It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Encounters With The Black Eyed Kids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli
Have you heard of the Anthropocentric Principle? We are at the center of the universe and at the center of the cosmic attention... How ridiculous!

So you take an atheist position on this?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Have you heard of the Anthropocentric Principle? We are at the center of the universe and at the center of the cosmic attention... How ridiculous!

So you take an atheist position on this?

Why is an atheist position?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

We are not at the center of the universe ... physically, spiritually, or in any other way. And the universe wasn't made specially for us by an intelligent Creator/Designer ... call the Creator/Designer God or whatever you like.

You called the Anthropocentric Principle ridiculous. Therefore you must not believe in an intelligent Creator/Designer. Atheist.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

We are not at the center of the universe ... physically, spiritually, or in any other way. And the universe wasn't made specially for us by an intelligent Creator/Designer ... call the Creator/Designer God or whatever you like.

You called the Anthropocentric Principle ridiculous. Therefore you must not believe in an intelligent Creator/Designer. Atheist.

Religions say we are, Christianity for example.

We know we are not because if you consider at least a trillion trillion planets in the observable universe it's ridiculous to say we are at the center having a special relationship with God.

You can still believe in some God and don't think we are the center of the universe and center of attention.
edit on 23-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You can still believe in some God and don't think we are the center of the universe and center of attention.

Do you?

it's ridiculous to say we are at the center having a special relationship with God

Why?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Do you?

I know you were not asking me but I believe in a creator, but I don't think they are a god. Bit of a curve ball I guess but it is a third option.

Why?

The vastness. You don't create an ocean just to focus all your attention on the 10 gallon fish tank you put on the beach.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
You don't create an ocean just to focus all your attention on the 10 gallon fish tank you put on the beach.

Who knows the mind of God?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Nobody, nobody even really knows if they exist but, I think the point was, even if they do exist they might have children all over the universe and then it becomes similar to asking a parent with many children which one they love more.

Most of the time the answer is "I love them all the same". That means none of them is the center of their attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Do you?

it's ridiculous to say we are at the center having a special relationship with God

Why?

I think so.

You re asking why it's ridiculous to say we are at the center of the universe.

I ve answered it earlier.
Consider what we know at the moment about the
Universe and the number of planets in it. Some estimations place this number to 10^25 or even higher, that's ten trillion trillion planets.

We don't have a special position and it goes against the religious philosophy and claims made only a few centuries ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Open carry. Shoot to kill.

What does this mean?

I live in an open carry state. I have a gun. Shoot to kill if they enter your house or pose a threat.

Legend of the Black eyed kids by the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew isn’t exactly heart pounding.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Nobody, nobody even really knows if they exist but, I think the point was, even if they do exist they might have children all over the universe and then it becomes similar to asking a parent with many children which one they love more.

Most of the time the answer is "I love them all the same". That means none of them is the center of their attention.

This is what I think. I dont believe in religion, or in anyones god, but that doesnt mean I dont think higher beings exist, or the universe doesnt have a creator. I think its most likely if some being or beings made the universe, they also made many living, thinking beings in it. I think humans are just one of billions of life forms in the galaxy, and we are not better or more special than any other beings. It doesnt mean we are completely insignifigant, just that the universe doesnt revolve around us, and is more spiritually and metaphysically evolved than we realize.

I remember reading an article from a guy who thinks the entire universe itself is a giant living being.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:48 AM
link   

No. Why is it ridiculous to say that we are at the center of a Creators universe, as in 'the center of His interests' being what I mean? If we are created by an intelligent being, why wouldn't that Creator take a massive interest in us?
edit on 4/24/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   

No. Why is it ridiculous to say that we are at the center of a Creators universe, as in 'the center of His interests' being what I mean? If we are created by an intelligent being, why wouldn't that Creator take a massive interest in us?

Someone could argue the creator doesn't have only one child but many and this by definition means we are not the center of the universe and the center of attention.

I see you changed your statement from the center of the universe to the center of a creator's universe. The point is the same no matter how you phrase it.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Why would a creator put us at the center, though? Or have a lot of interest when there are billions of other creatures in the galaxy that are also intelligent and more interesting? Maybe they have better music and food, and arent assholes killing each other every year over something stupid. I dont think humans are that impressive or interesting. I remember someone told me that humans are just violent monkeys with beer and daddy issues. I thought it was funny, but its also kind of true. There are probably way more interesting beings to spend my time communicating with.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat

Why would a creator put us at the center, though? Or have a lot of interest when there are billions of other creatures in the galaxy that are also intelligent and more interesting? Maybe they have better music and food, and arent assholes killing each other every year over something stupid. I dont think humans are that impressive or interesting. I remember someone told me that humans are just violent monkeys with beer and daddy issues. I thought it was funny, but its also kind of true. There are probably way more interesting beings to spend my time communicating with.

It's more of a circular argument used by believers in the three main Abrahamic religions. It comes as a result of the understanding of the Theology of Christianity, Islam, Judaism. They are all based on the old testament and according to it according to how all these religions evolved we are special!

Special can mean there are no others and it's likely to find members of the clergy who don't accept alien life could exist because it doesn't say it in the Bible or the Quran and so on.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Why would a creator put us at the center, though? Or have a lot of interest when there are billions of other creatures in the galaxy that are also intelligent and more interesting?

Wouldn't a creator find all of his/her/it's creation to be interesting? Wouldn't a creator put his/her/it's creation at the center of his/her/it's attention? I would think so. Why make something and then just walk away?

I dont think humans are that impressive or interesting..

Cuz' you didn't make us. A Creator would find his/her/it's creation to be interesting.
edit on 4/25/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Why would a creator put us at the center, though? Or have a lot of interest when there are billions of other creatures in the galaxy that are also intelligent and more interesting?

Wouldn't a creator find all of his/her/it's creation to be interesting? Wouldn't a creator put his/her/it's creation at the center of his/her/it's attention? I would think so. Why make something and then just walk away?

I dont think humans are that impressive or interesting..

Cuz' you didn't make us. A Creator would find his/her/it's creation to be interesting.

Circular arguments.
First you need to show us any signs of this creator.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

Thats usually what it is. Some religious people would lose their minds at the idea that people arent the center of the universe. I remember some UFO researches said that was a big reason the government keeps the existence of aliens a secret, because alot of people would lose their minds if they werent the center of the universe, and there would be mayhem in the streets. I think they are probably right. But maybe then the religious whacks that want to start wars and convert everyone might chill out might chill out with the violence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join