It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

www.youtube.com

Strange Sounds in Terrace, BC Canada August 29th 2013
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I live in a small town in Northern BC, while I was at work I got a txt from a friend who lives in Terrace, a fairly large town a few hours away:

www.google.ca...,-122.752418&sspn=0.386519,1.056747&vp6&t=h&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Terr ace,+Kitimat-Stikine,+British+Columbia&ll=54.489187,-128.566132&spn=0.762592,2.113495&z=10

The whole town was shaken up, when in the morning of an otherwise perfectly peaceful day the skies boomed with this insanely loud 'noise' that then ended in a long, rolling boom. This was LOUD, it pretty much emptied every building in the city.

The sound quality on this is amazing, this is some of the best recorded data on this phenomena. My guess is some kind of spike of celestial radiation, perhaps not even something originating from our Sun, hitting our magnetosphere and ionosphere, and somehow 'punching through' where it resulted in this bizarre harmonic resonance in the sky.

Anyone else have a theory?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Teenage pranksters ?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Im going to have to go with one of the posters on the YT page.

God kinda sucks at trumpet.

Joking aside, you do have to wonder, if this was some "other" sound, would it really sound like that?

I only say this, because I am sure someone is going to take this thread to a "godly" place.
Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It,s not easy learning to play ' like Jimmy
Too much gain and out of tune by the sounds of it

edit on 30-8-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Maybe Douglas Adams was right, maybe dolphins really are the second smartest species on the planet and are trying to warn us....

It sounds just like the sort of communication used by whales and dolphins.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This was not a prank, the people I have spoken to were very emphatic that this was 'loud' in a way that no human technology is capable of. It was heard over a very large area.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How close is this town to the ocean, i wonder if all the various sound events happened near large bodies of water?
What better way to communicate with a species that lives under the water, or hides there.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

I prefer this comment, probably more accurate

Nobody finds it strange that in ALL of these videos, no neighbors are out in the streets looking around? That it's always a LONE camerman looking around? You don't think there would be people running outside with their heads cocked back saying literally "WHAT THE F... IS THAT SOUND"?????

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Now the train sounds became a strange phenomenon. it's just a train maintenance problem.
edit on 30-8-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
sounds like some dragging something across the floor, the short echo suggests inside a building

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'm just asking because someone needs to...

Is it at all possible someone in the middle of town could be playing that sound through some high powered speakers as a joke to scare everyone?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Nobody finds it strange that in ALL of these videos, no neighbors are out in the streets looking around? That it's always a LONE camerman looking around? You don't think there would be people running outside with their heads cocked back saying literally "WHAT THE F... IS THAT SOUND"?????

Same here.

That would be a straight up terrifying sound it if was coming from the sky and so loud. Yet nobody running around outside? Nobody else decided to record it?

Someone probably dragged a chair across a hardwood floor and messed with the audio, and then either mixed it into this vid or they played it on a stereo while recording random outside video.

I could very well be wrong, but it seems so unbelievably odd that nobody else would have recorded this, or been out looking for the source of the sound. If it was as loud as this vid leads us to believe, it would be heard for MILES. I have railroad tracks a few miles from my house I can hear, and the train is much quieter when next it it than the audio in this vid. If that can travel a few miles, the vid's audio should be able to be heared 10-20 miles away in all directions, there would be hundreds if not thousands of recordings of this at the same time, and there aren't. Very suspicious.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
A very loud ''boom'' sound would cause some window breakings. Where windows destroyed there?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by KaiBosh

Teenage pranksters ?

Checking out the name of the uploader, she looks like a middle aged mother of 4 so that pretty much rules out "teenaged prankster".

Story is actually on the local news site: www.cftktv.com... Terrace seems to be a small town in BC so not a big news station. Site and station are legit.

Also found this, video CTV reporting on strange sounds in Canada from last year. Examples they used sound very similar:

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Nice.. So you got a waterphone, too

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
That sounds very similar to the sounds a slow moving fully loaded freight train makes.
The metal wheels moving slowly on the metal rails make that loud screetching horn sound.

it really does sound like metal under heavy pressure or under heavy weight being dragged across another metal object.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

Sounds like a saxophone to me...a bad one

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It amazes me how many people want to write this sort of phenomena off as just a train or something else mundane.

I really wonder if these noises are happening at the southern end of the world near the pole too........

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by hellobruce

Same here.

That would be a straight up terrifying sound it if was coming from the sky and so loud. Yet nobody running around outside? Nobody else decided to record it?

Someone probably dragged a chair across a hardwood floor and messed with the audio, and then either mixed it into this vid or they played it on a stereo while recording random outside video.

I could very well be wrong, but it seems so unbelievably odd that nobody else would have recorded this, or been out looking for the source of the sound. If it was as loud as this vid leads us to believe, it would be heard for MILES. I have railroad tracks a few miles from my house I can hear, and the train is much quieter when next it it than the audio in this vid. If that can travel a few miles, the vid's audio should be able to be heared 10-20 miles away in all directions, there would be hundreds if not thousands of recordings of this at the same time, and there aren't. Very suspicious.

I have to agree with you. Not one other person in that entire town, in a day and age where video recorders and cell phones are EVERYWHERE??

No, I am not buying this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join