It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern CA earthquakes, geysers, mud pots, mass fish kill, sulfur odors & water level drop!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by meticulous

Obviously we are looking at a problem of some magnitude.

I use to water ski Salton sea. I'm without words looking at what I'm seeing on the vids. I had no idea. I walked out in my garage yesterday and I can confirm the smell too. I new in my gut right away that it was seeping up out of the earth some how from some where. I new it wasn't a gas leak. Checked it with wifee and I just got done showing her your post OP. Not sure if that was to smart, but if I kept something like this from her ? And the unthinkable happened ?
Screw that !

Snf

edit on 12-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It sounds like the West Coast is about to pop.

Out of all the scary stuff I have read on ATS that you can tell is based in fairytale land, this story has a stench (no pun intended, I think) of truthfulness to it that definitely effects my gut.

I am seriously worried about our brethren in Cali and the surrounding areas. I remember reading about the Salton area on here even before the EQ swarms, and it seems to me that all the signs are pointing towards something big going down, and sooner rather than later.

The lowering of the water level.
The rise in earthquake activity.
Now a massive, pervasive sulfur smell.

I have 2 friends in California, luckily that is all. I would be warning them if I didn't know for sure that they would a) think I was totally nuts and b) not listen to me either way. I may extend my worries their way anyways.

It's funny (probably the wrong word) but I just recently got an iPhone finally (little late to the party) and of course downloaded a couple of the EQ apps. This was directly before the swarms started. Now every time I get an alert I am convinced that this is it, the big one.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by meticulous

Strange Sulphur smells coming from Southern California;
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Someone give a call to TA or PM to verify the data and shed some light on it. Sulphur smell is always assiciated with Volcanic eruption. Is there any way to check the magma level.. how fast it is filling up?

Any way those who are in CA.. stay awake and safe..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sounds like it is time for anyone living in that area to take an impromptu vacation out of the area. Hopefully, this is just a freaky unexplained thing that will resolve with no issues, but if it does result in a massive earth event, please protect yourselves and your families.

My thoughts go out to everyone on the West Coast. Please take care.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The way things have been going, humanity is doomed.

California events possible, Fuji event possible, Santorini event possible.....and probably many more.

I guess planet earth goes through cycles, and this includes parts of the solar system that are more hazardous, as well as the polarity shift, this might be the start of an era of much geological activity, and possibly atmospheric and space debris activity.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't think it's wise to automatically dismiss the smell as one thing or another. The theory proposed in the articles is actually a pretty reasonable one. Just because others haven't experienced it before, or it hasn't ever reached that far, does not mean it's a lie.

The water drop is nothing new, neither is the salinity. If this is the same place I've read about before, it was developed as a tourist spot in the 1950's through to the 1980's, and since then it's been abandoned due to the death of wildlife. Quite simply, it was a temporary water, like a pond without a source to feed it that dries up over time.

I haven't seen anything in those links about geysers or mud pots either. So really, the only thing new here is the smell as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to see some evidence suggesting that there are new geysers or mud pots, then I might think differently.
But as it stands, everything other than the EQ's and smell mentioned here is pretty old and been ongoing for decades.

It's still interesting, and I do think there is obviously activity there. But we all know that a swarm of EQ's does not always mean a disaster is imminent, and I think combining old events that have been ongoing for decades with the current activity is not lending credibility to the discussion.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Interesting thread.. made me look up some things and there are numerous recent videos of "new" mudpots. Also.. this plume that rides right in between the San Andreas and San Jacinto fault zone.. and the new faults right below Salton City.. pretty interesting stuff!!! CGS released information that there are a series of new faults that sit right under that sea and in between the SA fault and SJ fault zone.. so does this mean literally NEW or newly active? Im not from the W Coast and find this fascinating.. given that Im sitting on the New Madrid now.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm not sure exactly what the term mudpots refers to. I know that increasing seizmic activity increases the rate of energy in the soils, especially over springs and underground water areas forming quickmud or quicksand. The underground currents are dependent on water and the presence of salts from different sources. Energy created by a strong storms rains reacts with the salt alongside roads causing them to become quick. This causes an excitation of the molecules and they wash away. Adding calcium to the soil will slow this action because it buffers the energy currents. If a lot of energy, rain, and salt spray is given to hillsides, it will make more landslides because of this action. Seems like the presence of salt is necessary for this to occur but the articles did not state what salts. It may be something to do with the chloride. This is called Leda clay or quick clay. So constant small earthquakes can cause many things to happen. Lightning hitting the ground can also supply energy as does with geomagnetic currents in tornadoes. I don't know much more than this about this stuff.

I researched this a few years ago because I have areas of my property over an underground river feeding springs down the hill. certain times of the year the clays get like quicksand and if I fell a tree the ground bobbles around like jello.
An old mason told me to put Portland cement by the road to stabilize the end of my driveway, and it worked. It works great, it counteracts the effects of the road salts. He didn't know how it worked but knew how to cure the problem.

If you are stuck in the snow, the presence of salt can liquify the snow if you spin the tires and causes you to sink more. Try not to spin the tires. Once the energy is gone, the snow just turns back to hard snow again.It is the quickening of the snow that causes this. I don't know if calcium will help in this situation because snow is pure water.

Violent storms and earthquakes cause landslides and quickening of the earth. Avalanches can happen because of gunshots because the energy of the noise combined with the stored energy of the weight of the snow can react and weaken the bond. Once something starts sliding the new energy adds to the quickening effect. It becomes almost perpetual.

People from California may already be aware of this stuff, they probably have researched it because they, as I, are personally effected by this stuff..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

How many people on the west coast live within 70 miles of the coast from CA to Wash?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Go to youtube or even earlier in this thread.. many videos of the mudpots are posted. Its an acidic geothermal fumarole. Its not referring to liquification. The point is that there are NEW mudpots forming.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I grew up in southern California and NEVER NEVER EVER smelled anything like that in over the 20 years that I lived there!!!!!

Wow... That sounds BIG....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Could liquification start the process though by initiating currents from way down up to the surface?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

As in Yellowstone the crust in the areas of the mudpots should not be walked on. The heat is destabilizing the ground and is dangerous. Walking around those things could be the last thing you do.

If the smell is from the Salton Sea to SF then the amount that it would take to permeate that area indicates a large amount of magma rising toward the surface. Expect another round of tremors towards SF.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962
I've warned my California pals to GET OUT asap... but none of them listen to me. I'm glad not to be living there any more. Thank God.

Sulfur is the unholy stench of HELL.
yes

Could you just pick up and leave your life today on a hunch?

We that live in CA accept that there will be earthquakes, just like the midwest accepts that there will be tornadoes.

A quake the like of which the movie 2012 portrays would no doubt come with very large precursers, not seeing that.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well I;m officially smelling something now. Smells like fertilizer to me. Nobody near to me that I can see has fertilized.

I'll keep you posted, I am near Palmdale CA. Pretty strong right now, gonna go look to see if it's explainable.

Editing my post to say, I might be smelling things. I smell it in the house, but not outside, (save the jokes!). Let's chock this up to power of suggestion for now. (but it is strong!)
edit on 12-9-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Could liquification start the process though by initiating currents from way down up to the surface?

Not from what Im reading. They are particular to volcanic activity. The point is the smell being hydrogen sulfide that folks are smelling.. its not liquification like you are talking about. Its a combination of geothermal energy, hydrogen sulfide, acid and clay. They exist in low water conditions and the acid makes hot ( geothermal) boiling mud.. not the soils being liquified by shaking or "rapid loading". Its a chemical and geothermal process particular to these formations. There are long standing mud pots in that area.. the point is that during the swarm period, eq activity, and odors.. there are MORE NEW mudpots IE more expulsion of hydrogen sulfide.. and that being the source of the odor and not fish kill or sewer or a propane purge.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I live in San Diego. I'm not worried. They have many, many trained and qualified experts working for the USGS in Southern California. I love a good conspiracy, but on this I'm going to go with the experts.
I just don't see how they would allow millions of people to perish by not giving as much warning as possible.

If there were significant indicators of activity or impending doom I feel confident that our local, state and federal agencies would notify us. If a super volcano or some other natural disaster were about to strike I feel confident they would tell us.

One thing people always overlook when talking about disasters...that us - people (humans) - are our most valuable resource. You can have all the money, land, buildings, infrastructure etc etc etc but what good is it all if nobody is around? It's this reason that keeps me feeling safe that, in this context, I think our Government would do everything in its power to assure our safety.

Just my .02 cents.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Tornadoes now seem to appear out of nowhere. The energy just builds up and erupts into a vortex. I firmly believe that the sun's activity has a lot to do with it. Expect major flares in the next few days.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm sure that the fish kill is related to the smell, not the other way around. Has anybody taken an air sample and had it analyzed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join