It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation La"Z"y

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

lol riiiiight: cheap = quality lol

priorities are no longer: run your social program, but make the best out of your life. Time is the only truely precious commodity

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'd be lazy too if I made a nickel a year. Good on them for taking physical actions instead of solely complaining.
edit on 31/10/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Is this not the Rant forum, why would I not use the first person to talk freely?

I have not adapted to anything, I grew up the same way they did and went with the flow of the world.

Nobody is forcing them to work, if they want to be lazy bums that live their lives in their mom and dads basement that is fine by me. But don't complain that you have nothing because you refuse to work for it.

I refuse to feel sorry for those that want to be the victim of a "system" that won't give them hand outs anytime they ask.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Stores don't care about quality, and if they did they would use made in America products.

As I have said, they are 10000% free to do as they please. If they want to be lazy bums that live their lives in their mom and dads basement that is fine by me. But don't complain that you have nothing because you refuse to work for it.

Either put in the work, have the money to live a comfortable life or be broke and have nothing.

Their choice

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

If you only make a nickel a year, you should really talk to your boss about a raise

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I did. He fired me for being too demanding, and hired someone else, then they quit because he refused to pay them more too. Now he complains to other people over the age of 50 that "Everyone's lazy and no one wants to work", and they believe him because they assume entry level is the same as it used to be.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Find a better job?

Don't know what to tell you bud

If you are only doing a "nickel a day job" only expect to be paid a nickel

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So, keeping it simple, you have no problem with them doing or not doing but only have an issue with them because they are complaining. So you are complaining about people complaining.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Better jobs often require experience. Gen Z has a lot of youth having to take entry level jobs to build work history.
Those jobs don't pay anything.
That generation's actions are largely a peaceful protest against refusal to increase wages so they can advance.
They're not total morons, and the corporate overlords aren't your friend either.
Sometimes a hero lives long enough to become the villain.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

or: have a great time enjoying your life instead of working for the increase of the wealth of a few stock holders

it's all about perspective, ain't it?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I have a problem with people complaining about things they can control but choose not to.

Having an opinion is not complaining.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

We all started at entry level jobs, that's why they are called entry level.....Those jobs are not meant to sustain you forever.

That may be there goal, but what they don't realize is that as soon as they raise wages, COL will also increase. Therefore making that wage increase absolutely useless.

If you don't like the pay of an entry level job, go to technical school and you can get a job making 70k right out of a 2 year degree with minimal debt. Ask me how I know

Take an apprenticeship and make 100K+ a year after a few years with no school debt.

The higher paying jobs are there, they just refuse to put in the work to make the money they want.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hard to enjoy a life without the money to do so.....but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yeah honestly the point about them never being able to own a home anyway is so very poignant.
The smarter Gen Xers who had punk sensibilities saw this coming,
and I'm genuinely surprised the plot for Fight Club hasn't become real yet.

The USA that the older generation lives in in their heads officially died, and rather than revive it,
they blame the youth, like the Hippies' parents blamed them.

Funny, considering Hippies were all about sticking it to the Man,
now when they're needed the most, they're overtly defending the Man.
Posers.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That's a lot of words to say "Screw them. IDC if people get paid slave wages."
These people are still pretty young and trying to get started out. Why is that so hard to understand?
Honestly I'm done debating people on this issue.
If anyone still insists on being against raising the minimum wage and holding the system accountable for stiffing workers,
then they're a bad person. Full stop.

I've wasted too much energy trying to show people the light who are clearly just selfish sociopaths.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard

I did. He fired me for being too demanding, and hired someone else, then they quit because he refused to pay them more too. Now he complains to other people over the age of 50 that "Everyone's lazy and no one wants to work", and they believe him because they assume entry level is the same as it used to be.

If you did my job better than me, you'd be paid more than a nickel and I'd be fired.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

exactly. If you do everything as you get conditioned to from Kindergarten onward you'll always be 'chasing the dragon', different than the Hippies did.

All it does is make you end up burned out and just as broke as if you'd never been a 'good gear in the machine'.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Brotherman, I usually end up doing everyone's job everywhere I work because they pick up on me being nice and wanting to be able to go home on time, and despite being hollowly praised by bosses, I've only ever got 2, very small raises my whole life.

It's happy shiny rhetoric to hide behind, and it sounds nice, but doesn't align with how corporations actually tend to function.

ADDENDUM: I've also had a company ask me to be lower management, but when I asked about the pay, the salary was equal to the per hour rate they were already paying me.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It took me years to learn how to play the game.

lol

I hope that one day you are very rich and successful.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oh it's only about the ones complaining... I get it, nothing to complain so we complain about those complaining, yeah makes sense...

I'm totaly with you, all those whiny old #s that are so cosy in their world that was build on the premise "after me, the deluge" are an annoyance. Especially when they complain about the young generation that has to deal with all the fall out their #ty lifestyle caused...

Man being old is cool, I'll find something new to complain everyday, and I'm always right about it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join