It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Makes People Sick

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by answerisquestion
news flash political corruption and propaganda kills and also makes people sick ...all these OWS critics and BS posts makes me sick...protests do have an effect in-fact they are behind any human rights laws we have or once had if you look back in history...

AMEN

God I'm sick of posts like these, really shows peoples colors though. A few people are sick? WOW! The world is sick people, let's heal that before we whinge about Joe blow getting a cold because of some tarps.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by answerisquestion

Protests do have an effect. Yes.

Protests can also be very effective when you're not camped in a giant latrine.

PS. I never said anything about stopping the protests.. in fact, I encourage the protests just do it as marches and so on.. not camping. I'd rather see OWS get more media attention with larger protests than I would see people getting TB, the Flu or worse and getting seriously ill because they camped in such filthy conditions. It's only a matter of time before a protester DIES because of the conditions they live in. Especially older and younger (some camps have children) protesters.
edit on 11/2/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

You get far more attention if you are permanently there as opposed to a one day march, if you don';t go away then they realize that we WILL NOT go away, do you know what I mean here?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Occupy Como keeps a Clean Camp ALWAYS. Our Occupy Como Group is at the new City Hall in Columbia Missouri,in the middle of the downtown area and highly visible. We refer to our camp as Liberty Plaza. The local business owners have been very good in letting the group use their facilities as needed and there is no park type setting at our base of operations. Everything around our area is Concrete and Stone and we have a small area to duck out of the weather if needed.

Occupy Como has the ideal set up for everything and as a member of Occupy Como I can assure all reading here we are dedicated to keeping the area clean of all trash,proper sanitation practices,article management,sign management and more.We are small but our messages of change in all manners and ways that would help ALL are well received.

We are a mixture of TEA Party,Republicans,Libertarians,Blue Dog Democrats,Liberals,Green Party and other party lines but we all agree the current government system controlled by the Corporate Global Banking Elite is just not working.

Occupy Como does not allow drunken out of control under the influence people on site and if people get too out of line the local police are more than glad to help us out.

We do support all other Occupy Movements world wide but we are OUR OWN GROUP and as such keep OUR OWN standards of cleanliness and rules. We wish all groups could be as clean and thoughtful as our group.

poundpuppy
Occupy Como Media via Facebook.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Uhhhhhggg... a possibly outbreak of staph infection? That does make me sick I don't think I would go anywhere near that place after hearing that even if I agreed with their message.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
While I would not usually contribute to a thread like this because I back OWS, one of the events decided to have a 60s style free love orgy session of sorts. It really made me sick to my stomach.....I thought safe sex was taught in schools now......but sadly all these people will now have to submit to monthly std tests for awhile.

"Free love" at OWS

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ill try not to get off topic, but lol seriusly this is supposed to be news wow, and people believe in this stuff...

People doing there number 1 and 2s like dogs, everywhere, people are getting sick and contagious, you gotta be kiding me, do we have pictures of this stuff, this is awsome reporting, wow i am baffled, this has to be a joke, wow.

People plz stay away them animals are doing the business in plain view, and then they sleep and eat there

I need pictures i call this a really bad joke

oh my thanks for the laughs im off work and enjoying this one so much

So when does this get moved to the joke forum

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
For anyone who is a student of history and thinking back to the bubonic plague and how disease gets spread seem to remember rats spread that disease around and killed a lot of people.

Health concerns in a major metropolitan area is no laughing matter or one that should be dismissed.

Going a bit extreme there aint ya?

Desperate attempt to fear monger.

Just when you think you've heard it all.

"Dont go to the OWS protest because you'll catch the plague" (the bubonic one aswell:lol

My God man! wth

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

You cant be serious right, you got disgusted by free love , wow this generation is pretty weak to the knees, complaining about free love.

Where did common sense go too, them libs took it away or them right wing nuts i cant remember anymore they both look like a bunch of clowns

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You just cant let it go lol, and you have to bring this to try to get more people to believe in this stuff, wow sir this has to be a real bad joke.

You really think all this garbage from the news, wow OWS is now a new disease lol, WOW, plz stay away it aint safe, you might die from nauseus fumes or get a really bad itch

I need some pictures, cause i smell a rat

Thanks do you made my morning
edit on 3-11-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: forgot a whole word lol

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Wow i got a pic from the site that made the story, i hope it works eheh never tried to add a pic

And this is the pic thats trying to show us how dirty they are

cough cough

www.decodedscience.com...

my bad still have to click on link to get picture
edit on 3-11-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Acouple of my buds were discussing this very subject just two weeks ago.

The OWS where I live is clean and maintain the area they protest, no large camp. For the most part, 10pm comes, they go home and show up the next day.

But Zuccoti Park or any other encampment are all obviously flaunting basic field hygiene and are just begging for disease or illness to break out.

With winter coming on, I believe that we will be seeing all sorts people getting sick at the encampments, when they shouldn't have in the first place.

But I doubt we will see that in the news. And if it is shown, there will be those who just say it's more disinfo.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

No sir, I am 23, I am of the generation that knows the risks of STDs and more importantly HIV/AIDS. My age group and demographic is the highest at risk for such things. Free love with condoms I could maybe say ok, why not. Nothing wrong with sex. But unprotected sex is just careless and lacking in common sense. The fact that all these people are getting tested should tell you they were not playing safe. Its foolish.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hiya, can you guys plz not defend this one at least, i get it theres so many ways to see the world, but this.,

How many outbreaks do we get from people that live in the street, whens the last time whe had a huge pandemic because we have people with no roof over there head, no way to clean themselves, and nowhere to do number 1 and 2.

How many people got sick because of the homeless problem in NY or any major cities.

This one i just dont see the angle, this should not be news or used by anybody,

Just my 2 cent sorry

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Sorry to burst your buble, but heck STD does exists, but is such a minority of people that have one or the other...

Love is the greatest thing you can ever feel.

Im not againts ya i just find it out of touch with reality

Oh and cause there protesters dont mean they have an std or aids

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

Unfortunately, homeless people are usually ignored when they die. Just like they are ignored in life.

At most you’ll see a story where some “unidentified person was found dead, the police are investigating.” And that will be the last we hear of it.

These encampments though, have a large crowd of people living in fairly cramped conditions with little to no facilities to stay clean. It could be a very large petri dish for something like another flu outbreak or upper respiratory illness. Both can lead to pneumonia.

If that happens, and I hope it doesn’t, then it may make the news, unlike the homeless.

I’m afraid that it’s a time bomb.

ETA: If the unions truly supports the OWS, they will provide material support such as portable bathrooms like you see at construction sites. They come complete with showers, sinks and toilets. That would go a long way towards staving off a potential outbreak.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

You are just dumb. They last estimate that I saw was about 5,000 people on average at the New York protests like a couple of weeks ago where this happened. There are probably more now. The rate of HIV/AIDS infection there is 3x the national average. It is the 3rd leading cause of death for new yorkers aged 35-54. So chances are there were quite a few people at this protest with HIV/AIDS. Not to mention not everyone infected would know they have it. Free love is not cool or save anymore.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

YOU said it right,... Its is a Negative IMAGE,..and who is DOING THE portraying that Image, and spreading the rumors? It even said that It was basically gossip. One officer said he heard rumors THAT bla Bla, but could not confirm it. So it's Just Bla Bla Bla,
many of the people that are protesting are Home less, out of work, And in a desperate situation and have nothing to loose by Camping st the protest.
I My self Am at the OWS, SLC, Pioneer park camp. Near Down town SLC. the Camp is clean, there is a Public restroom for the Ladies and one for the Gents. we have set up a food tent. Donations come in large and small, from Stores and private citizens that just want to help, Vaulters Pop in daily to cook and serve 3 hot meals a day, other Show Up from as far away as Logan bringing everything from Cookies, to Entrees,
there is not running water or electricity, but Helpers bring in 55 gallons drums of drinking water, and water for dishes sanitation and clean up. there is a 100 gallon Pot with a propane burner keeping water Boiling all day, for Coffee teas, and hot water for dishes.
Every one washes there own dishes. things are running smoothly, and the health dept has come and inspected the make Shift kitchen and given us a clean Bill of health, there very impressed, and we Have a provisional food service license. we serve more than 300 meals a day, plus snacks.
People who want to help are Picking up laundry, Towels and Linen, washing it and returning it, Fortunately the city Is great about picking up the trash containers, so It does not pile up. but even if they did not Pick it Up I'm sure We would find a way to get it to the dump on our own.
there are tents for Donations, clothing, Socks Jackets, Parkas Ponchos, Spare blankets, and Sleeping bags. Some one set up a LARGE Dome Made with PVC covered it in Plastic where people meet to warm up and talk.
If we can do that here , In SLC, I have No doubt that others are doing as well in there city is.
Personally I think it's a Gossipy scare tactic, probably horribly exaggerated, like kids on a Play ground saying
YOU HAVE KOOTIES! so no one will want to play with you.
and If it is true, even a Little, SHAME ON THE CITY! for not providing Port a Potties, or leaving the park restrooms open to the public.
In Nazi Germany, Jews were herded in to Ghetto's. Starved and Stressed by over crowding. the water supplies, and electricity was shut off, Sewer lines deliberately Blocked to and from the Ghettos. they were cut from Sanitation and health care, creating the distasteful unhealthy conditions, there were Our breaks of Hepatitis, T.B. Disentary, Scurvy, to name a few, many died.
And the Nazi, broadcast there filthy sick state of being to the world at large, as Proof of there Degenerate Dispositions, and Nature. As if they chose to live like that....as IF ANY ONE WOULD CHOOSE TO LIVE LIKE THAT!!! BLAMING THE VICTIMS, What your proliferating is no different, than the Nazi Propaganda Smear campaign. Against the Holocaust Jews encampment in the Ghetto's, SHAM ON YOU!
Instead you should be petitioning the City's to pick up garbage, provide running water toilets, Let them exerciser there constitutional rights with out interference and Abuse.
but there out to demonize the protesters, and deny there civil rights then send there gestapo Police to attack and terrorize them. with tear gas, Directed energy weapons, pepper spray Rubber bullets.
AGAIN SHAM ON THE CITY! not the protesters. and Sham on you!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Last I heard, they had about 500,000 dollars in donations, they can buy their own lysol wipes

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Great logic buddy. If they don't want to risk getting sick...don't go there. What about the people who have jobs in the area? Or people who live in the area? Some people HAVE to go there. I'm not against OWS but a line has got to be drawn somewhere. When there is literally crap everywhere and people are getting sick because of it, it's not fair to the people who have no choice but to be in the area. There is no reason for "live in" protesting. Go home at night, clean your a**, and come back fresh in the morning to start a new day. Quit leaving your trash everywhere, quit crapping in the streets, and take responsibility for yourself so others don't have to suffer. If any of this story is true, it is absolutely appalling.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Oh BS.............Have you actually been to one?

We were at the one in Chicago two weekends running and people were quiet, decent, non violent VERY CLEAN, Free food and united.

You are a tool and I know you are a powerful agent here at ATS.

Simply a tool.

This is a protest against the frap the common man has been made to endure for ages and enough of us are waking up and reacting and you Rock are trying again to shut down and support the powers that have ruled and ruined us.

Again, have you been to a Occupy Wall Street Rally?

We have and a big one, Chicago............and everyone I came into contact with was again decent, peaceful and picked up after themself.

Disinformation agent, traitor, turn coat.

Here’s another stat that the Occupy Wall Streeters can hoist on their placards: The world’s millionaires and billionaires now control 38.5% of the world’s wealth.

According to the latest Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse, the 29.7 million people in the world with household net worths of $1 million (representing less than 1% of the world’s population) control about $89 trillion of the world’s wealth. That’s up from a share of 35.6% in 2010, and their wealth increased by about $20 trillion, according Credit Suisse.

The wealth of the millionaires grew 29% — about twice as fast as the wealth in the world as a whole, which now has $231 trillion in wealth. Source of text: www.dailykos.com...:-Global-Network-of-Capitalism-Revealed-by-New-Study

People are waking up in vast numbers and realizing how our corrupt governments (plural) are now owned and operated for and by the large corporations.

And we're not gonna take it no more.

First will come peaceful demonstrations.

Next if that don't work and the mind control tactics and infiltration the NWO is using falls short, will come revolution.

The way our system is currently working is outdated and needs revamping.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
Benjamin Franklin, (attributed) at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Convention, 1775

This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in. ~Theodore Roosevelt

edit on 3-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join