It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Great post !

Wish I new what the heck he was talking about .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Please just keep him away from tap water.The floride will dumb him down for sure.
Would give my left ..... to see his pineal gland compared to a 'normal' persons.
Namaste

link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Are you sure there, expert?

Ever known anyone with Asperger's syndrome?

I have. It's not the "ability to focus" as you said. It's more like a complete obsession. In trade for this ability to completely obsess, you get the side-effect of social ineptitude.

It's not all wine and roses.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
reply to post by Griffo

Nah, from what I've seen, he's just regurgitating what he's taken in, which is no small task looking at all he has taken in. I don't mean to denigrate him in any way. The boy is brilliant. I just am not sure how much new theory his mind is geared to generate. Prodigies like this are amazing, but we will have to see how his particular gift is manifested.

I am an engineer and had to study all that math 24/7 to understand it, no joke. I can follow the kid, but can't retain information like he does. And I doubt I could have understood any of it at that age. But I think I have a great creative imagination that I know Einstein had and I don't think it is a characteristic of that type of brain function, but who knows, maybe some kind of balance between the two is possible and maybe, just maybe he is it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This kid makes me look like a retard

lol i envy this kid. Hopefully he can contribute to something good.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I find it funny how all these people are talking like he's some sort of genius, sure, he's more educated that most people at that age, but in my opinion, it's very likely that he simply has a good memory (like many autistic people), in some of his videos, he talks like he's reading from a script and he also looks like he's putting on a show, ooh, look at me, I'm doing integrals on a window. It's also sensationalist reporting, I highly doubt he is going to be researching at a graduate level for a few more years, he's only done calculus 2 (kids in high school do this stuff) and I've looked at some of his videos, he doesn't understand what he's talking about, he says that there should be no carbon, because he's "done the calculations", this is complete garbage, not only would he not know how to calculate it at his level, but he's completely wrong as well, it's just some kid bragging that he's in college at his age and people seem to believe what he says because he's so young.

For someone who has supposedly studied astronomy, he sure doesn't have a clue what the big bang is, it wasn't an explosion, nor did it produce hydrogen (as in, the first particles it produced).

It's just some kid trying to get attention from people who don't know any better.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Jerry_Teps because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
I bet common sense isn't very common for this kid, I mean sure he's able to explain theories, but is he capable of changing his own diapers?

If what you are portraying is common sense than I agree, and I hope he never finds it. Amazing how people can bash a 12 year old on a forum. Threatening your self esteem I imagine...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

All i'm saying is what the guy above you just said, just because you think the kids smart doesn't mean he is..so get off my d##k

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Interesting point you raise . Let's hope his creative side will allow him to use his math to " create " new ideas .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Nah, from what I've seen, he's just regurgitating what he's taken in, which is no small task looking at all he has taken in. I don't mean to denigrate him in any way. The boy is brilliant. I just am not sure how much new theory his mind is geared to generate. Prodigies like this are amazing, but we will have to see how his particular gift is manifested.

Really? I've watched the other kids considered to be in the prodigy range, this kid stands out to me. You are quick to comment...

By the time he was 8, he got permission to sit in on an advanced astronomy class at IUPUI. Meanwhile, his math skills were reaching astronomical levels.

"You could tell right off the bat, his performance has been outstanding," said professor Ross, who at age 46 with a doctorate from Boston University, has never seen a kid as smart as Jacob.

"When he asks a question, he is always two steps ahead of the lecture," Ross said.

The numbers that keep him from snoozing are the same that led him to develop his own theory of physics — an original work that proposed a "new expanded theory of relativity" and takes what Einstein developed even further.
His mom decided to send a video of Jacob explaining his theory to the Institute for Advanced Study near Princeton University— one of the world's leading centers for theoretical research and intellectual inquiry.
That's where astrophysics professor Scott Tremaine does his work. Tremaine is an expert in the evolution of planetary systems, comets, black holes, galaxies.
In a letter back to the Barnetts, Tremaine confirmed the brilliance.
"I'm impressed by his interest in physics and the amount that he has learned so far," Tremaine wrote in an e-mail, provided by the family. "The theory that he's working on involves several of the toughest problems in astrophysics and theoretical physics.

Just a few weeks shy of his 13th birthday, Jake, as he's often called, is starting to move beyond the level of what his professors can teach.
In fact, his work is so strong and his ideas so original, he's being courted by a top-notch East Coast research center. IUPUI is interested in him moving from the classroom into a funded researcher's position.
"We have told him that after this semester ... enough of the book work. You are here to do some science," said IUPUI physics professor John Ross, who vows to help find some grant funding to support Jacob and his work.

Sounds like he does more than memorize.

edit on 24-3-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hard to experiment if you have no mathematical model to build your hypothesis off of.

Only if your experiment involves a mathematical model in the first place. If your experiment is how to make fire, then you don't really need math...our ancestors sure didn't.

Also, I never said anything contrary to this in the first place. So, I fail to see why you even mentioned it. It isn't germaine to what I stated.

Perhaps it would be more correct if you had said "It's hard to prove a mathematical model if you do not have said model in the first place". You didn't though, you said something irrelevant to me.

Math + Experiment = Equally Important.

Not really.
Only one provides conclusive evidence.

I'm not saying math is worth nothing, but it doesn't prove anything by itself, and does not bear the weight of real proof.

Try not to cut down a 12 year old that is smarter than you.

Nothing I said was insulting, or derogatory. You are just inventing reasons to call people stupid.

I know he hampers on everyone's ego but a kid like this is more important the human race than 90% of us will ever be.

It has nothing to do with ego. Again, you are just looking for excuses to insult people.

This kid can come up with the most brilliantly woven mathematical theory in the history of man, and it means squat if it's unproven. If he proves nothing, then his ultimate contribution to mankind is a bunch of squiggles and lines arranged in an interesting pattern.

It's funny how you measure people in terms of worth.
The Nazi's assigned people different worth's also.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Love this story, stars for it.

God bless the kid, hope he does well in whatever he chooses to do in life.

link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

For someone who has supposedly studied astronomy, he sure doesn't have a clue what the big bang is, it wasn't an explosion, nor did it produce hydrogen (as in, the first particles it produced).

Please make a youtube video for us (and him) and explain the errors. He asks for help sometimes in his videos so I'm sure he would appreciate it. We all here at ATS would like for you to show us how it is done as well.

You know, so that way we can all put down the 12 year old....

link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This thread is about :12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity, not fellow members or anything else. Please refrain from posting off topic and rude remarks toward each other.

This will be the only warning given.

Do not respond to this post.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If there is one child who could figure out if we can really ever go faster than light, he'll be it. In the meantime, sounds like he will be ready for the Lucasian Chair real soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really? I've watched the other kids considered to be in the prodigy range, this kid stands out to me. You are quick to comment...

Really?
We're supposed to believe you've made a study of "special" children with intellectual talents?

That's a bold claim.
Prove it.

List the children you've studied, and then detail precisely how each compares to this child.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It will be interesting if this young man continues being interested in this stuff. Aspergers people do change their interests and this time next year he may have finished with all this and be interested in something else and that will be the end of it. I so hope his parents know about the current zeitgeist and will keep the "world order" people away from him, its unlikely tho!!!!! I agree with trollz, it would be so cool to have him on here, but he may find it stressfull if people didn't agree with his ideas tho.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A education in astronomy debunks what he says.

He obtains various figures and multiplies them together without an explanation.

He says that stars producing carbon would not have gone supernova by now, he gets this figure by multiplying the Chandrasekhar limit by the age of the universe (for a number of 20 billion). It's complete garbage designed to impress people who don't know any better.

He likens the big bang to an explosion, when it is not, it is an expansion of space-time.

He says something about 5% of carbon being created in the big bang, which is false.

I suggest you educate yourself rather than dogmatically defending him.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Jerry_Teps because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This kid is obviously not autistic. Even Aspergers syndrome is weird to me. Isn't it possible that 75% of brilliant scientists have "Aspergers?" Is that really a syndrome??? Doesn't syndrome suggest something negative?

Can't we just say he has special abilities? Why does everything have to be a disorder in this world?

These people are the key to human survival!

Here's a syndrome for you. Richjerk syndrome. People that have to constantly consume and can never get enough!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join