It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's message hits America (RTnews)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

I had type a lengthy reply explaining but I lost it. But in a nut shell. No not the enemy, the opposite. But I do think he is part of the plan top secure the desired outcome by TPTB.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ron Paul's impact is definitely being felt. Fox news just reported that Tim Pawlenty has dropped out of the presidential race because of his third place showing in the Iowa straw poll. Ron Paul came in secomd, significantly ahead of Pawlenty.
Ron Paul is the only candidate that I'll support in 2012

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Sometimes I read things here that make me hopeless about the fate of humankind

So true, yet so

Ron Paul can do so much good for many countries, not only the U.S alone. Only if people will realize this.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Dr. Paul has stood by his principles since he was elected to congress. He beleives we must get rid of the Fed, base our money on something solid (gold & silver), and bring our troops home. He believes in staying out of other peoples business. The only thing that worries me, and causes me to disagree with him is his stance on allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons. With the nut that is power now, that would be like giving a fully loaded mac 10 to a 4 year old. No good could come of that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

That helps TPTB if you only vote for him!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
God knows we need real change or we are doomed, but I don't think Ron Paul gets it. I love his ideas and anyone can listen to them and think, this guy gets it. What a simple solution. Why has no one done this before?

First he comes with the idea for the federal reserve to cancel 1.6 trillion in debt, but the fed. reserve is a private bank. He wants to stop all wars, but how many people do these wars actually contribute to employment? The 50 billion or so a month the government is spending is going to companies who employee 100's of thousands of people. Same with taxes.

God it would be great to have a simple tax rate. Let's eliminate the IRS and stop income tax. The IRS employees about 100,000 people and how many people make their living doing other people taxes? That would eliminate another couple million jobs.

So although his ideas are radical and seem like common sense, we can see there would be some serious employment consequences if he were elected. I think that is the problem with politicians. They campaign on all these promises that sound like great ideas, but when they get into office they realize their ideas just fiscally won't work. I wish the answers were as simple as Ron Paul makes them sound, but they are not.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88 He wants to stop all wars, but how many people do these wars actually contribute to employment?
Really? Money is the reason for the war machine. That's what WE wish to remedy.

I like Ron because I'd like to be free. I can see how no minimum wage might replace the government dole, but I can see it as slavery as well. However, I can find no reason to not have socialized medicine. A person working for $7.25 an hour might be able to eat ramen under a bridge but would be hard pressed to perform surgery on himself.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by orbitbaby

So why has it taken this long for him to be in the frame for nomination? Me thinks hes just been used/played because it suits TPTB's purpose and it helps deflect the populas from thinking that the dice are loaded.

His message hasn't changed, but America has. He's been saying it all along, but now Americans are ready to hear what he is saying.

Anyone who thinks Ron Paul is a puppet of TPTB might be just a wee bit TOO paranoid...I agree we should be vigilant, but it is clear that Ron Paul is not part of the status quo political machine...how could his presidency benefit TPTB?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Isn't he the one that likened legalizing gay marriage with legalizing slavery? Sorry, but I don't think I can vote for someone who doesn't believe in basic human rights.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by russntx

Lots of people look like someone else. What a stupid comment!

Yeah, but not all look like the guy from Heaven's Gate. That's what made it significant.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ron Paul is technically correct but it is not gonna stop terrorist either.Only way terrorism gets stopped I am afraid is with the big attack like 9/11.Then the U.S. will rage all Hell on exetremist in the Islamic world.

link   
Ron Paul is technically correct but it is not gonna stop terrorist either.Only way terrorism gets stopped I am afraid is with the big attack like 9/11.Then the U.S. will rage all Hell on exetremist in the Islamic world.

link   
Sorry about the double post...lagged up

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
Isn't he the one that likened legalizing gay marriage with legalizing slavery? Sorry, but I don't think I can vote for someone who doesn't believe in basic human rights.

Nope. Perhaps you should do some research before you bash someone.

In March, Paul made similar remarks during an appearance at a “Presidential Symposium” sponsored by the FAMiLY Leader— an anti-gay group working to repeal same-sex marriage in Iowa. At that event, Paul said that the Iowa Supreme Court (which overturned the state’s Defense of Marriage Act) has the constitutional right to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
Ron Paul's impact is definitely being felt. Fox news just reported that Tim Pawlenty has dropped out of the presidential race because of his third place showing in the Iowa straw poll. Ron Paul came in secomd, significantly ahead of Pawlenty. Ron Paul is the only candidate that I'll support in 2012

Hahaha... You folks have no idea.

Tim Pawlenty dropped out because Rick Perry entered into the race. Its all over the news.

As all other 49 states fell into a depression, the state of Texas was celebrating an economic boom. Rick Perry helped the state of Texas remain economically stable by bringing in... jobs and businesses.

Can Ron Paul boast about his state's economic situation?

Perry is also a pro-business and less government politician.

You folks have no idea about what is going to happen.

Rick Perry announced his presidential run, and he beat Mitt Romney, within the Iowa strong polls, by just breathing the words, "I am running for president." Perry won sixth place by not even debating.

Ron Paul will lose to Rick Perry's success as governor.

All we need now is Mayor Giuliani to enter the race.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
Isn't he the one that likened legalizing gay marriage with legalizing slavery?
Source?

Is this what you are refering to?

Ron Paul will not sign The Family Leader’s 'Marriage Vow'

The 14 point vow originally included language that “a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA's first African-American President."

blogs.abcnews.com...

"Americans understandably fear that if gay marriage is legalized in one state, all other states will be forced to accept such marriages."[191] He says that in a best case scenario, governments would enforce contracts and grant divorces but otherwise have no say in marriage.[192] Paul has also stated he doesn't want to interfere in the free association of two individuals in a social, sexual, and religious sense.[193][194] Additionally, when asked if he was supportive of gay marriage Paul responded "I am supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's big into states rights. "America, love it or leave it" could turn into "Oklahoma, love it or leave it". We're looking at mini countries no longer threatened by the withholding of federal funding. This could bring on a new kind of patriotism. I'm guessing sports teams would be the new soldiers. Would we be able to band together to fight an external enemy like the federal government?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I watched it my self. The debate on Thursday.

reply to post by gentledissident

I've been looking for the video from that debate, but haven't had much luck getting the right section (the gay rights part), most people are too focused (and rightly so) on the economic parts. I'll keep working on it after work, if no one finds it before hand.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I just watched him speak at the straw poll, I have fox news on.

If he loses in the US, can Canada have him?
I wonder if we have a birth requirement here

I love his ideas about a small government that doesn't interfere so much in people's lives.
It's good to see him getting air time.
Most of the other candidates are too religious, and church and state should not mix......

Since Canada is under the queen of England, I would think not. From what I understand, She even uses her veto power over those in political office there now. She is on your money, last I looked. I would love to have him as President, those paid off cretins in DC would freak out, Ron Paul is the change we both need.
Canada would be better off too if he was to win here.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I must also admit that Rick Perry appears like He will become the front runner and most likely to win.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
However I like Ron Pauls old fashion common sense ideas but I doubt enough people will vote for Him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join