It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to introduce to you a new species of animal, plant, & insect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the world is beautiful.
too bad its destruction is inevitable.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
very well researched and thought out/ s+f for sure. i am glad to see someone doing some homework for once instead of just spouting out any random thought that pops into their brain. hope to see some follow ups!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Good thread. I think the "wood eating catfish" is a Plecostomus. I had one of them in my fish tank and it ate vegetables and drift wood. Looks very similar.

Otherwise I found this to be a very interesting topic
S&F

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
so you guys wanted disclosure?

look at this thread, they have been here all along.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Great post..
very interesting, good work

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Great thread , and there are still plenty more species to be discovered once we can go everywhere below the sea.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
beautiful pictures all so clear i some day hope to find things of beauty and show them to the world

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Very nice thread! It brought to mind this plant I found in the woods one day. It is called a Gnome Plant and is rare or uncommon, apparently. It looks like some kind of plant from Venus imo.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Very nice. Music matched up with my journey through new species.
I will hit reply as soon as the song en

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
These animals are exceptional. I wonder what they'll discover next

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
very awesome thread, i dont post/reply much or give stars and flags unless they are worth it. this was very interesting and heaps intriguing... makes you wonder what else is out there, even in the deep oceans to other planets/moons...evolution and "life" complexities are endless.... you could say infinite ( if you dont believe in "god" )

keep smart and dont be a retard, cause we arn't here for any reason besides tax money

star & flag mate well done!!!! much apprecitated !!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
S+F OP! Great post! I love seeing new animals introduced into the fray...lol. That heart glass frog is cool! I shall call mine jelly frog.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This is nice great post but upsetting thaty you used the title you did to gain veiws it actually urked me a lot most of these thing aren't new at all you should change the title

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The Welwitschia mirabilis isn't a new or particularly endangered plant, but it is strange so I thought I would post it.

LINK

Welwitschia is a monotypic genus of gymnosperm plant, composed solely of the very distinct Welwitschia mirabilis. The plant is considered a living fossil. The geographic distribution of Welwitschia mirabilis is limited to the Namib desert within Namibia and Angola.

These plants have only 2 leaves that get abraded by the desert wind and sand, making it look like it has many leaves.

These plants are also very long-lived, living 1000 years or more. Some individuals may be more than 2000 years old.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I was expecting spiders and when i got to them i closed the site

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
some are colorful,some are aweful.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It just goes to prove how little we know about our own planet , let alone the rest of the universe.
If we are still discovering new species here on our little blue globe, then what is out there in the vastness of the cosmos?

S&F OP.
edit on 25-5-2011 by nolabel because: spelling mistake

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Great post, thanks for putting it together.

Isn't nature just amazing. We should all be humbled by it's beauty.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jeannyska1

Dont be mad at me. Be mad at Nat Geo & the like, because that's the name of their titles as well, new species. As far I'm concerned they're all new to me, & most others

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I knew putting that one pick of a spider would actually scare someone
edit on 25-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join