It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Were Warned! Obama Adminstration Gathering personal Data on Sites Like ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

They’re Here! Obama Disinformation Agents Are Actively Posting Against Critics

No surprise there, when people wont listen to reason they obviously have an agenda.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They don't mean to make a secret that they're watching us. They want us to read all about it. They want us to hesitate to say anything critical. They want us to get scared and sit on our butts and cry about how scary and all-powerful they are.

But they're not. This BS won't stand. The NDAA won't stand. Drones circling our homes and gathering places won't stand. Institutionalized police brutality won't stand. SOPA and PIPA won't stand. Internet IDs won't stand....

This is just another sign that they have good reason to fear us; and they ARE starting to fear us--more than we fear them. As long as they have us splintered and divided and at each other's throats they're safe; but when they get us ALL pissed at them they're in serious trouble. And the more they do this sort of thing, the more of us they get pissed off.

This will not stand....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Homeland Security Is Monitoring The Drudge Report, The New York Times

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Well Obama and his minions are every bit the monsters I thought they were, they certainly didn't let me down.
edit on 093131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why do people act surprised that they are monitoring the net?

They have been doing it since the beginning.......

I have said it many times,,,,,,,,

There are exercises you can do to get their attention for a while....

I know I have done it before....................

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

We aren't surprised, that's exactly what we knew would happen

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Make no mistake in the belief of the gathering of data. They know who you are. SOPA(if in accordance with Internet ID) will alloy the criminals(identity theft) to know who you are too. Not to mention when needed they(local law enforcement, FEDs, etc) can tap into your e-mail address:

The legal dust-up, unsealed late Tuesday, concerns a 1986 law that already allows the government to obtain a suspect’s e-mail from an ISP or webmail provider without a probable-cause warrant, once it’s been stored for 180 days or more.
Wired-2010

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...

ATS did not make the list?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thats no surprise, everything is monitored and logged, and analyzed by big computers.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
They are just worried about Ron Paul...thats all
edit on 1/12/2012 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just some advice here. Obama holds regular sweepstakes for his donators. If you get on his email list, they will email you the next time they have one. The prize? A meet and greet with Obama himself. Now sweepstakes have to have free entry, so you can still enter them at an alternate link without donating. Then you can tell the big guy what you think on his very own dime.

Donate to Obama

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
While it is creepy, the first ammendment, while allowing for free speech, does not state that people/governments can't listen in, can't monitor.

Now what people/governments DO after listening is subject to interpretation and should be monitored by the people.

(Did you gov guys get that?
)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It's so too late already that this is truly "ummm, yeah." news. I have to admit the increasing amount of this in the MSM is interesting. I feel that the more they say this kind of thing in public, the better for those trying to wake people up. It's too late to choose a side, and if you didn't, they already have for you. It's an amazing time in human history.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
We have always been monitored here at ATS. They have always been watching this site, it is one of the biggest conspiracy websites out there, it's going to attract attention.

I think they read this place to see what the general consensus is on conspiracy theories.
They get to see what we think and I'm sure they get a good laugh when reading some of our stories.

Let them read, the truth is here buried in a bunch of lies, if truth shines people will make sure and lie about it.

It's a weird cycle.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Oh boy, I am a dead man walking!

I keep posting about the reality of Faked events and news-stories, something
they don't want anyone investigating or placing any credence in, as the general
realisation of these truths breaks their stranglehold and exposes their strongest
weapon, total control of the main stream media, bringing their extensive house
of cards crumbling down!

Why ATS? Why? I signed up here in confidence. I didn't foresee this conspiracy!

Oh hang on, there is someone at the door. Very early here for visitors.
Anyway, back in a jiffy....

ETA: It was just the postman (not the usual guy), hand delivering a letter??
That's the first time I ever shook hands with a postman. What a nice man.
Anyway maybe there's nothing to the story in the OP. I'm just off to get
myself a sticky plaster. I must of pricked my finger somehow as it is bleeding a little.

Cheerio.
edit on 12-1-2012 by pshea38 because: Add The ETA

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You all seem to be concerned.

All I see is a direct line of sight to the ethos of this administration.

You do not hate such people. You educate them, and make them on your side. And if they refuse reality, you expose them for what they are.

Do none of you realize that propaganda works both ways? That any outlet can be made an inlet? That you can literally influence the administration through their tools?

Why hate it? Why go to war over it? You want to say something, say it. You want to expose the blind, expose.

I really just don't understand why you are so concerned over these things.

The internet is a vortex. Once you jump in, you cannot escape what you have done on it. The internet binds all and builds all. You either work with it, or are trampled by it.

You can lie on the internet. You cannot lie to the internet.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Relax people!!
Only the evil Obama administration would do such a thing

I'm sure our interwebz is safe again as soon as Obama's neo-con "opponents" are back in the White House, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes, this is very true. However, it is what they are DOING WITH the information that we should be concerned about. Could this tie-in to the recent approval of Congress that allows TPTB to arrest anyone they 'suspect' of terrorism? Can the things we post online possibly be used against us by our own government? This is definitely a gray area we treading in right now. time will reveal all...

---1Luv

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well I'm in England. If I write derogatory remarks about Obama, will he tell that other tw*t, Cameron over me?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I wonder...

illegal
immigrant
outbreak
drill
strain
virus
recovery
deaths
collapse
constitution
OWS
trojan
overthrow
Obama
suitcase
dirty
bomb
Anonymous

These red flagged words should bring someone to my door soon. Or not. Let's see what happens...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

As I posted in another thread about this:

I don't understand the furore here?

At the end of the day all the sites listed are public domain and can be accessed or monitored by anyone, If someone is stupid enough to plan an act of terrorism or any other form of detrimental activity on facebook or twitter then they deserve to be monitored..

Also if someone is stupid enough to put personal details on these sites then again they deserve to be monitored and have information collected about them.

The amount of companies / governmental agencies and criminals (band these together as you wish) that will trawl these sites for the above information is countless for the purpose of marketing / national security and criminal activity (again there are grey lines between the three)

You don't want information amassed about you? simple... Don't use the internet...

Truth_Hz

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join