It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Were Warned! Obama Adminstration Gathering personal Data on Sites Like ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
While it is creepy, the first ammendment, while allowing for free speech, does not state that people/governments can't listen in, can't monitor.

Now what people/governments DO after listening is subject to interpretation and should be monitored by the people.

(Did you gov guys get that?
)

Your right the "right to privacy" doesn't exist in the constitution. Looks like it's time for an amendment.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
they probably realize that you can't get any real news off the main stream media either!!!

they're intelligence gathering!!! intelligence seems to be lacking on cnn, fox, and the rest.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Or we are on the edge of invasion by extra-terrestrials, and they're gathering information they need?

Sounds crazy..Like something from the movies...

But, it's Obama.You'll never know.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Your right the "right to privacy" doesn't exist in the constitution. Looks like it's time for an amendment.

Either that or just stop posting in an open forum.

This is "Speakers Corner" for the intraweb.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Oh well, I hope he KNOWS I dont like him. That would be awesome

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Obama ! if you are reading this, I still love you

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
An no this is not to say that traditional Republicans are any better. They are practically the same.

WAKE UP.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Last year and before, the administration began taking steps to enable the surreptitious monitoring of sites such as ATS.
Gov't Admits Spying on Blogs and Forums

Government Proposes Massive Shift in Online Privacy Policy

They’re Here! Obama Disinformation Agents Are Actively Posting Against Critics

Now, Janet Napolitano has issued internal directives allowing government snoops to compile personal info of anyone posting news and blogs that catch the attentaion of the Obama administration and its minions.

Under the National Operations Center (NOC)’s Media Monitoring Initiative that came out of DHS headquarters in November, Washington has the written permission to retain data on users of social media and online networking platforms.

Specifically, the DHS announced the NCO and its Office of Operations Coordination and Planning (OPS) can collect personal information from news anchors, journalists, reporters or anyone who may use “traditional and/or social media in real time to keep their audience situationally aware and informed.”

According to the Department of Homeland Security’s own definition of personal identifiable information, or PII, such data could consist of any intellect “that permits the identity of an individual to be directly or indirectly inferred, including any information which is linked or linkable to that individual.” Previously established guidelines within the administration say that data could only be collected under authorization set forth by written code, but the new provisions in the NOC’s write-up means that any reporter, whether someone along the lines of Walter Cronkite or a budding blogger, can be victimized by the agency.
The department says that they will only scour publically-made info available while retaining data, but it doesn’t help but raise suspicion as to why the government is going out of their way to spend time, money and resources on watching over those that helped bring news to the masses.

Whoa: Obama Administration Monitoring Journalists

How can being "situationally aware and informed " be construed by our government to be something that warrants their surveillance of ?
So, that means to me, that TPTB are aware that what they are doing is a lie ; and anyone seeking or teaching the truth is suspect of exposing that lie.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
See signature ,

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Something thats called Above Top Secret is obviously going to catch any governments attention. But I wonder if there are any of these "spies" here on ATS?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It's remarkable that the USA today is comparable to the USSR back in the 80's.

The fear and suspicion is the same, the methods and tactics used to stop dissent are the same, the insidious nature of a government spying on its people hasn't changed. It's just become a whole lot easier and more automated.

It's pretty fascinating that people forget history so easily. They say "but this is different", when it really isn't. Governments are scared of their people - as they should be - and they'll use any methods they can, including those invented by previous dictatorships, to force control and restrictions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
ATS may not have made the list of websites to be monitored, but

This is a representative list of sites that the NOC will start to monitor in order to provide situational awareness and establish a common operating picture under this Initiative. Initial sites listed may link to other sites not listed. The NOC may also monitor those sites if they are within the scope of this Initiative.

newsworldwide.wordpress.com...

So the list will grow exponentially....
edit on 12-1-2012 by Neysa because: bleh

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by JBA2848

That can't be the real list.

To think of all the forums out there that exists solely for attracting anti-social and even hateful people.

Stormfront for example.

There is no shortage of forums like that. Thirty seconds on Google can land you in some very dark places despite filtering and censoring measures. Imagine what you can find if you intentionally seek it out.

And according to that list they're just focusing on Twitter and Facebook?

That doesn't make any sense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Good !

Maybe they can help me find my glasses.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm thinking it might be time to become completely paranoid.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
! ! ! BEWARE ! ! !

Beware of those who find it necessary to cloke their deeds in the vails of "patriotic and humanitarian" actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Dont worry about ATS. We openly and perhaps stupidly tell the whole about every single aspect of our lives on face book and Twitter, so either way you look at it we are screwed!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
All I can say is, if they're monitoring me, they will need a few stiff drinks to keep them awake. They will eventually label me as "the crazy cat lady", have a few laughs and go about their mundane lives.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well quite frankly I would be worried about any govt that didnt monitor this board or even put money up to keep it going....

I mean face it, we get the hot issue news days before the vanilla media can even write it up. This is the happening hub to pull down the juicy tidbits. We actually know more than the govt about world opinion and how other countries respond to the oval idiot.

But the election will send obam home on the greyhound so no one in gov should be too comfortable about even having a job soon.

The days of cutting the fat hog are almost over.

The trimming will hit every aspect of govt so like me I hope everyone has a plan to cut firewood or mow lawns. I prefer lawns.

And yes. this message is laced with over a dozen secret codes and messages. Bwahahahahaa! (no not really)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
It's so too late already that this is truly "ummm, yeah." news. I have to admit the increasing amount of this in the MSM is interesting. I feel that the more they say this kind of thing in public, the better for those trying to wake people up. It's too late to choose a side, and if you didn't, they already have for you. It's an amazing time in human history.

This is exactly the problem!

People tend to take what they read on the 'net, or "wiki," or YouTube, and accept is as gospel. No one anymore "consider(s) the source."

It is so easy to be led-along instead of looking deeper for yourself that interlopers and others with nefarious motivations are taking advantage and taking the open discourse on places like ATS and either derailing it, or pushing their own agenda, hoping no one will think twice or pause before echoing the doctrine.

Whatevr happened to "critical thinking." Now, it is looked-down on as "denial" or worse.

To me, there needs to be an open forum for dissent from the "majority" or yhe "consensus," as we come to see that they are not always what they claim to be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join