It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Get a recording of the "growl"!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Kankakee actually has a Historical Preservation Program

I would suggest contacting them:

39. KANKAKEE COUNTY H.P.C.
5/09
Michelle Sadler, Office Manager
189 E. Court St., Room 201
Kankakee, IL 60901
[email protected]

I am sooooooooooo envious right now. I am one of those that once my interest is captured I don't stop until I find out....it bugs the crap outta me but has been a useful trait in the past so I can't complain too much.

You've been a great help so far, much appreciation!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

That's a good idea, I had planned on going to the store tonight so i'll get a tape recorder and set it down there for the night. Can't promise i'll catch it because it isn't residual, it's very random when it's heard.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I may be wrong here but I think going got historic site status may be problematic as I think it will severely limit what you can do for upgrades/renovations. I have friends in Seattle that had this sort of issue, it may vary by location though.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
Just found out something else interesting about the house... I was just going through all the paper work I got from title company and apparently when the house was originally built it was a lot bigger then what it is now and at some point in time (no dates given) the house was split into two separate homes... God how I wish I could see photos of this place from the 1800's.. It's just tough because with my schedule and everything I find it hard to get time to actually do extensive research on the place.. The internet isn't giving me much to work with damn!

Got it covered....kinda. This is a map of Kankakee in 1869. Your house appears to be the one I circled in red...has a lot of land and appears to be a farm of some sort as we had found out earlier.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Just found out something else interesting about the house... I was just going through all the paper work I got from title company and apparently when the house was originally built it was a lot bigger then what it is now and at some point in time (no dates given) the house was split into two separate homes... God how I wish I could see photos of this place from the 1800's.. It's just tough because with my schedule and everything I find it hard to get time to actually do extensive research on the place.. The internet isn't giving me much to work with damn!

Got it covered....kinda. This is a map of Kankakee in 1869. Your house appears to be the one I circled in red...has a lot of land and appears to be a farm of some sort as we had found out earlier.

damn! that's my house! there are house all around there now but that is 110% my house!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I'm not far from you and I have concrete bits!(I'm a Mason, duh.) I'll even bring the beer. Hope you like Budweiser!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Is this of any significance? Probably not, but I'll post it anyway

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Also found this:

For land records, the recorder of deeds is located on the second floor at 189 E. Court St. and has records starting in 1851 (before the forming of the county in 1853).

The first City Directories for the county started in 1876. After that directory, the next one was 1896. After the turn of the century, the Kankakee Public Library has indexes for most years thereafter.

The Kankakee Library also has microfilm copies of the newspapers back to the 1850's and has all of the Illinois available Federal censuses.

So you may be able to find the land ownership records for your property at that time.

From this page: Kankakee

Pretty big source of info here : www.kvgs.org...
edit on 2/20/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Does anyone else notice the large glow on the first and third image?

It is pretty obvious to me that there is atleast some trapped energy connected to this shed, perhaps even some spirits. As for the attraction you feel towards the shed, there are many possibilities. I could even speculate that you might have some connection to this place, maybe from a previous life, or maybe you are more sensitive to the energies of the place. As you yourself noted, you were even heading out of the house, when you suddenly felt you should check the basement.

And what made you go lie down in there? Do you feel sort of comforted, or safe?

I could speculate about what might have happened there, but I wont. But I strongly reccomend researching the history of the house. Especially in connection to "high energy" events, such as the genocide of natives, slavery, or maybe even burial grounds, sicknesses and murders. Seems like a good room to lock someone up in..

As for solutions, I would HIGHLY discourage tearing it down, painting it, or changing it in any way, before you know more. It might just be a mischievous or benevolent spirit at this point, but you do NOT want to upset it.

I recommend placing a recorder in the room atleast overnight, and see what you come up with. Further, try talking to it in a calm and pleasant fashion, or even placing out something like honey, herbs or a bowl of milk in the room.

If you do decide to refurnish or tear it down, make sure you cleanse the area first. Maybe you can get a local native american shaman to check it out for you..

Anyway, great thread, interesting story, and beautiful home! I look forward to hearing more about this.

Best of luck!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Does the lock/latch actually work the was it is? Is there a chance that the door was re-purposed, and turned around so that it opened to the left? Just trying to understand why the lock is on the inside. Creepy...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geetface
Does the lock/latch actually work the was it is? Is there a chance that the door was re-purposed, and turned around so that it opened to the left? Just trying to understand why the lock is on the inside. Creepy...

Oh crap, I didnt even notice that. That is CREEPY!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

Honestly I laid down there because I was winded and was just trying to figure out what ha happened to my bracelet. As for the lock I think it does lock actually I'd have to check when I get home. I'm going to place a recorder in there tonight and see if anything comes up. Also, ill post more pictures of the basement and its surrounding walls later this evening.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Also, the glow is odd I don't know what that is maybe a reflection.. Keep in mind there was no light coming from the back ground, only light was from the left room and the shed itself.. Ill take pics with the lights off as well and see if anything out of the ordinary shows up
edit on 20-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Another good thing to do, is to write down any and all events you think might be connected to it. Especially note the time, and how u were feeling at the time. Even the weather.

Also, keep a record of your dreams. This should give you some information, if it really is a spirit around.

Good luck! I'm following this with excitement

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

Ill take note of that my friend

Funny you bring up dreams, although I'm sure it's unrelated but two nights ago I had a dream I was wrestling/fighting leviathan.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is definitely the most interesting thread on ATS right now.It's easy for us to egg you on from the comfort of our computer desks, but it's some damn interesting stuff you got going on there.I think you should pursue the history lead, rather than the "paranormal" because I fell it never brings anything good. And even if you get some results like the growling sound on tape, it won't answer any questions except make you fear your own home.Do keep us updated.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have a latch like that on my gate. The lever goes right through, so from the out side you would push down and it will seasaw and lift the bar in the inside. Is this not what you have there OP? Is the catch for the bar still on the side of the door opening? The bar coming through the door is connected to the handle on the outside, so would I be right in assuming the door lock is "not" something that can be only locked from the inside? To clear up mine or others confusion please.

Here Is one of those locks...
www.wickes.co.uk...
edit on 20-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'll have some more pics posted up soon, I also picked up a recorder that I will leave down there overnight... And if I do pick up the growl, it won't scare me because I've heard it first hand..

Also note to add, maybe nothing special but the shed door was open when I just checked and I had it closed last night when I was done there... maybe I didn't probably me being paranoid.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
I have a latch like that on my gate. The lever goes right through, so from the out side you would push down and it will seasaw and lift the bar in the inside. Is this not what you have there OP? Is the catch for the bar still on the side of the door opening? The bar coming through the door is connected to the handle on the outside, so would I be right in assuming the door lock is "not" something that can be only locked from the inside? To clear up mine or others confusion please.

Here Is one of those locks...
www.wickes.co.uk...

This particular lock can only be unlocked from the inside as well as being locked. So the only way you'd be able to unlock the shed is breaking through the door.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join