It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus crisis deepens: Bailout rejected, BANKS MAY NOT REOPEN!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Senduko

They also have this thing called 1euro jobs... look it up, because of this they manipulate the unemployment rate.

Yeah the one euro jobs. You know that those are for people that have been unemployed for a really, really long time right, so that they can get back into the normal rhythm of the "Alltagsleben"? So they can't affect unemployment because the people are already on the books as unemployed!

Actually it does manipulate the unemployment rate, since people who do those jobs aren't officially listed as unemployed anymore. The same goes for people that do other stuff (Maßnahmen) like trainings and such.

On topic, as far as I know it was the Cyprus government's idea, not the Germans, to collect a share from the 'little' people's savings. But Cyprus didn't want to scare off too many wealthy people putting their money into the banks there.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You people need to look at the bigger picture here. IMF doesent want money from the peasants this time, they are after Russian money. 10% of savings from 800,000 Cypriots is peanuts for IMF - they want 10% of hundreds of billions$ that Russians have stacked in Cypriot banks over the time. Cyprus has always been a laundry machine for the Russians.

Im pretty sure that Russia will bailout Cypres, but nevertheless it will be intersting to see how all this plays out.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If this isn't a HUGE WAKE UP CALL to everyone with a bank account then you are completely lost.

I am amazed this hasn't started bank runs in the PIIG nations.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I started pulling most of my Money out of my Account to buy some Supplies incase the worst happens. Because the Chance is very high that,as soon as the Banks in Cyprus open up again,those Banks will collapse immediately (because the Cypriots will pull out alle their Money,no Question),triggering CDS and whatnot,dragging one Bank after another with them.

It doesn´t matter what happens now,be it fresh Money or something else...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraTen
When will the sheeple learn? I mean, really, what else can be said? See, here's the thing, it's not your "money". It's their "money". It's their paper! It's their ink! It's their banks! The only thing you own is time! You chose to trade your time for their money. Alot of the things people get mad at, have been agreed upon. No one put a gun to your head and said, accept our money; use our corrupt banking system. Y'all did that by choice.

Money doesn't represent time.

Money represents a debt. You trade your freedom for money when you get a loan. All money originates from a loan or debt. There is not enough outstanding money in the system to pay for all of the loans. The system is designed for perpetual debt growth and inflation.

It IS their money. The fact that any given dollar exists means they loaned it to somebody somewhere. Someday the Federal Reserve is going to want it back, plus a little interest...

The thing is nobody really has a choice other than to be slaves to the bank's system. If you want to do things like eat and have a home you have to pay for that with the Federal Reserve's debt notes. Even if you operate bank free and have the cash to buy stuff without needing a loan you are making transactions with the same paper debt currency. Taxes (pretty much mandatory) are paid in the Federal Reserve notes or electronic equilivant BY LAW.

They wont put a gun to your head to force you to use it, but they will put you in a prison if you owe them enough or if you try to create a different currency. Federal Reserve has a true monopoly with their product and they won't even allow competitors.

If you are going ot privatize the monetary system then we should have fair and open market competition right? Why is it just the Federal Reserve??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
why are so many people criticizing the non bailout? banks SHOULDNT be given bailouts. ever. any country.
its a shame these people have to suffer through this mess, but the only way out of a broken game, is to lose and rebuild.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I dont understand why 800,000 Cypriots need 17 billion Eu.

Thats more than 20,000 eu each person.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was having a discussion here at work.
One of my coworkers pointed out that many banks bought greek debt.
Not sure if that's true. But it's certainly plausible.

www.golemxiv.co.uk...

A failed debt laundering scheme.

I can’t sell my debt. you can’t sell yours. At least not enough and not at a decent rate. But if we agree to buy each others debt then we can both tell the world – we have buyers who want out debt – good for the credit rating. Plus we both now have an ‘asset’. You have my promissory note, I have yours. We are both banks so our credit is good – especially because neither of us seems to be having any trouble selling our debt – so we can legitimately count each others debt as good quality. In fact, because we are financial institutions who know about money – we can mark this ‘asset’ to model. Which means we can mark its value as anything the hell we want. – So we do – full AAA face value. Brilliant we were both broke, now we both have a valuable asset. Good for the balance sheet.

Looks like the house of cards is falling. And the people to blame are the banks & politicians.
But as usual the people pay the price.

They should of taken the 10% deal.
edit on 20-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Good Call. The Rockefeller fortune is unknown but could be Hundreds of Billions.

John D. Rockefeller is the richest American who ever lived. At the time of his death in 1937, Rockefeller was worth the equivalent of $340 billion in today's dollars. Lin k

These are the very same Banking Families that want to raid Cyprus of the very little they have left. It's disgusting

That´s what they have done for hundreds of years, their tactics are tought down the generations, and it´s all they know how to do. They won´t change their ways since it has served them VERY WELL INDEED. They are just following their "grand plan".

You are forgetting about Rothschild however, that family makes Bill Gates look like a beggar.

Incidentally, their are also all jews...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

We need to keep in mind not to personify an entire country and assume their political officials represent the interest of the masses.

I see how the U.S. moves in direct contradiction to the will of the many and aligned with the will of corporations and elite organizations. At the same time I see we are consistently fed lies and half truths to justify laws and bills that would otherwise be outrageous.

Does this mean we are responsible for the crimes of our leaders? Are we responsible for the debt that they make in our name? And is it fair that they get a free pass while we are often left cleaning up the mess?

So lets not talk like the citizens of Cypress are without a doubt the cause of their debt, and deserve to be punished as a result of those who claim to have made decisions in their name irresponsibly.

When you are promised during a campaign things that are not reasonable, and then when the official delivers their promise at the cost of future generations just to maintain their posture. It is the official who is at fault, after all they are the ones managing the funds and information. It is not like the average citizen is balancing the ledger, that is what we pay the officials for.

It could be compared to promising a child what ever they want and then running your household bankrupt, and as a result losing everything, except in this case we are passing the debt to a child who was not in a position of responsibility when the debt was created.

edit on 20-3-2013 by nw15062 because: Placing jelly beans...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

i have always wondered why he didnt just buy one of the smaller bankrupt nations and then try a new experimental type of government or something as some kind of massive research project in to how governments work. While Mr gates does give a lot to charitable donations and what not i think the bulk of his wealth wont do anything until he dies as he has allready said he wont leave it all to his children.

i just hope that this dosent end up in widespread chaos for Cyprus and that an end to the crisis comes sooner then later

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Out of curiosity, where does Forbes rank the Rotheschildes, Rockefellers, Princes, Queens, and others in the world? Anyone know?

Nope! I am quite sure they are invisible for a reason!! And that reason is???? Drumroll please............They want to remain invisible so that they don't become the hunted by those whom they have enslaved and murdered by their greed and arrogance!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

The answer is quite simple actually. The banks took their deposits, gambled with them, and lost. It's the typical gamblers addiction. They lost a good portion of their bankroll, but the problem is now the debt is coming due. Rather than get a loan to cover the debt, they want to get another loan to try and gamble their way out of the situation using the same strategy that got them there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Cyprus has more banks per person than almost any other country in the world.
Their supposed debt is around 18 billion but the problem is that this number is supposed.
If the banks are insolvent which they are then it is much worse. They are holding 100's of billions of monies from around the world.
This would be similar to the United States running up a debt to ooooh about 14 trillion......but the population was only say 50 million people........those numbers are guestamates but do the math.

Cyprus is to Russia the same way Switzerland and the Cayman Islands are to the West.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 20-3-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Top Economists: Iceland Did It Right … And Everyone Else Is Doing It Wrong

www.washingtonsblog.com...

either its done the proven right way
or the politicians are, like we have seen in the US, completely pussed out and on the take

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Lets not assume the Icelandic route is the easy path, in fact it is far from it, that is why many politicians choose not to take that path if possible.

With a long term perspective in mind the Icelandic route will be the most prosperous, but in the short term the most challenging, as the promise of security is removed, and the nation is left to stand on their own legs.

The EU offers promises of security, much like an insurance agency for medical, however, delivering on that security is proving to be just the same as well.

I think each community should be self sufficient in all the requirements of life, such that all food, clothing, shelter, and energy can be derived entirely from the community. So that trades of extra resources and goods can occur but a shortcoming of resources does not conflict with the well being of the people, nor does one group of people fall to the mercy of any other group for survival.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Better yet, coin your own currency as Libya did.

Um, yeah, please don't. I don't want to see Warlord Obama declare another no-fly zone and bombard Cyprus with Tomahawk missiles.

Iceland is the way to go!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

When will the sheeple learn? I mean, really, what else can be said? See, here's the thing, it's not your "money". It's their "money". It's their paper! It's their ink! It's their banks! The only thing you own is time! You chose to trade your time for their money. Alot of the things people get mad at, have been agreed upon. No one put a gun to your head and said, accept our money; use our corrupt banking system. Y'all did that by choice.

so tell me friend, which banking system do you use ..all of us sheeple didn't realize we had a choice

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
1. Reprint the Cypriot pound

2. Bail from the Eurozone and stop using Euros

3. Done... that's it... This will save Cyprus.

Edit: Lol... I had to share this one with you all

edit on 20-3-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Eeeeh, what?

What other alternative do you have but to use their paper? Right, nobody pulled a gun over your head but don't you know that there are other ways to force someone do something? Like offering no other alternative?

If you decide that you wont exchange your time for their paper, how will you get the stuff you need to stay alive like food or even in some places, water?

Sure, if you live outside the cities and have a house with a big land (paid with i don't know what), you could grow your own food and all, but if you need to do anything with the government (like drivers license, insurances, etc.) i don't think they will agree to trade a chicken or two for a year of driving on the streets.

So, IMO, we are forced to use this money system even if we don't have a gun pointed at us. It's a more subtile form of bullying.

I may be wrong and i beg you to prove it to me if you can. Tell me how we can avoid using any of their money and still get a decent quality of life in 2013? But don't tell me : go to another country, since leaving a country costs money, even the passport to cross the borders isnt free. Unless you have a mean of transportation free of charge that can cross oceans or cover great distances without needing fuel or anything and can't be detected by customs. But that will makes you an outlaw since you entered illegally in a country.

Peace out.

edited to add : Also, i don't know any employer that pays cash, only checks or direct deposit in a bank account, so another reason we are forced to use the banks.
edit on 20-3-2013 by bigwig22 because: add stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join