It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA authors ‘secret key’ unlocks CIA redactions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I gave it much thought as to where this thread should go. Then I realized mods might move it anyway
But this feels right.

The story of CIA veteran Kevin Shipp is an amazing story of how the CIA has no qualms with eating their own. This story is just as much about the NSA spying as it is about a rogue agency going...well, rogue.

What is most interesting in Kevin's story isn't about PRISM or Mr. Shipp's years of service in the CIA but what happened when he went toe to toe with the agency he spent his life working for. To be clear, he wasn't just some CIA veteran but a man with an astonishing plethora of titles behind him:

Those are the words of Kevin M. Shipp, a former category 1, highly decorated CIA agent who held positions as an agent on the protective detail of the director and deputy director of the CIA, a manager of ongoing operations, an internal Security Officer, a counterintelligence investigator tasked to ferret moles out of the CIA, a Counter Terrorism Center (CTC) officer, a protective operations team leader and a polygraph examiner.

rinf.com...

According to his story to summerize, Kevin Shipp discovered a serious vulnerbility that risked the lives of his fellow CIA agents in the field. After a thorough investigation he sent his finding to CIA heads which "amazingly" never reached its intended destination or so it seemed. So he sent it again to no avail which made him decide on the third attempt to hand carry it to their intended targets. What happened next? Absolutely nothing but this is just the beginning!

Since the CIA couldn't be bothered to plug the leak he sent his report to the Inspector General for the Dept. of State. Long story short the CIA gets rebuked but of course nothing changes....shocker.

But here is where it gets crazy. Mr. Shipp gets reassigned and is provided a new home at the new location. Shortly after living in that house his family begins to become terribly sick but the CIA jsut ignores him. It gets so bad that he reached out to "friends" from the FBI:

It was at this point that he contacted the FBI, an agency where he had made contacts and friendships. Their investigation, in tandem with biohazard teams inspecting Mr. Shipp’s family home, discovered that the house contained toxic substances that would slowly kill them. In fact, the situation was so bad that a HAZMAT team in full gear emptied their home of all of its furnishings, including every personal item once owed by their family. The contamination was so severe that all of the items, from their memorabilia to the children’s toys had to be removed, contained and destroyed as they watched from a safe distance. They lost everything, including their health.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

But this gets better ATS! Ultimately he resigns but before doing so drops this little gem to his superiors:

“The same courage that made me a good CIA agent is the same courage I’m going to use to bring you to justice for what you’ve done to me and my family.”

So Kevin Shipp writes a book that was of course completely redacted. So he writes another book where he battles with the CIA for 2 years to get published only to have some of the best parts (his personal story about his family) redacted. But this man is no sheep! He outwits the CIA and Ill let him explain it.

“The CIA examined every word in every sentence. After a two year battle, they approved [it] for release. Unknown to them I built a code into book – exposing the black outs in Chapter 26. The CIA missed it,” stated Mr. Shipp.

WOW!

So whatya think ATS? Pretty crazy story huh?

The book is "Company of Shadows" and can be bought on his website:

www.kevinmshipp.com...

It a pretty amazing story and really needs to be heard by all. Enjoy!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This does not surprise me at all. While we once may have had some use for the CIA, NSA and FBI that is no longer the case. Not because we don't have a need for intelligence but because these organizations have become so completely corrupted that any benefit they may once have provided is now overwhelmed by the evil they manifest.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Sooo who is the CIA actually working for when they will kill an agent and his family for identifying a leak, unless the leak goes to the very top.
This is were any other Loyal CIA agents need to take there organisation back by any and all means necessary,.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was so intrigued by what I read and heard at some links, I have already ordered the book. Thought I might need to get it before it's gone.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Me too and I am messaging Kevin Shipp to see If he has interest in participating in this thread. Maybe if there are some questions he may be inclined to answer.

I'm responding from my phone as I have some running around to do. Will check back in soon.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Don't buy from Amazon as it doesn't have the code. I went there so I could buy another book as well but had to cancel and reorder from his site.

Rosinitiate, I know you know this but so others don't make the mistake.

edit on 23-8-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Yes, thank you. I thought to mention it but it must have slipped my mind. You must buy from his website that I linked in the OP.

Thanks for calling that out.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So they poisoned this guys house just so they could save face? They wouldn't listen to him so they tried to kill him and his family? Or am I missing something? I am extremely tired so maybe I misunderstood the article.

I know the government hates us proles, but to do this to one of their own seems to show that their paranoia has no boundaries. They also must not be the sharpest tools in the shed if the code was published right under their noses. And these are the people that are "protecting" us, huh? I've known for years the alphabet agencies were a joke, but come on, they've really been lax recently, what with this and Snowden getting the better of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
So they poisoned this guys house just so they could save face? They wouldn't listen to him so they tried to kill him and his family? Or am I missing something? I am extremely tired so maybe I misunderstood the article.

So although I haven't read the book but if you read the article it appears the issue he was trying to share is that anyone with access to the troves of data, you know like NSA contractors, nudge nudge, wink wink, that the US is collecting can easily out a CIA field agent. Because no one wanted to address the obvious concerns is what led him to do what he did

Best i can tell without reading is that its about the NSA spying apparatus.

This is from the article:

We live in a surveillance state where we now have 1,271 sites located inside the U.S. with a domestic mission, contrary to the charter of the CIA and the United States Constitution. CIA operatives have been inserted into all of the fusion centers to collect information about U.S. citizens. And now, they are exploiting the use using of the States Secrets Privilege operate in the shadows, outside of any oversight, and to silence any inquiry, any lawsuit, anyone in Congress, or any citizen from learning just how expansive their operations are.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I sent Kevin Shipp an email asking if he would like to participate in this thread or if he would be ok with additional quesiton via email.
Hopefully he says yes! It should make for quite the discussion!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I hope its possible.......id like to thank him personally for his tenacity and his courage.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thought he might be a good candidate for the new 'Ask Me Anything' forum, but since he is selling a book, maybe not. The 4 reviews on Amazon were all 5 star with ' you can't put this down' due to the information.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That's scary. So it seems the CIA didn't want to risk anything about the leak being exposed. Maybe it was because they didn't want to risk having anyone know about it that could potentially spread it to enemy intelligence? Regardless of their reasoning, I gotta hand it to this guy to actually do some mad spy work, it's not every day you hear stories of encrypted books getting past the CIA.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
interesting, outrageous, but not all that surprising considering the degenerates involved in intelligence.

I just ordered a copy of the book, even though I'm in Australia I'm sure if it's happening in Jew(U).S.A then similar activity is probably happening here. Although I must say before reading the book, I'm that sceptical of any of these intelligence agents that I wouldn't doubt the possibility of it being one of many CIA money making schemes. I could see them saying it now, hmmm how about we get an agent(or someone to play an agent, or even a fictional character) and write a book about....................,and give those truth seekers a lollipop to suck on for a while, it's not like they can do anything about it, they lost control of 'THEIR' government long ago, we own them now.

Someone pull the plug, these sick freaks need to be washed away, anyway I'll re-evaluate what I think of the whole ordeal when I read the book and hear what others opinions/conclusions are on the matter.

star/flag for bringing this to my attention, cheers

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
opens cracker jack box YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS my super secret super agent decoder ring sorry I had to do it

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It hasn't occurred to you that KS is a CIA operative? Or that the entire book is a fraud? "Redatcor Code" ??? what a bunch of crap.............once an 'agent' ALWAYS an agent...............!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Thought he might be a good candidate for the new 'Ask Me Anything' forum, but since he is selling a book, maybe not.

I thought the same thing but there is still too many unknowns about him. I am sure though, if there ever was a group of people to ask the tough questions, it would be ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by YodHeVauHe

It hasn't occurred to you that KS is a CIA operative? Or that the entire book is a fraud? "Redatcor Code" ??? what a bunch of crap.............once an 'agent' ALWAYS an agent...............!!!

Sure it has, I was born at night, not last night. But of course, if an agency decided to go rogue and attempt to kill my family I might decide to sell them down the river too. Just saying.

Do you know who Ray McGovern is? He was also CIA and a vocal critic of George Bush and the lies that got us into the Iraq war. Believe it or not, some people join the CIA and swear an oath to defend the people and our nation from enemies foreign and domestic.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
opens cracker jack box YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS my super secret super agent decoder ring sorry I had to do it

Well hey I'll admit it, that does jazz the book up a bit now don't it? I almost feel like a kid in a candy shop eagerly anticipating his book too. Not just for the story but yes because I get to feel like a code breaker!

Pretty neat but I also recognize it could all be a ruse too. I do like to think I'm a smart enough person to read between the lines.
edit on 24-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I'm actaully thrilled you have to foresight to hold your judgement and opinion until the book is read.

A true scholar!

As I said before, I follow up once/if I hear from Mr. Shipp or after I myself read the book

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join