It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2, 2012: Largest Tornado Outbreak on Record?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Nevermind.

edit on 3-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

Can we stick to the topic please????

Create your OWN thread,of the ills of America.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Map of Damage

Heres a comprehensive map,of the devastation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nevermind....

edit on 3-3-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

This is the topic:

Not karma, the US government or other derailing asides.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to my attenton as I had no idea and hve plenty of people that live all through imma have to call now and make sure they're ok... This is why I love ATS btw way to give a heads up.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

Any further disruptions in this thread may result in Temporary Posting Bans as well as post removals.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What is the deal with all the off topic posts? This thread is on the verge of dying a death.

Back to the point; Its funny how records continue to be broken in terms of extreme weather. I don't know how long the tornado system lasts for, but surely it is only going to get worse? What is traditionally the worst month?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Intense for sure, and I hope for everyone's safety. I have been adding this link to these threads because imo, it has the best up to dat info and graphs. Scroll down to see all of them.
www.livewxradar.com...

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

nothing to see here, move along, move along. This is all normal weather activities, nothing to worry about and it will happen AGAIN. Move along people, move along. This has nothing to do with what is comming towards earth, move along people move along. Also to note, please do not worry about the earthquakes either, this is all just NORMAL, so put back on the tin foil hat and relax behind the computer or t.v.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Super Outbreak is the second largest tornado outbreak on record for a single 24-hour period, just behind the tornado outbreak of April 25–28, 2011. It was also the most violent tornado outbreak ever recorded, with 30 F4/F5 tornadoes reported. From April 3 to April 4, 1974, there were 148 tornadoes confirmed in 13 US states, including Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and New York; and the Canadian province of Ontario.

en.wikipedia.org...

. In total, 359 tornadoes were confirmed by the National Weather Service in 21 states from Texas to New York and even isolated tornadoes in Canada

en.wikipedia.org...

And that is from 2011.
edit on 3-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Also no need to worry that the Massive cloud covered half of the united states. Nothing to worry about people, move along, move along. DO THESE PEOPLE really think that we are going to take that JIVE. Something is definately WRONG with EARTH and other planets. Ever ask yourself, WHY?
How much more worse is this going to get before people start to wake up and say, WHATS GOING ON HERE. All the houses lost and this will only make the economy even WORSE. Wierd stuff happening not only to earth, but other planets as well. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Tornado outbreaks are nothing rare in the USA

The Super Outbreak of tornadoes of 3–4 April 1974 remains one of the most outstanding severe convective weather episodes of record in the continental United States. The outbreak far surpassed previous and succeeding events in severity, longevity and extent, with the notable exception of the April 2011 outbreak. With a death toll of over 300, this outbreak was the deadliest since the 1936 Tupelo-Gainesville tornado outbreak. Its death toll would also not be surpassed until 2011, when that year's April 25–28 tornado outbreak killed at least 340 people.

The Super Outbreak is the second largest tornado outbreak on record for a single 24-hour period, just behind the tornado outbreak of April 25–28, 2011. It was also the most violent tornado outbreak ever recorded, with 30 F4/F5 tornadoes reported. From April 3 to April 4, 1974, there were 148 tornadoes confirmed in 13 US states, including Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and New York; and the Canadian province of Ontario. It extensively damaged approximately 900 square miles (2,330 square kilometers) along a total combined path length of 2,600 miles (4,200 km).[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Just look at all these TORNADO outbreaks going back to the year 1787 !!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nevermind.
I read it as though you were bringing attention to just 1787.
Sorry about that. Carry on.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

HAARP Induced..... Also not to take away from this disaster/ attack. But my country also got hit with HAARP yesterday quite bad. The news referred to it as a "Weather Bomb"

www.stuff.co.nz...

This is Weaponized Geo-Engineering. Please care this science is legit and the U.S Airforce lie about HAARP's purpose.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
DON'T WORRY, this has NOTHING to do with that we are entering into the galactic plane, so if the tornadoes get worse and more of them DON'T WORRY , it is normal. It's all NORMAL. No worries, ok.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Although the March 2nd outbreak was bad, it doesn't even come close to record breaking. I honestly thought it was going to be much worse just looking at the radar at about 2 pm yesterday as supercells were initiating all over the place, but many of them did not mature into classic tornadic supercells.

One thing you must remember is that numbers of tornadoes on record recently are higher than say, 50 or 60 years ago, because there are more people witnessing them, there is better communication to confirm them, and the Nation Weather Service has dedicated teams to confirm numbers of tornadoes via damage surveys, both from the air, and on foot.

To put things into perspective, yesterday and as of 22:00 UTC, today, this synoptic scale storm system has produced 110 initial reports of tornadoes. That number will go down in number as NWS survey teams confirm damage paths. Essentially, what that means is, many initial reports called in to the NWS and emergency managers are of the same tornado. Individual tornadoes are counted multiple times until damage surveys are done.

So, with that said, there are dozens of outbreaks that were more severe than yesterdays. The April 25-28 outbreak in the deep south last year had 359 confirmed tornadoes and 322 fatalities. The March 2nd 2012 outbreak only has 38 fatalities as of now. The Super Outbreak of 1974 had 319 fatalities.

Heck, even the Super Tuesday outbreak on February 2nd, 2008 was bigger than yesterday. 91 CONFIRMED tornadoes and 57 fatalities. That event occurred in the same area as yesterday and occurred exactly one month earlier.

source

I think many of you have just now learned that the United States gets severe weather. always has, always will. The US arguably gets the worst severe storms of any country on Earth.

I remember, when I first got interested in severe storms, looking at the radar during the May 2003 outbreak. That has much greater ariel coverage than yesterday, 401 tornadoes reports, and almost every thunderstorm that erupted, especially on the 4th, was a classic cyclical tornadic supercell. You can go on Youtube and see some video from that outbreak. MONSTER tornadoes.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

HAARP Induced..... Also not to take away from this disaster/ attack. But my country also got hit with HAARP yesterday quite bad. The news referred to it as a "Weather Bomb"

www.stuff.co.nz...

This is Weaponized Geo-Engineering. Please care this science is legit and the U.S Airforce lie about HAARP's purpose.

Hogwash; when HAARP wasn't even in existence, what created the 1974 Super Outbreak and all the other outbreaks that occurred since records have been kept in the United States? The tooth fairy?

HAARP.
Such a distraction for people who have no science background.

In 1925, the tri state tornado killed 695 people. One tornado with a track of 220 miles. There was no HAARP back then. So tell me HAARPers, what caused it? Surely it couldn't have been mother nature...

source
edit on 3-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join