It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edited: Does anyone know why Nibiru did not hit, theories, new dates, etc, Regular 2012'ers have va

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Various things pointed to December the 21st including the Georgia Guidestones and the numerology associated with it and the stuff that surrounds the worship of Saturn.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Nothing came to pass. And totally dejected predictors, heads hanging down...had to realize they were wrong. About all of it. Some argued vehemently that the Mayans said...and Nibiru was behind...and a BIG Earth change was coming...and just wait! The Doomsday'ers were sitting locked in their bunkers wondering what happened (or DIDNT happen).

The best we all can expect from any of these "absolutely positive-for sure-wait-you'll see-the bible says its the end of-the spaceships are hovering over Yellowstone's cauldera-and the climate change is causing.......dah doo da-da"...is that we can expect to believe nothing more from them except maybe..."Wait! We got all that info and dates mixed up! It's now gonna happen when......"

All of these things and the dates were wrong, the arguers of the points were wrong...their best researching and old prophecies were wrong...and now...they sulk away points dismissed....like dogs with their heads down.

Even so! It all doesnt mean that stuff wont happen...somewhere, sometime....but when it does...it'll be hard-impossible to believe any of them.....
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Eavel

Really? all I hear is waaa waw aaw waaaaa .. Get a life, if you dont like the thread then stay out of them. You just come on here to talk crap to others? That why your post count is higher than your star count? HAHA

This is Abovetopsecret.com, sir, not 4chan. If you want to stay here, I would advise you show some respect to your fellow members. By the way, your little bit of sage advice would be better served if it had been put on OP's desk, because obviously he didn't stay out of the 2012 threads or he wouldn't be complaining about them.

So take a good, long look around...my problem isn't with the topics, it's with the quality. My point stands.

See now you're still being rude even after I clarified what i was looking for, which was honest discussion as to what the reasons behind the failed date were from the people that I had been sparring with over it, such as PlanetXisHere (I can't spar with Gamekeeper they were banned)

Oh and get the pronoun correct, it's SHE not he. Why does everyone assume he..

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Because it's the shorter of the two, requiring less energy to type. Also, because I was unaware. I usually make the effort, but considering the nature of this thread, my interest in personal accuracy is a little lacking.

Like anyone is taking the thread seriously. I'm taking my viewpoint seriously, that's all. Someone has to...it's clear not many do.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well when I'm wrong I admit it and take whats coming to me especially when i was so adamant i was right and everyone else was being a sheep... But it seems other people just want a nice big hug, a pat on the head and a comforting "hey, so what you were childish and proven wrong, it's ok."
edit on 14-2-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Well when I'm wrong I admit it and take whats coming to me especially when i was so adamant i was right and everyone else was being a sheep... But it seems other people just want a nice big hug, a pat on the head and a comforting "hey, so what you were childish and proven wrong, it's ok."

People were desperate for the world to change. They still are. Aren't you? Are you satisfied with what we're doing here? Does all this chaos make you happy? Did you have any hope at all that maybe, just maybe, the world would decide to turn over a new leaf and maybe practice a little of what it's been preaching? Maybe for one day, no bullets would be fired, no tears of horror or grief or terror would be shed, no insults would be hurled, no lives would be taken, and not a single man or woman or child would be afraid. Just for one day.

Did you hope for that? Did you pray for it? Or is that just a silly dream? I don't think it is. Me and numerous others thought it was worth believing in. If you hold that against us, maybe you're on the wrong side. Because what we are doing right now is not working. Even you can't deny that. Slowly, the world is dying. Just because it hasn't gone boom yet doesn't mean it isn't suffering.

I can feel it, every day. And it sickens me. But what sickens me more is how many people just ignore it. They leave it for the children. For the future. And you know what those people will do? The same thing. Because their parents did.

Here's a video of a child crying out in the name of the future. Did she cry out in vain? Because I think maybe she did. I don't see any change. And we're wrong for hoping, for believing against all odds? I think maybe belief is all we have left. Because from the sounds of it, hope is two steps shy from going to hell in a very tiny handbasket.

I hate to think it, but maybe something like this has to happen:

I hope it doesn't happen. I hope something precious doesn't have to be sacrificed to open the world's eyes. Because I think that might be the true testament of how low we've fallen. The fact that the most pure act of destruction is necessary to prompt the greatest change. Such a stubborn species we are. It might be the death of us.

edit on 14-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The 2012 sub-forum was more or less split into three camps the entire time:

-Skeptics
-The delusional idiots who believed something was actually going to happen.
-Trolls who came here to either [1] harass the 2012 believers, or [2] perpetuate the 2012 theories to make the skeptics angry.

I think the delusional people are ashamed and embarrassed that they believed in BS and left with their tail between their legs, and the trolls got bored once the date had passed.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

As I said throughout the lead up to December 21, there is no cosmic reset button. Hoping isn't going to achieve anything. If you think the world is in a bad way then do something and be the change you want to see in the world. Your actions can have a much larger impact on your community than the words written by the likes of Sitchin and Lieder. The truth is that the people who bought into these 2012 theories have some questions to answer. Not for ego stroking but because it could be beneficial to know why people keep buying into these doom dates when the progenitors have been wrong time and again.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You know what's rude? Starting a thread focused entirely on the opinion that the lack of significant events in 2012 proves that 2012ers were wrong for believing in change. As though the desire to slit their wrists in disappointment weren't strong enough already, the skeptics had to remind us of why we wanted change to begin with. Rubbing our nose in our own disappointment as though the entire world's failure to turn over a new leaf is something to be proud of.

That's what I call rude. And yes, this thread is pointless. It doesn't contribute anything except attitude and bad karma to the already steep hill of pride and prejudice this website has garnered over the past year. What a waste of digital space.

You know what I think is rude?

Defending stupidity is what I think is rude. There are those that defend those that scammed others to make a buck. It may be hard for some to believe, but I know better. There are people out there that defend the liars and scum and frauds that fleeced people with ideas like Nibiru. If someone asks if a lesson was learned there are jerks that pop up and defend the scammers. If you ask why it is so quiet there are jerks that pop up and defend the scammers.

I sometimes get the idea that the defenders are in fact the perpetrators of the fraud.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

"Skeptics" of anything, have never been not, obnoxious. They are even bullies. This I experienced first hand. They Truly Believe they are our favour doers, but all they are is bullies. Thats it.

It's not pretty to make outlandish claims that are quickly shown to be false. If that the problem?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Eavel

Thought I had a rough personality, that is flat out rude, but it is a completely useless thread. So you are onto something here..

You know what's rude? Starting a thread focused entirely on the opinion that the lack of significant events in 2012 proves that 2012ers were wrong for believing in change. As though the desire to slit their wrists in disappointment weren't strong enough already, the skeptics had to remind us of why we wanted change to begin with. Rubbing our nose in our own disappointment as though the entire world's failure to turn over a new leaf is something to be proud of.

That's what I call rude. And yes, this thread is pointless. It doesn't contribute anything except attitude and bad karma to the already steep hill of pride and prejudice this website has garnered over the past year. What a waste of digital space.

How is it rude?

The OP has no less right starting a thread about this than any of the multitude of believers who started hundreds of "nibiru is incoming" and "second sun OMG" threads.

That and the constant "OMG its niburu" derailing posts in other threads, notably in "Space Exploration" forum when rational, logical people were discussing other subjects, photos and vidoes.

You all had your moment, and it was a complete bust. There is nothing wrong in discussing its failure.

Nibiru / Dark Twin / Second Sun has been cried wolf about since poleshift nancy publicised her delusions first in 2003. You can only cry wolf so many times before people call out on it

Laslty, the other half of the claims regarding ascension and world change, well nothing happened there either. Same rules apply, why cant WE the skeptics discuss that? Or are you advocating a forum filled with nothing but baseless claims and/or fear-mongering which would ultimately lead to a great many people experiencing needless panic and sadness?

Blimey, the arrogance is astounding
edit on 15-2-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

Originally posted by vkey08
I seriously would have thought that the Nibiru crowd would be pouring over this forum with all new dates and predictions, but it's really turned into a ghost town?

Any ideas as to why that would be?

suprised? Like 99.9999999995% (yes accurate statistic /sarc) of the CRAP posted on this website, it is lies and gullible people listening to jokesters, pranksters, and mentally handicap stories

Second that bro!

Best two-liner I´ve read in years. A big blue star from me to you

edit on 15-2-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You know what I think is rude?

Defending stupidity is what I think is rude. There are those that defend those that scammed others to make a buck. It may be hard for some to believe, but I know better. There are people out there that defend the liars and scum and frauds that fleeced people with ideas like Nibiru. If someone asks if a lesson was learned there are jerks that pop up and defend the scammers. If you ask why it is so quiet there are jerks that pop up and defend the scammers.

I sometimes get the idea that the defenders are in fact the perpetrators of the fraud.

We're not talking about the scammers here. We're talking about people who legitimately believed in it. If the world weren't swiftly morphing into a steaming pile of fecal matter, they wouldn't have been so eager to believe.

I'm not talking about the frauds. You get frauds in every category. I get the feeling you just choose to pick on this one because it's an easy target. But I notice how many other kinds of scam and fraud you are conveniently ignoring because this one has more soft spots.

You want to accuse me of perpetrating? Don't you even dare. I wish the world HAD blown up. It would have been a far more merciful existence for all of us, because we're not doing much good alive now, are we?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

so the cut off part was probably saying that after 26000 yrs
we would be back into Aquarius constellation

I'm curious. How would the Maya have known about constellations picked out by Western civilizations? They had completely different constellations based on how they broke up the night sky.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

But that's the problem, you would condone killing off every man woman and child on the planet because you're miserable? I don't quite understand the sentiment there..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Bixxi3

People were desperate for the world to change.

Yeah, except the change they want is that New Age utopian nonsense, where we all are equal, and we all hug and dance and sing songs together while drinking a Coke. It's the philosophy of dreamers and the burnouts like Lennon who had no real understanding of our species, our behaviors, and our condition, and chose to keep on dreaming in bed up-in-smoke, instead of facing reality and working with what we have to have work with to make the world better.

Fact: no massive change of consciousness, no indigo super-saiyan powerups, no spiritual DNA change, no crystal skulls coming together to bring new knowledge to mankind, no 11:11 spiritual alarm clocks going off for a new 'age', no ascension into a fourth dimension. Just lots and lots of manically depressed people with delusions of grandeur who made up and bought into a bunch of baloney because, as you said, they are 'desperate for change'. Sad, but truth nonetheless.

ATS mngt. didn't want them ran off because the 2012 crowd was huge around here for several years and site traffic is their bread and butter. Deny Ignorance!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You know what's rude? Starting a thread focused entirely on the opinion that the lack of significant events in 2012 proves that 2012ers were wrong for believing in change.

They weren't wrong for believing in change.

They were wrong for believing in bogus predictions of cataclysmic events occurring in 2012.

And a slight digression but when talking about the scammers who profited from this let's not forget big media like Disney and the Hearst Corporation who constantly pumped this 2012 baloney on the History Channel.
edit on 15-2-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

In my own personal defense, I have never been a bully here. I have stated my hopes, listed my reasons, defended my opinions, questioned those of others, and that's about it.

You are a bully all of the time. You get into threads and attack the posters, not the posts.

But I don't understand the need to brag about being right. There's nothing to be proud of in being right unless you've accomplished a feat worth being proud of.

Is creating a straw man argument your defense for being a bully? Seems to be the case.

The issue is not about being right. I read vkey08's posts and they have tried to explain that.

Here is the first sentence and it has nothing at all to do about the topic.

You know, sacrificing someone's self-esteem to stroke your swollen ego just makes you a very unpleasant person.

It's you being a bully by beginning with an unwarranted personal attack.

Do you think that in this thread you might be able to stay on topic?

The thread is about Nibiru and why adjusted dates and predictions are not being put out.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by stereologist

You want to accuse me of perpetrating? Don't you even dare. I wish the world HAD blown up. It would have been a far more merciful existence for all of us, because we're not doing much good alive now, are we?

Ah, isn't it very telling when you see the real heart of someone who preaches the 'peace and love' rhetoric? We'd all be better off dead because the world isn't how they think it should be!
Maybe take a long look in the mirror the next time you accuse others of being arrogant.
edit on 15-2-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

But that's the problem, you would condone killing off every man woman and child on the planet because you're miserable? I don't quite understand the sentiment there..

Easy, maybe he thinks we are all just a figment of his imagination and who knows..... Maybe he's right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join