It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your views on the show Ghost adventures

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Oh yeah Ghost Hunters has many strikes against them. The ex employee was the nail in the coffin. There was a thread on ATS about it as well, here it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yep, that was the thread.

ty!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Armadall
A long time ago I used to be an avid watcher of Most Haunted...

If it's any ghost show that is absurd and buulcrap, it is Most Haunted. Most pathetic ghost show ever in my opinion.

Believe it or not, down here on Pay TV, it tells you what shows you can watch etc. And someone named the show "Bull# investigators."
I still laugh till this day!

Don't get "Most Haunted" and "The Haunted" confused with one another. "The Haunted" is actually some of the best shows I've ever seen. Just thought I'd throw that in.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yeah totally agree! Most Haunted is crap but the Haunted is pretty good. Like actual personal accounts a it's good stuff

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ghost Adventues has always been my fav. but Zak can get on my nerves very quickly sometimes. I think they get the best evidence and I like how they present it, instead of waiting until a 'reveal' set up or at the end of the show. Plus, they try many different things and are willing to try new devices. I like their approach.

Ghost Hunters lost me after that very famous Live Halloween hoax episode. Grant comes off as a hoaxer to me, especially since he made a device to pull his coat collar up the way he did, otherwise known as 'Collargate'. And whatever you do, don't ask questions about 'Collargate' on their website because it will get you an automatic ban! It was obviously fake. And Jason seems very arrogant. Who goes to a place to do an investigation and ask very arrogantly "what do you want from us", Like Jason does? I don't get them. And they show a clip of Steve Gonsalves & Tango screaming like little girls and when they come back from break, it was a bug. Everytime! I'm afraid to watch anymore because Steve & Tango OBVIOUSLY have pent-up sexual energy for each other and that's something I don't wish to see.

Ghost Hunters drools
Ghost Adventures rules!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
Hey everyone I've just started watching the show ghost adventures and I've got to say I'm really enjoying it compared to most other shows about paranormal investigators.

I'm not trying to say I believe it's all 100% true nor am I saying it's fake, I'm just curious to see what other peoples opinions of the show are?

Looking forward to your input

Its fake........

For one I lived in Boise when they did the lockdown there, they went around trying to find people to buy rattle snakes from, so they could pretend that the hill behind the prison was infested........you see it later on in the show when they "find rattlers"

Also the EVPs a lot of the time they get, are a stretch at best, and nonsense at worst.........

They also coaxed the people they filmed there to embellish the stories .....adding things that were often not even experienced.........

I lived in boise at the time and knew a few of the people personally that reported this to me.....

you can read tons of reports on them if you google them hoax......theyve had a lot......

Its a fun show to watch, but i take everything they do with more skepticism then I would with other shows.....

The flair, the over reaction.......the constant yelling.............

Its entertainment value, but nothing more..........

Anyways, just my input and experience having them in our city......and some 2nd hand accounts......

I suppose ill get bashed for this....

Personally I like "dead files" not so much ghost hunting really but....its pretty cool

edit on 13-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

if i watched a prog called " ghost adventures " - i would expect to see adventuresus ghosts - well having adventures - like exploring caves or rock climing or going sailing , scuba diving , bungee jumping , paragiding , undertaking long distance [ 300km + backpacking ] walks or treking in the hymalyas and the like

but i suspect that what i would see is the usual boring lame ` paranormal " investigation "` crap that makes me want to kill the presenters

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Haha yeah I guess it won't be your thing then, and yeah I reckon the name of the show is pretty weird too almost sounds like a kids programme.

But hey I enjoy it

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Na man like I said I'm not saying it's fake or real just asking for opinions which everyone is entitled to their own, so hopefully people don't get all silly over your comments, it's what I was asking for.

Thanks for your input it's good to hear about stuff like this

edit on 13-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I loved Ghost Hunters, when it first started. I think it has gone way downhill because of production, but I still watch. I watched the first few episodes of Ghost Adventures because I thought it would be similar. To be honest, I just can't get into it. After this thread I decided I'm going to watch a few more to give it another chance. I feel as if they find too much evidence. This lead me to believe some of their stuff have to be faked. I'm not hating on your opinion or the thread, but I am much more a Ghost Hunters fan. I feel as if the intentions are better. We'll see if a few more episodes tonight will change my mind though !

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Ghost Hunters International was good too.
I liked them all.
But after a while,it seems like a lot of these shows begin to all be the same thing,
over and over again.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Didn't realize this many people on here enjoyed Ghost Adventures.

It is my favorite "ghost hunting" show. I don't know if the stuff is real or not, but it's interesting. I like learning the history of their locations and I've heard some pretty amazing evps on that show.

To me, it's more entertaining than Ghost Hunters and I like that they show the evidence as they catch it, instead of waiting until the very end. Makes it feel like you're going along for the ride that way.

Nice show, though.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!! Ghost Hunters SUCKS~!!!!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I read in an article that it actually affected Aaron the most... i think it was when they went to Bobby Macky's place... and it ruined his marriage with his wife... interesting read

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

i'm sure you could experience sumthn in flander's fields

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am a reformed ghost believer. I thought I lived in a haunted house growing up, but I'm going to chock it up to an over active imagination now. It is too easy to poke holes in a lot of Ghost theory. The tactics and devices used are some of the least scientific methods ever. Every show about ghosts on TV is fake. They need ratings to get advertisers to pay the bills and ratings don't come from idiots rambling in an empty house with no "activity". These shows are all scripted and produced. All of the evidence and EVPs' could be EASILY faked. Think about it. If I seriously wanted to find ghosts want to know what I would do? I would go to the supposedly most haunted place in the world. Set up a network of sensors that supposedly detect spirits and cameras that could record in every spectrum of light possible. Then I would try to control the environment as much as possible to rule out any possible outside interference. After all that I would monitor the place for 6 months maybe even a year, maybe longer than that. It would depend on my level of dedication and what "evidence" may or may not present itself. I would also have a team of scientific experts trained in various fields to monitor and analyze data and to discount possible natural anomalies I may not realize exist. That way I would be certain when I had real evidence that could be presented to the scientific community in order to best state my case. Traveling to random, uncontrolled locations for a night of random filming is not the way to prove the existence of ghosts or really anything else unexplained for that matter. Oh and why does it have to be just at night? Just my 2 cents.
edit on 5/15/2012 by XTTIOTX because: addition

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XTTIOTX

Yeah, I could never understand why none of them do day investigations either. I do.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

that information doesn't surprise me at all!!!

so, i have to say that i cannot watch any ghost show at night even if i think it's fake. i like ghost adventures because it's funny but after a while it's the same thing over and over. zak starts to get on my nerves because i feel like he's got a weird obsession with trying to be cool. i don't think it's real for the most part.... although they've probably had some odd things happen to them. i think the main goal is to make money and entertain people and in that respect they do a pretty good job.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hossway17

That's really interesting Hoss. I had no idea it ruined his marraige. What a shame. Aaron is a really nice humble man.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Being interested in the paranormal I enjoy watching ghost adventures, I also enjoy watching ghost hunters, my ghost story, and fact or faked paranormal files.

I find the shows entertaining to watch even though I believe they fake evidence. Sometime I believe I can even debunk some of they'er evidence. I do not believe they fake things all the time though.

The simple fact that they go to these notorious haunted locations will get me watching. There is a few locations id like to visit but until then ill just have to watch them on tv.

Speaking of the paranormal, ot seems like its been a slow year for evidence. I haven't seen a good para thread in a while. Whats up with that?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join