It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police attack nurse because she called her supervisor.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I dont know where to start ... everytime a citizen in the countries around the world want something from the government or anything , we must follow a protocol , everywhere a protocol is being forced upon us , and we must abide these protocols or we face prosecution , it can be getting a new licence or filling in your tax papers.

But here we have individuals who are getting ordered around by people Elected , Chosen and payed by the people in these nations to secure and to further develop these nations into a "better" country.

We have Intellingence angency's hacking a unbelievable amount of computers and monitoring individuals , all on a Guilty until proven innocent basis.

IF i right now would hack these agency's i would be Crimminally prosecuted for probably the highest count : ESPIONAGE , or aiding and abbeting a Enemy.

in this case if i would open the door and gain Forced entry to the hospital , i would be beaten up by the security , and i would be totally fine with it , because i broke the rules , if i waited and followed protocol nothing bad occur.

The point that i want to make is that these actions made by law enforcment agency's , who call this a matter of Homeland security yada yada , are not contributing to your Homeland being Secure.

Because i doubt People like the Idea of cops Beating up nurses and Illegal trespassing without a warrant , its the total opposite of anything being secure.

TheGreazel.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

defcon5
reply to post by Metaphysique

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Fourth Amendment says that upon the issue of a warrant the police have the right to search, seize, and arrest. No 'legal' authority of anyone other then a judge can overturn this.

Oh stop it! You're talking sense here. That just will not do for the anti-LEO community here at ATS. See one bad act and paint with the broad brush. It should be based upon emotions felt at the time. Not rational thought according to them.

One thought that came to mind here is that LEO's and nurses seem to be drawn together, and not in a good way either all the time. I've known plenty of both who have married and it always ended in divorce.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
She had every right. She is responsible for the therapeutic environment of her patients.

She has no right to interfere, as I said even US Presidents have to comply with warrant if issued against them unless they can claim a “national security” conflict.

bigfatfurrytexan
The police couldn't give a rats ass about the guy in the room next door that is gasping for what little bit of air he can suck through a straw, or what the commotion will do to him.

If the police do something to affect that other person, and you can show neglect of some kind, you can sue the department after the fact, you cannot “detain” them from serving their warrant out of fear of what “could” happen.

bigfatfurrytexan
What kind of ward were they trying to enter?

It does not matter what type of “ward” it was, when issuing a warrant they can enter anywhere that is in their jurisdiction.

bigfatfurrytexan
Was it mental? What about them having guns? Having worked in a mental hospital, I can guarantee you that police are not allowed onto a locked unit with their firearm.

That is a Texas state law and only applies to Texas.

bigfatfurrytexan
What about HIPPA?

HIPPA does not apply to a warrant. If a warrant is issued, you must hand over the information.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

defcon5
You should recommend that your facility change this policy as they have no right to overrule a judges warrant for arrest, and you could end up under arrest yourself.

You're absolutely right.

The nurse should turn over *anyone* to the blue-suits. Even those with bubonic plague, viral hemorrhagic fevers or other conditions. After all, the cops know best, eh?

The only thing wrong with the cops in this video is that someone did not hand them their asses.

edit on 26-10-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have a question.

Why are people here defending a nurse who was blocking access to an alleged sexual predator?

Just curious.

Were they related somehow either through friendship or family.

I'd like to know more about this story.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

TDawgRex
I have a question.

Why are people here defending a nurse who was blocking access to an alleged sexual predator?

Who said anything about blocking access?

She was following her protocol. Hopefully the next protocol she will be following is her lawyers instructions in a 7 figure law suit.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

juspassinthru

She was following her protocol. Hopefully the next protocol she will be following is her lawyers instructions in a 7 figure law suit.

Based on the video and statements attributed to her in the Police Report, she WAS obstructing the Police in their duties.

Protocol of the Hospitals procedures doesn't trump that.

Sorry

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Accordingly, as a general rule, health care providers should not disclose protected health information to police and should not allow the police to access the patient in the hospital unless: (1) the patient consents to the access or disclosure; (2) the police have a warrant or order allowing such access or disclosure; (3) a statute allows or requires the access or disclosure; or (4) the access or disclosure is required for security or safety reasons.

www.teamiha.org...

Seems police were within their rights considering they had a warrant. That being said, I still feel it could have been handled more maturely by both parties.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

juspassinthru
The nurse should turn over *anyone* to the blue-suits. Even those with bubonic plague, viral hemorrhagic fevers or other conditions. After all, the cops know best, eh?

Police do have common sense...
They are not going to move someone that is in contagious disease isolation. If they got there and saw that was the case, they would have been calling their supervisor for instructions. Most likely in that case they would transfer the patient to a hospital that is under DOC jurisdiction. Prisons and jails maintain their own hospital facilities, nurses, and doctors. If the person has something that is very complex, they will have a hospital that is near the corrections facility that has procedures in place to work with the corrections officers. I know this because two of my close friends and one of my family members worked in that system; one as a DOC officer, one as a DOC nurse, and one as a nurse at the hospital used by the DOC.

That was obviously not the case here, and its very common for people who know they are going to jail to claim medical issues, or try to hide in medical facilities, because its better than going to jail/prison.

juspassinthru

the state may just be nice in this case and drop the charges, but if they don't she is going to end up with a record. She was in the wrong here, and she is not going to win a lawsuit against them. If she can show in her “policies and procedures manual” that she followed hospital procedure, she has a case against the hospital. Chances are though that she has no case against anyone, and is going to end up learning a hard lesson.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

rubbish, that's an interpretation and a very strained and a very weaselish one.

fail.

sounds like you've picked a side/story and refuse to budge
pfft "don't bend and you'll break"

oh look she was also tasered, that's "strange" when did that happen?
hinterlandgazette.com... exually-assault-another.html

Gwinnett County nurse Marthe Bien-Aime was tasered and arrested after she refused to grant police access to a patient at the Summit Ridge Hospital, who was suspected of sexually molesting another patient. Police said Ms. Bien-Aime obstructed police officers, but her brother said she was just following hospital policy. It should be noted that Summit Ridge is a psychiatric facility.

ah....it was the dumb b@tch too
Police: Officers justified in shocking nurse with Taser

Three officers took an unruly Bien-Aime to the ground and handcuffed her with plastic "flex cuffs." A female officer, identified as C. Vice, shocked Bien-Aime with a Taser when she writhed in the hospital's hallways to stall her arrest, according to a Lawrenceville police report.

#Lawrenceville police Maj. Paul King said the incident has been reviewed, as is protocol when police respond to resistance, and has been "deemed to be within department policy." There will be no internal investigation, King said.

ROFL my, my, what with this self serving BS, at this point I'd post larken rose's [snip] video but you'll have to google it as moderators have already threatened me with a Ban for posting it once.

edit on 10/26/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What part of any of that helps prove your point?

She blocked Police from arresting the patient, then blocked and delayed her own arrest, resulting in her getting Tazed.

Stupid people do stupid things.

Lawrenceville police on Tuesday defended an officer who shocked a handcuffed hospital nurse with a stun gun after the nurse allegedly acted as a barrier between police and a sexual battery suspect, mocked an officer and flew into a tirade

Officers fetched a sexual battery warrant for Lockhart, returned to the hospital but were met by a dogged Bien-Aime, who said she'd taken "an oath to protect" patients and called officers' actions "an injustice," the report states.

#Vice wrote that she twice warned Bien-Aime she could be arrested for obstruction if she didn't get out of the way. Officers called in Lt. M. Tinkey who warned the nurse a third time, the report states.

#"The nurse ... began laughing at (the lieutenant) and told him that she did not think that he would arrest her," Officer Vice wrote.

Can't fix stupid.

Don't stop a LEO from doing an arrest and then try to claim "I'm just following Hospital policy".

Common sense does have a place.
edit on 26-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Not buying the BS being put forth by this nurses defenders. I want to know more and from every link I've seen, the nurse was in the wrong.

Since it was a psychiatric facility, I'm thinking that the patients have taken over the asylum based upon her actions.

Could it have been handled differently, you betcha. If she wouldn't have gotten in the way, I'm sure not much would have came of it. There would have been a questioning and if the guy accused didn't have a record, probably nothing would have came of it other than a stern talking to. She escalated things.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm thinking the psychiatric facility is going to get an new patient soon.........

Waiting for the other shoe to drop in this discussion.........
edit on 26-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The nurse might be wrong , but to arrest her like that is beyond words , even if they had a search warrant : ITS a HOSPITAL , not a gang hideout , they Assaulted one of their own , A PERSON who took a OATH to help people.

I believe Accusations against the Nurse made by ppl for HARBORING a possible sex offender are ridiculous , she got arrested , heck , she might even lose her job , all for what ? a few minutes time Won.

Instead of waiting a few minutes to have a supervisor give the Green light , they attacked the nurse , how can the necessity of time stand above the Wellbeing of a person.

Thats why i condem this , they cops might had the right to detain the patient , but must there really be additional casualties/victims ? , in a situation wich clearly could have been dealt with via Diplomacy , its not a standoff with firearms , its a discussion/debate about protocol , there wasnt any violence Until some one decided to try and open the door / engage in a physical struggle.

Yes maybe they have won 10 minutes on their schedule , but cmon its about getting the job done proper , not fastest.

TheGreazel.

PS: i can not post into this Thread directly for some reason , i can only reply , so dont take this as a personal attack on you , i respect your oppinion about this specific case.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Really, I see this as having much to do with Hitler. Please allow me to explain....

Hitler had the positively awesome idea of giving *everyone* who performed any kind of duty for the Nazi party, right down to trash collectors and waiters, not to mention soldiers and staff clerks, a uniform. No matter how lowly they were. No matter how stupid they may have been. Give them a uniform and something shiny to attack to it every now and then, and people felt good about what they were doing.

It emboldened them to the point of doing precisely what Hitler desired.

Now, I see the police uniform, the badge, and the gun, as being an over-glorified uniform in total.

These men and women, just like those of the Nazi regime, become emboldened. They feel as though they are somehow More equal than Others.

I cannot help but feel that the mixture of the power of a uniform, the title, the low standard requirements for becoming a police officer, and the power afforded to the empowered individual, creates the potential, if not the probability, of true monsters emerging.

Just to add fuel to the fire, please review the following. It is rather intriguing, and is a well known/documented/storied/even filmed event.

The Stanford Prison Experiment

Remember, anyone and everyone, given the authority, the power, and the right uniform, can become one of these monsters.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Metaphysique
rubbish, that's an interpretation and a very strained and a very weaselish one.

Under the US Constitution you have no legal right to countermand a warrant unless it is in conflict with another equal law. As mentioned in the case of the President, he can do so by claiming protection under the National Security Act.

Metaphysique
oh look she was also tasered, that's "strange" when did that happen?

She was obstructing and resisting.
I'm going to tell you what I think happened here. Someone with a dose of authority at work decided that she felt that she was in a position to exert her authority beyond her rights, and got a hard lesson that she was in the wrong. Based on her remark “not on my shift”, I would guess because she didn't want to do the paperwork involved. When you obstruct, you commit a felony (in many states). If you commit a felony and resist being arrested, you're going to get tazed and/or pepper sprayed.

Now what is going to happen is she is going to be convicted with a felony and lose her nursing license. I sure hope that she can show in her facilities “policy and procedures manual” that it states that you can detain officers serving a warrant while you contact your supervisor, because if it doesn't, she's SOL...

I have worked in MANY hospitals and medical facilities, and I cannot name a single one that has a policy of detaining or interfering with the police serving a warrant.

Metaphysique
ROFL my, my, what with this self serving BS, at this point I'd post larken rose's [snip] video but you'll have to google it as moderators have already threatened me with a Ban for posting it once.

Police “use of force matrices” dictate when an officer can legally use force and at what level. If it was judged in compliance, its because upon reviewing the footage, the officers followed the “Use of force policy” of that department.

If you don't like the Laws in the US, you have two options; 1)Move 2) Seek to have them changed.

...But you cannot hold police responsible when they are within the law and policies of their state, and department.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Everyone accept for a few on here needs to exercise some common sense..This nurse, locked the DOOR when the police arrived!! I can tell you now this was not a psychiatric facility, having been a nurse that has worked plenty of mental health type facilities, THERE IS ALWAYS POLICE PRESENCE IN THE HOSP. HIRED BY THE HOSPITAL!!! iT IS A REQUIREMENT FOR SAFETY PURPOSES!!

If she was the only nurse present, I am guessing this was some type of nursing home facility at best!! The suspect was wanted for kidnapping and sexual assault, most likely rape!!

This nurse was power tripping big time!! A nurse that lacks common sense does not make a good nurse!!! I don't care who the patient was and i guarantee when the truth comes out, we will learn that the owner or supervisor of the facility was notified in advance! This was not a case of police brutality! This was a case of Obstruction of Justice and she could be charged, although it would be a stretch, with aiding and abetting a dangerous criminal!

The police did her a favor when they tased her. If she had continued arguing she very well may have said a lot more incriminating herself!

Pax

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Of course there are some right wingers are standing up for the four white cops assaulting the black nurse. Of course they believe the report, I mean why would cops lie, it's not like they are covering their butts or anything.

I can see the posts now if it had been a white nurse..the same right wingers defending the cops would be all over this and complaining about rights being taken away ..etc and also somehow blaming Obama for this.

I would like to see the whole video...the part where she locks the police out. All I see is the cops speak with her, she says something back...gets on phone..hands over phone..then gets rushed and assaulted.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

TDawgRex

1-Not buying the BS being put forth by this nurses defenders. I want to know more and from every link I've seen, the nurse was in the wrong.

2-Since it was a psychiatric facility, I'm thinking that the patients have taken over the asylum based upon her actions.

3-Could it have been handled differently, you betcha. If she wouldn't have gotten in the way, I'm sure not much would have came of it. There would have been a questioning and if the guy accused didn't have a record, probably nothing would have came of it other than a stern talking to. She escalated things.

1-yet you'll buy what the police say
not a smart shopper are you?

2- your statement would be correct if you were speaking of society in general

3- ooooh that dawg won't hunt TDREX,
BECAUSE THE OFFICERS FOLLOWED HOSPITAL PROTOCOL WHEN THEY ASKED TO INTERVIEW THE COMPLAINANT
ACCORDING TO OFFICE VICE[OUS]'S REPORT

" Lt. Tinkey arrived on the seen and joined me on the interview with the Victim. The nurses station was advised of the situation we had and we would need to speak to the Victim in a private room. the nurses then got the victim and opened a conference room for us to use"

edit on 26-10-2013 by Metaphysique because: added edit & comment

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

paxnatus
Everyone accept for a few on here needs to exercise some common sense..This nurse, locked the DOOR when the police arrived!! I can tell you now this was not a psychiatric facility, having been a nurse that has worked plenty of mental health type facilities, THERE IS ALWAYS POLICE PRESENCE IN THE HOSP. HIRED BY THE HOSPITAL!!! iT IS A REQUIREMENT FOR SAFETY PURPOSES!!

If she was the only nurse present, I am guessing this was some type of nursing home facility at best!! The suspect was wanted for kidnapping and sexual assault, most likely rape!!

This nurse was power tripping big time!! A nurse that lacks common sense does not make a good nurse!!! I don't care who the patient was and i guarantee when the truth comes out, we will learn that the owner or supervisor of the facility was notified in advance! This was not a case of police brutality! This was a case of Obstruction of Justice and she could be charged, although it would be a stretch, with aiding and abetting a dangerous criminal!

The police did her a favor when they tased her. If she had continued arguing she very well may have said a lot more incriminating herself!

Pax

I worked in a mental hospital for 5 years. My wife still works there (as a nurse). There is no police presence there. That looked completely like an underfunded mental hospital to me.

On a side note, my wife would not have given the officers the floor, either. That is a decision to be made by a director level, or at least a charge nurse level position. First rule of nursing: never put patients in any kind of risk without a second or third opinion.

She sat and watched this video with me this morning, mouth agape. There was no emergency. THe officers could have waited a moment for the DON/charge nurse to address them. When I ran a call center, we didn't allow officers through our locked door while serving warrants, either. We would have the employee come to HR. It was a common courtesy we were given....by a police force that actually has a really bad reputation in the area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join