It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
If this video was for real, it would have become an instant success in 2001, after the 911 attacks.

The fact that this video wasn't made public until now, is the proof that it's fake.

In a nutshell

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Only being posted now is strong grounds for suspicion that it's a hoax, but it's 'proof' of nothing.

I'd hoped people would be more discerning about what they term as proof.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well...long time lurker so decided to help out in this thread.

Behind him is this:

Kodak Carousel 760H Slide Projector.

Info:

w/o lens $254.50
w/zoom $319.50

1971-1982

ELH/35
ENG/15
ENH/175
EC-1

www.etsy.com...

I'm not giving and credence to the validity of the video just wanted to pass along the info.

CT

edit on 10-1-2012 by Astroboy2000 because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

You had mentioned global warming being easily predictable at that time; However, in 1980, science at the time was actually predicting another ice age.

Go figure...........These scientists are so amusing to watch, as they alter their theories more often then an American political leader

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Astroboy2000

Yes, and is sits atop a shelving unit that is conveniently filled with LP phonograph records. Nothing like outdated technology to give a sense of period to a set.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm not going to say it's a fake. At full screen it looks like movies my parents have they filmed even on todays tv's. With vhs a lot depended on the tape you bought and the quality of the equipment. Also how many times the taped had been used.

His eye glasses are from that time period. In the eighties large aviator type glasses were all the rage. His hair is also right in line. Not all of us had to have perfect hair. We ran our fingers into our hair when we were stressed or doing something we weren't sure about which is what his hair looks like he has done to me.

I leave my closet door open a bit also. Notice the books in it? Why keep opening the dang door when you can just reach in and grab what you want.

Look at the plant behind him. They called them parrachute plants. I got one of those in the early 80's from my mother-in-law. They never seem to die no matter what you do to them. Just in case you ever aquire one of them set them in the sun for a month with no water and it finally kills it and all of it's off chutes. People don't usually have those plants anymore.

Why would his prodiction go viral after 911 if no one had stumbled on this tape at that time? All so he's vague about it. A bomb a big city no exact date or year.

He can't see beyond 2012. He is probably right he dies in 2012. If you notice his predictions they are not exact and not a lot of detail. What he is seeing is events in his time line of life. Which many of us do. Events that make an impact on our lives in some way. Many events people see are for their own life but the rest of the worlds events sometimes effects are lives. That is why you see some things in a vague way.

Is it fake I don't know is it real I don't know. He isn't telling me anything I don't already know. He says Aliens I'm not sure if thats what they are. I do know something comes here to America. It makes a sound like 5 or 6 low flying helicopters it has a brown underside.

There is more after 2012 folks. Just people that see events in their life might die before that date is over or perhaps after that date is over there really isn't going to be nothing terrible to see. Ever notice what people see not to much of it is good?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
if it's a fake, then is a great one. It gave me the creeps for a while (ok, still creeped, please debunk this or i'm going to die in fear!
)

Something in the colour of the video doesn't look like an old tape. the grain is different, dunno... that's the only thing that bothered me of the video.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Any proof it was actually recorded 30 years ago?

to me it feels/looks like it was shot recently... not sure how I can explain this but it doesn't look right, his hair looks like an attempt at old school, as do his glases... also I think he might, just might be acting.

if not he was spot on with a few of those!..

it doesn't feel authentic to me

dd

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Why would his prodiction go viral after 911 if no one had stumbled on this tape at that time?

Because the "psychic" and the person who made the tape would know exactly where it was and rush it onto the internet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well color me impressed. I'd love to know what prediction he made that came to pass which forced him to leave his country.

For those of you using the old "If this was real, I would have heard of it before now" I hope aliens really do wipe you off the face of the planet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
For those of you using the old "If this was real, I would have heard of it before now" I hope aliens really do wipe you off the face of the planet.

Still not sure yet about all this being a hoax...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fopicon
His predictions didn't really intrigue me until about half way through when he started talking about events that have already unfolded in our time. The bit about 2012 really grabbed my attention. I should stop watching stuff like this. I just recently got over my crippling fear of 2012 and what could unfold. I'm over it now because I know if some cataclysmic event does unfold that there is no way I or anyone else could stop it.

YES! I hope someone "officially" debunks this, because I, too, have a crippling fear of 2012 that I recently sort of got over by simply trying to ignore the subject. I, also, should really stop watching this stuff or I'm going to give myself an anxiety heart attack.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Sounds like "The Bible Code"

Bible Code 1 which was released before 2001, failed to mention 9/11 but then Bible Code 2 which was released after 2001, did!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If its real...which i don't know and hope can be settled soon, the bit that creeps me out is the very last few seconds when he pretty much says "we all die", then he stands up abruptly and says to end it there. He seems a bit stressed at that point which is kinda freaky...

Surely there must be a name somewhere online?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Couple of things i noticed with this....

First off...

LIGHTING REFLECTION IN HIS GLASSES

I have worked in TV/Flim for the past decade, and while not positive, i'm pretty sure that the square light (known as a soft box) didn't exist in 1980. If there are any lighting historians, i'd be curious to see their take

Image 1
Image 2

Secondly...

VIDEO FILTERS

Check out this video... my friend produced this for MTV 2 years ago with modern, high end gear -- but by laying off to VHS tape, using magnets to distort the quality, and then re-digitizing, you get a VERY 80's effect. It's very easy to distort digital footage to artificially age it

LOOK AT THIS EXAMPLE
edit on 1/10/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: link error

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow the end of this video certainly gave me the 'chills'.... it's hard to describe it to be honest.

I would love to know more about this man, what he has been up to since this video, what he is up to now, ect.

Please if anyone finds out any additional information on this man please let me know.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted but I don't even think he is french... I hear an englishman speaking french... that's just my 2 cents besides the video being amazingly fake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
Couple of things i noticed with this....

First off...

LIGHTING REFLECTION IN HIS GLASSES

I have worked in TV/Flim for the past decade, and while not positive, i'm pretty sure that the square light (known as a soft box) didn't exist in 1980. If there are any lighting historians, i'd be curious to see their take

Image 1
Image 2

Secondly...

VIDEO FILTERS

Check out this video... my friend produced this for MTV 2 years ago with modern, high end gear -- but by laying off to VHS tape, using magnets to distort the quality, and then re-digitizing, you get a VERY 80's effect. It's very easy to distort digital footage to artificially age it

LOOK AT THIS EXAMPLE
edit on 1/10/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: link error

*Not saying the video is true or not*

I found this on soft boxes and 1980.....

I know this might sound crazy, but....I made a few small softboxes in the 1980's using those $2.99 styrofoam ice chests. I cut a small hole on the bottom to fit my Vivitar 285's....lined the box with foil (thumb-tacked sheets of it,removable) put a sheet of diffusion material on the top with some thumbtacks...presto....I had a small softbox that weighed about 2 ounces. Literally, maybe two ounces.I put the flash on an umbrella/swivel adapter so it would fit on a light stand,and would be able to be tilted.

Styrofoam ice chests are a fairly standard item at every K-Mart,Target,and variety store in North America. The "big size" is pretty standard. You can laugh, but these small boxes if covered with rip-stop nylon fronts and lined with foil will give pretty even,nice, "professional" lighting on small table-top sets or one-person portraits.

The mini-styrofoam coolers,used for keeping one six-pack of 12 ounce cans cool...there's your ultra-portable softbox. Cost? About $1.99. These are about 8x10 inches or smaller. Portable.Disposable. Fun. It will work on-camera on a Stroboframe or other bracket. Just like the $100 Mini-Apollo. Only $1.99.

My project was derived from the 1980's DIY method of making a softbox out of precisely-cut Foam-Cor board sections,held together with tape. With a good pattern, a guy could make a pretty nice softbox,quite large, with four full-sized sheets.The problem though was making the flash mount. I figured with styrofoam, the "grippiness" of a tight press-fit would hold the box on almost any flash....and it does!

I guess they were around in the 1980's if this guy was making them by hand.

forums.dpreview.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

BS BS BS!!!! I am French, no one knows this guy here. Look at his jean, his haircut, the light reflected in his glasses....THIS IS FAKE,the guy wants to buzz, that's it!
I'd like to know from where this footage was found....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE

Hey, I have an old JVC VHS-C camera sitting in my closet that automatically takes a very 80's looking image, because it's from the 80's. Still works pretty good. Maybe I should go into the retroactive predictions business.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join