It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever meet anyone famous? Were they like what you expected?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've gone to a few conventions, so I've gotten to meet quite a few celebrities. Some were just brief photo ops, others, long conversations.

It's amazing how some really differ from their characters, yet others are EXACTLY who you'd think they are...
Most of mine, are in the Sci-Fi genre, of course, due to the Cons...

Some examples.

John De Lancey - The guy who plays Q on Star Trek...actually a very quiet and reserved guy, completely different than his character.

Tone-Loc (rapper) - Actually one of the most polite, nice guys you'd ever meet (and that dude knows how to dress)

Sal Rubinek and Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13) - These guys are EXACTLY like their characters on the show, when they are working together. Eddie really is Pete, in every way.

I could list a lot of others (and will if you like), but curious as to who other people have met, and if they were as they expected.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Literally bumped into Tom Cruise in London in a baseball cap and shades, he said "sorry" and I said "you are Tom Cruise" gobsmacked, he said "sure am" and walked off lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Mick Jagger owns a castle a couple of miles away from my house and often during the Summer period he pops over to our village in his shorts and flip flops for the flea markets, i have met him a couple of times and even shared a beer with him...

He is quite a humble and timid chap with a great sense of humour.

We also have a famous drummer from a very well known Uk band from the 80s who lives in my village and has been semi-retired for about 10 years although his group have just set up a European tour again for the Summer period.

I can't give away his name or the group as he and his wife are very good friends of ours... however, one of the most charming and big hearted people i have ever met... (even though he is covered in tattoos and looks like a hoodlum!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My friends and I waved to Weird Al at California State fair and he yelled to us "Thanks for coming to the show!" He is a good guy with a sense of humor in person.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I played in a golf tournament last weekend and was paired with an MMA fighter. Since I don't follow that, I didn't know if it was a big deal or not. His name is Luke Rockhold. He was a super nice guy and played pretty good golf. We had quite a few beers and enjoyed the afternoon. The tournament was for wounded warriors and the local SF group. Great cause and I was impressed that he came all the way from CA to participate.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I literally bumped into Dustin Hoffman at a supermarket on Maui. I was sent to get limes, for the bartender at the restaurant I worked for, but I had battery problems, so I left the car running. Obviously I was in a hurry, and ran straight to the limes, just a Mr Hoffman was turning away with a bag of limes, and smack!

He was unshaven with tossled hair, wearing flip flops, swim trucks and a T shirt. He probably thought I was a fan stocking him because he stepped backed and screamed!

I muttered "Excuse me.", but other than that, I payed no attention to him and got my limes. At the checkout counter the cashier asked me if I knew who I bumped into? By that time, he was surrounded with people wanting his autograph.

I waited on Goldie Hawn. She was an insufferable biotch!

I also waited on Alice Cooper and his sons. They were delightful and engaged me in a conversation of metaphysics and numerology!

I waited on Ozzie Osborn, a long time ago. He pointed at me from across the room and said "I want her to wait on me!" I don't know why, but, I was pregnant at the time. He was with David Crosby who let his little daughter dance on the restaurant tables!

edit on 21-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Mother Teresa. She was very small. She was very quiet. But when she spoke, everyone went silent and made an effort to listen. I wondered if God made her that way ... to make people have to shut up so they could listen.

Wayne Rogers (from MASH). He was at an outdoor cafe in Tokyo (mid 1980s). He was with a few people including a young blonde woman who was looking daggers at me. I chuckled inside. The dude was old even back then and here was this young (drunk?) blonde acting all hollywood over this guy. (he was nice).

I met a few 'biggies' in the Catholic church back in the 1990s. Most people here wouldn't recognize the names. Fr Stephano Gobbi. Fr. Ken Roberts (he seemed stuck up). Mother Angelica (awesome). Cardinal Arinze (VERY nice man and has a good head on his shoulders).

Kevin Sorbo and Henry Winkler at Comic Con. I didn't really talk to them. Just walked near them in the crowd. They were very nice to everyone and polite and down to earth. Henry Winkler had a nice warm smile. Walked by William Shatner in the crowd as well. He seemed VERY tired. Technically that wasn't a 'meet' ... it was more of a being around them in a crowd .... but those are the impressions I got.

edit on 6/21/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I met Jane Fonda,she was very nice,gave me her autograph.I also met Leonard Nemoy,also very friendly,got his autograph as well.

I got both of their autographs on a baseball cap,which I have to this day.(met them both in the late 70's)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

hey i've bumped into tom cruise aswell
but its now no surprise to me considering the scientology churches that were near by
edit on 21-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I met Bill Gates. He was a lot smaller than I expected, very serious and seemed in a hurry to deal with our small group and move on.

I have met a few minor soap opera/band celebrities. What struck me most was that in person their pores were much larger than most people. But on camera they blended in and you could not see that.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sebastian Bach from Skid Row, the best ive ever seen, and U.D.O, both those guys go beyond my expectations, also Kevin Dubrow was a nice guy, they where beter than i expect, worst: vince neil. Cheers!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I met Charles Schulz, creator of Peanuts....super nice guy!!
I also met (when I was working) Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty and Rose McGowan...they were going to a meeting about a new show about witches. Alyssa is the most outgoing and friendly person I have ever met. She is very much like Phoebe in Charmed.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I met Anna Paquin and a band from Finland. I was so nervous both times because I was so worried but they are all really great people and so polite. My Grandma wanted me to ask Anna for a job bit that would have been rude and she was too sweet, though I would love to be her friend. They were all people you would want to hang out with, go shopping, play video games...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I met quite a few but I'm not the worshiping celebrities type. That being said and Weird Al being an important part of my musical life since I was a kid, If I ever would meet him I would loose my sh!t,

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh these people will not mean anything to people in the USA but Kevin Webster (played pool against him) and William Roache (served him in my pub) both from Coronation street.
Oddly enough Micheal de ville (kevin webster) and William Roache are both due in court on sex offence charges.

Quite a few in my London Pub..the boy band Blue (chucked them all out for bothering my nurses) Dale winton (smashing fella bought the whole pub a drink) Prince Phillip very nice and drank a half a pint while the Queen opened a wing of a Hospital and Patsy Palmer drop dead gorgeous, she walked past my pub I ran out and wolf whistled she turned around and gave me a smile and a wink.
edit on 21-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've met quite a lot of celebs over the years due to my job.

The coolest two were Tim Conway and Harvey Korman. They warmed themselves up by giving all of us backstage a 20 minute private show, before the curtain went up.
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy as a whole are some of the nicest down to earth people too.

The worst celebs I meet have to be the musicians who were big once, but not now. David Clayton Tomas (Blood Sweat and Tears) tops that list for me.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by Gazrok

I met Charles Schulz, creator of Peanuts....super nice guy!!
I also met (when I was working) Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty and Rose McGowan...they were going to a meeting about a new show about witches. Alyssa is the most outgoing and friendly person I have ever met. She is very much like Phoebe in Charmed.

Alyssa Milano.... you lucky person you!

I have always had a secret little thing for her!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I met his father, Frankie Yankovitch. He played for a fundraiser I worked on with his "adopted" daughter. Danced all night to his music! That was such a blast!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I am a big Alice Cooper fan. I always liked his music growing up. (even the garbage he did for the contract) But mostly because he seems like such an interesting guy. He golfs, he rocks, he isn't a drugged out space cadet, and everyone seems to say the same things about him being a real nice guy. I remember years ago he took an interest in a young stock car driver. He helped him our a bit. That guy is Kasey Kahne. I guess he has an eye for talent.

Nice list of celebs. Also a big CSNY fan. Old Black Sabbath fan too, but I doubt Ozzy can remember much about that time frame.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Matthew Lillard-Exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, what you would expect.

Ive met a few others, as well as a few athletes (most of whom are a-holes), but Mathew Lillard is the one that really sticks out.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join