It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will This Forum be Shut Down Tomorrow?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
oh man I forgot to sell a dvd I own entitled "2012" starring John Cussack today. Damn i just lost a few bucks value on the trade in.

I wonder how many publishing houses will trash 100's if not 1000s of books tomorrow as well.
I also am curious how many days it wil take nextflix to remove its 2012 documentary.

maybe this is the change or enlightenment the mayans spoke of!

edit on 21-12-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's already been said, as other nations are in different time zones and they've survived (whatever it was that was supposed to happen).

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I vote NOT for the HOAX bin and here is why:

I think it should be re-named: Baseless predictions/fantasy predictions or even just HAHAHAHAHA

This to serve as a reminder to all the scaremongers out there that their drivel was not only wrong but non-sense. ATS can direct people here that post similar future garbage as a reminder of what happened last time.

To put the 2012 forum to some good use and dependent on ATS t/c's we should appoint a screenwriter to harvest the best ideas from 2012 and come up with a movie/book or sell the rights to this forum's content to a film company.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Right, one question.
Why are we so heavily relying on 11:11am GMT??
Since the Mayans made the calendar, where has this (predictable) number come from? Surely it would be their timezone?

Is no-one going to answer me then?

Or do you not have an answer to give me, and it's just another phony excuse pulled out of someones behind?
You've got 4 hours and 1 minute to come up with an answer before it might be too late! Wooooo *ghost hands*

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Right, one question.
Why are we so heavily relying on 11:11am GMT??
Since the Mayans made the calendar, where has this (predictable) number come from? Surely it would be their timezone?

Is no-one going to answer me then?

Or do you not have an answer to give me, and it's just another phony excuse pulled out of someones behind?
You've got 4 hours and 1 minute to come up with an answer before it might be too late! Wooooo *ghost hands*

I think it is optimistic enough to assume the year was even matched up properly, let alone the month, day, hour, and minute. On top of the loose translation from ancient tablets... Did we consider all the leap years, and what about daylight savings time? Anyway I don't really care much more, at this point lets just wait the 4 more hours lol.

Honestly I don't believe the Mayan calendar has anything to do with the end of the world, and even if it did I doubt we would be very accurate in matching to a correct date/time.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

When I die, if I happen to run into any ancient Maya in the afterlife, I'm kicking them all squarely in the nards for making the world go insane like it has.
You can manipulate numbers in many ways to make them say whatever you want.
I think the 11:11 thing is just another twist of lime to the already ridiculous prophetic cocktail.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

When I die, if I happen to run into any ancient Maya in the afterlife, I'm kicking them all squarely in the nards for making the world go insane like it has.

I'll hold them down while you line up your shots.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Be my guest! I'll be wearing my steel toe capped boots

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
They should move it to HOAX. Really, the site is not about conspiracy for the sake of conspiracy. It's about truth, it's about DENYING IGNORANCE. I saw some people post earlier, to the deniers "Why post on a conspiracy site if your just debunking" well... that's just ass backwards of what this site is about isn't it?

If you firmly, deeply, and passionately believe in something and your proven wrong - Don't you need to admit to move on? We need the folks that invested in the fear mongering, new-age enlightenment crowd to come in here and say "I was wrong." Not so that people can gloat but so that we can all see growth as a group. Then those folks can join the logical skeptical bunch the next time someone brings up some crazy idea. This is a chance to mature as a person, not a time to mope that you were wrong.

That's my take on it. The truly crazy will believe in the next BS thing. I'm hoping that is not the majority who fell for 2012.

V

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
IDK but it does make a great selling point cafepress.com is having an end of the world sale everything is 100% off if the world ends and you get an official end of the world tshirt. I think that 2012 has been a successful tactic to promote fear and useless consumerism, I still have much disdain for the topic in the doomsdayer context

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'll copy my message here:

Now that this section has reached its peak, I wonder what happens to it? I hope it doesn't get deleted. I think it would be an incredibly interesting topic to archive for public viewing (read-only). People in the future can come here for real evidence of just how strong this belief was and how it progressed etc. Putting it in HOAX hides it away but I feel it being in more public view would be interesting.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Send it to the hoax bin where it belongs.
Just like all hoaxes.
There are no exceptions.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i'd also not vote for the hoax bin even though the whole deal is the biggest hoax the history and mankind have witnessed thus far. i mean mayans turned out to be the most ancient nation with a sense of humor that's for sure, but this alone does not justify an entire message board section dedicated to this subject matter to be dumped into the hoax bin because if anything, it is a living evidence that witnessed history iteself. i'd rather stand on the "museum" fence of things.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I can't even count how many bad interpretations of the bible are there.

Nothing is important with 2012. Genesis says the stars were made for signs, and there was no significant sign on 2012.

The closest thing to something even marginally biblical happening in the stars is in 2017 when Revelation 12 "appears" to be seen. I will go on the record to say that it matches very interestingly to alignments at Christ's birth and Christ's baptism.

Beyond that possibly meaningful event, there is nothing special about the stars, nor the sun, nor the moon, with regards to the bible, 2012, nor even your Enoch book, which I have some serious reserves on multiple reasons (though It does have some interesting things).

Nothing is happening in 2012. And if there is anything even remotely meaningful about the alignment in 2017, it means that September 2013-may2014 might be somewhat interesting, assuming anything remarkable. That's the time time and a half.

Please understand the Hebrew feast days and customs before coming into 2012. There is nothing special about this year beyond those who left us and those joining us.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Aren't you the same guy that called for getting rid of the 9/11 forum? Yeah..Okay, whatever you say boss-man. Fact is a good deal of people didn't believe it was going to be an instantaneous date, but a slow progression, a marker of no return. With that in hand, they merely theorized about possibilities that could happen under those circumstances. That is all.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Not so fast! Wait until we have a new date of DOOM!! AND NO the mothership didn't pick me up! I am friggin pissed!! Stuck here in this totally f---ed up planet run by total douche bags!!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I would guess they'll shut down the 2012 forum as soon as they get the 2013 forum up and running. We still have a few more days until 2012 is officially over. I do know that my calendar ends on 31 December 2012 and, as I do not have a 2013 calendar, I can only presume that the world will end on that date!

Doooooooooooom!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Do you mean something interesting like the Tetrad Moon in 2014 and 2015? My reasoning is sound. 2012 - 2018 matches the Hallel Psalms by years.

Originally posted by Gorman91

I can't even count how many bad interpretations of the bible are there.

Nothing is important with 2012. Genesis says the stars were made for signs, and there was no significant sign on 2012.

The closest thing to something even marginally biblical happening in the stars is in 2017 when Revelation 12 "appears" to be seen. I will go on the record to say that it matches very interestingly to alignments at Christ's birth and Christ's baptism.

Beyond that possibly meaningful event, there is nothing special about the stars, nor the sun, nor the moon, with regards to the bible, 2012, nor even your Enoch book, which I have some serious reserves on multiple reasons (though It does have some interesting things).

Nothing is happening in 2012. And if there is anything even remotely meaningful about the alignment in 2017, it means that September 2013-may2014 might be somewhat interesting, assuming anything remarkable. That's the time time and a half.

Please understand the Hebrew feast days and customs before coming into 2012. There is nothing special about this year beyond those who left us and those joining us.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That too. but 2012 is outside of that. Don't put your faith in calendars and numbers made by men.

Forgive my grumpiness lol.

Check out Virgo and Leo in 2017, compare to Revelation 12.

i.imgur.com...

Remember, Jupiter is the king planet...and even our name for the Christ, Jesus, is an extrapolation of Zeus, the Greek equivalent of Jupiter.

fyi. Virgo & Leo....Virgin and the Lion of Judah....and how many stars is Leo plus the 3 planets?

Never forget we cannot know when. But 1 Thessalonians 5:4 teaches we don't have to be surprised.

I should add that image is the perspective from around Jerusalem.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join