It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus crisis deepens: Bailout rejected, BANKS MAY NOT REOPEN!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Cyprus crisis deepens: Bailout rejected, banks may not reopen.

Banks on the Mediterranean island may never reopen, Germany warned after lawmakers late Tuesday turned down a $12.9 billion deal that would have seen Cypriots lose up to 10 per cent of their bank deposits.

Banks were ordered to remain closed after finance officials predicted a run on savings and a huge outflow of capital if they were to reopen.

Even before the deal was rejected, Cypriot Finance Minister Michalis Sarris was already in Moscow working on an alternative plan to extend loans by using the island’s natural resources as a guarantee, according to English-language Cyprus Mail newspaper.

Whats that peasants, dont want to give us 10%? Well guess what, you get NOTHING!

Believe this crap!?

They get us one way or another. Youre either going to be invaded or starved.

"extend loans using the island's natural resources"???

Look people of Cyprus.

You dont need any of this.

REJECT the Rothschild debt based central banking scheme.

Declare sovereignty, tell the EU to get lost and follow the Icelandic model.

Better yet, coin your own currency as Libya did.

edit on 20-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+58 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Everyone should follow the Icelandic model.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The plan is now to "blackmail" the Cypriot people by withholding ALL their cash saving from them indefinitely, until they agree to the 10% robbery instead, at which point the banks will reopen for a brief moment, the bank-rush happens which completely empties them of banknotes until they have to close again... This time for good or until they manage to print additional currency(thereby inflating the currency massively, essentially robbing the cypriot people AGAIN)

Of course they can always kick the bankers out, start a new independent bank, print their own money backed by their natural resources, and quickly become an economic powerhouse on the world market.

The choice is theirs.
edit on 20-3-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Look people of Cyprus.
You dont need any of this.

Well, they need something.
Both Cyprus, and its banks are bankrupt.

The issue was that they need 17 Billion Euro to dig themselves out of that hole they're in.
Europe was willing to throw in 10 Billion, but only on the condition that the Cypriots themselves also contributed, to the tune of 5.8 Billion on bank deposits.

(other cash comes from other sources also, but thats not relevent to this discussion)

The Cypriots have said NO!
So thus the bankrupt state of Cyprus and its banks remains the same... bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah about the Iceland, it's amusing to see it has been banned from the news here in Belgium. It's really like the country disappearedor never even existed.

This also proves the amount of propaganda/pull the EU has to its disposal.

The thing is EU is facing a problem i'm sure they didn't think of... They are putting the country' to a bankruptcy and then "aiding" them with EU support so EU gets more power in the country itself.

But it seems the EU has everything but power since it clearly doesn't want any country to leave the EU.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Cut the BS and end the demagoguery.

In the first place, WHY did Cyprus needed the loan? Had the banks there been doing honest trading?

Fact is - the Cypriot bankers lost a huge amount of depositors money, and now need to borrow money to shore up the balance sheet of the banks.

And now you and your irresponsible kind trying to pin the blame on others outside Cyprus?

With your kind around, no wonder we mankind are always at war with one another. It seems humankind's minds can easily go into suspended animation and be lied to easily to hate and hurt one another.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Am I really reading this? Do you honestly believe the Cypriots are the ones to blame? I'm amazed how many times i'v come across a member who's display or names uses some form of Truth in it and then have such a blatantly ignorant view of the world

The Cypriots are labrats. EU is looking to firm its grip on our country's. Looking for ways we can become bigger slaves then we are today. They want us to owe them.

EU started out as a way to ease up the trade between country's. No country was ever told when signing this agreement that it would have to sell its cultural inheritance and sovereignty.

Stop buying into this propaganda will ya.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Bill Gates is now worth $67 billion.

Released today, Forbes' ranking of the richest people on the planet found Gates' fortune up $6 billion this year.
Link

Bill Gates could pay this "Debt" off himself and still have a cool $54 Billion left, he might have to Slum it for a little while, but I'm sure it would be character building.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I do enjoy reading FICTION at times, just for laughs, and I did enjoy your above post. Afterall, this is a conspiracy site anyway.

However, ATS motto is to deny ignorance and we DO have to live in the real world. Best stick to it and stay off the mind bending convoluted fiction you like to dream up and make others think it is truth.

Get REAL, will ya?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, I posted on another thread that when they extended the "holiday" to Thursday that I wondered which thursday they were referring to.

No surprise to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The disparity is becomming too obvious between rich and poor.....
Its all about the poor having to support this sick system.
World wide the awakening is accellerating......the time is almost ripe to change all this, as the scales of ignorance are removed from our eyes.....
This is an engineered collapse, which will leave the poor even poorer and the rich far wealthier than ever.....
Our only hope is to cut straight through this bullcrap....
Comeon people!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
germany warns cyprus banks may never reopen

Germany's finance minister has warned Cyprus that its crisis-stricken banks may never be able to reopen

www.bbc.co.uk...

euobserver.com...

and the EU has just given the ECB control of the eurozone banks

EU lawmakers agreed on Tuesday to allow the ECB to police euro zone banks,

en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com...

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My heart goes out to these poor people, and all victims of the banking scam that was pulled on the public.
Average, working and middle class people are footing the bill for the 'mistakes' of the bankers.
A few people have been getting very rich from all of this and it stinks.

As a lovely, elderly Cypriot lady said on the news yesterday, this is Germany waging another war.
World War 3 has started and it's a financial war.
The Cypriots, Greeks, Italians, Spanish and many others are being forced from their homes, selling their possessions, losing their jobs and eating from rubbish bins and food banks because of a corrupt few and because of Germany.

It's disgusting but the worrying thing about it is that nobody is really talking about it, everyone thinks it's some distant, far away issue in some half ass European, nothing country, but just wait... Wait until it's your country and your house and your job.

And it will be.
edit on 20-3-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
Everyone should follow the Icelandic model.

To quote an Icelander...

We Icelandic people are tired of all these pro Iceland stories that are quite simply untrue. We are struggling, our nation was devastated, no bankers were jailed and most of these people responsible for running our nation into the ground are still doing great and getting back to business as it were.

I suggest you read some truth rather than magical fantasy fairy story legends...

Because I’m tired of you people spreading untruths
Since people continue to spread the factually dubious statement that Iceland “told creditors & IMF to go jump, nationalised banks, arrested the fraudsters, gave debt relief and is now growing very strongly, thanks” I find I have to write this here thing.

link

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
As a lovely, elderly Cypriot lady said on the news yesterday, this is Germany waging another war.
... and because of Germany.

Conversation...

Me: I havnt got any money. I spent it all on booze. Hey you, lend me 50 dollars!!
stargatetravels: umm... no.
Me: Oh, you're waging war on me! Its all your fault I'm broke!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well your post certainly proved something alright

If what your seeing on the news is "your" truth then fine, personal universe I get that. I mean you most have a much nicer world to live in.

having a government working for your best interest and all.. Honest politicians... Having unbiased news channels.

I wish I took the blue pill.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Senduko because: Blue not red lol

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

Those "worlds richest list" are not entirely factual, they are mostly based on public income records, since the companies these super rich people own are so huge all the data is usually in the public domain. But what none of these lists take into account is the huge sums of money stashed in offshore bank accounts, or the masses of wealth which have been passed down through certain family lines for generations and tend to get forgotten in the river of time. There are people much richer than Bill Gates in reality.
edit on 20/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Your heart goes out to the people suffering, but you most certainly have no heart for germans, to pin the blame on germany for cyprus govt and bankers greed.

Had Germany pointed a gun at educated and elected men to frivolously screw around with depositors money?

Had Germany pointed a gun at them and demanded they ROB all depositors of whatever that is left in the bank now in order to get a loan?

Truth is, the Cyprian govt and bankers made that decision to screw depositors money, The idea to ROB all depositors money came from the Cyprian govt, NOT germany. EU was shocked with their idea but had told them to spare those less well off, but the Cyprian govt - Russian mafia lapdogs, and traitors, wanted to tax all including their own people.

Stop blaming Germany and EU for the ills of the greedy Cyrian govt and bankers. Germany is not anyone's whipping boy anymore. They had long paid the past, and even today, had been paying and paying for others greed and mistakes.

Enough is enough with the lies and falsehoods! IT is often falsehoods that lead us all to wars by the greedy and selfish. End the BS.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
When will the sheeple learn? I mean, really, what else can be said? See, here's the thing, it's not your "money". It's their "money". It's their paper! It's their ink! It's their banks! The only thing you own is time! You chose to trade your time for their money. Alot of the things people get mad at, have been agreed upon. No one put a gun to your head and said, accept our money; use our corrupt banking system. Y'all did that by choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As I was reading about this last night, Cyprus may just pull clear out of the European Union and tell Germany and the rest where to shove their ideas of Unity ..where it seems Cyprus gets to give for everyone else to feel united.

Personally, I hope they do. It's obscene what has happened. The legal government of Cyprus (you know, all that democracy B.S. the Western Governments say is SOOOO important??) determined the deal sucks and won't do it. Now, it's *FORCE* Cyprus to do the bidding of the EU and literally rob their own people.

Isn't that whole 'forcing nations to do things against their will' business part of what the Western nations are rampaging around the world claiming to stand against? ...err.. unless it's about money where they need some of it. Indeed... Then principle is nothing but what works at a grade school. Values?? What are those?! Just numbers on a store price tag, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join