It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
Couple of things i noticed with this....

First off...

LIGHTING REFLECTION IN HIS GLASSES

I have worked in TV/Flim for the past decade, and while not positive, i'm pretty sure that the square light (known as a soft box) didn't exist in 1980. If there are any lighting historians, i'd be curious to see their take

Image 1
Image 2

Secondly...

VIDEO FILTERS

Check out this video... my friend produced this for MTV 2 years ago with modern, high end gear -- but by laying off to VHS tape, using magnets to distort the quality, and then re-digitizing, you get a VERY 80's effect. It's very easy to distort digital footage to artificially age it

LOOK AT THIS EXAMPLE
edit on 1/10/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: link error

*Not saying the video is true or not*

I found this on soft boxes and 1980.....

I know this might sound crazy, but....I made a few small softboxes in the 1980's using those $2.99 styrofoam ice chests. I cut a small hole on the bottom to fit my Vivitar 285's....lined the box with foil (thumb-tacked sheets of it,removable) put a sheet of diffusion material on the top with some thumbtacks...presto....I had a small softbox that weighed about 2 ounces. Literally, maybe two ounces.I put the flash on an umbrella/swivel adapter so it would fit on a light stand,and would be able to be tilted.

Styrofoam ice chests are a fairly standard item at every K-Mart,Target,and variety store in North America. The "big size" is pretty standard. You can laugh, but these small boxes if covered with rip-stop nylon fronts and lined with foil will give pretty even,nice, "professional" lighting on small table-top sets or one-person portraits.

The mini-styrofoam coolers,used for keeping one six-pack of 12 ounce cans cool...there's your ultra-portable softbox. Cost? About $1.99. These are about 8x10 inches or smaller. Portable.Disposable. Fun. It will work on-camera on a Stroboframe or other bracket. Just like the $100 Mini-Apollo. Only $1.99.

My project was derived from the 1980's DIY method of making a softbox out of precisely-cut Foam-Cor board sections,held together with tape. With a good pattern, a guy could make a pretty nice softbox,quite large, with four full-sized sheets.The problem though was making the flash mount. I figured with styrofoam, the "grippiness" of a tight press-fit would hold the box on almost any flash....and it does!

I guess they were around in the 1980's if this guy was making them by hand.

forums.dpreview.com...

I was looking for something just like that! My only concern would be that i'd imagine something like that would melt or catch fire quite easily, especially considering the actual bulbs used 30 years ago were much hotter than what we have today. The reason soft boxes work so well today is that they're made of material that's very flame retardant.

Either way, great find and good counter point!

EDIT: After re reading your post, it looks like the DIY softbox is for photo (quick, "cold" flashes) and not film, where lights would be on for some time and get quite hot.
edit on 1/10/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: added info

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that it's fake. Look's like he has a wig. The whole look just looks a little dodgy.
Gillette razors weren't that good!

Still, it's not enough to say for sure.

As others, my gut feeling tells me it's a hoax and I'm usually right when I have that feeling, like many others.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I confirm he is really French, not an once of English accent in his words!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've read through this thread entirely. I agree with some of the other posters on this thread. The one thing that would've given this guy a plentiful bit of credibility is if he actually said his name in the video.

What needs to happen is someone should find out who this guy actually is. IF we had a name to work with, we would be able to verify the age of the man in the video in comparison from when it was recorded in "1980." My verdict is that this is a hoax, unless the man can be positively identified. One suggestion would be to look in the city where he said he was from, and look up psychics in his area. I'm guessing if this guy is still in California that he must have some type of psychic services that are offered to customers at a business he created (With that accurate of predictions, I do not see how the man could not open a business).

Track him down, and that will be the proof or proof of a hoax.

Star to Russo for an interesting thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is completely FAKE. One thing, and one thing only sold me on it.

HIS JEANS are from a modern retail store. You can tell by the stitching, the fade in the color, the fit, and the material. I know it sounds funny, but take a look for yourself. Trust me on this one.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Lol, Project Avalon is again going all out with spreading their lies and fakes.

Maybe David "The Reptilian" Icke or Hoagland want a new Mercedes. That's why they needed to come up with something exciting since, admittedly, Elenin pretty much failed.

Next time..please use a better wig...and the fake glasses are also kind of lame.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The quality of the video is not consistent with '80s. They didn't have digital videos at that stage. Movie, recorded and kept for quite a few years on VHS would have a visible deterioration. Another point, as someone mentioned it he would become world famous after 911 and Obama. I call it 100% fake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One thing that bothers me about the video is the resolution of the subtitling. Were they able to make that high quality of a subtitle watermarks in 1980? If someone can find a similar video from around 1980 with that high of quality of subtitling, that would be one step closer to proving whether it's real or not. I am leaning at this point toward this video being a hoax.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Most likely fake for the reasons listed by the great ATS minds. But if it is fake, it's one of the better ones out there.

As Aji mentioned: The reflections in the man's glasses do resemble a modern soft box. Soft light has been used by portrait photogs for a long time, but just when did the soft box itself come around?

I initially thought it was shot on say 16mm film. That would be really good video from 1980. Here's some CBS newscasts from 1980 for juxtaposition:

Fun thread, Russo!
edit on 10-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
See, what I would do is just have a guy dress up in what could be considered "hip" today, and then film him with an old camera and claim he was a time traveler from the "future," that being 2012. Then maybe figure out a way to film him in front of a building or something that was torn down in the late 1980's. Something that no longer exists. That might take a little special effects effort.

Also maybe I'd come up with a story that the video was kept in a sealed box or something until just recently per the request of the time traveler, who could claim he didn't want to mess up the timeline.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
One thing that bothers me about the video is the resolution of the subtitling. Were they able to make that high quality of a subtitle watermarks in 1980? If someone can find a similar video from around 1980 with that high of quality of subtitling, that would be one step closer to proving whether it's real or not. I am leaning at this point toward this video being a hoax.

I would assume that even if the video itself was shot in the 1980's it could be transferred, edited and subtitled using modern equipment.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
The quality of the video is not consistent with '80s. They didn't have digital videos at that stage. Movie, recorded and kept for quite a few years on VHS would have a visible deterioration. Another point, as someone mentioned it he would become world famous after 911 and Obama. I call it 100% fake.

I agree, all my VHS that have been transferred to DVD still have noticeable static (popcorn - black and white dots) on every single tape - this video has no static, which make me believe it's fake - plus why now, as many have stated - if you had an 80's video predicting 9/11 and Obama would it have been viral after those dates? Why now?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I would assume that even if the video itself was shot in the 1980's it could be transferred, edited and subtitled using modern equipment.

I agree, but another thing I notice is a lack of scanlines. All tv broadcasts had scanlines in them, and those even showed up on the recorded cassettes if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps they could have used software to enhance the video and remove the scanlines, but it still looks a little to sharp for the time period that it was supposed to be created.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by InFriNiTee

First post here on ATS so please be gentle!

I agree with the above in the respect that the video has been edited, hence the flashes and cuts, also the subtitles are clearly a modern addition. My gut feeling is, if this is a hoax, it's a very very good one.

One thing that has intrigued me, after looking at the link earlier in this thread for 'another' website. A poster has found an image of what can only be described as the same guy!

I'm unsure of the rules as to posting direct links but it's on page 14 of the 'other' site.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I speak french
very convincing video and he sounded not crazy S&F
He knew and saw a lot of thing like 9/11 and Obama and the URSS
but the interresting part is the yrs 2012 .. why he cannot see further
he give the answer that we will probably all vanish
and we will meet with powerfull aliens

i think he got it wrong about the vanishing part
be ready for the ascension everyone

Video can be fake to
but why making it in the first place
it look like to be made around the time i was born .. looks old
edit on 1/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Very interesting if real, however the one thing that i picked upon as fishy is where he talks about 2012 and not seeing anything further. First of all he says that this is probably because it is the year of his death, hopefully not, then he comes straight out and says well really it is an encounter with aliens and humanity loses.

This bit just does not fit to my mind, sorry why say "year of my death" and then come out with that alen encounter, i think it is fake also,be interesting to see if anyone turns up anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Very interesting. I hate the fact that so many look for reason to debunk these kind of stuff. I mean sure it could be fake but reaching for straws about the lighting is a little ridiculous imo.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Very interesting. I hate the fact that so many look for reason to debunk these kind of stuff. I mean sure it could be fake but reaching for straws about the lighting is a little ridiculous imo.

I suppose we could just shrug and say, "Well, could be fake, maybe not, who knows?" and go about our business. Is that what you're looking for?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
First time I am aware of this guy. Dont know who he is.

The guy speaks french, but the video is subtitled in English. I didn't find anything else on him.Anyone knows who he is?

Not saying I believe in every word he says, but I find it quite interesting.

Your thoughts?

Well.. again ...i suppose the and this one here in the link
were done or prodused by the same tv-station ...looks familiar..anyone?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join