It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - It Happened to Me!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
and never seen the blue Tony nose at all to my knowledge.

It's blue now. But I remember it being black.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Jif is peanut butter
Skippy is peanut butter
Jiffy Pop is popcorn.
I think the Jiffy peanut butter ME is a misremembered mishmash of Skippy and Jiffy Pop.

But that's the only one I can explain away to myself. The others are a mystery. Especially Dolly's braces and the FOTL conrucopia.

edit on CDT13am2024-04-13T06:41:41-05:00k by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I suffer from a lot of the mandela effects that I can't wrap my head around.

The one I haven't heard yet in this thread and it's related to Star Wars, C3PO did not have a silver shin. Now this could be from all of the remastering that was done on the series but I do not remember that. C3PO was solid gold (color).

The one Mandela effect I did figure out was The Black Eyed Peas song, "let's get it started." I remember the lyric being, and don't get offended, "let's get retarded." As in, let's let our freak colors fly, nothing about mental capacity, it was slang that was used frequently in the past.

It was from the movie Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

I think some of the Mandela effect memories were actually real but so obscure nobody can place them.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Jif I think was popcorn with the foil ?

That was ( maybe still is) Jiffy Pop

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to: notamodrockerormocker

I remember Mandela dying in prison. I remember a view from a helicopter flying over the prison on the news, showing where they kept him. Its must've been in the 90's maybe late 80's.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

I remember her having braces. So weird.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MauiWaui

Let's get retarded was the dirty version, right?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Anyone know where SputnkSteve is at?

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInvisibleRedneck
a reply to: MauiWaui

Let's get retarded was the dirty version, right?

I'm not sure, I remember it back in the day and I could never find it again. The only reason I found it last night in that movie is because the airport delays yesterday sucked. I looped into the United airlines hopper of movies and I watched it again while on a transfer flight and was like, hey... there it is!

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

Thank you I had to go look after that.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
C3PO solid brass or gold the whole body had that color.

originally posted by: MauiWaui
I suffer from a lot of the mandela effects that I can't wrap my head around.

The one I haven't heard yet in this thread and it's related to Star Wars, C3PO did not have a silver shin. Now this could be from all of the remastering that was done on the series but I do not remember that. C3PO was solid gold (color).

The one Mandela effect I did figure out was The Black Eyed Peas song, "let's get it started." I remember the lyric being, and don't get offended, "let's get retarded." As in, let's let our freak colors fly, nothing about mental capacity, it was slang that was used frequently in the past.

It was from the movie Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

I think some of the Mandela effect memories were actually real but so obscure nobody can place them.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yeah, most of them I can just say "hey, maybe I just wasnt really paying attention."

Mandela's death, though. . . I'm confident I saw reports about it a long time before he actually died.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I like many of the reasonable explanations in these posts. I am also enjoying those MEs I haven't heard of yet.

If even a few of these Mandela Effects are real, I think that it is a sign of something else that is causing it similar to a symptom. Logic and rational thinking would have you believe that this is some kind of human memory effect. This assumption is comforting and allows you to dismiss any deviation of the recorded events from what you remember, a useful tool for a massive psyop. They create the effect in small obscure ways from pop culture, slowly at first, testing how far they can run it. After that, it's on to molding major history on a worldwide scale.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, this is an ATS site thread:

Maybe Mandella did die way sooner than they say officially and the psyop is to put in a replacement for a puppet that does someone's evil bidding and they have to whitewash out the memory every way possible so they can keep 99% of us off the scent.

originally posted by: TheInvisibleRedneck

Yeah, most of them I can just say "hey, maybe I just wasnt really paying attention."

Mandela's death, though. . . I'm confident I saw reports about it a long time before he actually died.

edit on 13000000033020244America/Chicago04am4 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Fruit of the Loom ABSOLUTELY had a cornucopia in it's logo

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I almost feel that definately might've been changed to definitely, and that dilemma used to be dilemna.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I absolutely believe that could be the real truth, 😂

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My buddy is coming back early. We're gonna drive by there later today and see if we can figure it out.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The mamas and papas California dreaming was always Began to pray not pretend to pray

What?!?

It is "began to pray", isn't it?

Or maybe that's one of those "misheard lyrics" that one comic made a whole career on.

No - screw that. It *is* "began to pray".

Anyone who says otherwise is nuts or needs a hearing test.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

The did make 2 versions from what I remember hearing and reading when we talked about it here 12 ? Years ago when it was noticed and YouTube had both up , But since the song was first released I remember it from the late 60s on the radio and for 50 years it was always BEGAN TO PRAY .

If the American public had heard PRETEND TO PRAY back in the day they would have reacted like they did with the Beatles when Lennon said they were bigger than Jesus.

Now the only version available on YouTube is Pretend to pray and I am 110% positive Dolly had braces

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Both songs had a door as I recall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join