It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Were Warned! Obama Adminstration Gathering personal Data on Sites Like ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Last year and before, the administration began taking steps to enable the surreptitious monitoring of sites such as ATS.
Gov't Admits Spying on Blogs and Forums

Government Proposes Massive Shift in Online Privacy Policy

They’re Here! Obama Disinformation Agents Are Actively Posting Against Critics

Now, Janet Napolitano has issued internal directives allowing government snoops to compile personal info of anyone posting news and blogs that catch the attentaion of the Obama administration and its minions.

Under the National Operations Center (NOC)’s Media Monitoring Initiative that came out of DHS headquarters in November, Washington has the written permission to retain data on users of social media and online networking platforms.

Specifically, the DHS announced the NCO and its Office of Operations Coordination and Planning (OPS) can collect personal information from news anchors, journalists, reporters or anyone who may use “traditional and/or social media in real time to keep their audience situationally aware and informed.”

According to the Department of Homeland Security’s own definition of personal identifiable information, or PII, such data could consist of any intellect “that permits the identity of an individual to be directly or indirectly inferred, including any information which is linked or linkable to that individual.” Previously established guidelines within the administration say that data could only be collected under authorization set forth by written code, but the new provisions in the NOC’s write-up means that any reporter, whether someone along the lines of Walter Cronkite or a budding blogger, can be victimized by the agency.
The department says that they will only scour publically-made info available while retaining data, but it doesn’t help but raise suspicion as to why the government is going out of their way to spend time, money and resources on watching over those that helped bring news to the masses.

Whoa: Obama Administration Monitoring Journalists

+114 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Obama and his thugs can kiss my lily white ass, hows that for dissent?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is an interesting (but not surprising) story.

What I'd like to know is how this news story directly impacts the members at ATS. You might not know the answer to this, so I'm asking you to speculate.

How does this situation play itself out here? Are they reading our posts, figuring out our identities, squirelling us away in a file?

Do these so called "spies" really have memberships here and are they posting on the boards?

How does this effect us directly?

Curious.
edit on 11-1-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Will i get in trouble if i put Obama and..............................Bomb together ._. i think i hear knocking at my door. Seriously tho this is getting too extreme if they can handle people, why take the job, Give people Straight facts, Be honest, and do as your told and sights like this wouldn't exist

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IceScales

What are we the only non cowards?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well Obama, and any other administrations or alphabet agencies that may follow your administration, since you're going to be monitoring what we post and there is a chance you may monitor this one, do you think perhaps you can finagle the Florida Lottery so that I win big?

I promise if you do I most surely will have WAYYYY less time to visit ATS thus I will be significantly less likely to post something that may or may not be detrimental to your current or future agendas.

At least toss the idea around...

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I do not color Obama black or white. I color him EVIL. But I am not surprised this happens. It is just another sign that a complete house cleaning is in order to let the Washington elite know that we the people are their employers. Somebody once said something to the effect that "People should not fear the government. Government should fear the people". I believe that is especially true today. I pray that people wake up and stop voting for Republicans and Democrats and they will eventually be out of business. Each election cycle we get to choose between the evil, lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat candidate or the evil, lying, thieving, sodomite Republican candidate. Choosing the lesser of two evils is not a choice. We are playing a rigged game and the only way out is to break the game.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Maybe we should stop posting things that favor Ron Paul since Obama will probably be on here trying to steal our ideas...Maybe we should stay ghost for awhile????

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

How does this situation play itself out here? Are they reading our posts, figuring out our identities, squirelling us away in a file?

Do these so called "spies" really have memberships here and are they posting on the boards?

I've always thought that they had a super computer somewhere, taking note of certain words that get heard from phone conversations, or picked up from computer postings, emails, etc.

Those certain words then get looked at in the context of the conversation, and from there, if needed, they delve into who, when, where, why, what from email, ip addresses, phone numbers, street cameras.........

They probably monitor more than we think.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Well Obama, and any other administrations or alphabet agencies that may follow your administration, since you're going to be monitoring what we post and there is a chance you may monitor this one, do you think perhaps you can finagle the Florida Lottery so that I win big?

I promise if you do I most surely will have WAYYYY less time to visit ATS thus I will be significantly less likely to post something that may or may not be detrimental to your current or future agendas.

At least toss the idea around...

Naw, they arent that talented to do something like that....
besides, I would love to win the mega or pch myself..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If I were Obama I'd be watching this site too,
there is a ton of ill will towards him and it's fueled
by shill news organizations. Like Townhall.com

Look at the banner above on your ATS page.
Probably an Ad about Obama coming to get ya !

Now who would be paying for all those ads ?
All those bizarre, stretched and false stories.
Why are they always trying to scare you?

I bet if you vote for Obama you'll still be able
to hate him for the next four years quite safely.
And in the next 4 years I bet you'll
keep all your guns and survival gear
and your ATS account.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It's unclear exactly why, but the Department of Homeland has been operating a "Social Networking/Media Capability" program to monitor the top blogs, forums and social networks online for at least the past 18 months.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Seems to be in the news at moment.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The Only Thing We have to Fear , is Fear itself .....................God's got my Back , who's got Obamas ? .........

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Just reading about this, We need a non centralized Internet!! everything is logged.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
Obama and his thugs can kiss my lily white ass, hows that for dissent?

Haha, that's exactly the kind of resistance we need. Excellent! Anyhow, this somehow does not surprise me. Not one little bit. =/

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I know Outkast has Obamas back...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

If he's watching he might as well know what I think of him and his radical ways.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is like a turd to a fly.
Dont listen to them Uncle Barmy coz I still LOVE YA oops spelling mistake meant to type LOATH YA

+45 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Nuff said.............

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They-would-be-more-concerned-with-activists-who-act-rather-than-armchair-generals-who-armchair.
Anyone-who-is-worth-watching-would-be-smart-enough-not-to-write-about-it-on-an-Information-superhighway-with-speed-cameras
edit on 11-1-2012 by 12voltz because: my-pc-just-caught-the-flu

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join