It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of the group ''Anonymous'' before?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Here you go...
It's only the Wiki, but you'll get the general idea before you go delving into ATS threads about them.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

just a wee add on come on fellow members to make fun of someone who really has not been aware of some subject is not the way to go or are we turning into the very people we despise i know its strange but we live in a very strange world . viv la difference ;

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
They definitely sound like a serious group that doesn't muck around..
This little beauty gave me a laugh

''HB Gary boasted they would expose Anonymous. The response was swift anonymous took down their website, stole thousands of emails and posed them on the internet, the CEO resigned''

From this video clip www.youtube.com...

Just goes to show the normal citizens can definitely do A LOT better than the government.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

There isn't a 'them' or 'group'. YOU and I are the anonymous right now....on here, as we type.
Get it? Good. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

To be fair I think most of us here ignore the real world in one way or another.
Some more than others.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Not to mock, but does this really have to be in top of the new-important threads?
We get it, hes been ignoring the real world, but do we have to put up with it too?

I think you misunderstand... EVERY thread that someone makes will appear in that section.. It is not for new "important" threads it is for every new thread posted...

And you don't have to "put up with it", no one is forcing you to read them or even reply to them...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

What do you mean I have been ignoring the real world? I don't spend all my day looking for new groups to hack websites etc.. I keep up to date with current affairs. Being in NZ there is a good reason I haven't seen it on the news which is because they don't want to advertise a group taking down government website because it could just allow more people to give them support. Sorry I haven't heard of them. Tell me all the subjects you know about so I can go and study up about them just to make you happy.
edit on 28-12-2011 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Hi curiousrb, you might be interested in this thread explaining their latest hack. 80,000 credit card number stolen, along with email addresses and the like. I saw another thread posted here yesterday where it is claimed that one man's credit card has been used to make donations to charities, but despite all the people shouting and waving lanterns and pitchforks, I didn't see much evidence, just a lot of conjecture, hence I don't link that one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA Maybe they just get used more on our TV/news as a target of attack. I forget how many newsreaders I've seen calling them all kinds of names and blaming them for all the ills of the planet. IMHO it is hard to know a real anonymous transmission when there is no way of verifying it as such. Anyone can put up a vid on youtube claiming all kinds of nonsense.
edit on 28/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

Well I must have never seemed to catch them. They seem very serious. Do people generally support them? Excluding Gov't.
You will find that 'they' are supported by many morons, all around the world.

Many people here on this site, and elsewhere, will immediately drop down onto their virtual knees, and suck on the anonymous lollipop that is placed in front of them, without even the slightest curiosity of "Where did this lollipop come from?"

It's difficult to do wrong, when one is allowed to take credit for, or give denial to, after the fact has taken place.

Often, it is basically like this:
Many claims of taking responsibility for:
[color=FFF491]"Yeah, did u like that? You did? Hell yeah, that was us. We are Anonymous"

Many denials, also.
[color=FFF491]"Yeah, did u like that? You didn't? Me neither. Wasn't us. Was an imposter."

[color=FFCCC2]Question everything. Nothing is gained by blindly accepting.

Just because several idiots jumped into this thread giving you a hard time, do not let that cause you to think that they are smarter than you are. Most of them feel that it is just the normal thing to do, to close their eyes, and suck on that anonymous lollipop.

edit on 12/28/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I don't worry about the people that mock me. They know more than me in some subjects which is easy to accept just like I am more informed in another subject. If they want to mock me they can go ahead. I think it's sad they would make fun of a fellow ATS member who joined this websites for the same reasons as them rather then inform a fellow member who obviously has not encountered the subject before and should be informed.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

No there isn't a law against that. But I can't really ask on google if they have heard of Anonymous. Seems a bit silly aye? Now I can get an idea of how many people know about them and it's quite a lot.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

An I really don't remember telling myself to look on google so don't quote me on things I didn't say.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hey OP, here is a news article I found regarding a warning from Anonymous to the NZ Government regarding file sharing laws. I thought they may have been involved in NZ at some point seeing as they seem to have been everywhere in 2011.

News article

Sure there is more just google 'Anonymous in New Zealand' and you will find out what they are/have been up to.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Surely you heard about Sony Playstation users having their credit card details allegedly stolen & Sony having to shutdown the PSN network for over a month?

Then you will have heard of anonymous because they were the group that brought it down,

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I said knock it off earlier and I meant

KNOCK IT OFF

If all you want to be is a smartass and mock people or refer them to the search function then simply do not post

Some people may not know as much as you - is it really that hard to accept that?

The OP has been here for 8 days. Please bear that in mind.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Op, you are experiencing a few different reactions here.

Some are just angry little people, that loath to mock and get angry.

Some may have been like myself, waiting for some sort of punch line or prank. I am not mocking you for not knowing about them, but am very surprised that you haven't.

There have been hundreds of headlines containing their name on all of the major internet sites for months. So I thought you were baiting us into some sort of twist or surprise.

I almost envy the fact that you haven't heard of them..... Try and forget them... But you wont be able to.... They will be a major reason the internet gets a lock down.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Yes I did heard of the PSN hacking but never heard about who was behind it. Maybe by chance I have missed those articles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join