It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afterlife, unknown, so prepare, or just go into the unknown (bad)!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think, something wants our souls in the after lie-f. By trickery. Using Earth as a grounds to get us putting the aims on something else that isn't these entities. So we go into the after life out of some false relief, rendering us potentially weak to the real danger. People who work their whole life really don't want to think the after life means a time for action, they want rest. Before work and society, we were foragers and just settled, worried about weather, and predators, when the weather and predators were countered, man himself became a cruel beast, enslaving others, threatening others, blinding others with religion, climate change to kill tribes and left over forage and settlers. The new distraction that is, is man himself.

-----------------------------------------------------

A challenge to people, if the unknown is in the after life, and your consciousness came from seemingly nothing also (like the universe), why don't you question what may lay ahead? In the darkness of the marina trench deep in the sea, a fish seeing a glimmer of light, just sees a glimmer of light, going to it, he's dead - by the anglerfish that is, whose light is a little bioluminescent light. Taking the time, to quiz this light, and feel uncomfortable by it, swim away, would save the other fish's life.

I think, that they want people dumb by concepts, "go to the light", "go to your family in the afterlife" (who may that really be!?), "there's nothing there, just darkness" (go into an unknown darkness?), an assumption you fade away, fade into what?
-------------------------------------------------
Basic quizzing of the place we're in.

Your consciousness just so happens to be here, with seemingly 13 billion years before you with a universe whose origins are actually unknown, something must surely always come from something, a question that can go to infinite, is the universe infinite? That makes no sense. It's well beyond science. Before your consciousness here, you weren't conscious, yet now you are... so in death, seemingly nothing... well, that's the same state as before you was born. So I think this challenge is important.

For me, we screwed up to arrive here. I questioned the way things are from the start of my memory of 3 years old. My first memories are of this world being dark, with a few Chesire cats thrown in, to keep it smiley.

What motivates people the most, is earning material goods, to impress, to get to have sex. A motivator, which consequences mean more potential victims. If not sex, rampant consumerism which has results of putting pressure on living organisms including humans.

-----------------

They would also want people to feel little worth for themselves, making that place of self-hatred a great feeling to pursue as a way to feel on top of a situation which they find themselves crushed into, which eventually grows into a dark ball of not caring for your soul in the after life.

edit on 13-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: Last paragraph added.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JonnyC555

I have to compliment you on the OP, and many of what you've written I have given a lot of thought to. Especially the nature of consciousness and that something can't come from nothing, and thus consciousness exists outside of the brain, or deeply embedded in every molecule.

Also the idea that the moments after death are crucial, and that one ought to prepare for it and have his/her wits about him. I think we can prepare for death by making the correct choices here (especially those hard ones and when no one is watching).

Thanks again for a thought-provoking and important post!

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The world is a dark place , due in large part , to the evil corrup self-serving 1% 'elites' .
IMO they are in a place where they control/alter the weather, control/alter the stockmarket, world events, wars , relgions etc.
All of it is BS and theater. A curtain held up to keep us 'contained' and in the dark about everything.
They know a lot more than we will ever be allowed to know, they know that as soon as we'd know what they know they'd lose most , if not all , of their power.

IMO there are a lot of clues in our distant past. The Ark of the Covenant for instance. Tesla knew the same things and he was murdered , by our government off course as always, for it.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonnyC555

A challenge to people, if the unknown is in the after life, and your consciousness came from seemingly nothing also (like the universe), why don't you question what may lay ahead? In the darkness of the marina trench deep in the sea, a fish seeing a glimmer of light, just sees a glimmer of light, going to it, he's dead - by the anglerfish that is, whose light is a little bioluminescent light. Taking the time, to quiz this light, and feel uncomfortable by it, swim away, would save the other fish's life.

Why should there be an afterlife at all? Does a fly when you kill it go to the afterlife, or does a tomato after it is eaten? All of a sudden humans think they are a special form of life unlike all the other life out there. Some kind of afterlife is based on faith only and is about as real as our imagination can make it.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
The world is a dark place , due in large part , to the evil corrup self-serving 1% 'elites' .

It's not the 1% "elite" to be concerned about.

It's more like the 50% of everuday folks and they hide behind dualistic personalities.

People are selfish by nature and lie a lot habitually. Usually to themselves first to delude themselves into a position where they don't employ a conscience, have any morals and do everything they can to feel special at any cost.

And I believe that the only thing after death is a dissipation of energy and resources. Nothing beyond the "self" of any benefit to the one dying, except perhaps a moment of relief.

Nikola Tesla knew he would dissapear but be immortal. He and his work will never be forgotten as long as the human race prevails.

pfft! what do I care?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Why should there be an afterlife at all? Does a fly when you kill it go to the afterlife, or does a tomato after it is eaten? All of a sudden humans think they are a special form of life unlike all the other life out there. Some kind of afterlife is based on faith only and is about as real as our imagination can make it.

To think that consciousness springs from nowhere, then goes back to nowhere - is a very nihilistic way of thinking.

Why do you believe your life is so meaningless?

How does consciousness come out of nothing?

What’s the point of it all then?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

to the evil corrup self-serving 1% 'elites' .

just guessing i'd say the evil self srving 55% ain't helping much. especially with the with the 30 and under self absorbed look at me that is prevalent now days.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I think you're in the right church, but you're in the wrong pew.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Our thinking mind and all its beliefs is made of dust. When our body expires, that thinking mind and all its beliefs return to dust. That's why some religions warn if you identify with the dust. You will burn as that dust burns.

The label of soul is our non-thinking consciousnesses. The watcher that witnesses all things. It has a subtle consciousness in itself but no-where as gross as our thinking mind. That non-thinking consciousness is the unmanifested that creates our dust bodies to experience all things in life. When one dream ends that non-thinking consciousness will create a new dream to experience life again.

You sir are they.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   
These are the important questions to be asking.

Thought-provoking thread topic. I echo what Zos said and have pondered these things as well.

Also have read all about the concept of “go to the light” is a trick by some group of entities that thrive/are nourished from earthy suffering and going to the light is what makes you stay trapped on this plane again and again to continue feeding “them” (whoever they are).

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   

i recently had to have a small operation on my uper back, work hazards.

they didnt use any IV's as at the time they said they couldnt get a line in me and it wasnt really needed as they could do an IO if things went down hill

He gave me a gas called Servopfane here is a link

i remember as i went out i had some light music on in the back ground, and remember NO drugs other than numbing at the injury site, a thought/feeling came over me that made me laugh outload and it was a true belly laugh at how ridiculous 'life' is on a very fundamental level, and right as i was going the only word with that previous feeling/thought was anhelation

where did "I" go when i was out? i needed a breathing tube and all that, so i was gone.

always made me wonder

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
These are the important questions to be asking.

Thought-provoking thread topic. I echo what Zos said and have pondered these things as well.

Also have read all about the concept of “go to the light” is a trick by some group of entities that thrive/are nourished from earthy suffering and going to the light is what makes you stay trapped on this plane again and again to continue feeding “them” (whoever they are).

Yes, the ‘Loosh Farm’.

I’m on the fence as the idea holds an incredible amount of weight.

However, the thought of it is so insanely depressing, that I simply can’t accept it.

I’ll be ready when I see the light. The fear is limbo land otherwise.

It appears, we might be screwed in the physical body - and the spirit….

micros of MACROS………..

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
To think that consciousness springs from nowhere, then goes back to nowhere - is a very nihilistic way of thinking.

Consciousness is pretty damn finicky. A small change in your chemicals and BAM! your reality is something else or nothing. What is the meaning of life to a shark in the ocean? Humans long for meaning...lol geez

There are over 7 billion people with meaningless lives. They live and die all the time with no meaning. Once again, even a bug has a level of consciousness, reality, and awareness, so does a bug have a meaning?

I just say enjoy your life, or not, but no matter what it ends.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

However, the thought of it is so insanely depressing, that I simply can’t accept it.

I’ll be ready when I see the light. The fear is limbo land otherwise.

It appears, we might be screwed in the physical body - and the spirit….

micros of MACROS………..

Do you fear nothing? Like having surgery nothingness, just you never wake up?

I think people should fear something... Most of it doesn't sound good anyways, so be careful because forever is a long time and what starts out as heaven can easily turn into a hell that never ends.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Last time I checked, a fly and a tomato were not sentient and self-aware.
Humans are special and unlike all other life.
But there is a certain form of life that would like for you to think that you’re not.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Consciousness is pretty damn finicky. A small change in your chemicals and BAM! your reality is something else or nothing. What is the meaning of life to a shark in the ocean? Humans long for meaning...lol geez

There are over 7 billion people with meaningless lives. They live and die all the time with no meaning. Once again, even a bug has a level of consciousness, reality, and awareness, so does a bug have a meaning?

I just say enjoy your life, or not, but no matter what it ends.

Consciousness is progressive, in my opinion. Meaning, we grow through time and experiences.

You mention sharks and bugs as if they’re meaningless. Wouldn’t there be a starting point for consciousness? Where does it begin? It would make sense with bugs, as you mentioned.

I understand why you believe 7+ billion have meaningless lives. I believe the same. However, does that make our opinion correct? I don’t believe so. It’s just our old fashioned opinions - when we are living in a hedonistic world…

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

prepare, or just go into the unknown

Do both. You're doing that anyhow.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lapidoth

But there is a certain form of life that would like for you to think that you’re not.

All life has a level of awareness, do you think ours is at the top of that pyramid? Where is that magical cutoff? There could be others with sentient levels that make us look like bugs in comparison. Plus, other animals are self-aware.

What else have you got in that magic human mojo?

What other lifeforms care about us, little humans?
edit on x30Sat, 13 Apr 2024 22:02:20 -05002024103America/ChicagoSat, 13 Apr 2024 22:02:20 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I understand why you believe 7+ billion have meaningless lives. I believe the same. However, does that make our opinion correct? I don’t believe so. It’s just our old fashioned opinions - when we are living in a hedonistic world…

We have localized meaning, not universal or cosmic meaning. It is all a part of evolution and chemicals...

Consciousness is progressive, in my opinion. Meaning, we grow through time and experiences.

But it ends unless you are suggesting we continue.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lapidoth

All life has a level of awareness, do you think ours is at the top of that pyramid? Where is that magical cutoff? There could be others with sentient levels that make us look like bugs in comparison. Plus, other animals are self-aware.

What else have you got in that magic human mojo?

What other lifeforms care about us, little humans?

Mmm, pretty sure a fly isn’t aware that it’s a fly.

And I’ve got a lot of cows. And they’re all pretty dumb. No soul looking back at you when you look into their big brown dumb eyes.

Instinct does not equal awareness. Might wanna write that down.

What sets us apart? Complex language and complex reasoning. Our ability for introspection. Agriculture, writing, ability to understand symbolism, and write poetry and find meaning in it.

Never seen that from a tomato. But of course, I’ve never asked one either.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join