It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Car Engine Sends Shock Waves Through Auto Industry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I had a similar thing happen with experimental countertop material I sold years ago. It does not burn, stain and you can use it as a cutting board - much better then corian! It would have marked the end for corian. Well we introduced it into the USA through a german producer. Once Dupont, Formica and Wilsonart got wind of it they bought all rights to the product from the company in germany. It didn't appear until years later after the patent expired. And now is being sold by those three major companies at a premium to corian even though it was and is much cheaper to produce and install.

Funny how things work!
edit on 4/8/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It is a turbine with a generator ring. Not much of a new breakthrough.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We have had basically the same cars for decades and have seen very little improvement out of that industry. Why do we demand so little in ways of improvement from them? We are using tech from before we were on the moon for god's sake.

We should demand more and hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

i guess i never realy thought about it like that. in this case i have been a sheep, just following. i mean i had many ideas on how to improve and get off oil but im not rich or an engineer. i am angry and have been for along time that nothing has been done about this. i just loved how you pointed out "still using tech before we landed on the moon." i guess to sum it up i can use 1 word "Greed" is why we are where we are today. i hope soon we will change our current power source.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thank God someone's doing this. Its quite obvious that the internal piston engine is a bad design, and we should have figured this out a long time ago in my opinion. I mean when you got something that wastes energy every time a piston switches direction vs. something that only needs energy to get it going and it never has to change a direction, u know there is something wrong with the piston. sorry if this is a jumbled up reply.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i really hope this takes off , but i doubt we will see it within the next 20 years

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
LOL i was looking for a video of a loud engine.

Very cool none the less, maybe even more cool than a loud engine.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by predator0187

25 KW hahahahahahaha! Rotary hahahahahaha! My Chev powered Holden car puts out at least 15 times more power than that! Who cares, love my cars, love burning fossil fuels no matter how we acquire the oil hahaha! We will most likely run out of oil before we kill the environment anyway! So rev it up whether your choice is Turbo, V8, V12, Mazda Rotary or Diesel whatever ..... burn it up! This piece of machinery is a dud!

Hey smart guy, a hybrid car uses a second power source: batteries. The main power source is not going to be the 25kw engine. If the batteries can put out 50kw, that gives it the power of a typical modern automobile. If the batteries can put out 200kw, that gives it the power of your typical high-end pickup truck. Its kind of ridiculous you assume the guy is really planning to make an SUV that can't actually haul anything. Maybe you should have actually listened carefully.

Any ways, here are my thoughts on the device. Its ridiculous all hybrid cars don't already use turbine engines. I'm mystified why they don't do that. Turbines have much higher efficiency potential, period. Private enterprise may be better than the US government but clearly there is room for a better system out there... perhaps a new private framework that pushes industry to actually deliver the goods instead of floundering around churning out grade B products year-round.

Specifically I'm thinking about consumers forming unions and other groups that represent their own interests.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by cushycrux

Streets are ugly, aren't they?

They look OK if you are going 160 KPH (100 MPH in the old school) in an old school internal combustion engine not some hybrid device ... lol

You sound very very young, with no children or grand children who need a tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I had a similar thing happen with experimental countertop material I sold years ago. It does not burn, stain and you can use it as a cutting board - much better then corian! It would have marked the end for corian. Well we introduced it into the USA through a german producer. Once Dupont, Formica and Wilsonart got wind of it they bought all rights to the product from the company in germany. It didn't appear until years later after the patent expired. And now is being sold by those three major companies at a premium to corian even though it was and is much cheaper to produce and install.

Funny how things work!
edit on 4/8/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

No not funny...sad :-( if this were not the way of it, we would be long past working our butts off for a little bit of paper and be like on Star Trek non $$ society with good health, replicators to make food and material goods with no waste recycling and a great way of life for every single person on the planet and moved on to colonize other planets.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, the Japanese already had a water-fueled car with working prototypes. Big government will get their hands on this. The goal is to make sure big oil doesn't get the shaft. There is too much money in big oil to let this happen. Remember, the government does exactly what they want to do. If they really wanted new, efficient technology on the road, then we would have new, efficient technology on the road.

If I'm not mistaken, the Model T only got about a mile or so less per gallon than our national average MPG. The combustion engine is archaic compared to the rate at which other technologies have advanced. This is by design. Don't think for a minute that it isn't.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I hope this guy has his affairs in order. He might be 'committing suicide' in the near future.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Who cares. They already invented the 100% electric car that worked like a charm and conformed to 95% of the population but they took it off the market because big oil didn't approve. This engine might be new but it still feeds the oil industry. We have to kill that dependance, rip off the band aid, not peel it off slowly. Screw big oil and their fat pockets and all those that support them.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This design would not completely combust the fuel. It would be faily inefficient. It would be nice to have a steam turbine like that. A mass produced one would help me to build my dreamcar. A coal burning steam turbine powered road monster.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Everyone knocking the hp it will produce needs to think of transmissions and gearboxes that can use this thing just fine by torque multiplication hp reall will mean nothing if all its doing is charging batteries not roasting your tires Im an auto tech and like the idea todays cars are s% to me they leak pollute way to much and suck way to much gas down for the power that they produce i hope it works

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There's something already made and better, they already have working tests of it as well.

www.youtube.com...

300hp and it's the size of a coffee can... the bigger the more power....

Runs on ANYTHING

www.angellabsllc.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
you know when i was younger i had a Metro. was a ugly car but it was a little 3 cylinder that got 60 MPG and would run 85 MPH all day! if oil is such a big concern why dont we have any of those anymore? (and if anyone has one running i would offer to buy it lol)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Your wisdom and insight astounds me, and I wonder how ATS ever functioned before you got here.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Funny how things work

Funny .... in a tragic kinda way. This standard-operating-procedure is why the world is such a tragic, backward place. All the *seriously wrong* people are in power and they are forcing us to use the worst possible tech.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
There's something already made and better, they already have working tests of it as well.

www.youtube.com...

300hp and it's the size of a coffee can... the bigger the more power....

Runs on ANYTHING

www.angellabsllc.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

That engine is another equally impressive design. From my understanding, that engine has never been hooked up to a dynometer and therefore the performance characteristics of the engine are only estimates. I think that has been the weak point of the engine and the reason for all the delays. The inventor should have simply produced another prototype despite the $100,000+ cost of such a thing.

But yes, its a very good engine, and I'm very disappointed it still isn't under production. I tried to convince the inventor he should first sell his invention as an air compressor (because its well proven to be an amazing device in that regard and can therefore ). However, he did not listen to me. Well, he is getting old and I hope he gets it off the ground before he retires. Look at the Moller Skycar (a "flying car") on Youtube. Yeah its amazing and it worked in tests, but the inventor is also getting old and the invention still isn't under regular production. Sadly, big dreamers and big inventors often somehow lack the practical force required to get their inventions produced in a timely manner so they can actually cash in on the ideas. I suffer from the same issue. I've reduced myself to working on websites because I know I can, given enough time, actually finish a few.

Getting an invention to market takes incredible amounts of willpower and effort. That effort is something most inventors don't end up doing because there are so many unexplored ideas to focus energy on that are much more exciting than simply churning out an existing idea.

Its ridiculous that there are not *well known* companies structured to actually remove all the effort behind those inventions. A key problem is that most of the success in a company is typically in marketing, not innovation (ie Microsoft). If their focus was invention they would not be successful. If Microsoft's focus was on producing amazing bug-free software they would have never taken off. For the same reason, the Moller Skycar, the Angel Labs engine, and the engine shown on this post have enormous obstacles to ever take off even if we ignore the fact the oil companies would in fact not want such an engine to be on the market!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm afraid if it's on Discovery (or Popular X, or History Ch, etc) then the oil companies almost certainly already own the tech

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join