It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of the group ''Anonymous'' before?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Remember my country isn't affected by these people and I have never seen them on the news over here.

If your country has PS3 or any type of billionaire residing in it, then Anonymous has affected your country man.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfie_UK

That's the whole reason I signed up. My question really has been answered. I was just wondering if they were common. Some of you are right I could of, should of, used google but it doesn't mean you need to be so aggravated about it. It doesn't take several people to tell me I'm wrong or have made a mistake. But thanks to those who have answered my question. I'm having trouble figuring out whether they are doing things for the benefit of the people or just for themselves. As a curious person I will look in to it.

You obviously wanted (anonymous) people to answer your question so you could interact. Otherwise you would've used Google. So don't apologize.

Some anonymous posters are very arrogant. The 99% of us anonymous, apologize for the rude 1% of them.

You are now a part of Anonymous. Welcome. Be heard and say your thing whether here or out there.
We are taking back our world.
Welcome to the anonymous emancipation for Humanity. You're one of us now and you're very much needed. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

You need to wear your thick-skin here as you've seen, unfortunately. This is the unfriendliest Internet site I know of.

Anonymous is a loose-knit group, not formally organized and while supposedly leaderless, there are the usual Alpha-type leaders informally.

Generally, they are cracker-kiddies; but, they have more than a few haxxors as well.

Their agendas, on the face, appear to be Robinhoodish. They go after the current public enemy with vengeance sometimes. Other times they run cracker DNS attacks for vengeance-sake against sites that have maligned them.

ATS has quite a few Anonymous members here anonymously of course.

They had a big campaign to shut down Wall Street a month or so ago and went after the Wall Street website (not Wall Street itself) and managed to shut it down for a fraction of a second. Other campaigns they've had much more success at. It varies.

Anyway, ignore the people here who are rude and welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I too have just got on the wagon. I recently saw the latest videos of an attack at midnight dec 31st. I wasn't aware they were part of the PSN hacking. Very awesome thread. Great to see the moderators taking charge. This is the reason i joined the ATS community. I think some people forget that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thanks guys. Much appreciated as I am still getting my grips on where and what to post. I will definitely look in to the groups actions and whether I like them or not. I'm looking forward to the New Year release of information as I bet many of you ATS members are

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

The problem is the very rich have made the money illegally or changed fair and balanced laws by using their wealth and influence to favor them and then gain unworldly wealth. Nothing wrong making wealth fairly, Hard work and smart ideas!
brice

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I followed anonymous from the beginning on 4chan, It was very much a "revenge of the nerds" type thing. Later on I even went to one of their first sponsored protests against Scientology. As I got older I realized the immaturity of the group was something that makes me not want to support it through my actions, but they are doing some good things mixed in with the bad.. especially in more recent times.. I think they have gotten more mature in their purpose from just hacking and attacking people and companies for the fun of it, to targeting groups and corporations for the good of the people exposing illegal activity or punishing it..etc.

It is fun watching them from the sidelines though. They were a big part of starting OWS.

Though there are many people in Anon who disagree with this new online advocacy that it's become.. many people still want it to be just about the lulz..
edit on 12/28/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Remember my country isn't affected by these people and I have never seen them on the news over here.

There are plenty of Anon members based out of NZ

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Its people like you who have already been told off in this thread. If people want to find information in here they have to look through wasteful comments like your own. I don't need you to imply my country is some sort of under developed 3rd world country, because it isn't. Why do you need to bring my country in to this. Many people in NZ have heard of them. I haven't though because of what ever the circumstance has been. So please don't make a thread big for no reason.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
To answer your question as you have asked it without all the snide remarks,yes,we have ,as I'm sure you have been told.

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is a group, whose members are geographically spread around the world but connected through the Internet, initiating active civil disobedience, while attempting to maintain anonymity. Originating in 2003 on the imageboard 4chan, the term refers to the concept of many online community users simultaneously existing as an anarchic, chaotic, global brain.[2] It is also generally considered to be a blanket term for members of certain Internet subcultures, a way to refer to the actions of people in an environment where their actual identities are not known.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...(group)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
www.cyberwarnews.info...

This has the leaks etc.. Most of you probably already know about it but for those like me and that didn't know then enjoy this.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Don't worry about the arrogance of some others here, many of them live their entire lives on ATS by the looks of things, they're shocked to see people arriving here who actually have lives and interests beyond this forum!

Anon has indeed been big over the last couple of years, but I think they really found their footing back in the protests against the cult of $cientology. It seems to me that those protests solidified what was a more loosely formed group into a real force on the internet.

Also, it has to be pointed out that some people who express commitment to Anonymous, and take part in activities in their name, have also been known to attack and deface random sites by individuals just for the fun of it. There are sites and groups out there on the net where hackers compete with each other over who can attack and damage more sites, including innocent bloggers, without any justification. Plenty of those consider themselves to be part of Anon too.

It's a shame, because this kind of activity has led to a lot of people I know (and me too) loosing trust and faith in it as a movement. By all means attack the evil corporations and governments, but when they go after innocent people just trying to make a living for the sake of claiming a scalp in front of their hacker friends it's just pathetic.

I often find myself supporting what they do, but knowing how some of them act in the name of Anon, it's hard to have any faith in them as a movement.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I know. You don't need to repeat what has already been said. Like I stated before , ''It does not take several people to tell me''.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

They protested against Scientology in Aus. Was a big news story at the time, surprised you haven't heard of them tbh

I only found out about Anonymous just recently, while researching some outrageous Scientology rumours of kidnapping and child abuse, only to find out they were true! You go Anonymous!

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

They talk "big" but deliver little- you're not missing anything........

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

If you want to view paradise Simply look around and view it Anything you want to, do it Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it

edit on 29-12-2011 by lifespath420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The thing is there's this misconception that anonymous is a proper group. The matter of the fact is any hacker or what have you, can give them selves the title of anonymous. For example, there was a threat against Facebook a while ago but nothing came of it. I believe it was a random person who did it, claiming it was from anonymous just looking for a reaction. I don't think there truly is a proper leader, but in certain times there definitely has been coordination, synergy, structure that lead to a good execution of a plan. There are also lots of twitter accounts that are apparently in some capacity connected to anonymous. Really it comes down to highly talented individuals who come together under the guise of "Anonymous" and play out whatever the plan is.
edit on 29/12/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join