million. Well, my friends from England will be able to watch their beloved Vladimir Putin in the sky every day, who will convey his sincere greetings to them!)))

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Oh great, now even the natural sky will be blotted out by unskippable ads.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Russia: Off to conquer the new frontier of low earth orbit propaganda.
edit on 17-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Space based propaganda? I guess it was inevitable.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Russia: Off to conquer the new frontier of low earth orbit propaganda.

Well, isn’t it just for the West to engage in its own propaganda? Soon countries such as China, Iran and even North Korea will join this industry. You need to get used to it.))))

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Soon countries such as China, Iran and even North Korea will join this industry.

Exalted company you revel in.
You must be so proud.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Soon countries such as China, Iran and even North Korea will join this industry.

Exalted company you revel in.
You must be so proud.

They are people just like you. Your words reek of racism.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I seem to be missing something here. You have cubesats with frackin lasers on their head. They are in orbit and supposed to use the lasers to project advertising. Now, what exactly are they supposed to project the advertising on?

Can't be the ground as no one could see them without being in space and looking down. Cant be the Moon, too small or dim for anyone to read at that distance. Can't be the clouds as that is too variable and not visible under most conditions.

What exactly is the screen?

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

They are people just like you. Your words reek of racism.

Yours reek of totalitarianism, it must feel great to know your government can post propaganda across the sky...

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

What exactly is the screen?

The screen will be western civil airline windows and cockpits to blind the pilots as Russia attempts at jamming aircraft GPS isn't having that much success.

We all know Mad Vlad likes to take out civillian airlines flying near Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   

No screen needed. In our resorts, any restaurant or club already projects its advertising videos into the sky above the sea.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

No screen needed. In our resorts, any restaurant or club already projects its advertising videos into the sky above the sea.

Putin will be able to create a virtual navy with this tech' as he can't seem to keep his real navy afloat.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Exactly what I was wondering!
...I'd assume advertising ain't the prime reason for Russian's experimenting with laser's in space though, and reckon only a naive prick would assume that!🤣

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

But that is projecting in the other direction. With sitalites, you will be looking into the protector with no screen. Ether not visible or just a blob of light from your prospective looking at it. That blob of light taking up your whole vision and rendering you blind during the flash.

Can you link a video of these projected advertisings?

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Putin's attempt at Star Wars (SDI) maybe?
We all know though that the Russian guy who built it will have been syphoning off money so probably replaced the laser with a disco light he bought at Amazon...

edit on 17-4-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
...I'd assume advertising ain't the prime reason for Russian's experimenting with laser's in space though, and reckon only a naive prick would assume that!🤣

I was thinking it is testing painting targets from space. Cheeper and more accurate guidence systems on the missiles that way.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I don’t have videos or links, but every year I go on vacation to the sea and see this advertisement in the evenings.

I can only assume that space advertising using laser beams is based on a different technology, and not on primitive projection onto a screen.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   

So basically you don't know how ether works and have no examples of your proof of an example.

I have deen several laser shows and they all need a screen of some kind. A movie screen, Stone Mountain, or even smoke. None of these will work with the cudesats.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK

I was thinking it is testing painting targets from space. Cheeper and more accurate guidence systems on the missiles that way.
That would make much more sense than writing words and shapes in the sky.
Sky writing is cheap from land based lasers, you make an easy profit from adverts...but from satellites, pmsl, the costs involved, they ain't being launched solely for sky writing!🤪🤣

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You want to know a technology that is a secret. This is, to put it mildly, naive.)))

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join