It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Can you point out the scratches in the pic, please? And you also mentioned scratches on the ceiling of the shed as well? Would be nice to see a picture of those as well as the bracelet in question. And can you speak to the sentimentality of the bracelet, please.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AvisNigra

to me what appears as scratches are above the lock on the inside of the shed door, sorry for the quality of the pictures but it is somewhat noticeable... it could be something as simple as just erosion from being very old.

as for the bracelet I don't have any pictures of it, but it was originally my great grandfathers and it has just been passed down, he wore it when he was in world war 1.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Something just occurred to me when I saw your photos. Our family home had a similar type room in the basement, but rather than call it the shed, we called it the cedar room. Cedar repels moths, so woolen and fur items were always stored there in off season. I loved that room. It had shelves just like yours.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A couple things I noticed in the pics and may be wrong about. Is the red on the inside of the door as well as the lock? If so, I would wonder why?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Go away! We're liking the story. Don't ruin it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Correct the lock is on the inside. And the style of lock is some sort of drop in pin so it is not unlock-able from the outside

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Get rid of it and get somebody to do a whole house cleansing. I love old stuff, but the shed is more than just an eyesore apparently. Let it go and move on. Maybe you could have a seance with an ouija board before you dismantle it and sell the lumber.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Get rid of it and get somebody to do a whole house cleansing. I love old stuff, but the shed is more than just an eyesore apparently. Let it go and move on. Maybe you could have a seance with an ouija board before you dismantle it and sell the lumber.

I've heard stories of people and experiences with ouija boards.. Not my cup of tea after hearing experiences shared from others...

In time the "shed" may, or may not go. I find it useful for the time being, but time will determine whether it will stay or go.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

Correct the lock is on the inside. And the style of lock is some sort of drop in pin so it is not unlock-able from the outside

What would scare someone, so much, that they'd lock themself *inside* a small shed, *inside* a basement....

It's obvious the lock wasn't put there for a cat or a dog...only hands could manipulate it.

Did this not cause some questions with you. I've built 5 shed buildings in my life, gardening storage small buildings. Never...ever...have I even considered putting a lock on the inside.

Des

edit on 20-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Honestly I hadn't thought about until Vasa Croe hit me with that question...

A couple things I noticed in the pics and may be wrong about. Is the red on the inside of the door as well as the lock? If so, I would wonder why?

Good thinking though, maybe to keep away from an attacker? but then again it would be fairly easy for anyone to break their way in there

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What are the interior walls of the shed facing. What are their exteriors facing, is what I mean. Is one of them, since it's a basement, facing an earthen wall. If so, pull away the boards to see if there is a tunnel on the other side.

If there is a tunnel or escape of some sort...that would make sense of the lock on the inside of the shed.

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
draw a pentagram on the floor and sit in the middle of it with an Ouija board, sacrifice a chicken and say hail satan 3 times.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The inside walls which is two sides of the shed (on the inside of course) are concrete... not busting through those anytime soon

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Have any friends in the forensics field. If so, see if you can get one to do a sonar reading of the concrete walls...

I'm having visions of Edgar Allen Poe come to mind.....

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by slapjacks

What would scare someone, so much, that they'd lock themself *inside* a small shed, *inside* a basement....

It's obvious the lock wasn't put there for a cat or a dog...only hands could manipulate it.

Did this not cause some questions with you. I've built 5 shed buildings in my life, gardening storage small buildings. Never...ever...have I even considered putting a lock on the inside.

Des

Maybe someone used it as a place to get away from his wife so he could look at his playboy mags.
Or to keep an animal down there until he could get around to stuffing it.
Whatever it was used, for it is like you say very unusual and dosent give off a good feeling.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Unfortunately i'm still fairly new to the area and haven't made many friends other than the people I work with...

I'm going to explore the attic this weekend and see if I can find any remnants of something, anything. Like I said I found pictures in the wall and a note written on another wall during renovations, so it wouldn't surprise me if I found something up in the attic. We'll see.
edit on 20-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Very odd....I would actually lean towards there being a tunnel behind here also. The door being painted red on the inside as well as the lock being inside would lead me to believe that it would be a sign to stop and check before if coming in or being welcomed. Again...this could go back to a civil war era possibility....

A red door indicates "welcome," or "safe place," or "sanctuary." In many cultures, red indicates good fortune or warmth/safety

edit on 2/20/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Very odd....I would actually lean towards there being a tunnel behind here also. The door being painted red on the inside as well as the lock being inside would lead me to believe that it would be a sign to stop if coming in. Again...this could go back to a civil war era possibility....

A red door indicates "welcome," or "safe place," or "sanctuary." In many cultures, red indicates good fortune or warmth/safety

Interesting because I feel drawn to the room, and get a calm feeling from it. except for the bracelet incident... But if that were the case, that would completely contradict the growling noise.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It is possible that the room was somehow used as a safe haven in the past, and that the aura of safety was left behind and that is what you are being drawn to. I often feel auras like that in an area, and I am surprised, but they do tend to persist in their last state even without people around.

My vote is to keep the shed, I like things like that. If you repaint the house you could always repaint the shed.
edit on 20-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

According to Vasa Croe and some of the research he did it was a somewhat active area during the civil war, which the house was built just before the civil war. If I had to guess it was safe house maybe along a slave route or something like that... I don't know though because i'm still having a hard time find records on the property.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join