It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will This Forum be Shut Down Tomorrow?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Let’s face it regardless of all the hype tomorrow the only interesting thing that’s going to happen is that this Forum is going to become clogged up with “I told you so” threads.

Nothing will happen tomorrow the world will not end and that is probably the most accurate prediction made on ATS ever.

I do however have one question, what is going to happen to the “2012” forum, is it going to be shut down or renamed, what do the mods have planned.

I personally would just love to see the “2012” forum amalgamated into the Hoax forum.

I mean let’s face it as of tomorrow the existence of this forum is going to be meaningless.

Actually another couple of questions,

Will there be a “I was wrong” or a “sorry for the scaremongering” thread because I have noticed that many members have a strange inability to admit to being wrong it would be really nice to say a “yeah I was wrong sorry for scaremongering” type of thread.

Also I am curious what the staff of ATS are doing to prepare, let’s face it tomorrow things are possibly going to get very busy, can the site manage the extra traffic and will there be extra mods on hand

edit on 20-12-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I hope it is moved to hoax forum as well. But I hope it will stick around for a few days so we can make fun of those blind believers. I bet many of them will just vanish from this forum as well.
What is funny is how they already seem pretty damn quiet now that parts of the world has reached the "doomsday date"
edit on 20-12-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I vote for HOAX BIN

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I think it would be much more appropriated to move it into the “Hoax” bin as soon as the deadline 11:11 GMT has passed.

After that we can all forget about it.

If ATS turns into a massive “I told you so” fest for a couple of days the number of bans will go through the roof. I don’t think we all need to gloat.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I'm afraid it's gonna stick around. I've noticed the past day that the 'enlightenment' crowd has moved their goal post from instant sparkliness to a 'slow change'. Seems they are willing to claim anything to be correct about the date and give it some significance.

But if I had my vote, it would at least get a title change to "cautionary tells" or something like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
May I also further confirm this to say that 2012 was in itself, a date that was pushed forward because the people with the cardboard signs were wrong? 2003 by a meteor. Along the way people made up other theories that sound more convincing. Egh... we ain't outta the woods with the stupidity though, our once in a generation solar climax is estimated to happen in May right? The site "The asylum" Seems to be leaping at the chance to start this all over again as the theorized 2013 end is something NASA says will happen. I may be wrong, people may be educated and not believe the said site but stupid stuff has happened before right?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

And what are you going to say to me when none of that happens tomorrow, move on the date?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The same thing they did with 2003, search for the next valid excuse to toy with.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I am going to get very peeved if that happens tomorrow that a bunch of people start to claim to have been “enlightened”.

They said the world would end, we would all die, that is what the prediction was, an apocalyptic event.

To start trying to twist it because you have been proven wrong is just annoying.

Why can some people on ATS not admit to it when they are wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It would seem most sensical it gets shut down on January 1, 2013.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think that they should just change the name of the 2012 forum.

The new forum name should be "Too Bad Ignorance Isn't Painful" forum.

Just my opinion....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I say keep it up, and we can fill it with heartless I TOLD YOU SO threads...

Although the hardcore 2012'ers will say it did happen and we just d0n't know it
because were on another dimension and were in a synchronatic newer age or
some bs like that... aaaaah i'll ignore it all as I have and be glad when its all over tom..
not figuratively though.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
People are so invested in their beliefs that they will do anything to cling to them. They will point to every winter storm, every beached whale, every aurora borealis as a "sign." They will then begin to tell themselves that world has changed in infinite subtle ways. People's auras are burning brighter. The Space Brothers are broadcasting louder. Maitrea has been spotted in Oslo and Yokahama... Sadly, nothing will change after tomorrow but the stories people tell themselves to feel special.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

And what are you going to say to me when none of that happens tomorrow, move on the date?

It's already happening and has been for 6000 years. The Mayan Long Count Calendar is the Watcher's timeline in stone. Enoch demonstrates.

Mayan Long Count and Enoch

As an example, when does Christ enter this temple a second time to cleanse it with fire?

Global Financial Meltdown - Tables are Turned and the Peacemakers Have No Rest

Tomorrow represents a final countdown to the end of the 120 years allotted for mankind.

Genesis 6 speaks of the fallen beings that corrupted mankind. It then gives us the exact countdown from the time Adam was introduced on Earth.

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

120 x 50 is 6000. 50 represents the (7X7)+1 Jubilee that is the Golden Jubilee. There are 120 of these Jubilees.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look for the final aspect of this in 2017. 2018 is represents the gates of Heaven being opened.

Psalm 118

16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted: the right hand of the Lord doeth valiantly.

17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.

18 The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord:

20 This gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The prediction is that the world will end tomorrow in an apocalyptic event foretold by the ancient Mayan people.

That is not going to happen tomorrow.

This is a thread asking what will happen with this forum, I respect your believes but I fail to see how they are applicable to this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm expecting copious amounts of enlightened, ascended & vibrating on a new level posts/claims.

What will really, really annoy me is the "gradual change' crap. They could drag that one forever.

As for the doom. I'm sure there are going to be people blowing minor stuff out of proportion and out right hoaxes. I just hope it's not too much trouble for the mods.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You reckon we might get some "We translated the calender wrong" Grippers?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The prediction is that the world will end tomorrow in an apocalyptic event foretold by the ancient Mayan people.

That is not going to happen tomorrow.

This is a thread asking what will happen with this forum, I respect your believes but I fail to see how they are applicable to this thread.

Actually, your premise is that the end of the world is predicted by the Mayans and what would then happen to this forum on 2012. The premise is incorrect as the Mayans did not mean what you are saying. Also, the topic of the thread being closed or not was addressed by me by pointing out your premise as inaccurate. Does that help?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

At least it's relevant the fact that the Mayans never said it was the end... Not the True focus on the topic but highly relevant. I reckon this Forum should stay but with a picture of Party poppers or something ridiculous to signify it's hoaxieness. This is above and beyond most hoaxes

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join