It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus crisis deepens: Bailout rejected, BANKS MAY NOT REOPEN!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As another poster said, this is blackmail.

Basically, if you don't open your wallet and give us 10%, we'll just hold it shut so you can't use it.

I had read somewhere that the Cypriot Parliament was between a rock and a hard place, because on one hand the Russian mafia was sending them death threats if they capitulated and voted for this "bail-in". On the other hand is the ECB / IMF, screaming for their pound of flesh.

The Cypriots probably would rather deal with the screaming than being assassinated, so they voted it down. Now the ECB has put the clamp-down on their banks.

What a sad, ugly situation, with a bunch of innocent people caught in the middle.

We here in the US are acting like it could never happen here. Never say never. What is going on overseas is a prologue for our own crisis, which I guarantee will be a thousand times uglier than in Cyprus.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Good Call. The Rockefeller fortune is unknown but could be Hundreds of Billions.

John D. Rockefeller is the richest American who ever lived. At the time of his death in 1937, Rockefeller was worth the equivalent of $340 billion in today's dollars. Lin k

These are the very same Banking Families that want to raid Cyprus of the very little they have left. It's disgusting

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
NO ONE or ORGANISATION placed a clampdown on Cyprus banks.

IT's their territory and they can open it anytime they wish.

The ONLY thing stopping them is that...is there any money left there after the cyprian govt and bankers had squandered it all years back???

Russia will willing to help - 'just give us your sovereignity and resoures'.

EU is willing to help - ' acknowledge the banking errors of the past, reform and correct them, and co -fund the bailout loan'. But this had been rejected by the cyprian govt - russian mafia lapdogs.

And cypriots get to be misled and made to suffer, and worse, made to blame others instead of the real culprits - the cyprian govt - ruling party and opposition.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nothing will change until Citizen's Arrests are made, trials are held and public executions of bankers and their ilk are made.

Maybe the Cypriot people don't have guns, but I'm sure they have rope.

As my last signature line says...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels

As a lovely, elderly Cypriot lady said on the news yesterday, this is Germany waging another war.
World War 3 has started and it's a financial war.

Except Germany is not waging another war and is certainly not the one pulling the strings. They happen to be the largest (growing) economy in the EU so they get to call the shots when it comes to bailout's because the taxpayers of Germany (the poor) are paying largest portion of the bill for the Cypriots.

It is just one big fat hoax. The banks are untouchable, the politicians get their portion, the rich have nothing to worry about but the working men - they pay their bills and the bills of Portugal and Spain etc. The euro system is designed so that it may crash. That is crystal clear, but why?

Does anyone know why they deliberately made a system so it can crash in 15 years time?

edit to add....all of the smaller economies like Cyprus and Iceland and Spain etc, they were all doing fine on their own and with their own currency. Only when they were made to play with the big boys did the problems start.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Germany IS waging a financial 3rd war... I wouldn't call it a World War however Germany's Intend speaks for itself.

Germany has such a great economy for several reasons.. The most important reason is because we gave them a financial superpower after the second war. ( Made in Germany )

Secondly Germany has some twisted laws in practice... Or in their case lack of.
Germany has no minimum wage. ( this effects allot)

They also have this thing called 1euro jobs... look it up, because of this they manipulate the unemployment rate.

Did you know that Germany imports Czechs and polish people to workcamps where they work 60 hours a week for about 400€ ?

I'm no racists, but how fast can we forget.. We shouldn't keep a grudge, but we shouldn't allow a country who caused so much pain 60 years ago let them take the moral high ground today.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911

Bill Gates is now worth $67 billion.

Released today, Forbes' ranking of the richest people on the planet found Gates' fortune up $6 billion this year.
Link

Bill Gates could pay this "Debt" off himself and still have a cool $54 Billion left, he might have to Slum it for a little while, but I'm sure it would be character building.

Out of curiosity, where does Forbes rank the Rotheschildes, Rockefellers, Princes, Queens, and others in the world? Anyone know?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Ever since the 60's people from other countries would do anything to come and work in Germany. I even have immigrant family there. As well as those Polish people you talk about who went to Germany to make money. Nobody is forcing them to work, they are certainly not 'imported' and 400e is big money to them because they would get less in Poland.

This is a thread about EU economy and bailouts and for you to come here and talk about the ww2 makes me not wanna debate with you.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yeah, the Icelandic model is only a partial success. It is true that some bankers were charged although not many have been convicted yet.

The model probably saved Iceland from having to declare bankruptcy and saved the nation from poverty as such. Hopefully more of the banker bastards will be convicted in the coming years...

Oh yeah, and our GDP is on the rise...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They cannot steal anyones money. Period.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hope Americans are paying attention. I advise all of you to go to your bank, withdraw all of your monies, and never look back. If the people take all their monies out of the banks, they will be forced to close...and who needs those scumbags anyways!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This whole situation stinks. It's ripe with corruption and big business scratching each others backs for the better good of the global elite. As one poster mentioned before, it's only a matter of time before this is happening to YOU and ME and it's no longer thousands of miles away in Europe - it will hit home in America and it will hit hard. Just think about all the people close to you..try to understand that they keep every dollar they have in their local trustworthy bank. The people will not know who to revolt against, as the rich do not live among us...they certainly don't shop among us or dine amoung us. They live a life of oppulance and greed eating off silver platters and sipping fine wine while the common street trash drink flouridated water (for our own good, our teeths are important to the government yesssum) and GMO altered fastfood.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The disparity is becomming too obvious between rich and poor.....
Its all about the poor having to support this sick system.
World wide the awakening is accellerating......the time is almost ripe to change all this, as the scales of ignorance are removed from our eyes.....
This is an engineered collapse, which will leave the poor even poorer and the rich far wealthier than ever.....
Our only hope is to cut straight through this bullcrap....
Comeon people!

So how exactly do you "cut straight through this bullcrap"? Please elaborate, it looks as if they do need a saviour over there, and you seem like you have an answer for them.....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They cannot steal anyones money. Period.

Wanna bet?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Secondly Germany has some twisted laws in practice... Or in their case lack of.
Germany has no minimum wage. ( this effects allot)

No, Germany doesn't have a minimum wage (some politicians want to change that though). I don't see what that has to do with anything.

They also have this thing called 1euro jobs... look it up, because of this they manipulate the unemployment rate.

Yeah the one euro jobs. You know that those are for people that have been unemployed for a really, really long time right, so that they can get back into the normal rhythm of the "Alltagsleben"? So they can't affect unemployment because the people are already on the books as unemployed!

I'm no racists, but how fast can we forget.. We shouldn't keep a grudge, but we shouldn't allow a country who caused so much pain 60 years ago let them take the moral high ground today.

It's not the fault of the German society and people that they've worked hard to get their country to where it is today, thus they do have a leg to stand on when countries are going bankrupt and failing. Why should Germany just throw its money at these failures of countries to "bail them out"?

The people running Germany today have absolutely nothing to do with the Nazi's and their regime. Saying that Germany should just bow to the ifs and whims of these countries because of it's history is ludicrous and just shows your ignorance.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Greece was never in a position to legally join the Euro but the EU allowed some creative book making to go on and then let them join. Promptly Greece started borrowing. And why not? They was getting it at northern European interest rates. Cyprus for its sins heavily invested in Greek banks, but then so did Germany and particularly France who would have gone bankrupt last year if it were not for the Greek bailout fund.

Next stop on the journey to Cyprus's destruction is the point where the EU told Greece to write off a large chunk of its debts and voila! Cyprus is bust. (Note that France is not.) But not content with just bankruptcy the EU decides to use Cyprus as a test bed for its great robbery experiment.

If I was Cyprus I would not only be going into the oil business with Russia, I would also be offering them a nice Mediterranean home for the 11th Squadron, Zaozersk.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It can't be done at the peoples expense.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"Russia will willing to help - 'just give us your sovereignity and resoures'."

But isn't that exactly what the EU are demanding?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I only seen the prince of Saudi Arabia.

#26 of the world's richest.

www.forbes.com...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is what happens when you take a sledge hammer and apply it with full force to the confidence of the general public.

This government claimed that there will never be a penalty for putting your money in the bank.
This was an election issue there and that is what was promised.

Now its dammed if they open the banks because of a run which will surely occur immediately.
And they are dammed if they don't open them because that means a stagnant and negative economy which equals bankrupt.

This is a no win situation for everyone involved....... I agree with previous posters that the only real option is the Iceland way.

Hang them high and dry in a cell and let them eat their own debt.

The real problem is that in this situation Cyprus has such a tiny economy that this debt right now would stagger much larger nations, for Cyprus there really is no escape in my opinion....doomed no matter what actions are taken now.

Thanks for the heads up OP, S&F
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join