It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Book of the Month Club v2.0

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm hoping we could make it a week or two. Although I can read fast, I'm also quite busy.

Plus we don't want to exhaust our list in a couple of weeks do we?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Two weeks would be fine for me as well.

Although I read fast, I have to find a spot to fit it in. Between working full-time, and then keeping up with three children, a soon-to-be husband and one insane kitty cat at home, it's not too often that I can get a whole day all to myself!

But the good news is that when I ran home at lunch today, the book was waiting on my doorstep already!

I sure do love amazon...lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Two weeks is fine for me too.
I'll just throw some trashy paranormal books in between to get me though.
I'm a book junkie.
Do you think they have a treatment for that? LOL

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, done with Dog Stars and halfway through Galapagos, so chime in if your done.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Finished with Dog Stars and hoping to read Galapagos this weekend

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, is anyone coming back to discuss either one of these?

If not, Dustbowl, you can U2U me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Chiefsmom, I sent you a u2u. Maybe everyone would have more time for discussion this weekend?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

LOL I have no internet at home, but I can always jump in on Monday.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well, I guess I'm ready when you are to get to the discussing part of this. I still haven't gotten thru Galapagos, but we can do Dog Stars if you want....

Where the heck did everyone go??? Where's Beezzer run off to? I feel bad not waiting for the mastermind behind this little club!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
*******WARNING:MAY CONTAINS SPOILER*****

I really liked Dog Stars. It took a bit to get used to the style of writing, but it hooked me right away and kept me interested.
I liked the contrast in personalities between Hig and (forgot). With (forgot)'s shoot first, never question anything later attitude, and Hig's calm quite, they are surprisingly good together.
Of course, the loss of the dog made me cry and I was really hoping another one would make an appearance.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ditto on the dog, Jasper. When he died, it made me cry too. And your are right on about the "odd couple" quality of the pairing of Hig and (I think) Bangley (was that his name?).

And there are several parts of the story that I can totally see happening if some massive level event like this went down, but a few parts....hmmmm....I don't know. For instance, there weren't many female characters in the book at all, at least not after the Big Sick. I recall the young girl that bangley shot when she was chasing Hig, the old lady at the Airport of Death and then the main chick that Hig ends up with. Far more men in this story than women, so being a woman, that makes me take pause and wonder how a woman on her own would survive in this type of world. And honestly, one of the first "after TSHT/Apocolypse/Doomsday" type scenarios that I have read which didn't include rape and enslavement of women. I found that surprising, but in a really good way.

But the old couple at the Airport of Death, that whole situation, just gave me the frigging heebeejeebees, man.

And I really enjoyed Hig meeting and making friends with the old man and his daughter. The woman's father...something about him brought to mind my grandfather

I will be back for more tomorrow morning, but right now I gotta get the munchkin to karate class!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I dropped the ball.

I got busy. I got distracted. I could blame ADD but. . .

ooooh, something shiny!

Sorry. It is my fault. Folks, get busy, lets pick up steam, a couple of people have already beat everyone to the punch.

Cheers to you all who have kept true.

I will get off my lazy duff and join as soon as I can.

Again, I can only offer an apology and state that I will do better.

beez

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

For pete's sake, with that post, and that avatar, how can anyone be mad at you?

Don't worry about it, life happens. And some of us are just Book Junkies and get excited over anything with pages!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by beezzer

For pete's sake, with that post, and that avatar, how can anyone be mad at you?

Don't worry about it, life happens. And some of us are just Book Junkies and get excited over anything with pages!

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey, it's no big deal. Heck, I think chiefsmom is the only one who has read both of the books. I still haven't finished Galapagos. I just don't want this thread to fade into obscurity, cuz I'm excited about it! I think once we can get going, this will be fantastic.

Off topic - I love your title thingy above your avatar (used to say Bunny of constant sorrow - cracked me up). Today when I came on here and looked at the thread and saw him, this started playing in my head:
"I always feel like, some bunny's watching me..."

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DustbowlDebutante
reply to post by beezzer

Hey, it's no big deal. Heck, I think chiefsmom is the only one who has read both of the books. I still haven't finished Galapagos. I just don't want this thread to fade into obscurity, cuz I'm excited about it! I think once we can get going, this will be fantastic.

Off topic - I love your title thingy above your avatar (used to say Bunny of constant sorrow - cracked me up). Today when I came on here and looked at the thread and saw him, this started playing in my head:
"I always feel like, some bunny's watching me..."

Appreciate the kind words.

I actually got that tag line from this. . .

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, when I saw you had changed the tagline, I immediately recognized the song your current tagline comes from. Always makes me chuckle

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Beezer, this is a great idea, I am all for it. I really need a distraction from all the election insanity in the air, this might be the perfect thing, I'll be checking in to see what's up!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join