It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edited: Does anyone know why Nibiru did not hit, theories, new dates, etc, Regular 2012'ers have va

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Ah, isn't it very telling when you see the real heart of someone who preaches the 'peace and love' rhetoric? We'd all be better off dead because the world isn't how they think it should be! Maybe take a long look in the mirror the next time you accuse others of being arrogant.

I would rather everyone be dead and not miss life than live always with the fear of dying.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

We're not talking about the scammers here. We're talking about people who legitimately believed in it. If the world weren't swiftly morphing into a steaming pile of fecal matter, they wouldn't have been so eager to believe.

I'm not talking about the frauds. You get frauds in every category. I get the feeling you just choose to pick on this one because it's an easy target. But I notice how many other kinds of scam and fraud you are conveniently ignoring because this one has more soft spots.

You want to accuse me of perpetrating? Don't you even dare. I wish the world HAD blown up. It would have been a far more merciful existence for all of us, because we're not doing much good alive now, are we?

Actually this thread is not about the people that believed in this. That is your straw man argument.

This thread is about the lack of new dates and predictions. There are plenty of reasons to make new predictions. I'm not going to post them. I'm not going to add to the fraud that was perpetrated.

Are you defending the perpetrators? If not, then please drop the straw man arguments and the anger. Go out and do something for your fellow man. You've told us in multiple posts how you can't. Well nothing is going to happen to improve the world if that attitude is widely shared.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Eavel

Thought I had a rough personality, that is flat out rude, but it is a completely useless thread. So you are onto something here..

You know what's rude? Starting a thread focused entirely on the opinion that the lack of significant events in 2012 proves that 2012ers were wrong for believing in change. As though the desire to slit their wrists in disappointment weren't strong enough already, the skeptics had to remind us of why we wanted change to begin with. Rubbing our nose in our own disappointment as though the entire world's failure to turn over a new leaf is something to be proud of.

That's what I call rude. And yes, this thread is pointless. It doesn't contribute anything except attitude and bad karma to the already steep hill of pride and prejudice this website has garnered over the past year. What a waste of digital space.

Actually the Op wasn't rude at all. You are ! The OP asked an open question as to what happened. Surely even you (as an obvious pre-non event believer) should want to know what duped you. Surely you would want to know what signs to look for so as not fall for the BS next time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
it is my view that Nibiru... or the planetoid sized object that causes destruction on Planet Earth
is not an outerspace object that orbits every ~3,600 years (or else the ancient Chinese astronomers would have recorded It)

it is my view that the cyclical, recurring 'destroyer' which visits Earth, is actually the Earth's Core---
and had become a Myth which through ages of time has switched from the Earth Core to a planet or Dwarf Star

The Earth Core is a planetoid sized object and it goes energetic about every ~12,000 years
mostly depending on the Suns twisted magnetic field as to when this below-the-surface Nibiru within the Earth gets so distorted that the magnetosphere collapses and a new Pole reversal goes on... along with our Sun discharging tremendous energies & CME at all the planets for a several year era of tremendous destruction

i think we will all look back at the 12-21-2012 date not as a bust but as a very early date for "the beginning' of the pole shift/ crustal shift & Sun expansion of ITs magnetic field & the resulting electro-magnetic arcs of destruction striking the inner solar system

research yourselves... try.
alamongordo.com...
in their archives for a theory on pole reversal/crustal shift/ electric solar system
or see the HPH half past human paper on the magnetic twisting of the Sun & the Earth Core
edit on 15-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ah, isn't it very telling when you see the real heart of someone who preaches the 'peace and love' rhetoric? We'd all be better off dead because the world isn't how they think it should be! Maybe take a long look in the mirror the next time you accuse others of being arrogant.

I would rather everyone be dead and not miss life than live always with the fear of dying.

And by stating that, I believe it's very clear that you have a lot of anger inside and are at odds with your own belief system. I'm not surprised... you see that all the time from the 'peace and love' crowd. When someone is skeptical of your new-agey metaphysical stuff (ascension, 2012, Indigo super powers..etc), instead of holding to patience, understanding... love, you know, the rhetoric you preach so loudly and claim others lack, you instead resort to the very same behavior; going off-topic with name calling, ad-hominen, labeling skeptics as arrogant, negative, lower energies, enemies of peace and love, and go on tirades that skeptisism isn't allowed in your threads (on an open forum, no less) and stating that you only want to hear from 'like-minded people'.

As I said, very telling. But at least we know how you really feel. We would all be better off dead because the world isn't how you think it should be. Nice.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
It could have just been the starting date for a window of change.

Essentially the same way the Seventh Day Adventists rationalized the Great Disappointment.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

And by stating that, I believe it's very clear that you have a lot of anger inside and are at odds with your own belief system.

Was Jesus at odds with his beliefs when he became upset with the gamblers? I have very good reason to be angry.

I'm not surprised... you see that all the time from the 'peace and love' crowd. When someone is skeptical of your new-agey metaphysical stuff (ascension, 2012, Indigo super powers..etc), instead of holding to patience, understanding... love, you know, the rhetoric you preach so loudly and claim others lack, you instead resort to the very same behavior; going off-topic with name calling, ad-hominen, labeling skeptics as arrogant, negative, lower energies, enemies of peace and love, and go on tirades that skeptisism isn't allowed in your threads (on an open forum, no less) and stating that you only want to hear from 'like-minded people'.

Pot calling the kettle black. I try to refrain from that as much as I can, but I'm not afraid of pointing out lack of compassion and concern where I see it. I welcome skepticism, but I don't welcome attacks on hope. If you believe hope is wrong, then give us a reason to be satisfied. So far, I haven't seen any.

As I said, very telling. But at least we know how you really feel. We would all be better off dead because the world isn't how you think it should be. Nice.

That statement is very telling. Apparently, you're satisfied with everything this world has to offer. You're right, I don't think it should be this way. I don't think children should have to be hungry and afraid. I don't think the people should have to fear their guardians. I don't think we should be polluting our resources. I don't think we should be working harder to make the problem invisible than we are to actually fix the problem.

I do have a problem with the world. Not on behalf of myself, but on behalf of the world. I have a problem with the way we're treating it. Instead of focusing on how we "New Agers" express our views, focus on why.

edit on 15-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Was Jesus at odds with his beliefs when he became upset with the gamblers? I have very good reason to be angry.

Don't liken yourself to Jesus. Jesus wanted to save the world, not condemn it.

... but I'm not afraid of pointing out lack of compassion and concern where I see it.

What would someone who would rather see the world destroyed because it doesn't fit their world view know about compassion? Very little, I would think.

If you believe hope is wrong, then give us a reason to be satisfied. So far, I haven't seen any.

Thanks for proving my point. All you have is more strawman logic, as I stated in my post. Just because I don't believe in the 4th dimension ascension or indigo superpowers, doesn't mean I don't believe in hope. Just stop already.

That statement is very telling. Apparently, you're satisfied with everything this world has to offer. You're right, I don't think it should be this way. I don't think children should have to be hungry and afraid. I don't think the people should have to fear their guardians. I don't think we should be polluting our resources. I don't think we should be working harder to make the problem invisible than we are to actually fix the problem.

Because I don't believe in new-age prophecies and other wacky metaphysical dreck, I'm somehow satisfied with everything the world has to offer?? Ludicrous.
When we don't believe in wackiness, somehow we become enemies of 'peace and love'. Complete and total nonsense.

I do have a problem with the world. Not on behalf of myself, but on behalf of the world.

Yeah, and you care so much on behalf of the world, you want everyone to die because it doesn't fit your world view. Again: absolutely ludicrous. Why don't you take your own advice, stop arguing with skeptics, stop dreaming, and go out and be the change you want to see happen? Well? What are you waiting for??

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No we get at least 2 years of making fun before we settle down.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Because it doesn't exist :-)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I welcome skepticism, but I don't welcome attacks on hope. If you believe hope is wrong, then give us a reason to be satisfied. So far, I haven't seen any.

I still think you're fudging the issue here. I don't see any skeptical attacks on hope, at least not in this thread.

But there's a big difference between hoping things change and making very specific and false predictions about how that change is going to come about (which is the subject of this thread.)
edit on 15-2-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

I still think you're fudging the issue here. I don't see any skeptical attacks on hope, at least not in this thread.

But there's a big difference between hoping things change and making very specific and false predictions about how that change is going to come about (which is the subject of this thread.)

Ah. Got it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's simple

It doesn't exist

There is no planet with a 3600 year orbit that has a highly advance civilization.

It was made up.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Does this site explain why there have been no magnetic reversals in 3/4 of a million years?

Does this site explain that there are 2 components to the magnetic field of the Earth and the dipole field is the one that reverses?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I wish the world HAD blown up. It would have been a far more merciful existence for all of us, because we're not doing much good alive now, are we?

You talk big, but if someone were to hand you a .357 and tell you that there was a way out you wouldn't be able to do it, and you know it.

Stop acting all macho and grow up.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wrote a thread which was ignored, it just so happens to have the same trajectory and also in my opinion wiped out an ancient civilization on Saint Helena.
I also mentioned many otherthings which was also ignored.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It went from Niburu is coming!!!!!

to (somehow)

A spiritual change is coming, a new era of mankind

to

The spiritual change is taking place right now, it's a process

I feel bad for the people that believed it more than anything. Very similar to the OTTPTP people. So desperate for something to change their lives, that they throw out all logic.

edit on 15-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Because it was a sham to make money,like many other shams...Y2K,Alien Invasion,H1N1 shots,All relative to certain organizations to make money.So that's truth....except it or not I don't really care.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
reply to post by vkey08

Because it was a sham to make money,like many other shams...Y2K,Alien Invasion,H1N1 shots,All relative to certain organizations to make money.So that's truth....except it or not I don't really care.

Maybe you aren't aware, but I worked very hard with Stereologist to debunk a lot of the myths and misconceptions surrounding Nibiru, et al, so can the attitude please.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nibiru just blew up over Russia. Now we can forget about it! Next threat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join