It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever meet anyone famous? Were they like what you expected?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hi Gazrok, what a fun topic thread.
Actually, I did meet a few such folks...well, they're sorta/kinda famous.

I was originally born and raised in the New York. Jersey and Phillie areas. As a result, I had several gal pals that were models...some from the Barbizon School and other modeling schools/agencies. One of them fixed me up on a blind date with a quite fetching young fella, (was at the time anyhow).
He told me on our date he was going to be an actor...and I said, "Yeah, sure". He all of a sudden went "out of usual character and started taking "crazy" talk and scared the heck outta me. Just when i really started to freak, He laughed and said, that is acting darlin. I believed him after that. It turned out later I recognized him in movies...He was/is Frank Longela (sp). He was quite handsome then and actually fun and nice...was just trying to make a point. He was taking acting lessons in NY. He mostly plays bad guys or creepy parts now.

I also met and spoke with the band members Pantera when they used to play at a club in Shreveport...metal band...cool guys. They have albums/discs out now. One got on a huge speaker and pointed at me and sang directly to me. I was the only one on the upper balcony...way cool!

I met Jonathan Frid, the actor that played Barnabas Collins on tv show Dark Shadows. I also spoke to Jack Lord I think his name was, of Hawaii 5.0 while we were stationed there in Hawaii at Army Schofield Barracks. We were at Tripler Army Hosp. at the time and he was filming there.

I think there were a few others but this dratted full moon has got my brain adled and my memory off and my entire self tired but wired...hate full moon. Hugs to you and your lovely family. I saw wifes pic at members pic section holding the bunny. Adorable. Take care one and all. This Super Moon may cause quake potential some are saying, for a bigger one. Hope not.
edit on 23-6-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Also, I have met most of the local news folks here in Shreveport/Bossier that work at ksla.com and did 2 investigative pieces relevant to chemtrails. They were on youtube and other websites all over the place after that. They did a pretty good job. Better and fair reporting than most others.

I met Jerry Lee Lewis at a club in Jersey and he was so drunk and rude we actually left the club and didn't wait for his show to begin.

When I was a nurse, I took care of one of Bon Jovi's mates that was having operation in NJ Hospital.

I almost forgot about Alan Freed. My gal pal and I were always winning dance contests/trophies and such in the tri-state NE areas and were being considered for a small part in a rock n roll movie as the studio liked our pics also. However, our lives took different turns and we went separate ways. I became a nurse and she became a police detective. Most all the celebs I met were nice except for Jerry Lee. What a pompous/plastered twit he was.
edit on 23-6-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Depends on your notion of famous, some I've met are more UK famous apart from the fist one..More infamous than famous.

Jimmy Savile, the now dead paedophile DJ and TV personality who WAS much much loved by the British public before the truth came out. I used to teach special needs kids and one summer an event was organised at the famous hospital he portered at (as part of a charity thing), a party of our children were invited to come along to a open day where some celebs and local dignitaries were. I noticed Jimmy milling around amongst the more famous crowd but as a fan of his Jim'll Fix it TV show I wanted to shake his hand for that and his charity work, I walked up with 2 kids and said "hello Mr Savile, was a huge fan of Jim'll fix it as a kid and just wanted to shake your hand", he looked at me like dirt, he tried to make polite conversation but clearly was not interested and was looking for someone famous to chat to.

He just walked away without a bye or a greeting for the kids so I quite loudly said "you rude old BLEEP", Jimmy stopped, turned around and smiled at me.

He then started barking orders at this old fellow who seemed to be his lackey?

The man was just an utter tool, totally self absorbed rude old man.

Also met Jonathan Ross and his brother Paul Ross who's also on TV in a minor way, the difference between them is chalk and cheese, Paul is a rude ignorant wannabe famous arse while Jonathan is a really nice bloke who I chatted with for ages as he's a massive game and comics freak like myself, really knows his stuff too. Nice bloke, invited me around to his place with my wife but it never happened because of my work.

Met magician Paul Daniels when I was running an electronics shop, we promoted Atari Computers at the time in Maplin and he was very interested in the games and actually had a game released called the Magic Adventure which he inspired rather than wrote. He came in to show it to me as I was tech for the Atari range, nice bloke, not as bubbly as on stage, more relaxed and private maybe even a little boring but extremely clever, I tried to get him to tell me the secrets of a couple of his stage illusions that he himself designs but I got a crafty smile and no clues.

Still, a nice person...

The one person I so wanted to meet and actually went passed my shop was Christopher Reeve aka Superman (1978), I just noticed this big guy fall head over heels outside the shop and there he was, by the time I got out of the shop to get an autograph he was way off running towards I presume the Hammersmith Theatre.

Well that's my little bit, met others who would be famous to gamers like Archer Mclean (sold him his first disk drive) and Mark King bassist and lead performer in Level 42, both really nice people as was Fergal Sharkey, Raplh Bates (famous Hammer House of Horror actor), Linford Christie ex Olympian sprinter but Nigel Havers the actor was a complete snob.

I'd love to sit down and have a chat with Clint Eastwood or have met Bruce Lee but we can all dream...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I was fortunate enough to attend high school in Paris, France. The American School of Paris. You would be suprised at the number of celebrity children attending that school. All sorts of fame. From prince's to rock and roll hall of famers. To evil dictators and everything in between. A good friend of mine whom will remain nameless. Due to the fact that his father is the king of Qatar. Papa Doc's grand son. Don't know who Papa Doc is? Google it. Chris Stills (Crosby Stills Nash Young) Graduated the same year as me. He was Dick by the way. Eva Green the actress. Attended the same time as me. That's just a few. There were quite a few others. Overall most are down to earth people. Not quite what you would expect. A good thing..
edit on 23-6-2013 by kninjite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Jackie Chan! The man was amazing. Met him while he was in town filming 'The Tuxedo'. Completely humble and down to earth. I'd love to meet him again.

Vin Diesel. I don't like him. He was kind of a jerk.

Rik Emmett. Hugely down to earth person, and ridiculous guitarist to boot!

Christopher Walken. Nothing need be said about him besides 'AMAZING'

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

INDEED

There are many so called 'famous celebrities' that need to remember that it is

'ordinary folk' and in many instances the adulation of youngsters that has put them in the

advantageous positions that they currently enjoy!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In 1970,when I was in the USAF, I went on a Temporary Duty Assignment to Homestead AFB just south of Miami, Florida. Knowing there was a Playboy Club in the area I applied for a Playboy Key Card (Cash only). Me and 2 buddies went to the Miami Playboy Club and while there saw a stand-up comic do his gig; Gabe Kaplan, who would go on to star in the TV series that made John Travolta famous, "Welcome Back, Kotter". After his gig my buddies and I went into the bar and Gabe Kaplan came in. I invited him over to our table for a drink and he joined us for a great time exchanging jokes and being. as I fondly remember, a very friendly, pleasant, down to earth guy.

I have a cousin named Frank Gravis who is a professional musician (bassist, percussion & vocals). He has played wiith Chuck Mangione and Herbie Mann, (among others) and I had the pleasure of meeting both of them and watching them perform in concert and party backstage as a guest. Both are outstanding musicians and gentlemen, as is my cousin.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wok in the tv/film industry and I always wanted to meet Bill Murray and I got to meet the big guy on a kids film I worked on called "city of ember" in 2007.

A great guy who enjoys life and knows how to party. Definitely my favourite actor I've got to work with.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gary Sinise and Little Jimmy Dickens were both nice guys. I don't think I really had an expectation of either of them, but was pleasantly surprised at how friendly both of them were.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not at all...
Former news anchor Sam Xxxxxxxxx, known as 'Penis Giganticus' by his film crew, was kicked off military installations in Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield. He had his crew build a platform slightly higher than the perimeter fence and his desk placed on top. His news was filmed from on top of this platform, making it seem as though he was in the middle of things, when in fact he was not allowed close to anyone.
Another news personality was Christiana Xxxxxxxx, she was a piece of work. In Somalia, she held a news brief with the bad guys every afternoon while they held Warrant Office Durrant. In the background of the news footage was a small yellow tractor...she would not help as little as to guide us to the area of the tractor. Between the destroyed US embassy compound and the burned out Somali University was a single lane road, known as 'sniper alley'. We had to run across the road, between the compounds...unless she was on the road. Not a shot was fired as long as she was there...her and her huge, multicolored, knitted, Jamaican cap...and her twisted, black cigars she smoked.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Closest I have got to meeting a celebrity was seeing Michael Moore. It was during the 2004 elections and he was going around to campuses to "rock the vote". He seemed like he was in a hurry to get out of there. Small town college in Missouri - I was in a hurry to get out of there too.

My mom and a few other relatives saw Morgan Fairchild at Disney World in the early 80's. They said she was awful. The lines were long obviously, and it was so hot people were passing out in the lines. She came and insisted she be put at the front of the line. They let her through, and the people in line all shouted obscenities at her.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Micheal Keaton. This was over 20 years ago when I was still a cab driver in Phoenix Az. I picked up a guy at Sky Harbor Airport and took him to a bar uptown. I told him he looked and sounded exactly like Michael Keaton. He made quick eye contact when he told me that he was his twin brother. I dropped the subject for small talk. I'm not gonna say what type of bar I took him to or what "district" it was in.

He was nice enough, paid his fare and tipped well, that's all that mattered to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I talked to Hulk Hogan for about 45 min to an hour once while waiting in the lost baggage line at Atlanta International. I didn't even know who he was but we got into this long conversation - can't remember what now, it's been many years. My husband at the time, who stood with us in the last 5 - 10 minutes later asked me if I knew who I had been talking to.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Many years ago I met the "Great One" Wayne Gretzky and Wayne Merrick and Don Cherry and a few more I cannot remember it all happened at once.

Went to a bar with a friend and it was a Retro bar even way back then and had a pink Cadillac on the roof.....pool tables and good old rock an roll.

Waltzed in there looking for pool and cold beer and there was a buzz about with the crowd, Turned out the whole sportsman crew was at this local and small bar after attending a "Sportsman dinner award" thing.

We ordered our beer and just as we did the DJ announce the crew that was present and asked nicely to leave everyone alone and enjoy the music.

Fair enough at this time he was an Oiler and at his absolute prime...(Gretzky ...Coffee....Gretzky he shoots HE SCORES!)

So No pool tonight as all the tables are taken, about an hour later the Great One comes over to our table and thanks us for putting up with the disruption at our local watering hole.

He is carrying a beer in the bottle....( Labatts Blue) and his cue stick and I could not get up quick enough to shake his hand and have a chat.

This guy was and probably still is the nicest richest person I have ever met.
This occurred in a border city in Canada that is minutes away from the USA and last call at that time was 1 am here but almost 3 am in the States.

So after our chat he invites us to follow their Limos over the bridge to the USA and he is buying the rounds there.

Unbelievable....so we do just that but US Customs held us up and we never bothered to ask which bar are we going to?

The only thing that I noticed was that he is a very small man for a hockey player and to this day I defend his non fighting stance in hockey because he simply could not defend himself let alone hurt somebody.

Don Cherry was almost as funny as a comic, he has good jokes.

Wayne Merrick was very quiet but very social and talked to us for at least 10 minutes.

Just to let you all know I am male and my friend was male that night so .....No it was not to pick up chicks.

Enjoying this thread, S&F

I once Followed Eddy Shack around our local golf course when I was about 12 years old and he gave me four hats with autographs and about a dozen cut up golf balls.......I still have them all:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Couple more I once met Bob Seager out back of Cobo hall in the mid 70's he actually took the time to meet a greet everyone in our group and it was probably no more than 30 folks but still he did that and I never forgot how nice he was.

He looked very tired but went out of his way to thank each and everyone of us for coming to see him at Cobo Hall.

Second was meeting Bob Ueker of Miller Lite fame, Now I am Canadian so he was not that familiar to me except for the fact that he and his buddies tried to hire my wife for bartender/ and tour guide.

I was working in a Retail situation that sells beer, My lunch time is now and my wife is waiting in the parking lot for me.

So I say to my partner I will see you in an hour, just as I get to the wife's car a motor home pulls up with US Plates on it and about 10 men start unloading to hit our store.

This made me return to the store to help because these guys looked thirsty, Now the head honcho saunters up to the till and I know I know him but can't place it.

Nice guy and full of laughs and bravado, tells us he is going to "Glen Abby" to pre play the Canadian Course for the PGA tournament.
Sure as sheet he ordered 15 x 24 cases of Miller Lite in cans.....
Yes we carried that due to an agreement with Carling Okeef ....
Anyways we got them loaded up and carted out to the Moter home and I went back in the store to get my wallet.

Bob come back in and hands me a $50.00 US bill, I said I cannot accept that as per work rules and he said I saw you get out of your wifes car and come back in to help so take the cash.

I still refused, thats when he got mad at me in a nice way, he then told me who he was and $50.00 was nothing to him.

I laughed and told him he looked familiar and it should have clicked when he ordered the 15 cases of miller Lite beer.

Anyways I still could not accept this, so as he leaves and thanks us again he drops the bill on the floor and says" don't forget to sweep up when you close"

Awesome character, I will never forget just how cool he was, but when all this was going on in the store his buddies were trying to hire my wife as a guide to Toronto......LOL can't blame them as she is very attractive.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've known a lot of famous musicians personally . A couple of actors.
I dont get star struck at all ,and I expect them to just be people .

. I do the horror conventions , asian film fests ,and I was dragged to a few star trek and xena cons . And we are talking stat trek before the next generation ,so I met Michelle Nichols ,George Takei ,and Deforrest Kelly .
Most people are gracious and cool,but not all .

Xena ,mostly supporting cast. Lucy and Renee didn't do east coast stuff ,but I met Tedd ,Kevin Smith,who was awesome .
The girl who played Calisto ,and Karl Urban .
Karl ,even then ,was kind of ...dunno ,arrogant ? He's a great character actor,but I wasn't impressed with him as a person

I met Harrison Ford at 30 Rock,years ago,and he was a complete creep . My opinion of him plummeted .

Ive met a lot of Asian film stars . I know some Japanese rock stars .
Jackie Chan ,Tony Leung ,Jacky Cheung ,Ken Lo ,Any Lau ,Donnie Yen ,Simon Yam ,Sammo Hung,Michelle Yeoh ,Tak Sakguchi ,bunches of others .

I've met a lot of famous people,in all kinds of situations and most are cool . I never expect them to be some persona they express in the medium of their choice . They're just people

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Again, not at all...
I have been an extra in two movies.
The first, The Formula with George C. Scott. I happened to be in Berlin when they were shooting the film. I was asked to play a US Army Officer in the scenes when Scott is at Tiegle Airport and about to depart. He is a little short person that stood on boxes to make him as tall as the German detective. He never spoke to anyone.
On the other hand, when William Shatner (Captain Kirk of Star Treck fame, was searching for spots to film his Sci-Fi movie 'Area 51' or sometimes called 'Groom Lake'. He was a perfect gentleman, took time to say hi to everyone and had a stellar reputation. WHen some people tried to make trouble, our group took him and we shot darts and drank a beer. When he left, he told his associate to take all our names and make sure we were invited to be extras in the movie. He was good to his word...quite the opposite of Scott, Christiana Xxxxxxxx or Sam Xxxxxxxxx...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by windword

I am a big Alice Cooper fan. I always liked his music growing up. (even the garbage he did for the contract) But mostly because he seems like such an interesting guy. He golfs, he rocks, he isn't a drugged out space cadet, and everyone seems to say the same things about him being a real nice guy. I remember years ago he took an interest in a young stock car driver. He helped him our a bit. That guy is Kasey Kahne. I guess he has an eye for talent.

Nice list of celebs. Also a big CSNY fan. Old Black Sabbath fan too, but I doubt Ozzy can remember much about that time frame. [/quote

I was a big Alice fan too - but after Flush the Fashion, I was done.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Guys - uhm - this is really poor form.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join