It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - It Happened to Me!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anyone ever experienced the Mandela effect? Not where you think you may remember something differently, but where you're certain something has drastically changed from how it really was?

I grew up in this area. I would visit my best friend's house after school and on the weekends starting around 1991-2. We used to go across the street from his house to an empty lot on the corner and play football or just ride bicycles & dirt bikes or just goof off. We'd always go to this specific lot because it was the only flat area around. We'd always play a neighborhood game of football there when it snowed or basically every other day in the summer.

There is no doubt it was this lot. We used to try to drive remote control cars through the creek tile running under the road at the corner of the lot. We blew up fireworks on the 4th of July on this lot.

I've driven down this road my entire life, since I was 16. I drove down this road everyday for about 10 years on my way to and from work.

I drove down this road and noticed something the other day. The corner lot has a big house on it. I did a double take, because I thought they must've built it fast in just 2-3 weeks, since I hadn't been on the road in a couple weeks.

The house looked old. The cement walkway was dirty from what looked like years of use. The asphalt driveway was dull and grey looking like it had been there a long time. The bricks looked dirty, like mud splashing up on them from rainstorms.

There is a huge barn right behind it that has always been there and a field next to it filled with cows and horses.

I looked at the property assesor website and the house has been there since 1988 👀

I cant explain it. Weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. I just can't explain it, I may need to go check myself in on a 51/50, 😂. No way I can be that wrong on decades worth of memories. Waiting on my buddy to call me back. I'm probably gonna sound like a coo-coo.

Anyone else have something from your past changed so blatantly and you can't explain it?
edit on 11-4-2024 by TheInvisibleRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I've had a few things. The Nelson Mandela dying thing. Some big name televangelist has died a few times (Can't remember his name). Other things like that. My husband has had a few things along the same vein. I think it probably happens to a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInvisibleRedneck

Interesting.

Just the Berenstein Bears for me. I had all the books when I was a kid in the 80’s. Never was a freaking stain.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I've had a few things. The Nelson Mandela dying thing. Some big name televangelist has died a few times (Can't remember his name). Other things like that. My husband has had a few things along the same vein. I think it probably happens to a lot of people.

Billy Graham is the guy , I made a comment to a room full of Christian people as we watched his funeral on television in the very early 80s and they took it the wrong way so that is imprinted in my mind .

The mamas and papas California dreaming was always Began to pray not pretend to pray and when my memory was super sharp I could tell you from hundreds of books in my library what exact words were on each page , this was my party trick , I stunned a librarian one day when I returned a stack of books and she was stunned when I said to her open any book and start reading any page and I will finish the chapter from memory.

I have seen the words change in a 1st edition macmillen Velikovsky world's in collision book a few days after I have re-read it , that totally blew my mind

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Even Elon Musk says ~

“There is zero chance we are in base reality”.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

We most definitely have experienced something in the past.

Have you checked Google earth to see if the house was built in the last 15 yrs or so?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Mandela was one fore me too. I've never had one gappen to me personally like this though.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Same. Betenstein Bears. . . I can't be 100% sure I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I checked the property assesor. It is publicly recorded as being built in 1988. Tonight I'll ask my friend who lives across the street.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe our reality has always been changing, and we're just noticing it now because we're plugged in to everything.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Does not being able to remember his name give credibility to Mandela or poor memory ?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2
Does not being able to remember his name give credibility to Mandela or poor memory ?

What are you talking about?
I just couldn't remember the name while typing.
It's Billy Graham.
Not remembering his name at this time had nothing to do with anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Even Elon Musk says ~

“There is zero chance we are in base reality”.

Yeah ... I think that would make a good discussion thread.
What are the chances we are in base reality.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

Your avatar picture CCOBURN gives me the creeps , I stay not far away from where he once lived and just like the rumours of Hitler being the grandson of a Rothchild as his grandmother was a worker at their house , the Picture of Crowley is a double of a man who I grew up near and was friends with his children when I was a young boy .

He always gave me the creeps as a kid for his serious stare and his kids were warped ! I mentioned his likeness to my mother was friendly with their mother and she later told me his mother had been a cleaner at Crowleys Boleskine house and the ages match as the father was a lot older than my then friends mother

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Watch this kid!!!

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If your faulty memory identifies as the Mandella Effect I'm happy you've found your safe space here!

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker
If your faulty memory identifies as the Mandella Effect I'm happy you've found your safe space here!

[/quote

Dolly had braces club here

Mirror mirror on the wall club .

Luke I am your father club

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

i suggesting not being able to remember something is exactly what the mandela effect is, thought that was pretty obvious

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Interesting.

Just the Berenstein Bears for me. I had all the books when I was a kid in the 80’s. Never was a freaking stain.

I have to say I remember Stein but damned if mine don't say Stain too..... hmmm? My wife said she was a Berenstein Bear fan and doesn't remember it any other way.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I'm posting to keep track. I want to know what your friend says about the empty lot.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join