It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will This Forum be Shut Down Tomorrow?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. We have a thread here, yet another, that is clogging the board, complaining about clogging the board? What the hell is wrong with some of you people??

Furthermore, there is a DEFINITE pattern of these skeptical folks putting words in the mouths of '2012 Believers'. I know that I have never posted a doom thread about this date. Yet I have spoken my thoughts on it for years now.
My thoughts? We are transitioning into a new astrological age. This is what the Mayans meant with their calendar. This is happening. This is fact. At the same time, we are definitely seeing a shift in the way life on this planet is heading. Coincidence? Most likely. Interesting? You betcha. Least in my opinion.

I will refrain from taking the skeptical approach to this and insulting anyone who disagrees with me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Furthermore, having a day to gloat? Are you kidding me? How childish is that?

Especially considering I know darn well there were numerous skeptics in each of these threads you speak of 'gloating' from start to finish

Grow up

ETA-- You haven't had to endure anything. Don't read stuff that is gonna make you act like a child. Pretty simple. But from a business perspective, I'm confident 2012 stuff has been great for ATS. Take from that what you will.
edit on 20-12-2012 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh my god. I never thought about that. My reality is irreversibly going to change before Christmas. I will never have to listen to the 2012 doomsday again, except for the I told you so threads which will go on for twenty years. Either way 12/21/12 will have ended. Is this change for the better or worse is the question. I will have learned something from a lot of people so I guess it was a good thing that we had this doomsday as relative to my life here on earth. I will still be prepared for disasters because that is a real and proven possibility. I now have a better understanding of relativity and people of a kind. I have learned how to identify traits in people and better predict the outcomes of events. I actually started coming here to ATS because of my curiosity about 2012 and have learned much from others here about many subjects and beliefs. I have also learned that many who throw out facts and figures are doing it irrelevant to the situation in all aspects of society. It has opened my eyes to misuse of facts to explain things that people wonder about. I suppose present societies beliefs judge the relativity of things.

I hope it doesn't get boring around here in the future. The 2012 discussions revealed a lot of things that would be impossible to find on my own. I have also learned to understand what others see from here. Definitely not a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

you can always sit around and have a circle jerk ego party or since you are on a conspiracy site you could ask yourself why you're here?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The calender hanging on my wall ends on the 31st December 2012, so I must think the world is due to end on that date?

That is what you are saying, right?

Not sure why I bothered logging in...

edit on 20-12-2012 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Trust me, the ardent believers will come up with an excuse and another date, as always. Might as well rename it the 2013 forum after tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm afraid it's gonna stick around. I've noticed the past day that the 'enlightenment' crowd has moved their goal post from instant sparkliness to a 'slow change'. Seems they are willing to claim anything to be correct about the date and give it some significance.

But if I had my vote, it would at least get a title change to "cautionary tells" or something like that.

Not everyone in the "enlightenment crowd" has ever been proponents of a bang-flash Insta-Evolution. Some of us have only expected the "reasonable" and speculated about the unusual.

And I'm sorry if you feel you're already a perfect, "finished" person, or if you feel like you haven't seen massive growth and change over this last year. I have. I know some others have. Maybe that's coincidence. Maybe it's not.

And furthermore, as to the OP's suggestion-- I hope he realizes that not everyone agrees that tomorrow (the 21st) is the "official," correct end date for the long count. I have heard dates ranging from October 28, 2011 to December 23-24, 2012. So you may need to be as patient as the rest of us, in order to get full joy from an egoistic "Told Ya So!"

Regarding trashing the whole thing into the hoax bin-- I do think it would be a shame if the threads weren't at least archived somehow. And I would say that if the earth itself does not, indeed, go through some kind of super-massive change then sticking any "end of the world 2012" threads into the hoax bin would not be inappropriate. However, I think to put all 2012 threads straight into the hoax bin could potentially alienate and make angry a lot of regular members here. Particularly the "spiritual evolution" crowd.

Just my two cents. I don't really have much invested in this, personally.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I hope it stays here permanently locked, with a thread at the top containing a list of all 2012 proponents. Consider it a wall of shame...

Then again the believers will all probably just create new accounts and start the process over with a different date.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
However, I think to put all 2012 threads straight into the hoax bin could potentially alienate and make angry a lot of regular members here. Particularly the "spiritual evolution" crowd.

Would that really be so bad?

Well from ATS admins perspective sure that will probably be bad for advertisement revenue to alienate regular users. But from my perspective it means people that knowingly posted BS for years are not coming back. Which is all that I could ever hope for...

However I think even if they were angry they still have the need to perpetuate their lies or misplaced beliefs. So they will never leave. They need to feel special and they need other people to acknowledge it.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The prediction is that the world will end tomorrow in an apocalyptic event foretold by the ancient Mayan people.

Uh, no, that's a prediction, not the prediction. You're really simplifying the countless different theories people have. EnochWasRight is presenting one theory (that of the Second Coming) that clearly doesn't make December 21, 2012 an "end date". Accordingly, one might not notice any change on that day (as the beginning of something that happens incrementally wouldn't have to be noticable).

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My guess is after nothing happens all the believers will simply claim that the date was incorrect. They'll change it to another date, the same way cult leaders that predict end times have done in the past.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by almadd2012

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The prediction is that the world will end tomorrow in an apocalyptic event foretold by the ancient Mayan people.

Uh, no, that's a prediction, not the prediction. You're really simplifying the countless different theories people have. EnochWasRight is presenting one theory (that of the Second Coming) that clearly doesn't make December 21, 2012 an "end date". Accordingly, one might not notice any change on that day (as the beginning of something that happens incrementally wouldn't have to be noticable).

Plus I don't believe they ever predicted the end of the world, just the end of a cycle. That's like finding a 2012 Gregorian calendar, and because December 31st is the last day we assume it must be the end of the world. Correct me if I am wrong...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Please don't shut down this forum until after the 500 "I told you nothing would happen" threads.

Those should be very entertaining.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
From what I understand, there has been wide range of speculations on 2012, including that it simply starts a process that could induce earth changes and take decades, to a change in enlightenment, to simply NWO plans rearing up into more hard core fascism.

I've always thought if you didn't like a thread, it didn't bother you if others did, because you didn't have to read them.

By the way, if anything happens from now to 2013 and onwards, anything at all, I blame the evil Murderers running this world, not cosmic energies., and don't believe anything is heading this way from the cosmos, but will be up tonight praying that No Plans Against The People Will Ever Prosper, and that we will be freed from these psychotic slavers. Whereas my kids who have bought into the hype will be sleeping, they don't want to see anything bad happen.

I actually think the PTB are unlikely to use this date to do something bad, more likely to want to gloat at all the conspiracy minded people by not having the world end. I don't think they'd let the gloating opportunity vanish on them, but would start their BS and bad stuff shortly after.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i predict that comet c/2012 s1 will be the new end of the world.....www.prophecynewswatch.com... KzueEY

and since it was discovered in 2012..no need to change the name this forum

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
For everybody that called me and others shill troll disnifo agent assleep sheep and every other drivel..
Stop crying grow up what did you expect..?..

Post by all means, but next time less of the names ....it just may come back to bite you in the ass..

denver22..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
From what I understand, there has been wide range of speculations on 2012, including that it simply starts a process that could induce earth changes and take decades, to a change in enlightenment, to simply NWO plans rearing up into more hard core fascism.

I've always thought if you didn't like a thread, it didn't bother you if others did, because you didn't have to read them.

By the way, if anything happens from now to 2013 and onwards, anything at all, I blame the evil Murderers running this world, not cosmic energies., and don't believe anything is heading this way from the cosmos, but will be up tonight praying that No Plans Against The People Will Ever Prosper, and that we will be freed from these psychotic slavers. Whereas my kids who have bought into the hype will be sleeping, they don't want to see anything bad happen.

I actually think the PTB are unlikely to use this date to do something bad, more likely to want to gloat at all the conspiracy minded people by not having the world end. I don't think they'd let the gloating opportunity vanish on them, but would start their BS and bad stuff shortly after.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

And now it starts moving ze goal posts...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I will be doing my posts from the Pleiadean mothership. I am the only dude on the ship, the other 10,000 persons on board are all female, super hot and they ALL love me. I guess I'm a novelty. I've convinced the skipper of this vessel to only pick up earth women....

Oh gotta go, my wife's calling me.... Did I tell you that 9,999 of my fellow ship mates are OFF LIMITS? All my friggin luck!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Let's Have a day for the skeptics and scientific-minded people to bask in the complete certainty that everything is fine tomorrow and nothing can change that. Tomorrow Will be delusional for them as Well.
We still Have the ELE Fukushima crisis occurring, and advancing and they want to tell us everything is normal and fine. JUST FINE, nothing to see here.
We are just living the first 5 years of the real end of the world, that we or our children of their children Will see at the end of this century, because it is almost impossible that we as humanity will arrive to 2100 in the same conditions as of now, with the same blissful wishful thinking that everything is just fine.

If every event is casual and not predictable, than, everyday could be the last good day for humanity. The worst things as Well as the best things can happen everyday, everytime. Got to be preppers every day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join