It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect: Heating Up for 2022 Edition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I remember when the flag of Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing had no star and was located off the northeast coast of Australia near the microscopic nation of Papua John's New Guinea.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pepperidge Farm remembers

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

>The car Kennedy was shot in only had two rows of seats; and in the front passenger seat was (hazy on this ...) the Governor of TX who got shot in the hand

Discuss

The car Kennedy was shot in did only have 2 rows of actual seats. Connely and his wife were seated in flip down "jump seats" between the front and back seats.

Kennedy Assassination

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'll stick with my standby markers; the missing Fruit of the Loom cornucopia, Moonraker character's now missing braces and the previous correct spelling of dilemma with an N, dilemna.

As much as I rationalize that brains are fuzzy, corner cutting, easily fooled devices, I cannot reconcile those previous constructs with this reality and more to the point, neither can others.

Either someone has manipulated memory or reality via technology, or "magic" or it's a natural state of flux in the universe... but it's a valid phenomena in some cases.

I used to default to mass memory manipulation via technology being implemented, which is ... concerning. I'm less sure that that must be the cause.

Kennedy's car and the 'new' star on the flag of the old USSR bug me, too, but they aren't primary memories I have that are linked to others like my big three.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Don't remember much about the Soviet flag at all.

New Zealand and the Kennedy car changed for me as well!

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Jesus is coming.

Revelation states things would start to get strange as the time approaches. I could see the Mandela effect being a part of the Apocalypse if memories get faulty and events that actually happened get changed after the fact.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One I recently became aware of that blew my mind, is the location of the kidneys. To me they are low down in the back near the sides. Apparently they are more up nearer the ribs, some images from your favorite browser actually show them IN the rib cage and much larger than I always thought they were. www.livescience.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette
All of this I've experienced in only the last few months.
The Kennedy one is really freaking me out; the Soviet flag thing I just read about this morning and that too.

Discuss

Stop reading stuff, and watching vids, that freak you out.

For all we know : The Mandellla-Effect™ may be a psyop.

Personally have been on-to them, since they changed the logo of Ferrari™ from the famous dancing squirrel, to some kind of prancing-pony ????

That Mandellla bastard can't fool me !!

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

The one that has bothered me is "froot loops". I cannot recall having seen it spelled "froot" in the old days. Did someone jack the timeline with too-clever-by-half technology?

Isn't that just different brands. I haven't checked, so I might just be wrong in the same way you are, but I'm thinking that 'Fruit Loops' are the original name brand, and 'Froot Loops' are probably a cheaper generic brand.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

The one that has bothered me is "froot loops". I cannot recall having seen it spelled "froot" in the old days. Did someone jack the timeline with too-clever-by-half technology?

I'm thinking that 'Fruit Loops' are the original name brand, and 'Froot Loops' are probably a cheaper generic brand.

One way to find out for sure... Follow your nose. It always knows.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

According to vexillologists...

Soviet flag with hammer, sickle and star was not created in 1918! It was adopted in 1923. The star on the flag was red with yellow border (not plain red). Only the coat of arms and some military colours were with hammer and sickle in 1918. Hammer and sickle existed in soviet symbolism since 1917.
Flags of the World

The red star with hammer and sickle was introduced in 1922 and two types of it were initially made for the Red Army. The “rounded” star which is still in use nowadays was adopted on 3 April, 1922, but another pattern with straight points (“sharp”) was also adopted on 11 July of the same year. The latter star slowly went into disuse.
Hammer and sickle details

How The Mandela Effect Has Been Brainwashing Everyone

List of sources a mile long under the video description.

German researchers create, then erase, false memories in people’s minds

A team of researchers in Germany has completed successful experiments in which they showcased how false memories can easily be planted and, more importantly, erased, with potentially serious implications for the justice system.

They wanted to both confirm that it is possible to implant (or incept, if you will) false memories in the mind of a subject using certain psychological techniques and tricks that rely heavily on the power of suggestion through repetition, while also discovering to what extent these memories can be erased.

In this latest experiment, the researchers created fictional, but plausible, stories from 52 participants’ childhoods and blended them with events that actually took place.

The researchers then reinforced these false memories in the minds of the participants by asking the volunteers’ parents to play along and claim things happened exactly as described, including the additional, fictional elements.

All of this implies the ability to erase 'real' memories using all of the same techniques. Those techniques coupled with mass media and neuro-linguistic programming. Mandela Effect?
Attach new meanings to old terms and attach new memories to old paths. Ministry of truth has been in control of our memories for centuries.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
The one that made me go hmmm was the Stouffers stove top stuffing.

explain?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
So what's Different with the JFK car ?
Front Seat and Rear Seat i was watching it Live on the day he was shot.

plug it into the interwebs and look at "images". There's a third row of seats and six people in the car. Many of us remember only a front and rear seat, with four people in the car.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
the previous correct spelling of dilemma with an N, dilemna.

Yes! I remember specifically making fun of a "dear abbey" post with my ex-wife for some reason, where it was spelled "dilemma", not sure why I have that memory from like 25 years or more ago.
Because I used to pronounce the "n" out loud when I would say it, just for s&g

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
I'm 55+ years old and lived through the '70s and '80s Cold War nonsense, and I've *never* seen a Soviet flag with a star on it until two days ago.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I remember a Stouffers stove top stuffing.

But apparently it never existed.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

According to vexillologists...

Soviet flag with hammer, sickle and star was not created in 1918! It was adopted in 1923. The star on the flag was red with yellow border (not plain red). Only the coat of arms and some military colours were with hammer and sickle in 1918. Hammer and sickle existed in soviet symbolism since 1917.
Flags of the World

The red star with hammer and sickle was introduced in 1922 and two types of it were initially made for the Red Army. The “rounded” star which is still in use nowadays was adopted on 3 April, 1922, but another pattern with straight points (“sharp”) was also adopted on 11 July of the same year. The latter star slowly went into disuse.
Hammer and sickle details

How The Mandela Effect Has Been Brainwashing Everyone

List of sources a mile long under the video description.

German researchers create, then erase, false memories in people’s minds

A team of researchers in Germany has completed successful experiments in which they showcased how false memories can easily be planted and, more importantly, erased, with potentially serious implications for the justice system.

They wanted to both confirm that it is possible to implant (or incept, if you will) false memories in the mind of a subject using certain psychological techniques and tricks that rely heavily on the power of suggestion through repetition, while also discovering to what extent these memories can be erased.

In this latest experiment, the researchers created fictional, but plausible, stories from 52 participants’ childhoods and blended them with events that actually took place.

The researchers then reinforced these false memories in the minds of the participants by asking the volunteers’ parents to play along and claim things happened exactly as described, including the additional, fictional elements.

All of this implies the ability to erase 'real' memories using all of the same techniques. Those techniques coupled with mass media and neuro-linguistic programming. Mandela Effect?
Attach new meanings to old terms and attach new memories to old paths. Ministry of truth has been in control of our memories for centuries.

I find your theory quite plausible. When was this German research conducted? Can it be connected to the Mandela Effect timeline somehow?

It might help explain why only what might be considered minor or inconsequential memories seemed to have been altered from a portion of the population. These might be test runs exploring the capabilities of this technique. We may see this effect more often and more dramatically as this technique is improved over time.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
No no no....

It was Obama raiding on Osama bin Laden. I remember the downed black hawk.

Edit: hmmmm.

edit on 3-2-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The Kennedy's car thing is definitely shocking; even the official museum car isn't congruent with this reality's / timeline's events (if I remember correctly).

However, I am willing to just 'accept' (if I can force myself to) that most of the other stuff is some kind of 'memory effect', or memory playing tricks on me, except a couple of things that I am just _SO_ sure of, I simply can't EVER see it that way.

1) Dolly's Braces. Sorry, but she had them as certainly as people have two legs (usually) instead of one. I can't think or see it otherwise, I remember it so clearly, it's ridiculous.

2) Human anatomy. This is the scariest thing - if I ever accidentally see a 'human anatomy chart' or whatnot, I just look away, as I don't want to feel to awful 'reality is LYING to me'-feeling.

People should understand Mandela Effect is not a theory, it's not a cult, it's not something you CHOOSE.

It's not something you just DECIDE to claim or 'believe in' - it's not a belief, and it is not debatable.

It's something you are a VICTIM of without ever choosing to be.

There are some other things as well, and sometimes I find residue in old TV shows and such. One big thing (literally) is Earth's place in the galaxy. It used to be in a much farther position from the center, and altogether different spot anyway.

For me, CCCP flag always had the star.

However, I can't change my mind from KNOWING that the USA has 52 states.

The Eli Whitney thing freaks me out a LOT, because it is the only thing where I have ever flip-flopped (or the effect has).

First, I knew he was a white guy, I took it for granted, common knowledge.

Suddenly, he's a black guy, and there's a big commotion in the 'Mandela Effect community' (feels so stupid to write this, but what else can I say?), and many other people wonder about it. So, respect to the black people for inventing the Cotton Gin!

Very, very recently, it changed BACK to a white guy! I almost don't even want to check, maybe he's black again.. (shivers)

Mandela Effect is one of the cruelest, creepiest tricks reality has ever played upon me.

So many things feel 'off' about this reality, and I feel like I am somehow 'out of sync' with the Universe, and I don't even know how to explain that. I could live with it, if human anatomy was the way I remember it, if Dolly had her braces back, and if New Zealand returned to its rightful place next to Australia that's FAR AWAY from land, to the northwest side.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Some folk are not like you and dismissing mandela effect as faulty memory has got to be one of the weakest arguments I've EVER seen.

As painful and annoying as that is, we have to understand that without experiencing the effect directly, it's unfait to expect anyone to take on the burden of even taking this kind of claims seriously. It's not rational to just suddenly have faith that some star was missing from a flag on some alternate reality just because bunch of possibly memory-faulty people claim so.

I mean, when people say it was 'dilemna', I get such deep, stomach-churning cringes and I want to shout angrily profanities towards their obvious stupidity, but I control myself because I know what it's like to be on the wrong side of the ignorantly pointing and accusing finger.

I started this shocking journey laughingly. I remember having suffered some kind of extremely mild version of the effect, I think it was the New Zealand's location being SLIGHTLY in a different place, I was chuckling a bit as I was going to throw some fuel into the fire, but at the same time, try to make people see the light, to convince them to be rational, to tell them that as interesting as that 'theory' is, and although I CAN take it as a possibility (I was willing to give it about 15% probability, and was convinced it could be explained more 'rationally', and these people were just stubborn, memory-faulty folk that mean well, but aren't running on all cylinders - little did I realize they were driving electric cars anyway), I wasn't REALLY seriously considering such Universe-changing effect to be happening.

However, my smile froze pretty quickly, the deeper I fell into the rabbithole, and now I can't get back up. The effects kept coming, I researched, and it was one 'WTF'-moment after another, and suddenly reality seemed to mock me, and I wanted to DENY everything I found out about the reality - I KNEW things to be completely different, but I HAD to accept that they are not that way anymore!

Even Australia's shape was weirdly spiky, there was a huge spike I never, ever remembered before. The shape was weird anyway, and New Zealand was shoved somewhere ridiculously far to the east, AND Australia itself was EXTREMELY close to other land!

This was too much, but I kept going, and I found too many of these effects - it's one of those things I just rather ignore nowadays, just so I can have some peace of mind. Because really, what is there to gain in dwelling in it? I would either lose my mind, be shocked a bit more, and then some deniers would accuse me and laugh at me, although I know I am right.

It's exactly like a Twilight Zone episode, and even as a kid, I swore if anyone ever experiences something like that, I would not think they're lying immediately, I would understand and be on their side. Little did I know the TZ would happen to myself. Now I can't find anyone on the other side to share my childhood optimism about being able to 'believe' (not that I do) the experiencer of weird stuff.

I think the episode where words started suddenly changing describes the feeling, that episode shows exactly what it's like. To everyone else, it's one way, to you, it's completely different way, but you have to accept that for everyone else, it has always been like this.

That's the most insane part of the whole thing; it didn't just CHANGE. It has ALWAYS been different than you 100% certainly know it to really be. That's what most people don't seem to understand about the effect; they think they can just point to "proof" from 100 years ago or whatever, and thus SOLVE the thing. "See? It has ALWAYS been like that, case closed!"

They don't understand that 'it having ALWAYS been that way' _IS_ the Mandela Effect! Otherwise, it's just an unobserved change, how boring and mundane. (I'd LOVE some 'boring and mundane' instead of this effect)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join