It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's your PROOF!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm not going to debate the difference between "contrails or "chemtrials, i'm just gonna post the PROOF you require, regarding weather modification.

Operation Popeye

Operation Popeye (Project Popeye/Motorpool/Intermediary-Compatriot) was a US military cloud seeding operation (running from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972) during the Vietnam war to extend the monsoon season over Laos, specifically areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation seeded clouds with silver iodide, resulting in the targeted areas seeing an extension of the monsoon period an average of 30 to 45 days. As the continuous rainfall slowed down the truck traffic, it was considered relatively successful. The 54th Weather Reconnaissance Squadron carried out the operation to "make mud, not war."

Project Popeye was an experiment in increased rainfall through cloud seeding jointly approved by the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Defense.[citation needed] The technical aspects of the experiment were verified by Dr. Donald F. Hornig, Special Assistant to the President of the United States for Science and Technology. The government of Laos was not informed of the project, its methods or its goals.

Robert S. McNamara, U.S. Secretary of Defense, was aware that there might be objections raised by the international scientific community but said in a memo to the president that such objections had not in the past been a basis for prevention of military activities considered to be in the interests of U.S. national security.

During October 1966, Project Popeye was tested in a strip of the Laos panhandle east of the Bolovens Plateau in the Se Kong River valley. The test was conducted by personnel from the Naval Ordnance Test Station located at China Lake California. Fifty cloud seeding experiments were conducted with the result that 82% of the clouds produced rain within a brief period after having been seeded. It was claimed that one of the clouds drifted across the Vietnam border and dropped nine inches of rain on a US special forces camp over a four hour period. After the successful completion of the test phase, Project Popeye transitioned from an experiment to an operational program of the U.S. Defense department.

Starting on March 20, 1967, and continuing through every rainy season (March to November) in Southeast Asia until 1972, operational cloud seeding missions were flown. Three C-130 Hercules aircraft and two F-4C Phantom aircraft based at Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base Thailand flew two sorties per day. The aircraft were officially on weather reconnaissance missions and the aircraft crews as part of their normal duty generated weather report information. The crews, all from the 54th Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, were rotated into the operation on a regular basis from Guam. Inside the squadron, the rainmaking operations were code-named "Motorpool".
What's to argue or debate???? Maybe, the fact that no one knew what was going on??? Or, that the missions stopped, when everyone found out? Perhaps, you believe they ax'd the program? Maybe it's such a secret because it's illegal???

The press stories led to demands from members of the U.S. Congress, led by Senator Claiborne Pell, for more information. U.S. House and Senate resolutions in favor of banning environmental warfare were passed as Senate Resolution 71 on July 11, 1973, H.R. 116 of 1974, H.R. 329 of 1974 and H.R. 28 of 1975.
Or, is it "illegal" because it was so "successful; and they want to keep the people unaware of the technology. Pretending like they did away with it, years ago? **Wink, Wink** Afterall, those missions were "approved by the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Defense."

I'm SURE weather modification is tightly guarded under the DOD, for "National Security" reasons!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Ah yes Operation Popeye, one can only wonder and simply that due to how secretive this government can be when it wants to, what applications they have gone on to do from this point. 40+ years of advancement, and one thing is for sure, when they have success as described, the do not discontinue it, I mean what about our national security. This is what sold me on the belief that when they "theoretically" discuss geoengineering, it is not theoretical, it is already being implemented.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elementalgrove

That's the main reason why people think "weather modification" doesn't exist. Unfortunately, 82% success rate says differently.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

In PLAIN SIGHT. Good catch!!!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
For the millionth time, everyone acknowledges cloud seeding programs and weather modification exist. The "Chemtrail" mythos is based on the assumption it's coming from every airliner seen passing overhead with a few contrails.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, i'm not one to believe that EVERY airliner is dropping chemtrails. But, how is cloud seeding done? And, who's to say those extremely long trails are not clouds being seeded, for weather modification purposes? How do clouds get seeded??? By what means???

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Cloud seeding is proof of chemtrails? Really might want to change your title its misleading to say the least. Cloud seeding was first attempted all most since the time we first invented the plane.Until the 60s it was considered failed experiments but then they found dry ice could sufficiently cool the clouds to allow the water to freeze. So unless you think that chemtrails are co2 being dumped into clouds not really seeing the correlation you're making???

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Am i missing something here? Isn't silver iodide a chemical? How about aluminum? Barium? Are those "chemicals"? You don't see a correlation???

They're spraying CHEMICALS, like silver iodide, to make it rain. Do people miss that part??? Now, unless you tell me "silver iodide can't be seen when sprayed" via airplanes, THEN i'll believe those are just normal persisting contrails. I'm confused because you say weather modification exists, but act like it's not being used???

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by boncho

Well, i'm not one to believe that EVERY airliner is dropping chemtrails. But, how is cloud seeding done? And, who's to say those extremely long trails are not clouds being seeded, for weather modification purposes? How do clouds get seeded??? By what means???

Some are ground based and some by air.

www.dri.edu...

Here's a company that cloud seeds for snowpack

Purpose of the Program
Augment snowfall in mountainous regions that supply water to northern and southern Nevada, and increase the snowpack and resultant runoff from the targeted basins.

***Silver Iodide:

Cloud seeding[edit]

Cessna 210 equipped with a silver iodide generator for cloud seeding
The crystalline structure of β-AgI is similar to that of ice, allowing it to induce freezing by the process known as heterogeneous nucleation. Approximately 50,000 kg are used for cloud seeding annually, each seeding experiment consuming 10-50 grams.[4]

10-50 grams is very, very little. This says experiment so I am not sure what the levels are in current operations.

From DRI

Methods of Operation
Cloud Seeding EquipmentPrimarily, ground-based generators are used to burn a solution of silver iodide, sodium iodide, salt and acetone to release microscopic silver iodide particles which can create additional ice crystals, then snow, in winter clouds. Weather conditions are selected to optimize fallout in targeted basins. Generators are remotely operated by telephone landline, by radio or by other types of wireless communication. A seeding aircraft is frequently used to augment ground seeding operations. The aircraft releases AgI from pyrotechnic flares or wing-mounted solution burners. Dry ice is also used occasionally to seed shallow cloud systems, including fog over airports.
Seeding Equipment
Twenty five (25) remotely controlled silver iodide generators designed and constructed by DRI. One experimental liquid propane seeding unit in Colorado. One subcontracted seeding aircraft.

As far as planes being used, many if not most are prop based planes.

Geo-Engineering

That's a far cry from thinking every plane overhead is trying to kill your sperm with toxic chemicals…

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by dragonridr

Am i missing something here? Isn't silver iodide a chemical? How about aluminum? Barium? Are those "chemicals"? You don't see a correlation???

They're spraying CHEMICALS, like silver iodide, to make it rain. Do people miss that part??? Now, unless you tell me "silver iodide can't be seen when sprayed" via airplanes, THEN i'll believe those are just normal persisting contrails. I'm confused because you say weather modification exists, but act like it's not being used???

No i think you missed this part and silver iodine indeed can be seen it will have a yellow color. The reason its used is it acts exactly like the crystalline structure of frozen water allowing water to bind to it and freeze.But do you understand they need a cloud to have already formed.Think of it as causing a cloud to drop rain where you want it to. Silver iodide will not kill you in fact people ingest silver its sold as a natural remedy. So again what does this have to do with contrails? See in order to seed a cloud you need slow moving aircraft and a tank and a sprayer not a jet airplane. So are you saying we have propeller planes roaming are skys creating chemtrails? I suggest in the future when you think you have proof of something maybe you might want to understand what the chemical does. Though calling silver a chemical is pushing it but hey whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by boncho

And, who's to say those extremely long trails are not clouds being seeded, for weather modification purposes? How do clouds get seeded??? By what means???

You're right. They're quite deliberately burning hydrocarbons in a very cold low pressure environment and introducing ice nuclei to parcels of air which are ice-supersaturated to produce huge clouds containing far more material than any plane could possibly lift to those altitudes in order to induce a tiny net warming effect in the climate.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I'm not going to debate the difference between "contrails or "chemtrials, i'm just gonna post the PROOF you require, regarding weather modification.

Exactly what proof are you showing us, because nobody denies cloud seeding is weather modification.

In fact I have given you the website of the company who does this, so what are you trying to prove.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So their using aluminum and barium for cloud seeding?

There is no correlation except in your mind, because this is what they use for cloud seeding.

Two different types of seeding agents are used, depending on the temperature of the cloud volume to be treated. The agents used to seed a cloud (cloud seeding agents) drive the technology used for cloud seeding. The terms “cold rain” (developing through a process that involves ice particles) and “warm rain” (developing through a process that is entirely liquid) are often used to describe the two primary cloud microphysical processes that produce precipitation naturally.

The most common agents used in “cold rain” or snowpack augmentation cloud seeding projects are silver iodide and dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide). Other agents like liquefied gases (liquid nitrogen for example) can be used to seed clouds, The means of generating seeding agents in “cold rain” snowpack augmentation projects include pyrotechnic flares (similar to emergency highway flares), a solution of chemicals, dry ice, or compressed gas cylinders. The flares used for cloud seeding usually contain silver iodide or a salt. Flare racks can be installed on aircraft to carry the pyrotechnic flares. The solutions contain silver iodide dissolved in acetone and are dispensed via combustion from devices called silver iodide (ice nuclei or aerosol) generators. These generators can be located on the ground or attached to the wings of an aircraft. Dry Ice is usually acquired in pellet form. The pellets are placed in special insulated containers (called dry ice hoppers) for dispensing the pellets. Dry ice is most frequently dispensed from aircraft. Installations on aircraft are certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

Similarly, “warm rain” cloud seeding agents can be produced by “hygroscopic” flares. These flares contain some type of salt (e.g., calcium chloride). When the flares are burned they produce minute particles of the salt which attract water vapor, forming cloud droplets in addition to those already present in the cloud. Hygroscopic seeding can also be done using dry common salt (NaCl) that has been processed to optimum sizes in powder form for the promotion of droplet growth in the clouds. This salt is dispersed normally from an aircraft flying immediately below or in the updraft regions of the clouds

www.weathermodification.org...

No barium and no aluminum.
edit on 6-1-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by boncho

Well, i'm not one to believe that EVERY airliner is dropping chemtrails. But, how is cloud seeding done?

From light aircraft, with really obvious "candles" that burn and do not leave long white trails in a clear sky, because it is done in and under CLOUDS!

And, who's to say those extremely long trails are not clouds being seeded, for weather modification purposes? How do clouds get seeded??? By what means???

Can't you do just a little research??

And to he OP - congratulations - you have "proved" that cloud seeding exists.

Something which:
1/ is not secret
2/ is not done from airliners
3/ is not done in clear skies
4/ does not leave trails that expand out into clouds
5/ does not leave persistent trails
6/ does not look anything like contrails in the first place.

In keeping with your awesome research abilities I look forward to you soon proving that rain is wet and gravity sucks!

edit on 6-1-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Can't you do just a little research??

This thread is because of the little research he has done.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

They're spraying CHEMICALS, like silver iodide, to make it rain. Do people miss that part??? Now, unless you tell me "silver iodide can't be seen when sprayed" via airplanes, THEN i'll believe those are just normal persisting contrails.

When they start cloud seeding at 35000 ft then you may have something, but they aren't so it isn't.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

May I first say, congratulations, EPIC fail.

Yes, cloud seeding is real. No, it has nothing to do with contrails. (way different altitudes)

You have proved cloud seeding is real. Now that we all agree, please don't bring it up when discussing contrails ever, ever, again.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

After reading wonderbrain's posts, I am convinced that he has never actually watched any of the videos presented, nor looked at any link posted regarding cloud seeding. He is willfully ignorant on the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by boncho

You have had it explained, you have been provided with links, heck you have posted links yourself that show how cloud seeding is done. ,

Please find and post one link to an original source that shows or mentions cloud seeding by big jets at 30,000ft or thereabouts leaving long trails in a clear blue sky, as opposed to small aircraft at around 10,000ft with a short burst directly into a rain cloud.

Nobody needs proof of cloud seeding or weather modification. How about proof of how you link them to chemtrails?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join