It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico cops, doctors force man to undergo 7-hour ordeal involving rectal probes after traffic st

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

colddeadhands
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Geez I thought it was the ALIENS that were the ones doing the anal probes, not the government! I hope this guy wins his lawsuit, but my concern is that it is only the beginning of more to come. Do they make chastity belts for the back? HELP!!!

They have happened before:

Adrian Schoolcraft: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

The question about the innocent people being found guilty of a crime does bear some thought. However, the main difference between those cases and this case, is that unless they can prove that there was prosecution misconduct, then the laws usually cap the damages that they can sue for.

And in most cases, the state heads them off at the pass and offers compensation for the mistake of being imprisoned. But the other difference, is that those people are usually given their full rights, a phone call, a lawyer, a day in court to face their accusers and to defend themselves.

In this case, this man was not charged, was detained, and ultimately was not given the benefit of having a consultation of his attorney. He was detained and then forced to undergo a medical procedure in another county, and even then instead of taking the first 2 or 3 results, they continued to force such procedures on him. That is not normal, it is cruel, sick and a form of torture.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
People are going to say I'm going to far here but whatever, it's how I honestly feel. Crimes committed from a position of authority are always seen as the most heinous in society, except we let cops off. That needs to change. What I want to see here is for those cops to lose every asset they have, then I want the same to happen to their close family members, then I want those cops to be forced to see their children raped as the last thing they ever see. Then I want a bullet in their heads. Oh and I want the family charged for the bullet as a final insult. It can be one of those special $20,000 government bullets too.

I'm honestly surprised with myself that this is my reaction because I'm normally pretty easy going with punishments for crime, but I can't help but think and feel that if cops are given special benefits in society like having their word worth more in court, then the penalties for them abusing their authority need to be MUCH worse than what happens to the average person.

For cops and politicians I would support the North Korean system... 3 generations of punishment for an infraction.

Maybe if the cops have something on the line other cops can't protect them from, things would change.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Aazadan
What I want to see here is for those cops to lose every asset they have, then I want the same to happen to their close family members, then I want those cops to be forced to see their children raped as the last thing they ever see. Then I want a bullet in their heads. Oh and I want the family charged for the bullet as a final insult. It can be one of those special $20,000 government bullets too.

Yeah, that's a bit much. Why punish the innocent?

I think the cops and doctors should be arrested and jailed for rape, because that's what it was. They raped that man. They tortured him. They broke their own laws in the process as well. They need to be convicted, not just sued.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Under Water
Yeah, that's a bit much. Why punish the innocent?

I think the cops and doctors should be arrested and jailed for rape, because that's what it was. They raped that man. They tortured him. They broke their own laws in the process as well. They need to be convicted, not just sued.

Because the individual is protected by other cops. If you commit a crime from a position of authority your punishment should be much worse. It works that way for literally every other crime in not just the US but in the entire developed world.

They raped this guy multiple times. If they were to get an equal punishment they should get the same thing as a serial rapist. The average for a single count of rape is 12 years. They raped this guy 3 times, that's 36 years. They kidnapped him. That's another 10 years. There's evidence they profiled him and that this may have been racially motivated, that's another 15 years. They forced medical procedures on him, that's another 15 years. We're up to 76 years in prison so far, and that's just if they're punished equally to the rest of the population without taking their authority into account and we haven't even touched on conspiracy or torture. The punishment is already so high that they can't be punished further with time, it's effectively a life sentence in prison. The only thing left is to go after others to show cops that if they commit crimes like this, there will be retribution. If it's more than the individual cop can provide, it comes from their loved ones.

If they get called heroes, they get parades when they die, they have the legal authority to kill us, and most importantly their word is worth more than our evidence in court they absolutely deserve far more severe penalties when we actually can prove they've seriously messed up.

The only other thing that I would consider fair is to dock every cop in the state 15% of their pension... not current value but final value. If they're a brotherhood, and have the thin blue line, and all the rest of that crap they deserve to be punished equally.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

SecTownKid
reply to post by lovebeck

You know what, I'm not gonna argue with that. I posted that out hatred of the situation and you're right, it was tasteless. I know that most TSA agents are just doing they're job. But that doesn't stop me from hating the source of problem, however that manifests to us average Americans, whether it be cops brutalizing my fellow citizens or TSA breaking our constitutional rights and treating tube fed 3 year olds as terrorists. It's not their fault they are doing their job as best they are instructed and supporting their family as best they can... but they've become part of the machine, enemies of the constitution of America and that's why I stand against them.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from, and I apologize for being tasteless and offensive.

I totes know where you're coming from. These aren't the easiest times to live in. For or most of us, anyhow.
Try channeling that angry energy into something positive, rather than brooding and hating the source.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.theblaze.com... h-nothing/ another link to update the op's article.

and note that popping sound you hear is all the liberals brains popping when they find them selves agree with glen beck on something(not trying to rip on liberals here mind you) .thats how bad this is that in the devided country we have that every one from the furthest right wing neo cons are in agreement with the most ardent hippy liberal,from aljazera to RT to cnn and huffpost to fox and glen beck ALL are in agreement of how horrible this incident was and they all agree he deserves a oil tanker full of cash

“Based on the search warrant, they take him to a facility in Deming … [an] Urgent Care facility,” Kennedy continued. “And the doctor there says, ‘No, this is unethical. I can’t do this. This is wrong.’ And then they take him to another facility, the Gila Medical Facility in Silver City, New Mexico where literally he is subjected to five to seven hours of medical procedures including digital severance, enemas, culminating in a colonoscopy, complete colonoscopy under the theory that the warrant authorized what the doctor called a body cavity search. And he’s taken home at 3:00 in the morning after being stopped at 2:00 in the afternoon.” Beck asked whether Eckert said he wanted an attorney present, and Kennedy said he “absolutely” made that request. However, many of those involved seemed to believe that since the man hadn’t yet been charged with a crime, he didn’t have the right to an attorney.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Sad story there in New Mexico.

It is a direct result of nearly a century of drug prohibition enforcement, with zeal. Law run amok.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Salander

The sad part about the entire war on drugs, is that the government has yet to learn the lesson that it should have so long ago, and that was with prohibition. The moment that they outlawed alcohol, the crime rate rose up directly, and the public saw that directly.

The other reason why is that the drug war has failed, is cause all of the funding went into law enforcement, and not on healing. So they put people in jails, they get out and go back into the same old habits that they were in before they were incarcerated. It is just a viscious cycle.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by ownbestenemy

yeah im with you on this i hope this man gets to sue every one responsible for it

also and you may be able to answer this for me isnt performing medical treatment on some one with out their consent also assault and battery?

Several things are in play here regarding this. Most likely, when defending these officers, the State will fall back upon "implied consent". It is "implied" that he stopped, as he should have, and thus should be subjected to any actions and commands emerging from the officers in control of the scene.

The officers demise comes, with a view of the complaint, in that they "shopped" the warrant to get what they wanted. The first doctor (and one who should be praised), denied the practice and sent them on their way. They continued on, until they found one that would do their "bidding". Was it "assault or battery"; that is to be seen.

I only say the above because what if a patient is in need of immediate attention to expel a foreign substance and the doctor, falling back on their Hippocratic oath, performed the procedure to attempt to "do no harm".

More information regarding how the ER visits went, will be revealing in this aspect.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
dailycaller.com... another victim comes forward

A third New Mexico resident is claiming that she was physically abused by police and medical staff who exceeded their authority to search for drugs she never had. The woman’s attorney came forward with her story just a few days after a local news channel reported similar stories involving New Mexico police forcing two suspects to undergo invasive surgery to prove they weren’t carrying drugs. Police used expired and nonexistent warrants to justify the improper and unethical searches, according to KOB-TV 4. Read more: dailycaller.com...
well the victims keep mounting up they are going to have to throw the book at these cops or new mexico is gonna be dead to tourism in a week. How long were these guys at this....how many more victims are going to come forward in this case.

is it not common when widespread corruption/illegal activities going on for the federal government to come in and run the police department in question until its back to legal code or whatnot?

that her client was stopped by police in El Paso, Texas Read more: dailycaller.com...
this part confused me about this link, was she stopped in NM or texas?
edit on 12-11-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

RalagaNarHallas
is it not common when widespread corruption/illegal activities going on for the federal government to come in and run the police department in question until its back to legal code or whatnot?

Which is sad because New Mexico is beautiful country. Wide skies, good people...

I hope that these bad eggs are cast out because after a few years there, I believe it is one of the most desirable states to live in.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Certainly NM has a lot going for it.

--highest per capita PhDs, or used to be. . . . Sandia Labs . . . Los Alamos . . . the universities etc.

--plenty of natural beauty . . . though with plenty of . . . desolation too, LOL. . . . Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands, Sandia Peaks, Taos,

--a wide diversity of cultures--Hispanic, a multiplicity of Native American tribes including the largest one--the Dineh--Navajo

--a rich history . . . Santa Fe one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities

= = =

However, politically, NM has long been a huge hotbed of corruption to the hilt.

The highways have not been ranked that high in quality and quality of repair.

NM usually ranks near the bottom of the States on a number of measures.

I think in the 1950's, NMexicans were more salt of the earth people who'd help out anyone if they could.

The corruption and the insidious propagandizing, mind control etc. stuff of the NWO globalism effort has all had devastating effects on the State and the populace.

Still, I think it's a lot better place to live than most other States in many respects . . . as we look at the deliberate destruction of the Republic by the NWO . . . and a looming WW3 on the near horizon . . . though I wouldn't want to be caught in Albuquerque or other target areas! On sum, NM probably has fewer target areas than most States near as large or larger.

In terms of the Deming police thing . . . myopic, stupid arrogance knows no boundaries. However, the corruption in the State often carries such arrogance in high places.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Sounds to me like she was stopped in Texas. Maybe they reported it because it was a nearby similar case.

El Paso has sometimes been accused of being part of New Mexico . . . essentially, culturally etc. Of course, Texans are not interested. LOL.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
$1.6 million settlement for man forced by cops to have enemas, colonoscopy

Good news. The guy won. As he should have.

A New Mexico man has settled with local authorities for $1.6 million after claiming police forced him to undergo "multiple digital penetrations and three enemas" on an invalid warrant and without finding any of the illicit drugs they were looking for.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 17-1-2014 by Pimpintology because: he forgot quotes.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

It is good he got something out of it, still not worth what he went through in my opinion. The settlement also means there will be no prosecution of the officers that forced this man to be medically raped. Justice was not served in this case.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

if they gave him the colonoscopies, then certainly they performed diagnostics as well as inspection.

At least he's got that going for him. Get pulled over, get a free medical test worth $5000

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Sounds to me like she was stopped in Texas. Maybe they reported it because it was a nearby similar case.

El Paso has sometimes been accused of being part of New Mexico . . . essentially, culturally etc. Of course, Texans are not interested. LOL.

We claim El Paso when we want to get really drunk and buy cheap crap. Since the border is in such bad shape, that tourist stuff has suffered.

same with Beaumont. We'd give it to Louisianna if they asked real nicely.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
$1.6 million from the county that buttraped him. Only problems I see there is that it's going to come from the taxpayers and not the pensions of the police that did it, and the officers and doctor aren't being charged with rape. I for one hope the doctor involved is walking just as funny as Mr. Eckart surely was when released after he writes the check that is coming next, hopefully after his liability insurance refuses to pay, and it comes straight out of his assets.

Police in this country are definitely out of control and unaccountable. We should assuredly be discussing ways of making law enforcement less "enforcers" and more accountable to the public that pays for their salaries and the consequences of their more egregious mistakes like this case.

The Quixotic "War on Some Drugs" and its implementation in the four decades since Nixon's announcement has done more to impair American individual and economic freedom than any foreign adversary has in the nearly 250 years of the republic's existence.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
www.forbes.com... update for the case with a weird title sadly he has settled for 1.6 million instead of going to court to set a precedent on the matter but hey 1.6 million is a large settlement and im sure some people will loose their jobs over such a large pay out

The Associated Press reports that the city of Deming, New Mexico, where David Eckert was pulled over for a rolling stop last January, and nearby Hidalgo County have agreed to settle a civil rights lawsuit he filed after cops from those two jurisdictions forced him to undergo a humiliating exploration of his digestive tract. The city and county will pay Eckert $1.6 million, which amounts to $200,000 for each of the increasingly intrusive searches performed on Eckert at Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City: two X-rays, two digital probes of his anus, three enemas, and a colonoscopy, none of which discovered the slightest trace of the drugs that police claim to have thought he was hiding inside himself. Eckert also sued various Deming and Hidalgo County police officers; the hospital, which billed him more than $6,000 for these indignities; and two physicians, Robert Wilcox and Okay Odocha, who executed the elaborate assault under the cover of medicine. “It was medically unethical and unconstitutional,” Shannon Kennedy, Eckert’s attorney, told A.P. “He feels relieved that this part is over and believes this litigation might make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else.” Eckert added: I feel that I got some justice as I think the settlement shows they were wrong to do what they did to me. I truly hope that no one will be treated like this ever again. I felt very helpless and alone on that night.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join