It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Originally posted by Hellas
Nice.. So you got a waterphone, too

Never heard of one of them before, sure does sound like the culprit to me.

This sounds exactly like the video sound!

Eveyone listen!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Originally posted by jtma508
This is a load of crap. Just go to the local Terrace newspaper. Check the date (today) and notice not so much a mention of this 'event'.

Utter HOAX.

Actually it did make the news ...

Strange Sounds Heard All Over Terrace This Morning
Explanations range from electromagnetic storm to the second coming
John Crawford
8/29/2013
Was it an elabourate prank? Was it the sound of aliens? Was it the second coming?

Those were some of the suggestions heard today, as many Terrace residents awoke to a rather unearthly sound, which was heard in many parts of the city at around 7:30 this morning.

The sound lasted for roughly 10 minutes -- and was recorded by many people.

This recording was submitted to us by Kimberly Wookey.

www.youtube.com...

Similar sounds have been reported all over the world in recent years -- including Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Various explainations have been offered as to what might be causing the sounds.

A physics professor at the University of Saskatchewan theorized that it's likely electromagnetic noise emitted from auroras and radiation belts.

CFTK-TV Terrace

The video made the news and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

I always wonder when these "sky noises" happen if it has something to do with the cloud in space that our solar system is heading in to? They don't really know what it is, maybe something in this "cloud" is causing these weird sounds. If I heard that, I would crap my pants it's pretty scary, I suppose the unkown is always scary though.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
Actually in this particular case, there was a perfectly reasonable explanation.

CBC News

On Friday afternoon city spokesperson Alisa Thompson said she had a simpler explanation — it was a city worker grinding down the blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened. Kind of gets ground down, and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that," said Thompson. "The video, the YouTube video, is actually right around the corner from the arena, and that's where our employee was doing the straightening."

I found the house on Google Earth, as well as located the reports from the Skeena School and as well another YouTube video of this same sound posted by a totally different user in another part of Terrace, BC. The sound in the other video (link below) is the same, but greatly diminished, although not too far from the location of the OP video.

www.youtube.com...

I know the YouTube poster is emphatic about the sounds being heard 50 miles to the East and West, but, this second video in Terrace, BC was not too far away and the sound was very very faint.

The house in the OP main touted video is about 270 yards from a city reserve lot behind the City of Terrace SportsPlex, where locals and the city clerk claim that the roadscraper blade was being dragged to even out the scraping edge. Given this, and that you can hear a diesel engine laboring in the background as well, I say this has got to be placed in the solved basket.

Why they were scraping at 7:30 am is beyond me.

edit on 30-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bybyots
This one is from 9 months ago and it is currently my favorite.

Despite the nearly impossible difficulty in distinguishing which of these are hoaxes, I find this 'phenomenon' to be irresistible.

Truly impressive storm, but when that video was posted here last year (sometime) those sounds were not part of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Truly impressive storm, but when that video was posted here last year (sometime) those sounds were not part of it.

Awesome, thanks Pauligirl. I would never had known otherwise and would have been left guessing.

Here it is...

I also like pulling out the hoaxes very much. Thank you.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The sound of planet Earth dying from everything humans are doing to it.

That's my theory

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
AS much as I would love for this to be something.. I would have to agree that it is nothing, just a grader scraping its blades. Having worked in construction I know this sound albeit unamplified. that said this would have freaked me out if it was in my town. It wouldn't have sounded like that to the operator or people close to the machine itself.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Give me a PA system, a half-decent laptop, and about and hour or two to download some open source DAW software and use a softsynth called ZynAddSubFX...
You'd be surprised.
(There are others, but I like the free stuff when it works as well as it does.)

Or perhaps a saxophone with a mic and a feedback based distortion pedal? Would still need the big amp though.

Nope, I'm not even close to being a musician. But some of them do have some rather cool toys which make it easy to prank the neighbors, even though doing such causes a public disturbance.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Strange! I wonder if the sounds are always associated with a particular geology? For example, near mountains, or lakes/ocean. The first post in this thread sounds a great deal like Elk sounds to me, but amplified. Maybe elk in the mountains make sounds that are amplified by some unknown natural process?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The city also took credit for this on their Facebook page

On Wednesday morning there was a strange sound heard by some residents. People got to talking about it and what could be making this unusual noise. Extraterrestrial visitors? A sasquatch and a whale having an epic battle? Trolls? Giant metallic bees?

Turns out….. it was us. ...
City of Terrace FB Page

Kinda sucks it has such a mundane explanation.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlliedMintOwl
The city also took credit for this on their Facebook page

On Wednesday morning there was a strange sound heard by some residents. People got to talking about it and what could be making this unusual noise. Extraterrestrial visitors? A sasquatch and a whale having an epic battle? Trolls? Giant metallic bees?

Turns out….. it was us. ...
City of Terrace FB Page

Kinda sucks it has such a mundane explanation.

Mundane?

Someone just posted and challenged the City of Terrance to reproduce the sound.

Brilliantly simple.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
To the OP, I love hearing these kinds of sky-sounds... so weird. It sounds Very loud... and the stereo effects make it really cool.

People have said that they were angels blowing horns. Have you ever been to a symphony or to a Broadway play, where they 'warm up' with their instruments before the big show? That what this sounds like to me... It's ok, they are just warming up, as they say. And yes, I believe that there will be a 'show' coming...maybe soon... possibly the rapture... Definitely will be hearing some trumpet sounds when Jesus comes back to claim the earth again...

30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other
Matthew 24:30-31 NKJV

and this one...

52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corin. 15:52 NKJV

Unless of course, you have a better explanation....

So exciting!!

so..... where exactly is the rapture mentioned IN the bible?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I live in whistler bc, last night was an awsome thunder shower, i work at an arena, the thunder was so loud and

close it was making the zamboni door, a big metal garage door shake, i could hear the rain pounding the roof,

we lost power for a few minutes, was the closet id ever been to a storm of that size.

edit on 30-8-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianESpilner

Release Date for Mass Effect 3
March 6, 2012 NA
March 8, 2012 EU

No i wouldn't think so.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

It kind of sounds like someone beating the crap out of a bagpipe? Could the sound be amplified against the mountains maybe?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It is tough to talk about this. All of us who have experienced something like this KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that there is something to this beyond a hoax. I sympathize with those who call it a hoax and completely agree that this could be EASILY faked, and has been. However any who has heard these noises will testify to how completely scary and bewildering they are....check out my sig post for my experience...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sorry, but what the ****?
I played like 4 seconds of the video and got chills and had to turn it off. Something about that sound is just not right...
I'll play the whole video later when I'm not sitting in a dark room.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I like the idea of the solar system passing through some kind of space cloud that somehow interacts with our atmosphere and produces these sounds.

IMO that is the most likely explanation.

However I do LOVE the mental imagery that the sounds can easily bring to mind:

Aliens sending us a "trumpet" announcement that they are coming soon;

The sounds could be some unknown kind of intelligent signals that the aliens would expect us to decode but we are clueless;

The sounds do sound like whales / dolphins so it's fun to imagine they are directly speaking to our sea creatures through interstellar space;

Also the imagery of metal grinding brings to mind giant spaceships grinding against each other, or moving around / transforming in unknown ways, which produce these sounds.

These images are fun to imagine but I still think the space-cloud idea is most likely.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK

sure,.. a little bit off-topic, but we can do that...

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 NKJV

If you want to pursue this discussion further, might I suggest the ATS Conspiracies in Religion forum, where there are lots of ppl who can share in said topic.

edit on 31/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join