It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your views on the show Ghost adventures

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow I'm glad I'm getting such positive responses to this thread and I'm also glad I'm not the only one that loves the show!

Thanks for responding everyone and keep the posts coming

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by daydoesez

My favourite episode of all was when the old guy did the prat fall !
Lived opposite the prison ?

I rewound that so many times !
Poor guy, felt for him, but it was hilarious !

Peace

Hahaha yeah i've gotta say even though it's cruel I laughed at that bit too, but other than that yeah that was a pretty good episode.

One of my favourite episodes so far is the one where they go to that Castillo de San Marcos place, that was a freaky one

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles
reply to post by doodles40

I have been watching Ghost Adventures for a long time. I find it to be alot more interesting then other shows that are out there. The guys tend to work together well, its cool cause they add alot of personality and comedy to the show as well.

Alot of the places they go are also pretty interesting just in general, the wax museum, Goldfield Hotel, ect..

Funniest thing I ever saw on Ghost Adventures...Zak getting scratches and crying about it LOL!! He gives Nick a hard time earlier in the show about not being afraid and standing his ground then runs out like a girl when he gets scratched!!

Not saying I wouldnt get the heck out of there myself but it was still funny as hell...

I think that was the episode at Bobby Flays you can probably find it on youtube..

anyways thats my opinion Good Luck

But they only air like 6 to 8 shows at a time. I'd bet they go to more places than that and just don't get enough. Plus I have noticed they use more history filler sometime times when they are lacking in evidence. There are just some places out there that are haunted, period. No if's ands or buts about it. I also think some people attract more activity than others.
That's cool you GH. I appreciate the science behind proving life after death. Seen may things myself. I know it's a real phenomena.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I too am surprised at all the positive replies. When I first saw your thread before I even came in I thought for sure they were gonna crucify you haha. A lot of folks on ATS can be so harsh. I'm getting ready to watch GA now. It starts in 10 mins. This episode is called "The Copper Queen Hotel & The Oliver House." I haven't seen it yet.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Armadall
A long time ago I used to be an avid watcher of Most Haunted...

If it's any ghost show that is absurd and buulcrap, it is Most Haunted. Most pathetic ghost show ever in my opinion.

Believe it or not, down here on Pay TV, it tells you what shows you can watch etc. And someone named the show "Bull# investigators."
I still laugh till this day!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne

I too am surprised at all the positive replies. When I first saw your thread before I even came in I thought for sure they were gonna crucify you haha. A lot of folks on ATS can be so harsh. I'm getting ready to watch GA now. It starts in 10 mins. This episode is called "The Copper Queen Hotel & The Oliver House." I haven't seen it yet.

Yeah man totally thought I was going to get ripped apart by all the skeptics that prowl ATS

Lucky you, it dosn't air over here in New Zealand I had to get the episodes off a friend of mine that downloaded the seasons.

And it's cool that even the closest thing to a negative we've got is withkin's comments which aren't even that bad and are understandable, and also kind of cool

Overall I'm even surprised to get as much response as I have which is awesome so thanks for keeping it going. There's also some other cool things that are coming out of it too like people's accounts and people that are actual Ghost hunters.
edit on 12-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

If it's any ghost show that is absurd and buulcrap, it is Most Haunted. Most pathetic ghost show ever in my opinion.

Believe it or not, down here on Pay TV, it tells you what shows you can watch etc. And someone named the show "Bull# investigators."

Hahaha totally agree dude. When I first started watching most haunted I only kind of enjoyed it because it was pretty much the only ghost show on tv at the time over here. But yeah so much of it is BS and frustrating.

The episode I found the most hilarious was the one where one of the so called "psychics" pretended to be possessed and looked like an idiot yelling out names and places which turned out to have nothing to do with the history of the place. Was a classic, you know it's BS if even the BS investigators are calling BS

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40

Originally posted by daaskapital

Hahaha totally agree dude. When I first started watching most haunted I only kind of enjoyed it because it was pretty much the only ghost show on tv at the time over here. But yeah so much of it is BS and frustrating.

The episode I found the most hilarious was the one where one of the so called "psychics" pretended to be possessed and looked like an idiot yelling out names and places which turned out to have nothing to do with the history of the place. Was a classic, you know it's BS if even the BS investigators are calling BS

I remember watching it and i would just laugh throughout it is that funny. I still watch it every now and then for the laughs

I love watching the so called "psychics" walking around. "I feel energy here. Jenny, is that you?"

I feel that GA is the most legit team on TV, moreso than Ghost Hunters and all the otehr recently new shows. If the GA crew aren't legit, then they must be awesome actors. I just wish that they would visit Britain or come down here to Australia because they are missing out on all the awesome stuff from around the world!

edit on 12-5-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I LOVE this show... but I also believe it to be 100% fake.

You will notice in time after watching for a while that some of the best "evidence" they gather is usually stuff told to you after it happens because there was a "malfunction" or they were not set up yet.

That being said there are some very compelling episodes, but I believe most of this is fake.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I also enjoy watching Ghost Adventures.
It's on right now while I was searching ATS & found this thread.
I too am surprised of all the positive responces.
I have seen every episode to date.
Even though most of it is fabricated IMO, they do seem to get some creepy stuff.
That first episode was quite surprising to me. Hard to fake that!

The one thing that I have a hard time believing in is why all these batteries keep failing.
They say it's the 'spirits' draining them so...
Why don't they just bring some car batteries along with them & place them about?
Seems logical to me...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I appreciate your comments and I don't think of this as an arguement. I have to admit I have only been to one place that the GA Crew has investigated, and it is a location that is very close to my heart... and that is Linda Vista Hospital. My crew and I have spent 15 nights there (with the permission from the owner of the property) and nothing ever happened. I spent over two years alone researching that place. We tried everything we could to get a "response", and nothing... I was really upset with that episode (the first one) because they didn't explain the history right, they didn't mention the fact that there are many many many broken windows in that place, and outside noise travels thoughout the place. When you're there it is obvious that the noise is coming from outside.
If you watch both Linda Vista episodes back to back you will see they contradict themselves. Another thing to watch is Aaron's Video Blog the day before there first trip to Linda Vista. It is very obvious that they don't really know the history of the locations they are visiting because in the Vlog, Zak calls it "Linda Vista Hotel".

Another thing that really cracks me up about GA and the Linda Vista episode is, they spend all this time calling out for ghost, and then when they "see" one, they run!!!! That is funny as hell. How are you going to act all brave and sometimes demand the ghost to show up, then when it does, you run?

These are just my opinions....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I love all of the ghost shows they are doing now. Especially the ones WITH the psychics. I personally hope to do that myself some day

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by TopherWayne

Wow lucky you! Yeah that's a good episode! And that's what I like about it too is how he is kind of skeptical aswell not like other shows where there hear a noise or something and are like that's definitely paranormal. And I also love that they get right into it and stick it out. I can't stand how in other shows when they do experience anything they scream and run away, but these dudes go quiet and follow it.

Yeah I was wondering whether things followed them home because you would think so with the way he goes in and antagonises the "spirits"

I would really love to check out some of these places but unfortunately I live in New Zealand
haha
edit on 11-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

Yes there is an episode where he talks about how a spirit ruined his marriage.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Its a great show. Very well put together and interesting. I like the research they do ahead of the lock downs, it

helps cut through the bs. The show really makes me wonder about "the otherside", though I'm still not sure...

Guess I'd have to be there or have a experence myself.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Witkin

Wow yeah I thought that was one of the freekyest places they visited so I can see where you're coming from if you have been there quite a lot. Oh and I've only seen the first Linda Vista Hospital episode so far I'll make sure to pay close attention when I see the next one.

Thanks for your professional opinion, it is much appreciated

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Its a great show. Very well put together and interesting. I like the research they do ahead of the lock downs, it

helps cut through the bs. The show really makes me wonder about "the otherside", though I'm still not sure...

Guess I'd have to be there or have a experence myself.

Yea definitely agree, I really enjoy the historical part of it too and all the background research they do on some of the sites. At least the history part is one part you know isn't BS

Or at least I hope not? haha

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, I can't personally vouch for the shows credibility, but I do know that Hollywood does like to take something and turn it into a lot more than it is. Especially when it comes to ghosts and psychic phenomenon. It is very hard from what I understand, to keep them honest as they dramatize to drum up viewers.

A friend of mine co produces a bunch of shows and has said it is always a battle to keep it accurate and not to let Hollywood run wild with it.

I'm not sure about the ghost hunting shows though, as I have never been on a ghost hunt or seen anyone do it live.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
WARNING:
Do not watch the following videos if you do not want to spoil the fun of watching this show.

As I said in my previous post, I love this show. It is fun for me. I love turning off all the lights, sitting in the dark, and hoping something happens that gives me the heebeegeebeez, but I do think this show is fake and here is some pretty decent evidence that suggest at least some parts are indeed faked.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Hahaha yeah some of that stuff is pretty dodgey alright

Oh well like you said it's still entertaining to watch so i'm still gonna keep watching

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

It seems to me that Ghost hunters was the same way. One of the girls in the team left and went off on a tangent about it being faked or something, I don't remember what exactly was said though.

There is probably a thread on it here somewhere. Most likely that is where I read it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join